Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: The Keys to My Heart

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Michaela made Zack's Covid all about her. Geez-louise, where was the care-taking? The sympathy? "They" decided she would go back to Houston? Why? I would have booked the room next door & visited a bit over the balconies. Drop him off a few little treats to try to cheer him up, make sure he eats, stays hydrated. At least be present in case the poor guy takes a turn for the worst. 

I think it was his idea for her safety and given the unusual circumstances of their marriage. I think her inclination was to stay with him...

4 hours ago, rebel2u said:

Poor Gil.  He's 4 days in and already knows he's doomed.

I like how he's taking it in stride. Not getting all hurt and wounded. He's not the needy type.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Michaela made Zack's Covid all about her. Geez-louise, where was the care-taking? The sympathy? "They" decided she would go back to Houston? Why? I would have booked the room next door & visited a bit over the balconies. Drop him off a few little treats to try to cheer him up, make sure he eats, stays hydrated. At least be present in case the poor guy takes a turn for the worst. 

I know.  She strikes me as a narcissist.  If it isn't about her she doesn't have any time for it.

4 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I think it was his idea for her safety and given the unusual circumstances of their marriage. I think her inclination was to stay with him...

It looked to me like she only wanted to stay with him if she was going to have the time she wanted out of it, which was the honeymoon she signed up for, not staying with him to send him up treats and care for him without getting close.  She acted like he was deliberately wrecking her plans.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, Myrla is a pill but I agreed with her about the choice of hotel.  On one of the intro shots it showed the aerial l view of the place and it wasn't as grand as some of the places in seasons past.  I get it that Covid has restricted them but it's too bad they couldn't find something a little nicer.  

Gil needs to learn to reign in the over-sharing.  That may be his way of working out his understandable frustration but still not cool.

Pastor Cal needs to learn how to pronounce "Isla Bella".  It's IS-la, not EYE-la.

I didn’t hear him even say that word maybe I didn’t  finish watching but I volunteered at non profit in Isla Vista in Santa Barbara for 3 years and is pronounced Eye-la . Lost of trouble from college students going to college there and always heard it pronounced EYE- la 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

Dear god, between José last week wanting to brush her teeth, and this week being determined to wear her down enough that he will soon be handfeeding her and controlling her financially, I am worried she will be kneeling under the table with a collar and choke chain next week.  I’m all for power exchange dynamics - but only when all parties are consenting and have agreed on safe words.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Michaela needed to remember that Covid is contagious.  Not just for her, but for the film crew and the hotel staff. Having her there was risky for her and added more work and risk for every one else.  Some hotels that were doubling as quarantine and isolation rooms also had rules about who could be in the room.  Plus she tested negative then… staying in the room could gave  caused her to become  posiitve. It wasn’t like she was going to be able to socialize with the other couples risking them becoming infected. 

Jose… it’s okay to feel like you should make enough money to provide for your family. It’s quite another to control your wife by hand feeding her and expecting her to put up with it. She’s not a baby or disabled to the point where that is necessary. 
the joint account did not bother me as long as each got an agreed amount of money to spend on their own needs and whatever wants that can be afforded . But then I didn’t marry a stranger and we’ve worked out acceptable amounts over the years.   So maybe hold off for a year at this point. 
Rachel… accepting a little investment  and budgeting advice from Jose wouldn’t  be a bad idea since it sounds like you haven’t started  saving for your future at all. 
Myrla… you want the finer things in life, but I truly don’t see a) how you make enough money to afford the life you think you deserve and b) why it is that you think your requirements don’t  make you high maintenance, and c) why you think whining and temper tantrums make you desirable as a friend or a wife.. Lash fills, frothed almond milk, a different resort,  a counter of make-up and beauty products. Turning your nose up at every single minute of your day.  Hire an old style matchmaker to set  you up  with a sugar daddy next time.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 16

Methinks Wrong-Reasons Myrla figured WTH---Maybe she'd  be matched with a rich man! At the very least, MAFS offers $$; travel (if not luxurious); and, as unfortunately proven, a potential career in Reality TV! Maybe she would even find love! (I crack myself up sometimes.) 👠 👛 🛍 🤑

JocelynCavanaugh: Jose and his "role of a lifetime---straight man who likes women...." Well-said. 👏 

And wasn't Johnny masterful in how he explained why he chose Neckerchief Jose to help pick out a clothing present for Bao? "I asked you because you're Mr. Romance." 🤫 😁

DrewPaul2010: Perhaps it is Ryan's Serial Killer lack of affect? 😐

Did I sleep  😴  through the previewed "Michaela yells 'Get out!' and slams the door shut" scene? I'm truly inquiring here. 😇

I also don't  remember seeing Myrla  having a tantrum. 🤷‍♀️

Definition: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/tantrum

Nilo: Perhaps Jose's "safe word" is "Stepford." 🤔 😕

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, valdawn said:

I’ll gladly take your place at your “shitty” honeymoon locale Myrla. Way to make the best of things snob. 

ETA: Gil at least acts like he has way more patience for it than I would. I would be over her and her complaining already.

Gil did his share at the pool, behind her back,

• Love 12

Does Ryan ever smile?  I'll bet all those dates left him!  He's a real downer.  Brett doesn't seem to notice.  Those roots are growing!

Strange how they flew the bride home and left the sick groom all alone!

Myla chose this show because nothing else was working for her.  Gil is cool and patient.  I bet he's wondering what did I do???

• Love 6
(edited)

The timeline has unvaccinated Zach getting Covid 19. Scary times.

One of his parents is a physician, so betcha they are overly concerned their baby is being taken care of by a teevee production intern.

Michaela’s “poor, poor pitiful me” act while Zach is ill is poor optics.

Then she upped it a notched in selfishness and whined how she won't get to show off her suitcase full of bikinis on the beach...

Putting her on a plane back to Houston while she is still testing negative means she can quarantine in her own home and if she tests positive her sisters can take care of her….production wants to release her back to her sisters and passing her off  like she’s a hot potato….

Not the most ethical solution to punt Michaela back to Houston….

Bao must think she is on MAFS Unmatchables:

”This one time at band camp  leadership camp for fear of letting others hear me snore, I didn’t sleep the whole week.”

Johnny calling her out on snoring is totally production shenannies…Bao related that story in her pre production interviews and they spoon fed Johnny to make her snoring a bigger deal.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, spunky said:

I think Micheala wanted to stay with Zack, but production convinced her to go home. 

Stay WITH him or stay at the resort but not in the same room with him?  She shouldn't have been in the same room with him in that scene much less quarantine with him in the hotel room.  That's a given, but there's no reason she couldn't have stayed either in another room or at another hotel and salvaged what she could of the vacation.  Plus Covid tests have been known to be inaccurate in the early pre-symptom stages so perhaps it would have been more appropriate for her to isolate and quarantine herself for a certain amount of time before traveling back home and potentially putting other people at risk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Stay WITH him or stay at the resort but not in the same room with him?  She shouldn't have been in the same room with him in that scene much less quarantine with him in the hotel room.  That's a given, but there's no reason she couldn't have stayed either in another room or at another hotel and salvaged what she could of the vacation.  Plus Covid tests have been known to be inaccurate in the early pre-symptom stages so perhaps it would have been more appropriate for her to isolate and quarantine herself for a certain amount of time before traveling back home and potentially putting other people at risk.

I agree with you. I think production sent her back home.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

She was  also proud of herself for being a whiner. 

And Myrla had the same grin on her face when she said she threw tantrums. I cannot stand grown adults who act like toddlers and think it's cute. She said she wanted someone to do things with her; maybe people don't like spending time with her because she's a pain in the ass to be around. Gil knows what's up.

7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

What Rachel wants is to keep her paycheck in her private account and she will contribute a set amount into a joint account that Jose and she can use to make investments, pay mortgages, bills, buy food.

This has always struck me as equitable, especially if someone makes a lot more than someone else or someone has a lot of debt (which we don't know about Rachel and Jose). If it costs 40% of their combined income to live (housing, utilities, food, dependent care - regular expenses), each person puts 40% of their income in their joint account and the rest is theirs to do with as they want or need. If someone makes three times as much as someone else or someone makes six figures but also has six figures in student loan debt and the other person makes less but has no debt, splitting bills 50/50 isn't equitable and doesn't make financial sense.

Michaela did not handle Zach's COVID diagnosis well. She was like "But what about our honeymoon?" and didn't seem to take into account that, you know, people die of COVID, or have long-lasting symptoms. Yes, Zach is young and fit, but I have an acquaintance who had it who was also young and fit and now can't walk for more than 10 minutes and can't move faster than a walk at all - and that is progress compared to where she was. Like, y'all can go to Florida some other time. Focus on him getting well and you not getting sick, damn.

I can't tell if Ryan's affect is grief or if he's not into Brett. Even when he's joking, he looks sad.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Putting her on a plane back to Houston while she is still testing negative means she can quarantine in her own home and if she tests positive her sisters can take care of her….production wants to release her back to her sisters and passing her off  like she’s a hot potato….

Not the most ethical solution to punt Michaela back to Houston….

It would be like them to do that.  Remember how Jamie and Elizabeth flew back home after being exposed to her parents who tested positive and then suddenly tested positive once they got home?  Like DUH, who didn't see THAT coming?  But production doesn't give a crap about that.

13 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Bao must think she is on MAFS Unmatchables:

”This one time at band camp  leadership camp for fear of letting others hear me snore, I didn’t sleep the whole week.”

Johnny calling her out on snoring is totally production shenannies…Bao related that story in her pre production interviews and they spoon fed Johnny to make her snoring a bigger deal.

You're probably right.  I think I am going to take any of their so-called "issues" with a grain of salt from now on.  There was something not to be believed about the way she brought the subject up out of the blue like that and made it that big of a deal.  I am almost sure these two went into this marriage knowing that it was a "role" to play.  They may have known each other in the present too, not just their distant past. Either they were already involved in a romantic relationship right before the show or just friends who did this on a lark.   It's like even the couples that look "made for each other" on this show aren't genuine anymore.

• Love 5

So, Michaela acting like a selfish brat may take some of the heat off of Myrla.  I get Myrla, she has high self esteem and high standards, but she is exhausting.  Gil sees through her and is just going along to get along until this thing is over. 

I got a feeling watching last night that everyone was acting.  Except Michaela and Myrla.  Johnnie and Bao - acting.  Jose and Rachel - acting.  Ryan and Brett, barely civil, acting like they're both stuck on jury duty. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I got a feeling watching last night that everyone was acting.  Except Michaela and Myrla.  Johnnie and Bao - acting.  Jose and Rachel - acting.  Ryan and Brett, barely civil, acting like they're both stuck on jury duty. 

Exactly.  Not buying it.  Especially José and Rachel because they're just pouring it on sooooo thick with the kissing and her with the "You're everything I asked for"  - Puke and it doesn't even sound genuine.

Ryan and Brett are saying all these promising things for the benefit of the camer, but they both act like they're reading from a script and don't feel what they're saying at all.  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jose said he wanted 2 joint accounts, he would take money from both as needed, which sounds to me that he wants to see/control every fu*king penny coming into the household.

That's what I thought I heard too - 2 joint accounts but I thought maybe he just misspoke and really meant one.  I couldn't believe that, I never heard of that.  TWO?  Makes absolutely zero sense to anyone but a control freak who wants to take control over every bit of her money.  It doesn't even make sense then either because what's the purpose of 2 joint accounts if he has the same access to both accounts as he would with one?  My mind boggles.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

First day into the honeymoon and if I was Gil, I'd be walking away from Myrla.

Myrla is bitching about the hotel.  It’s COVID, and the accommodations are scarce.  I didn’t like how she left Gil to go to the pool by himself and be ith the others.  Didn’t he say she was working?  A pain from the start.  Btw, those eyelashes do her no favors.  She’s not as gorgeous as she thinks also.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

So Bao did say that bathing is not a priority. Given that she always looks so clean and neat, that doesn’t compute.

Wasn't that a preview for a future episode? If so, I'm withholding judgement until we see it in context. The editors always make something out of nothing...

• Love 7
(edited)

Unfiltered: Bao, Rachel, Brett and JamieO

JOtis outgrew her beige jacket and got a raspberry cardigan that fit her beefy arms better. Ai yi yi her fugly ill fitting shoes…..your post pregnancy feet won’t fit into those slides, Cinderella…

Brett’s breasts needed their own chair…her gals remind me of a line from Jerry Maguire…paraphrased…

Brett’s breast each weighs 8 pounds.

Is it me or does anyone else think Unfiltered is more interesting than the episodes? Despite JamieO…Getting the see the cast being themselves, laughing at each other.

Season 13’s cast aren’t parroting what production tells them to say about each canned clip but actually are articulate and funny.

Season 12’s Unfiltereds were unwatchable for repetitive content and unlikable cast, except for a few.

Why was Brett matched with Ryan?
Brett, herself  is confused…they have nothing to build a marriage on…so declaring Brett/Ryan as this season’s mismatched socks…

I fear for Rachel because she is the last person in the room to think Jose’ won’t be happy until he is picking out her outfits, isolating her from her friends and family in Pearland, controlling menus and demanding she face can labels in the pantry all one way and leveling hand towels.

Meanwhile, Rachel takes secret swimming lessons at the community center…(shout out if you don’t get the reference).

Bao you are like an onion...of insecurities...An Outback Awesome Blossom Deep Fried Insecurities...

I was hoping you came out of your impoverished childhood with few traumas but as you reveal to Johnny your foibles because you want to trust him, he's using them as reasons to run....

Bao is Johnny's Snorlax, his own personal Pokemon.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

So Michaela is unhappy because Zack wants to protect her from his  COVID?! Dump her, Z.!

If that were me, I would stay the week and enjoy the pool, food, sun.  Leaving him by himself was a little mean.  I would have talked to him through the window here and there.  There are certain times when you have to put your partner first.  He didn’t mean to get COVID.  If it was reverse, I doubt he would have left her there and flew home.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Seriously! Her whole tantrum had a tinge of "Now I can't play with my new toy, err huzzzzband!" 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Seriously! Her whole tantrum had a tinge of "Now I can't play with my new toy, err huzzzzband!" 

That was very selfish and bad on her part.  Shows what kind of person she is.  All for herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Michaela’s argument:

Zach’s peen isn’t sick with Covid…why can’t we both mask up and still enjoy honeyquarantining…it is just a matter of time I come up positive since we smashed multiple times since the wedding.

But it was decided that Michaela be flown back to Houston along with her raging libido.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I can't figure out what her deal is. She's so proud of being persnickety. I'm wonder if she thinks it makes her seem refined or high-class. She's proud of being the picky whiner like Jake was proud of being the 80's guy. 

Two things.  Number one, she grew up poor and thinks pretending to turn her nose up about everything, makes her look rich. Number two, she is really pissed with Pastor Cal for hooking her up with a bald, middle-class, pit-bull owner and is taking it out by being negative about everything.  Everything she is doing is lashing out at Pastor Cal. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Unfiltered: Bao, Rachel, Brett and JamieO

JOtis outgrew her beige jacket and got a raspberry cardigan that fit her beefy arms better. Ai yi yi her fugly ill fitting shoes…..your post pregnancy feet won’t fit into those slides, Cinderella…

Brett’s breasts needed their own chair…her gals remind me of a line from Jerry Maguire…paraphrased…

Brett’s breast each weighs 8 pounds.

Is it me or does anyone else think Unfiltered is more interesting than the episodes? Despite JamieO…Getting the see the cast being themselves, laughing at each other.

Season 13’s cast aren’t parroting what production tells them to say about each canned clip but actually are articulate and funny.

Season 12’s Unfiltereds were unwatchable for repetitive content and unlikable cast, except for a few.

Why was Brett matched with Ryan?
Brett, herself  is confused…they have nothing to build a marriage on…so declaring Brett/Ryan as this season’s mismatched socks…

I fear for Rachel because she is the last person in the room to think Jose’ won’t be happy until he is picking out her outfits, isolating her from her friends and family in Pearland, controlling menus and demanding she face can labels in the pantry all one way and leveling hand towels.

Meanwhile, Rachel takes secret swimming lessons at the community center…(shout out if you don’t get the reference).

Bao….sigh.

Sleeping with the Enemy?

• Love 6

I know y'all aren't Myrla fans, but her convo with Gil about "Spongebob eyelashes" was hilarious. 

Jose's anxiety around masculinity and needing to be perceived as the pinnacle of a traditional husband would be exhausting.

Michaela...you're mad that Zach doesn't want to expose you to COVID? And she spent the rest of the time stamping her foot instead of being concerned for him. Instead of pouting that they can't fuck the rest of the honeymoon (because you know that's why she was moping), I would be glad I didn't get COVID from having sex two days before. And hanging out with the other couples alone or being out on your own isn't "being single," ffs. I don't get why everything devolves into a high school competition between couples.

Bao and Johnny seem to be allowing their fixations and control issues to dominate their lives and sabotage relationships. Depriving yourself of sleep because you're worried what other adults will think of your snoring, presumably in the context of being an adult in charge of children at summer camp, is a worrisome and extreme reaction, as is continuing to break down in tears about it at 35 and allowing it to derail an obvious romantic opportunity for bonding. Same with Johnny's shower freak out next week. It makes me sad and I wish they could let things go.

Jose/Johnny's bromance is cute, haha. 

• Love 7

Jose and Rachael are not a couple of have nothing newlyweds.  They both are established.  The solution to those two is that whatever they came into the marriage is theirs.  They could do a post nup for that one.

Then figure out monthly expenses and divide by two into a joint checking account and sit down and pay bills once a month.

Each would then have the remainder of their own income to use as they want to use it.  IF Rachael would like some help managing hers she'll ask. 

People get so hung up on money.  

45 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

I believe that Myrla’s fake persona of being sophisticated and only suited to the finer things is her way of trying to distract from the fact that she’s fugly 

or she’s just simply a bitch, you pick

I think Myrla's banter is something she thinks cute and sexy and will make Gil want her even more.

It's not worked before and it surely isn't working now.  I'm sure Gil would like to shout 'HELP ME'!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Jose/Johnny's bromance is cute, haha. 

What was with all the shouting between those two in the resort boutique? Inside voices, gentlemen.

The poor sound guy got blown out of his headphones...

Calm down, you two...go blow off some testosterone lifting at the gym....or arm wrestling....

• LOL 2

So the positive thing about Gil and Myrla is that Gil knew right away who she really was and therefore will be able to just enjoy hanging with everyone else and taking advantage of whatever MAFS is willing to pay for or provide. Hopefully he called his family and friends right away to let them know to readjust their expectations.  As for Myrla herself, I think that she may think that the more difficult/sophisicated she appears the more a man will try to win her.  She herself stated that Gil needed to realize how unique and rare she is, so I think she perceives herself in a way that may not match the reality.

I thought Brett looked great in the dress she wore on their date night.  One could still see that she had large breasts, but they weren't the first things one saw when she had that dress on (her eyes and face drew first attention rather than her breasts).  

I think there is way more involved in the Michaela/Zack story than they are showing.  And, I think it was production that made the final decision to send her home.  Like other posters, I would have gotten a separate room, stayed for the duration, and have consistent distance contact with Zack (phone, balcony to balcony, etc.).  Make sure to order meals for him, etc.  They had separate rooms that first night so I don't see why they couldn't have kept that second room.  I would like to know more about the decision-making process.

Jose is just trying way too hard and Rachel needs to clearly state her opinion rather than going on long-winded narratives.  She could even state specifics-i.e. "I'll put 40% of my paycheck into our joint account and 60% into my personal account."  I think she needs to be clear so that there is no room for misunderstanding.  As for the house issue, if they do stay married they may get to the same point Danielle and Bobby did in selling his house and then buying their house.  It's what Virginia wanted Erik to do last season, but most of us saw the writing on the wall and knew their marriage would not get to that point.

I still don't agree with Bao that Johnny ghosted her as we previously saw the texts and he basically wrote 'maybe.'  She is the one who did not follow-up; she invited him, therefore she needed to make the arrangements.  He was the last to make contact, she dropped it after that, but is now trying to stigmatize him with ghosting her.  Oh, and Bao?  If you don't want to be teased about snoring, then maybe stop teasing him about ghosting.

Oh, and I think that production may not like Myrla as during the conversation betweeen Myrla and Gil about the sea-plane, the tags to Myrla's shirt were sticking up (instead of being tucked down under the shirt) and for someone who has to look perfect, it was kind of funny to see that.  I am so over Myrla and her pride in being a toddler who demands her own way at all times.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

People get so hung up on money. 

I think they/we should be hung up about it, it matters. I couldn't be with someone who had a different attitude about money than I did - I'm a saver, I've had to tap into my rainy day fund for emergencies, and being with a guy who didn't save would stress me out too much.  There was one woman on this show a few seasons ago who appeared to view her credit cards as an extension of her income - she was like $15K in credit card debt, her husband was rightfully kind of freaked out about it, and she was like "I mean, I guess I could try to pay it, but I like to travel, so ..." I couldn't be with someone who has that attitude either. Nitpicking every penny isn't the way to go (unless you are living so close to the bone that you have to), but financial issues are one of the main reasons couples split up, so they should all hash all this out.

What is weird about couples on this show is that they tend to operate in extremes without knowing much about the other's finances. They all need to sit down and do a budget - I bring in A, you bring in B, you owe C, I owe D, so our budget for housing is x, for entertainment is y, for saving is z ... and so forth. Rachel said 50/50 immediately, which I get because it's clearly important to her to pull her weight, she said so repeatedly. But she also has debt and it seems like Jose doesn't, so it may be the case that she comes out behind on a 50/50 deal. They all need to sit down and get granular like Brianna and Vincent.

Did Myrla ask Gil to upgrade her ring? Gil, a man she has not kissed yet?

1 minute ago, seacliffsal said:

Oh, and I think that production may not like Myrla as during the conversation betweeen Myrla and Gil about the sea-plane, the tags to Myrla's shirt were sticking up (instead of being tucked down under the shirt) and for someone who has to look perfect, it was kind of funny to see that.  I am so over Myrla and her pride in being a toddler who demands her own way at all times.

I don't think so either - they could easily edit out her rudeness, her "I want what I want when I want it" attitude, but they don't. There was one instance this episode where she said something bitchy and said "Edit that out," and they obviously didn't.

Edited by Empress1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

If a man ever made me a quilt, I would probably cry with joy.

My mother is a lot like Myrla.

If it is not expensive...she does not want it.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

As Mr. Cuero's attorney...

Upgrading the wedding ring is a "lifestyle" choice and as Ms. Feria has stated ad nauseaum  she will pay out of her own designer pocketbook the cost to maintain her "lifestyle" and not expect my client to spend his earnings on her whim.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

Nobody needs to get hung up on money.  Figure it out and revisit it every six months.  It's easy.

I have always managed our money because he has no interest and I'm very good.

I think it was Bobby and what's her name that came into the marriage with her owing and him saving.  They seem to be doing just fine with two darling kids and she's a stay at home mom.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

As for Myrla herself, I think that she may think that the more difficult/sophisicated she appears the more a man will try to win her. 

So, she's doing all her things to attract him and then pushes him away with, "You're a STRANGER! I don't do that with strangers!" And, for the record, I don't think she is pretty. At all. A lot of what makes women pretty is their smiles, and I haven't seen one on her. I didn't think Paige from last season was pretty, but when she smiled, she was. The only one I could say I think is pretty this season is Bao. So far, another season of unlikeable people.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It doesn't even make sense then either because what's the purpose of 2 joint accounts if he has the same access to both accounts as he would with one?  My mind boggles.

That's the evilness of 2 joint accounts...Jose can see every cent she deposits and can move her monies around as he sees fit  "for the  investment in our future" and if he wants... draining it and leaving her "an allowance" which is what she fears...

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

That's the evilness of 2 joint accounts...Jose can see every cent she deposits and can move her monies around as he sees fit  "for the  investment in our future" and if he wants... draining it and leaving her "an allowance" which is what she fears...

That discussion made me cringe for her - not must the money but his assumption she'd move into his house because "he's the man".    DH and I have never had joint accounts and we've been married since 1973.  We are each responsible for certain bills and we make sure they get paid.    

• Love 6

Myrla has to be joking . How is it logical that getting MARRIED to a stranger is completely fine but kissing one is out of the question lol . How does one justify that other than “ I’m not attracted to you ?” 

I think the others are actually pretty likable but Myrla is unbearable . 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

The beach ball substitute for Myrla, complete with big eyelashes, had me in stitches.

That man so far seems to be a catch. Whichever one of you said he'd have his pick of women after this show was right on (at least based on what we've seen so far). 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Gator Stud said:

Two things.  Number one, she grew up poor and thinks pretending to turn her nose up about everything, makes her look rich. Number two, she is really pissed with Pastor Cal for hooking her up with a bald, middle-class, pit-bull owner and is taking it out by being negative about everything.  Everything she is doing is lashing out at Pastor Cal. 

I don't think this is anything new with her, just her normal snooty debbie-downer persona.  Not attractive.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mean Jeanne said:

I believe that Myrla’s fake persona of being sophisticated and only suited to the finer things is her way of trying to distract from the fact that she’s fugly 

or she’s just simply a bitch, you pick

Oh Myrla's got LOTS of class......

Too bad it's all LOWER!!!  🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

No. She told him that the current ring wouldn't do and would need an upgrade.

Nobody needs to get hung up on money.  Figure it out and revisit it every six months.  It's easy.

It's easier if you have enough. A lot of people can't just figure it out and revisit it every six months, especially since the pandemic. In terms of the show, it's good to see the couples discussing money. They haven't onscreen for the last few seasons and as someone else noted, financial strains are one of the most common causes of divorce. 

his assumption she'd move into his house because "he's the man". 

I thought a better argument might be if he owns his house and she rents; then it might make financial sense to move into his house. 

As for Myrla and the plane ride - I almost felt a little sympathy for her. I get terrible motion sickness as well and it usually lasts for awhile after the activity is over. But dude - dramamine works like a charm. She should have run to get some (which I assume she had because wouldn't she have needed it for the plane ride to Florida???) and then gone along with Gil's surprise. What a pill.

• Love 6
(edited)

Rachel knows Jose's ego and whole machismo attitude rests on the old school tradition that he is perceived as the Head of their Household and a good provider, both important to their Mexican culture....

Rachel wants to modify that perception... she works and wants to be an equal partner in contributing to the success of the home and family...that Latin women she knows have always been important in the financial wealth of families but stand silently behind their husband as they take the credit for being a strong HoH because of tradition not reality...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I can't figure out what her deal is. She's so proud of being persnickety. I'm wonder if she thinks it makes her seem refined or high-class. She's proud of being the picky whiner like Jake was proud of being the 80's guy. 

She mentioned that she grew up very poor. I think, as an adult, she is doing the things she thinks that make her classy, not the things that actually make her classy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Myrla is a survivor of a horrific abusive and impoverished childhood.

Welcome to Myrla's World where she sets her standards high but can still laugh at herself.

You have to admire that she knows she is ridiculous sometimes...likening oneself to SpongeBob is self aware.

What motivates her is... to be never be seen as poor.

How she dresses and presents herself to the public is to show that she is doing financially well and can afford the tell tale signs of designer labels like a LV ponchette crossbody.

Myrla would make a perfect second wife of a man who has made his wealth and admires a wife that has pulled herself up out of poverty and can support her with what she needs to feel whole...emotionally and financially.

• Love 5