Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: It's Family Night!

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

Competitors face off against their own family members on Parcade, Putt-A-Saurus and Donut Hole; rivalries heat up on Dutch Courage En Fuego and one pair takes the plunge on Holey Matrimony.

At long last, someone made the jump between the flippers on the Pin Ball game, but the man lost points laughing at his fiance falling in the water after hitting the flippers.   The woman almost makes a hole in one. The Uranus jokes are hysterical to me tonight.  I love Rob's analysis of why the woman missed on the flipper jump. (Thanks to another poster, apparently a tall man made the flipper obstacle successfully this season, I must have missed that.) 

Putt-a-Saurus next with sisters.  I love the running dinosaurs. and the dinos waiting next to the mud pits, and the hole, and laughing at the contestants.   

Dutch Courage En Fuego, I love the hits from the windmill blades on this one.  This couple are said to be related, but they're not, they only have the same last name.  I can't believe the Australian golfer made it through both sets of fan blades. 

Donut Hole, with the siblings was fun to watch, not fun to do.  

Holey Matrimony, takes down two more with the whirling ring jump.   It's pouring rain.  

I love Hole Number Two, especially since the woman hit her ball off the runway, and gets nailed by the third portapotty from the end.   The Aussie knocks his ball off before the first or second portapotty, and then gets nailed by the last portapotty guy.   Ben Rogers, the Aussie goes to the finals. 

Zach, the fiance, and Ben Rogers the Aussie, on the Pecker..   The same man who jumped the pin ball flippers, almost made the Pecker jump.   Ben Rogers makes a great putt, and grabs the feather from the top of the Pecker.     Ben Rogers wins.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Rob and Joe were in fine form tonight. When they were pretending to call a horse race, so good. We had a lot of good putts and several obstacles were successfully avoided. Two windmills, one flipper and one pecker. Don't think we had that many in all of season 2.

• Love 4

Watching Joe try to figure out how the golfball ended up behind the woman was comedy gold.

So glad to see someone make it across the flippers.

Also, frankly, I want more TV shows to have those dinosaurs.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

At long last, someone made the jump between the flippers on the Pin Ball game,

A tall guy made it earlier this season. He just ran across like it was nothing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

This was such a good episode because I loved the guy making it through both flaming windmills and making it look easy. Made me wonder why everyone can't do that. Then the successful flipper jump ... YEAY! So exciting! Then two successful Pecker jumps, although the one guy missed grabbing the feather. Still, that was a great leap in my book. I hate people who just fall in without even trying, which some still did this time, but the successful leapers made up for it.

Loved that the Rodgers sis and bro weren't related. Great burns by Joe and Rob. They were so funny.

Best part for me was noticing the T-Rex lineup in the crowd. I spent more time looking at them and laughing than watching the putters. I'd love them to be at every hole and, frankly, on every show I watch, they are HILARIOUS.

Then it starts pouring down rain! And they keep playing/filming!

Plus there were some thrilling putts that made me shout out loud at my teevee. In all a great episode.

• Love 4

Also loved the dramatic photo finish between the sisters during the T-Rex hole, with Rob being indignant when Course Marshall Colin reversed the call -- only for Colin to be proven right. Good stuff.

6 hours ago, DanaK said:

It was interesting how some of those contestants made some of the obstacles look very easy, with the Dutch Courage windmill being the most prominent

We thought it seemed like  the blades were spinning a bit slower on the first one.

• Love 1