Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The Roomies

• Start Topic

Gotta say, I have trouble not being annoyed by the Mallory/Briana storyline. I feel like we're supposed to root for Mallory standing up to Briana, but Mallory is a housewife who was helping out around the office and then was given an important position because of some superficial thing she had in common with a boss. (I can't remember what it was.) 

She's not the underdog fighting for the respect she deserves, she's like somebody's slacker nephew that was given a title and thinks his job is getting to eat the big muffin.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

Love looking at the beach house. The storylines are just strange but I love the chemistry between grace and Frankie.

What happened to Jane Fonda‘s wigs? This one looks really fake and ratty. 

I think it’s supposed to show the stress of the arrest, finding the money, and hiding the money. I’m guessing this starts where last season ended. 
If Brooklyn Decker is wearing a wig, it’s a bad one. If it’s not, she should rethink the hairstyle (meow!). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

If Brooklyn Decker is wearing a wig, it’s a bad one. If it’s not, she should rethink the hairstyle (meow!). 

Her hair and make-up looked awful, and her outfit was terrible.  I don't get it.

• Love 7

So glad the show is back, even if only 4 episodes to start out.

The storylines are meh...especially Mallory. Not sure where they are going with Nick, in the end it has to be Grace and Frankie together.

I thought Jane Fonda looked so frail compared to last season. Walking up the stairs looked like it was hard for her and overall she looked tired. Hope she is well.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I don't follow these things so I don't know if this episode was filmed pre or post pandemic but something is a little off about the timing of the lines or something I can't put my finger on.  It doesn't feel as tight and polished as in previous seasons.  I'm happy to have the show back but it's like the quirkiness is overtaking any direction to the plot, not that there was much of any to begin with.  At least so far they haven't ruined anything.  Most fictional shows I've been watching take a nosedive in their final seasons.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Love looking at the beach house. The storylines are just strange but I love the chemistry between grace and Frankie.

What happened to Jane Fonda‘s wigs? This one looks really fake and ratty. 

18 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I think it’s supposed to show the stress of the arrest, finding the money, and hiding the money. I’m guessing this starts where last season ended. 

14 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Her hair and make-up looked awful, and her outfit was terrible.  I don't get it.

I think I figured it out.  If this was filmed during the pandemic it might be because they don't have the usual hair/makeup/wardrobe people on the set due to Covid restrictions and so their looks are suffering as a result.  I have seen this on other shows and it has been discussed on their threads as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

So glad the show is back, even if only 4 episodes to start out.

The storylines are meh...especially Mallory. Not sure where they are going with Nick, in the end it has to be Grace and Frankie together.

I thought Jane Fonda looked so frail compared to last season. Walking up the stairs looked like it was hard for her and overall she looked tired. Hope she is well.

I noticed years ago she seems to have breathing problems. Watch her mouth. I believe she had had cancer & is in her 80’s. Still, her body is better than mine😳😀.

• Love 2
On 8/14/2021 at 12:08 PM, Yeah No said:

I don't follow these things so I don't know if this episode was filmed pre or post pandemic but something is a little off about the timing of the lines or something I can't put my finger on.  It doesn't feel as tight and polished as in previous seasons.  I'm happy to have the show back but it's like the quirkiness is overtaking any direction to the plot, not that there was much of any to begin with.  At least so far they haven't ruined anything.  Most fictional shows I've been watching take a nosedive in their final seasons.

The rhythm of the writing or the dialogue was off a bit for me in the first episode.  Thankfully it got better in the later episodes, IMHO.  But episode one felt different for me from past seasons.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 8/13/2021 at 12:14 PM, sistermagpie said:

Gotta say, I have trouble not being annoyed by the Mallory/Briana storyline. I feel like we're supposed to root for Mallory standing up to Briana, but Mallory is a housewife who was helping out around the office and then was given an important position because of some superficial thing she had in common with a boss. (I can't remember what it was.) 

She's not the underdog fighting for the respect she deserves, she's like somebody's slacker nephew that was given a title and thinks his job is getting to eat the big muffin.

Amen.  I'm so glad the show is back, but Mallory leap-frogging about 17 levels to a job she's not remotely qualified for continues to piss me off.  The woman is excited she gets to sign something, for Christ's sake! 

I love how irritated Grace and Frankie are with Robert and Sol staying there.  I'm so tired of rich people crying poor - none of the reasons Robert and Sol aren't in a hotel make any sense - but I'm going with it for the wacky hijinx of the four of them under one roof.

I thought the dog was going to run off with the money and bury it somewhere, so I laughed pretty hard when he peed on it instead.

I also laughed at Sol and Brianna taking a hard pass on her being the one to continue the healing ritual for his schlong, and then even harder when Bud was all in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I loved it, I really missed this show. I loved the treasure hunt for the money. I loved when Brianna and Mallory walked in, and Grace sees them an just goes "Oh, fuck." I do agree Sol and Robert staying with them is a stretch, but then again Sol and Robert on their own tend to annoy me, so having them be part of the Grace and Frankie story might be an improvement.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I loved when Brianna and Mallory walked in, and Grace sees them an just goes "Oh, fuck."

Me too.  I loved everything with the kids, how one set knew about the dads and the other knew about Nick, and they kept asking, "Wait, what?" when someone from the other set would reference something.  And then, of course, Grace's reaction to them, and them to her slow-speed escape up the stairs. 

• Love 2

According to the Hollywood Reporter, these first four episodes of season 7 were filmed in the beginning of 2020, before they had to shut production down because of the pandemic.

So it doesn't sound like the, uh, atypical hair and/or makeup choices seen on some of the actresses has anything to do with COVID measures. That was just some really bad styling.

I enjoyed the episode, but Grace got on my nerves at the end. Sol and Robert do not owe it to her to risk going to prison, just so that she can keep some dirty money that she has no right to.

It sucks that her husband turned out to be a criminal, but she married him knowing fully well that he was a sleazebag who bragged all the time about not paying taxes. It's not like there was no warning.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Chess board = Pete Best? Is there some connection I'm missing, or was Frankie just too high to make sense?

It was a surprise to me to see new eps pop up for this show when I was going for my nightly fix of Bojack. I've only caught this one so far but I laughed a lot. 

I don’t know, the show has kind of lost it’s magic for me. I really dislike Brianna and you can be a strong female executive and not be a bitch. Jane Fonda looks really frail as does Sam Waterson. I will finish out the season but not a must see anymore.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I really like this show, but I thought both women looked like lions. The work they have done is way too apparent for me to ignore. 

The premise is a bit thin, but I like the show so I am in for another season, but none of the main characters are looking their best.

sidebar: I can only hope to look like this at 80 so I might be a judgemental asshole.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

So this show opted to pretend the pandemic wasn't happening. There was a lot of interesting distancing between the characters and use of forced perspective though. (And, yes, I know the first four episodes were supposedly filmed before the lockdowns but it looked to me some precautions were being taken in positioning the actors.)