Type keyword(s) to search

Human Resources - General Discussion

• Start Topic

From the minds behind Big Mouth comes an even edgier and adult-ier spinoff about the daily lives of the creatures -- Hormone Monsters, Depression Kitties, Shame Wizards and many more -- that help humans journey through every aspect of life, from puberty to childbirth to the twilight years.

Coming soon to Netflix...

• Love 1

Human Resources     March 18     Netflix    10 episodes   

Human-Resources.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1
Human Resources is an "edgier and adult-ier" version of "Big Mouth". A spin-off of "Big Mouth", Human Resources place the focus on hormone mistresses/monsters, and creatures like Depression Kitties, Shame Wizards and many others, that dish out anxiety, shame, and lustful words of encouragement. They help humans journey through every aspect of life from puberty to childbirth to their twilight years.

human-resources-header.jpg?q=50&fit=crop

1056270-humanresourcesseason1episode5002

Cast
Nick Kroll voices Maury the Hormone Monster
Maya Rudolph voices Connie the Hormone Monstress
Aidy Bryant voices Emmy the Lovebug
Randall Park voices Pete the Logic Rock, filled with a lot of emotion and love and that defies his nature, but he does does everything by the book.
Keke Palmer voices Rochelle the Lovebug
Brandon Kyle Goodman voices Walter the Lovebug
Pamela Adlon voices Sonya the Lovebug
David Thewlis voices The Shame Wizard
Rosie Perez voices Petra the Ambition Gremlin
Henry Winkler voices Keith from Grief
Thandie Newton voices Mona the Hormone Monstress
Jemaine Clement voices Simon Sex
Maria Bamford voices Tito the Anxiety Mosquito
Bobby Cannavale voices Gavin the Hormone Monster
Jean Smart voices Depression Kitty

NEW CREATURES:
· Helen Mirren as renowned Shame Wizard Rita St. Swithens
· Hugh Jackman as Dante the seductive Addiction Angel
· Lupita Nyong'o as Asha the Shame Wizard
· Chris O'Dowd as Flanny the Lovebug
· Harvey Guillen as Jose the Spider Receptionist

NEW HUMANS:
· Ali Wong as Becca
· Janelle Monáe as Claudia
· Mike Birbiglia as Barry
· Tim Robinson as Doug

Human Resources       March 18      Netflix  

Episodes 1-10    Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: Birth
Junior Lovebug Emmy panics when she's assigned her first client: a woman who's about to go into labor. Hormone Monster Maury celebrates a big birthday.

S01.E02: Training Day
After one too many romps in the break room, the Hormone Monsters are sent to sensitivity training. Walter takes Emmy on an eye-opening ride-along.

S01.E03: Bad Mummies
Emmy struggles to help Becca bond with her baby, the Shame Wizard tries to impress his mom, and Connie takes care of Maury's little fellas for a day.

S01.E04: Rutgers is for Lovers
Rochelle and Petra clash over whether client Nadja should pick a college based on love or ambition. Logic Rock Pete learns his office nickname.

S01.E05: Love in the Time of Postpartum
Becca's return to work stirs up confusing emotions, sparking a showdown between her creatures and Barry's. Connie and Maury set Sonya up on a date.

S01.E06: The Addiction Angel
As Pete and Rochelle help Doug prep for his wedding, Addiction Angel Dante throws a wrench in the plans. Joe and Gil steal one of Maury's top clients.

S01.E07: International Creature Convention
Betrayals, romantic declarations and twisted schemes abound at a raucous creature convention in the skies over North Korea.

S01.E08: The Light
While Maury and friends cheer on a cockfight in the back of the bar, Sonya reveals the torrid, star-crossed story behind her firing.

S01.E09: It's Almost Over
As Yara's health declines, Walter and Pete scramble to fend off Keith from Grief. The feud between Emmy and Rochelle boils over at the office.

S01.E10: Shitstorm
A monster hurricane forces Emmy, Rochelle and their clients to take shelter together. Meanwhile, the main office loses power — and its portals to Earth.

This was pretty bad.  I think if the show had come out sooner, things might had been better.  They pushed everything too far and it was a big disappointment. 

There were no memorable jokes or songs.  

When I saw the title of 9 - It's Almost Over - I thought thank God for that.  The ninth episode was the only good episode and then they had to ruin the ending. 

I think these guys can stop anytime now. Big Mouth hasn't been good since season three and it's no better with this show. 

On 3/19/2022 at 2:09 PM, Commando Cody said:

This was pretty bad.  I think if the show had come out sooner, things might had been better.  They pushed everything too far and it was a big disappointment. 

I'm three episodes in and so far this show hasn't really done anything to grab me and make me care what happens. My favourite monster characters are Maury, Connie and I guess Rick and I think they only work in small doses when playing off kids. Emmy is annoying and her main story being about her and a struggling new mom so far hasn't really been a set up for a lot of laughs.

• Love 1

I think my favorite character is the Logic Rock, but... all of the monsters work better as side characters and this show doesn't have a center. The kids in Big Mouth are clearly the center and the monsters are accents. In HR, because they each have a singular interest or quality, none of them are interesting enough to carry a plot by themselves.

• Love 1
On 3/18/2022 at 7:05 PM, LOVEE40 said:

Who is the voice for cat stephens?I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find out who.

Thank you 

A guy who goes by James III.  Here’s his website. I listen to a podcast he co-hosts called Black Men Can’t Jump in Hollywood. Been listening to it for years; the hosts are all actors/comedians and two of them were in a sketch show called Astronomy Club on Netflix (which was cancelled). 

On 4/19/2022 at 12:51 AM, AnimeMania said:

Human Resources has also been renewed for a second season.

I enjoyed this more than most did, I think. I think Rosie Perez as the Ambition Gremlin and Randall Park’s Logic Rock are good additions. I really liked the episode about the high school girl trying to decide between love and ambition - and it was a nice touch that her sister was Natalie, the trans girl from Big Mouth season 4.

Watched episodes 8 and 9 last night and I am really only watching it im case their are plot points that get referenced in Big Mouth next season. I really don't care for any of the Love Bugs, and they are the main characters. And the sad death of someone's grandma and a mentally ill woman falling in love with a love bug don't make for great comedy. The cock fights and Cocky Ball-boa was pretty much the only funny thing in these episodes. And when the funniest bit was Rick's Tony the Tiger song, it's not great.

Human Resources Season 2     June 9, 2023    Netflix

Episodes 1-10   Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S02.E01: The Jizz Mitzvah
AAAABYmQyFbktrOoyQI5O983JaxjFMzCdX9z3nTn
At Montel's coming-of-age ceremony, the young Hormone Monster decides to do things their own way. Lovebug Emmy's new client doesn't believe in love.

S02.E02: The Tell-Tale Dick
AAAABXvndDmKGDy_UgIG8CSamwdMU6Tp5gS9SI85
Gavin's identical twin brother, Guyvin, unsettles Lionel the Shame Wizard. Logic Rock Pete wants to tell Rochelle how he feels. Hope comes for a visit.

S02.E03: Total RePaul
AAAABdBPiUa0weg2C5iZD29wKmR24HFvQep68ByF
Dante's severed appendage haunts Pete. Lovebug Walter takes a widowed client on a couples' trip. Gil and Joe exterminate Emmy's crabs — for a bagel.

S02.E04: A League of Their Hormone
AAAABWs3o1bXx6Li0tn_ymABMmwI076ib_R3uinl
The Shame Wizards play an office softball game against the Hormone Monsters. Emmy oversteps with Sarah — and Van. Rochelle and Pete finally connect.

S02.E05: Rochelle, Rochelle
AAAABX84AUV9YD59Pq2LpbPVUdh0d2N8pz1_aywl
After Pete shares his feelings with Rochelle, Rochelle must decide if she's a Lovebug or a Hate Worm — but her decision may have ripple effects.

S02.E06: Paul Me By Your Name
AAAABR2Cps0x3pjbOCAxTxmq1pHtkp3htIjjNR2S
Walter's boyfriend Simon moves in. Paul feels conflicted about dating after his wife's death. Emmy visits the Memory Bank to dig into Sarah's mom issues.

S02.E07: Tony: The Life of an Office Cold
AAAABe5P8XvSjIvIZus86G09WiyKQP-16C9_LBgh
When a cold spreads around the office, nearly all the employees get sick. But will those infected stay home and stop the spread... or continue working?

S02.E08: Pity Party
AAAABT3aXYl7t2fRXc2-nybQ65yLrygcxDFbZgnB
Ambition Gremlin Petra helps a young client advocate for himself. Lionel throws a party to compete with Mona. Alice attends a dinner party to see Dev.

S02.E09: On the Daughterfront
AAAABVsFIswBkhks56J1lrypvga9NLD6V4hINUZM
Paul asks Sarah to pack up her childhood bedroom, but the old house brings up painful memories. Montel tours potential colleges with their parents. 

S02.E10: Yipee Ki-Hate, Motherf**ker
(Series Finale) 

AAAABes0HPSaM3iqPWGqowWXEiFWywsYO_oSPG2g
At the office holiday party, the Hate Department shows up uninvited. Can Rochelle be the hero her friends need, or will her passion for hate "Die Hard"?

• Like 1