Type keyword(s) to search

S1.E03:

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I loved Joan's little moment of triumph turned to horror in burning the student evaluations, and realizing she had inadvertently started a serious fire.

I loved that she was able to put out the fire without help.

• Love 9
On 8/21/2021 at 12:54 AM, txhorns79 said:

I loved Joan's little moment of triumph turned to horror in burning the student evaluations, and realizing she had inadvertently started a serious fire.

She is the best part of this show, so far, although I love Sandra Oh. She's cracking me up, in every episode. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 4

I'm a big fan of Juju and Joan. Though I do think Joan was wrong to burn the evaluations.

I'm less sympathetic to Profession WM Privilege than I was last week. He really didn't take it seriously and he should have made more of an effort to seek out what the student was trying to tell him in his office, as well as other feedback. This is being mishandled, and it's his fault, but also the fault of Ji-Yoon, who is not doing her job. She's letting both Bill and Professor Smug get away with dismissing her directives.

The lecturer thing is a mess, also. She is not good at her job, and it's a real problem. I realize she's often in a terrible position, because everyone is undermining her. But she's got to get better at dealing with it, because it's not going to go away.

• Love 5

Joan is easily the best thing about this show. Lighting the evals on fire—and then starting a fire!—was uh-may-zing. And her sleuthing efforts to find the commentator on ratemyprof is hilarious. She is definitely the show’s MVP.

The show really wants me to be more interested in Bill than he warrants. You could see coming from a mile away that he was going to bungle the town hall by thinking he can show up and just ooze charm and not really engage with the students. Everything tied to him is just so tired trope-y, even Ji-Yoon.

I feel for Ji-Yoon but she needs to start throwing her weight around more.

I guess I’m in the minority on this but I can’t stand JuJu. Oh my gosh, that kid is insufferable. It’s not the child actor’s fault, it’s the writing, but get her off my screen ASAP please.

• Love 3

I was annoyed by this episode. I do internal investigations IRL, and the FIRST thing I would do would be to have the TA walk me through exactly what happened in that lecture regarding the salute, instead of listening to her whine about her student debt. 

I like Prof. Joan partly because she is funny and not an “older woman” caricature, but also because she sets expectations for her students (do the reading) and isn't interested in their fragility. I wish the town hall were purely satire of cancel culture but, sadly, no. 

I dislike Juju, but the age, phase, and adoption processing are pretty spot on. 

• Love 4
On 8/28/2021 at 9:42 PM, stealinghome said:

Joan is easily the best thing about this show. Lighting the evals on fire—and then starting a fire!—was uh-may-zing. And her sleuthing efforts to find the commentator on ratemyprof is hilarious. She is definitely the show’s MVP.

The show really wants me to be more interested in Bill than he warrants. You could see coming from a mile away that he was going to bungle the town hall by thinking he can show up and just ooze charm and not really engage with the students. Everything tied to him is just so tired trope-y, even Ji-Yoon.

I feel for Ji-Yoon but she needs to start throwing her weight around more.

I guess I’m in the minority on this but I can’t stand JuJu. Oh my gosh, that kid is insufferable. It’s not the child actor’s fault, it’s the writing, but get her off my screen ASAP please.

Yes, Bill thought he was going to ooze charm and the students would be putty in his hands.

It does not help that I kind of find the actor repulsive.

• Love 2