Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Kamino Lost

• Start Topic

That was stressful. I really thought they'd sacrifice AZI because killing off a beloved (yet not main) character is a staple to end a season.

The animation was again fantastic - every time water is involved I'm impressed as I've once read it's one of the most difficult things to get right. And I loved how it was clear that Omega despite everything considers Kamino home and her heart breaks to see it destroyed.

They clarified Omega's age although I still have questions. There are also still open questions about the exact moment Crosshair got rid of the chip. But it seems that Omega and the others have accepted that his actions are not dictated by the chip but by his nature - as Tech put it. Crosshair's redemption is going to be much more complicated than they all assumed. 

I'm glad there was no cliffhanger about anyone's survival including AZI. Ending with Nala Se was unexpected but effective. What exactly is the Empire up to? I can't help wondering if Filoni will not try to connect the tale to the Mandalorian. IIRC we got hints there that the Empire is trying genetically engineer the Force. Maybe that's based on Nala Se's work.

Fantastic first season - can't wait for season 2!

• Love 4

I was a bit underwhelmed. It was gorgeous, but I guess I was just expecting a little bit more.

I can’t believe the squad, including Omega, just decided Crosshair didn’t have his chip anymore. If only they had a scanner on the ship to double check. He was still talking about following orders and holding his head.

Everyone had a moment with Crosshair but Echo. Weirdly, the other member of the squad who had been left behind and then used by the Empire. I was waiting for the two of them to talk because I thought Crosshair would really try to shut it down because Echo is just a reg.

Loved how sad the trooper sounded when telling Rampart Kamino was destroyed. Definitely was a Clone feeling some regret. Might have been my favorite beat the entire episode.

Overall gorgeous but not as impressive as the opener of the season. 

• Love 1

Seeings a lot of reactions online expecting more from the season finale but I was on the edge of my seat  wondering how they would survive and what would happen with Crosshair. 

The animation and production design was incredible.

I love Tech's line to Crosshair "Understanding you doesn't mean I agree with you."

• Love 6

Damn, that was good. I really thought AZ was going to die. I guess Crosshair did get rid of the chip, he's just an asshole 😂. Although I do wonder if there's some jealousy involved with Hunter? Like Crosshair thought he should have been the Leader.

The animation was beautiful and this felt like part Titanic and part Poseidon Adventure. I was deeply invested although I actually thought Crosshairs would die saving Omega getting a quicky redemption. 

I'm guessing Nala Se will be forced to work on Cloning Palpatine...does that mean she has Baby Yoda?  😯

• Love 5

Good finale.  Nice story and some outstanding animation.  I give them credit for going with the resolution they did with Crosshair though his Empire love makes no sense after they literally just tried to kill him.  I thought they would have something bigger storyline-wise for this.  I'm really looking forward to what they have in store next season.  I hope that the Batch is fleshed out more as individuals as opposed to a group.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, benteen said:

Good finale.  Nice story and some outstanding animation.  I give them credit for going with the resolution they did with Crosshair though his Empire love makes no sense after they literally just tried to kill him.  I thought they would have something bigger storyline-wise for this.  I'm really looking forward to what they have in store next season.  I hope that the Batch is fleshed out more as individuals as opposed to a group.

I’m hoping they flesh out the members of the squad next season too. I feel like I learned more about them in the four episodes they were in during Clone Wars versus this season.

I do think Crosshair looked torn again at the end of this episode. I really think if the squad had talked to him more, he might have caved. I feel like we’re going to get a Kallus like story with Crosshair next season where he figures out the Empire actually doesn’t care for him at all. I sure hope he survives like Kallus.

• Love 2

Good finale to a really solid season. I am really glad that everyone survived (and I was worried) and that we are heading for more adventures next season. I really had no idea what was going to happen with Crosshair, although I like how it played out. Unlike the other clones, he isn't brainwashed, he's just a dick, although even he isn't thrilled with himself. It seems like he's bitter and while he wants to fight for the "winners" he feels at least somewhat bad about it, just not bad enough to leave the Empire, despite all of the evil that the Empire has done, even to their own clone brothers. 

The animation was stunning as always, in fact I think they took it up a notch with the big battles and the mass destruction, it was epic and horrible. It really felt like the end of an era for the clones and for the SW universe. 

So begins operation "Clone Palatine in case of sequels!"

• Love 3

When I first watched the episode I felt a little let down, it felt a little anti-climatic. Giving it some thought, I was being unfair because I think I was expecting a big emotional punch like from the end of Clone Wars. But that was seven seasons, and Ahsoka and Rex had had long character arcs. The first season of Bad Batch wasn't going to be able to do that, and on top of that, I think it was supposed to show them being off-balance, and struggling to figure out who they are now in this very new world with no missions and no purpose. And after watching the season again, it feels better. And I'm looking forward to another season. 

What I really appreciated from this episode specifically, it wasn't easy for them to escape. I think that would have annoyed me the most. It should have been difficult and dangerous and I appreciate that it was. That being said, holy shit turn off the flashlights. And screw you, Crosshair, you were shooting at them. They didn't leave you behind, you were shooting at them. 

• Love 1