Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: The Good Ones / S08.E02: The Lake House

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I thought that was very weird as well.  Was Nikolaj older when he adopted him? 

Nikolaj was well past the infant and toddler stage when Boyle adopted him. I think Boyle was trying to talk up his experience with infants and babies, which is why he mentioned neices and newphews and not his son. 

• Love 4
On 8/12/2021 at 9:15 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Amy: Yeah, a natural motherfucker!!!!

I just about died at bleeped-out, blurred-out Amy.

Oh, my goodness, I missed this family so much!

It so happens I've been doing a Scrubs rewatch lately, and the cameo from Johnny C. was a lovely coincidence.

Full disclosure: I also laughed my head off at "Amy was right: Drugs are bad." But then, Stephanie Beatriz's comic timing and delivery usually make me laugh out loud.

• Love 6

I'm glad this show is back for a swan song, and I thought these episodes were good, but I wish they hadn't resorted to stoner humor with Rosa.  Stoner humor went out in the 80s if you ask me, and it was always sort of cheap.

• Love 2
On 8/13/2021 at 8:26 AM, Catfi9ht said:

I also do geocaching and most of those apps allow for local downloads too in the event you're somewhere that doesn't have Internet access.

I geocache too 🙂

• Love 1

I want to see the counseling sessions that save the Raymond-Kevin marriage. I am trying to imagine who could be cast as the therapist, and what in the world that dynamic would be like. 

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 7

The Vulcan scissor.

Boyle's listening noise.

Schemes, stratagems, plans.

Terry loves hedging. Terry hates ledges. Wonder how Terry feels about edging? 😏

Brilliant start to the final season. The timing was perfect.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Loved Holt describing the corn crake using Pantone colors! I’ll have to rewatch with my Pantone deck in hand to see if the writers nailed it or just made something up. 

Please report back! I'm enough of a nerd to want to know, but too lazy to do the research myself.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, possibilities said:

I want to see the counseling sessions that save the Raymond-Kevin marriage. I am trying to imagine who could be cast as the therapist, and what in the world that dynamic would be like. 

Wasn’t Raymond’s ex (Nick offerman) a therapist?

16 hours ago, GussieK said:

I can’t believe this has been on for weeks. It got no buzz!!!

I suddenly saw one episode on tonight. Now I have to go back and rewatch. 

It certainly seemed like NBC was trying to bury it

1 minute ago, DanaK said:

It certainly seemed like NBC was trying to bury it

Oh, my god it's really bad.  I watched a couple of the episodes.  What a mess.  They clearly were trying to bury it.

Because of the anti police sentiment, they had to remake the whole show concept.  They should have just let it die. 

2 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Oh, my god it's really bad.  I watched a couple of the episodes.  What a mess.  They clearly were trying to bury it.

Because of the anti police sentiment, they had to remake the whole show concept.  They should have just let it die. 

Some of these final season episodes are awkward in trying to answer to the anti-police sentiment. But when they aren't doing that, the episodes are their usual funny selves

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Some of these final season episodes are awkward in trying to answer to the anti-police sentiment. But when they aren't doing that, the episodes are their usual funny selves

Thanks for the info.  I'll watch some more.  I will consume slowly. 

Funniest thing in these episodes was high Rosa (and her horror at crashing and finding she was on a car trip with Hitchcock & Scully!). Not surprised Amy was a stressed out mother and just leaving her child undisturbed for a few hours allowed him to sleep.

But overall, kinda meh.