Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Tell All Part 2

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

As a long time watcher of My 600 lb. Life, and knowing several people who had WLS, you can eat through a gastric bypass or gastric sleeve.      It takes constant eating of high calorie foods (milkshakes, and other no no items), but it can be done.   One person on the Dr. Now's show ate through three different surgeries (Erica from California).   

A friend's husband had the Roue N Y (or whatever it's called) and did very well, but did start gaining some back, through eating at night, and extra meals, but didn't gain a big amount back.  He was in a support group that met in member's houses, and had pot lucks every meeting, and his wife said that you would be appalled at what people brought for her to reheat for the group to share.   

I suspect that Angela will probably defeat her surgery, and end up worse off than she was before, but with huge boobies plastered on. 

I think David of David and Annie also had a weight loss procedure a few years back... and it looks like he has gained it all back. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

I hope that I don't come across like one of those over-the-hill high school football stars still trying to relive their glory days in their older age, LOL. 

Absolutely not! This is part of your story, your history. Super interesting to read about how you met him - it gives a lot of insight on him too - and he sounds like a really good guy and a one-of-a-kind gentleman. I loved that you shared this!

Back to Angela: I never want to see her again.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Opine said:

That is so cool!  Truly one of my favorite shows of all time.  "As God is my witness, etc....."  Do you know where he is now?  

No.  Sadly we lost touch after I go married, which is what he predicted would happen.  The last time I saw him was the summer of 1984 when he came to see me in Florida on his way back to LA for the closing ceremonies of the Olympics.  That photo I posted was our last one together.  I had told him about some lawyer friends I had that I would be meeting up with later that weekend, and he was like telepathic.  He said, you're going to marry one of those lawyers.  And he was right on the money.  My worthless ex-husband was the lawyer I married.  It was so odd how he honed in on what was in the offing for me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Yes.  76 and going strong.  Almost prettier than she was when she was on WKRP in Cincinnati.

Whenever my friends and I would see her in anything on TV they would always tease me, "There's your competition," because I used to date Gary Sandy, and Gary had been in a brief relationship with Loni Anderson back in the day before I had met him and gone out with him on and off for a period of three years or so.

Gary and I.jpg

WOW! You're super gorgeous and this is a very cute photo! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I will say that both ladies are gorgeous, @Xebug67 - I gotta stick up for my Minnesota native Loni Anderson!  (Although she is pulled.......tight, lol.)

Aww.......shucks.  I think, to me, I was READY.  And I was not a heavy kid nor heavy young adult.  I was not as active as I could be, then had kids, didn't lose the weight......some know the drill.  

I would not have been surprised but then again I went to two support groups and stopped.  What?  You are crying because you can't swing through McD's and order a Big Mac Meal then eat a sheet cake?  You didn't connect those dots?  (Guess I left my empathy at home those two nights, lol!)

"I thought turkeys could fly!!!"  My family STILL quotes that at Thanksgiving!!!

I really hope Angela is gone for good, but money talks, in terms of ratings.

By all means root for Loni.  Did you ever read her autobiography, "My Life in High Heels"?  It was an interesting read.

Being the animal lover that I am, the "flying" turkeys episode killed me, LOL.

Being ready is half the battle with anything, right?  Quitting smoking, losing weight, getting over phobias.  Your accomplishment is one that you should not minimize.  It's an amazing one!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

The baby probably is not reading this forum.

True, but it doesn't make it any more acceptable to me. I just think with so many other obvious things to observe and comment about in these shows, it's unnecessary. Just my opinion!! 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Absolutely not! This is part of your story, your history. Super interesting to read about how you met him - it gives a lot of insight on him too - and he sounds like a really good guy and a one-of-a-kind gentleman. I loved that you shared this!

Back to Angela: I never want to see her again.

Thank you again, Breedom.  He was kind to me, though I can't speak for anyone else's experiences with him.  I loved how old school cornball he was.  That was part of what his attraction was for me.  To this day I can't listen to the Elvis song, "Can't Help Falling In Love" without remember it playing on the car radio when we were driving to his softball game one Sunday, and he very cornily but romantically sang along to it while holding my hand.  I remember telling my best girlfriend about that, and she was all, "He's going to ask you to marry him," but alas, not even close.  That never happened.  Clearly it wasn't meant to be.

The man also taught me to use seatbelts before it was even required by law to do so, so I guess I owe him my life for that, LOL.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lilysmom said:

For years, schools have been working on educating our children to accept each other regardless of what disabilities or issues they may have. Bullying is a major issue in every school today. What's important is what is on the inside of a person, not some perceived flaw.

I teach this every day.  I also teach neurotypical kids that they can bend, too.  Why are all my ASD kiddoes doing the blending in?  Gen ed population can learn from my ASD peeps, too!

• Love 3

I haven't read this anywhere, but I am curious.

The last we saw Natalie  before the Tell-All, she was leaving Mike to go live at Juliana's. Now she is in Florida. How did she get there? What happened with Juliana? Did she overstay her welcome? When did she leave Washington? How did she choose Florida ( Tampa, right?)? What happened with the rat?

And, not that I am a fan of Natalie, but Mike is so closed-mouthed he would drive me crazy...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, barshi50 said:

The last we saw Natalie  before the Tell-All, she was leaving Mike to go live at Juliana's. Now she is in Florida. How did she get there? What happened with Juliana? Did she overstay her welcome? When did she leave Washington? How did she choose Florida ( Tampa, right?)? What happened with the rat?

The fact that you think of these things makes me think you are my BFF.  

16 minutes ago, barshi50 said:

Mike is so closed-mouthed

I can't stand any of the three:  Mike, Nat or his mom.  His shrugging, eye rolling, and constant "We got a lot to think about......." then sits there like a lump on a log.  His hairdresser (who he would have never dated, she is way below his league, to him) dodged a bullet if she shot him down.  (Did that make sense, lol?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

To any of you who live in the Boston area, there is the Moldavan Restaurant in Newton.  I checked out the menu and the peasant food looks yummy.  On topic, I am happy this season is over.  I have watched Angela for the last time no matter what franchise she may be on.  

• Love 7
  • I don't know if this was mentioned (but I did check the last few pages-just not ALL) regarding Yara and potential pregnancy. It is so common for menstrual cycle after giving birth to be irregular and certainly when breastfeeding. So I did not understand why it's a big deal for her to not get her period. Unless of course it is  ready made drama to unfold for us.  Yara and Jovi take a pregnancy test.
  • woo hoo
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:
  • I don't know if this was mentioned (but I did check the last few pages-just not ALL) regarding Yara and potential pregnancy. It is so common for menstrual cycle after giving birth to be irregular and certainly when breastfeeding. So I did not understand why it's a big deal for her to not get her period. Unless of course it is  ready made drama to unfold for us.  Yara and Jovi take a pregnancy test.
  • woo hoo

Yeah Elizabeth said it was common.  But others like Kalani and Tiffany were mugging with wide eyes.

• Love 2
On 8/20/2021 at 11:28 AM, Persnickety1 said:

😂Angela made a spectacle of herself, then apologizes for how she behaved but not what she said and bounces, hitting on the limo driver as she departs.

I was so mortified and embarrassed for Angela after she flounced out with full cleavage, and then she threw her legs on Michael, demanding he massage her feet. How gross was that?

• Love 2
On 8/25/2021 at 12:56 PM, Xebug67 said:

I truly believe that Mike could have avoided married her altogether and things would have been just...

I remember Michael getting the call from Natalie stating their k1 was approved, and he looked uncertain, and unhappy. She just kept at him, even though they ended their relationship in the Ukraine on bad terms. She's such a user.

• Love 3
On 8/25/2021 at 1:35 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

I don't understand people being mad Natalie is still in the country. She tried to make the relationship work, her partner was horrible and her life was miserable, and now they both decided it's over. Why shouldn't she be able to make a go of it in America?

I am mad at Natalie because she is incredibly selfish, saw Mike as a pushover and milked him for everything. Plus she lies 24/7

• Love 5
8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah Elizabeth said it was common.  But others like Kalani and Tiffany were mugging with wide eyes.

Since people were questioning that K and T were possibly pregnant when this was filmed (since Tiffany had surgery after this, we know she isn't), then it might have been that they wondered if people would start questioning them. 

• Love 1
On 8/27/2021 at 1:07 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have probably said this before, but as someone who tests people for their IQ's, I see Jenny as a 79 or 80.  70 is the cutoff to be delayed, and she seems to be able to function basic life skills and that is about it.  I also suspect she had some trauma in her life at ages 13-16 as she seems stuck in that Harlequin Romance stage of life.  I mean, normal women don't pack up their life and move to India to be with a liar 30 years younger.  I mean, he repeatedly lied to her and she took it!  Remember when she got her visa and cried like her puppy just died?  And when it came out he was still married she STILL STAYED??  I mean, she gets everything coming to her.

@MRS. HANSON, I don't remember any previous talk about Jenny's IQ, or any other character, but I am interested in what you would estimate Danielle. Jenny and Danielle both do that world-ending sobbing and extreme reaction to plans gone awry. I think you're right about Jenny in teenager mode; I used to think of Danielle operating at a preteen level, what say you?

• Love 1

@Rt66vintage, well, if we are going to speculate on IQ, I have to wonder about Asuelu, Tiffany, Jenny, Sumit too.  And Ariela.  And Skyla.

I think probably the best candidate for weight loss surgery is King Chuck.  When he threatened to have a heart attack, I thought, so NOW is the perfect time to blame it all on someone else.  He should hire Andrei to be his personal trainer.

Edited by Colfrmb
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Colfrmb said:

@Rt66vintage, well, if we are going to speculate on IQ, I have to wonder about Asuelu, Tiffany, Jenny, Sumit too.  And Ariela.  And Skyla.

I think probably the best candidate for weight loss surgery is King Chuck.  When he threatened to have a heart attack, I thought, so NOW is the perfect time to blame it all on someone else.  He should hire Andrei to be his personal trainer.

I'd pay to watch that spinoff! 

• Love 4
On 8/24/2021 at 2:58 AM, renatae said:

We had Lebanese neighbors, and she told me she couldn't speak English when they came here, but she learned all she knew from watching TV.

This wouldn't work watching (un-)reality shows - no one seems to know basic good grammar any more. 

• Love 2

Actually interesting comments regarding the intelligence level of some of the "cast".

It's so hard to say, but some of them I think are more  a product of their environments. I guess it really is a combo.  I really feel bad for Danielle. I think she has been conditioned to laugh and smile when she is unsure and it really reflects badly on her.  She definitely is severely lacking in life skills and common sense.(I couldn't believe my ears with her "me and the kidziz dad".)

I think Ari has her intelligence and such but I think she is off emotionally and then very very indulged and spoiled so not the best judgement or life skills either, but I think intelligence wise she is ok.

Angela and her brood are just so trashy it's hard to figure how mentally challenged they might be - they are just trash.

• Love 1