Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Ms Blue Jay

S03: Week 6: August 8, 2021-August 15, 2021

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

They said Bailey was not genuine, and she was really upset about that. To be fair, the way she was all about Korey but accepted Jeremy’s partnership and then suddenly acted like she was all into him also made me question her sincerity, but I’m over it. But I can see people tweeting that the first night or two of switching to Jeremy. So, that leaves Alana the only one with a compliment—and even that was sort of backhanded that everyone was so shocked that the not-size-0 girl was considered to have a “perfect” body…according to one viewer, at least.

Oh, ok, I just remembered the "genuine" part.  So there was only one positive tweet about Alana. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm beginning to like Andre because I liked his comments about liking leftovers after that tweet about Trina.  I don't think he's really into her, but he made her feel relaxed and they both laughed it off.   Unfortunately, I'm liking Trina less due to her conniving with Olivia.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, waving feather said:

did Kyra look disappointed that Will did not ask her to be his girlfriend during their date? She came back, trying to be cheerful with the girls and that she is on the same page as him, but she looked super bummed to me.

Totally bummed... but that's the way she is she instantly caves in to believe whatever her partner tells her. Will says they don't need labels and no labels it is. If Will said, you know we should join the Church of Satan her response would likely be 'Hail Satan!!' *makes devil horns*

The shadow of Cash still lingers over the house and I'd bet her campaigning for Olivia will have a major effect, as will her trying to torpedo Charlie's chances. Which sucks, in both ways. I'd love to see Alana win but she's cursed by Cash's influence.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm getting tired of Will and Kyra and their "drama."  I think they've blown their chances for the money. 

Andre's daughter is adorable.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Oh no! In the opening sequence to tonight's show, during the opening song, they show kyra and will in bed, with their hands up by their faces. Kyra clearly has multiple healed horizontal scars on her wrist/arm. Now I'm sad for her :(

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

So Olivia would not say that Korey is 'the one' to her mom. Hmmmm.

What all happened with Kyra and her family? I was watching but my mom kept talking so I couldn't hear but what I gathered was they almost refused to be on and I assume it was because they disapprove of Will and what he did? Seems like they were not happy with him and were sad for Kyra....maybe? And she went in corner to cry alone because maybe she is now rethinking her relationship with Will??

Personally I do think he downplayed Casa Amore to Kyra. He was hot and heavy with that other girl and seemed to be seeking the guys' advice or approval to choose new girl over Kyra. I really thought he would pick new girl and thought he should have because he just doesn't seem to be into Kyra and seemed to be super into the other girl. Kyra seems way too clingy, needy, romanticized, stepford wife (too agreeable and ass kissing to him...perfect little girlfriend)...etc...for Will's taste. 

Any other interesting family tidbits I missed?

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Andre has completely won me over. I adore him. I want him, Charlie and Alana to win. I know that's not a possibility but that's what I want. 

The past couple episodes something about the way Kyra and Will sit together really bothered me. I couldn't put my finger on it until tonight. The way he touches her appears very possessive and almost controlling. Kyra's mom and sister clearly convinced Dad to support Kyra and it was taking major self control for him to do so. I agree Will told her what happened but I fear for Kyra when she sees it because that will be difficult. I do think he downplayed the kissing in bed, though. And he did seem to be considering choosing Flo

 

Korey and Olivia's chats with their parents were really awkward!

Edited by Court
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Court said:

Korey and Olivia's chats with their parents were really awkward!

Korey and Olivia's chats with EACH OTHER are really awkward!

My husband thinks they're just awkward people, but actually into each other. I just can't decide. I like Korey, but find Olivia bugs the shit out of me. Her interest in men seems to be random and fleeting. She would have happily gone with Andre had Korey not picked her first. She pretty much said as much prior to the recoupling. 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Lamima said:

So Olivia would not say that Korey is 'the one' to her mom. Hmmmm.

What all happened with Kyra and her family? I was watching but my mom kept talking so I couldn't hear but what I gathered was they almost refused to be on and I assume it was because they disapprove of Will and what he did? Seems like they were not happy with him and were sad for Kyra....maybe? And she went in corner to cry alone because maybe she is now rethinking her relationship with Will??

Personally I do think he downplayed Casa Amore to Kyra. He was hot and heavy with that other girl and seemed to be seeking the guys' advice or approval to choose new girl over Kyra. I really thought he would pick new girl and thought he should have because he just doesn't seem to be into Kyra and seemed to be super into the other girl. Kyra seems way too clingy, needy, romanticized, stepford wife (too agreeable and ass kissing to him...perfect little girlfriend)...etc...for Will's taste. 

Any other interesting family tidbits I missed?

Kyra’s family was very polite to Will and acted happy for them, which is why he went back to the guys beaming about how well it went. But after he left, Kyra was telling her family you know how I go all in and end up getting hurt and emotional—and basically told them to tell her she was making another bad choice in men. In response to Kyra saying she puts in her heart 100%, her dad said, “What’s Will? 50/50? 70/30?” And that is what made her go in the corner and cry.

8 hours ago, Court said:

Andre has completely won me over. I adore him. I want him, Charlie and Alana to win. I know that's not a possibility but that's what I want. 

The past couple episodes something about the way Kyra and Will sit together really bothered me. I couldn't put my finger on it until tonight. The way he touches her appears very possessive and almost controlling. Kyra's mom and sister clearly convinced Dad to support Kyra and it was taking major self control for him to do so. I agree Will told her what happened but I fear for Kyra when she sees it because that will be difficult. I do think he downplayed the kissing in bed, though. And he did seem to be considering choosing Flo

 

Korey and Olivia's chats with their parents were really awkward!

Funny. I was always put off by the way Kyra and Will sit together, too. But I think I noticed her more than him. She’s always leaning far in or laying back but always with her face up beaming towards his, or just wrapping herself around him like a snake. He’s almost like puts a hand on her leg to hold her back or something. But, yeah, they’ve always had this odd body language that does read that she’s 100 and he’s more like 30/70.

But, boy, it was kind of rude that the whole gang was watching Kyra and Will from the balcony and commenting like those two old Muppets, Waldorf and Statler (or whatever their names are). Jeez, they are overly invested in the takedown of their relationship. Just give them some privacy, and you know Kyra will tell you that everything. Meanwhile, the girl is crying in a corner and none of her friends come running to comfort her? I don’t think any of them really care about Kyra as a friend. She always seemed like the odd girl out. They’d “let” her participate in the girl chats, like that one time Cash told her, “You can come, too” when she and Olivia were going outside. I mean, I guess all of the other girls bonded over their boy troubles, and Kyra just leached into Will so nothing to contribute to “girl talk.” Now that everyone else is “happily coupled up,” they’re trying to make it seem like Kyra is the one with the boy problems and finally she’s part of the girl gang for that reason only.

As for Olivia, I think she really does care about Korey. Her mom was really putting her on the spot, “You came her for a husband! Is Korey the one?!” Jeez, I’m not sure whether they’ve even discussed making a relationship work outside the villa, so she’s not exactly going to pretend to be engaged! Of course she needs to step back and say he’s everything I’m looking for—without yet announcing “he’s the one” (I’m going to marry).

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

 

As for Olivia, I think she really does care about Korey. Her mom was really putting her on the spot, “You came her for a husband! Is Korey the one?!” Jeez, I’m not sure whether they’ve even discussed making a relationship work outside the villa, so she’s not exactly going to pretend to be engaged! Of course she needs to step back and say he’s everything I’m looking for—without yet announcing “he’s the one” (I’m going to marry).

To me the 'he's everything I'm looking for' means that on paper he is a perfect match BUT....

 

As far as your take on Kyra and Will's body language and Kyra's relationship with all the ladies...I totally agree. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Jeremy: "Great, I get to meet her parents looking like a porn star." If this show were going to be on for two more weeks, Jeremy would probably win me over completely. He's definitely not a "right reasons" guy, but he certainly made the most of his time out there. Six weeks in Hawaii, five girls. lots of mirror time. I still sometimes hate him, but every once in a while, I can see why everyone keeps saving him. His mom seems fun too.

None of the dads seemed all that excited to be there or to meet the guys. Olivia's mom didn't seem all that pleased either. Everyone else was suitably cheerful and polite. Andre's daughter is adorable and Kyra's sister is really cute. Bailey's mom looks about 25. Korey's mom and grandma were like two twins born 30 years apart.

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

But, boy, it was kind of rude that the whole gang was watching Kyra and Will from the balcony and commenting like those two old Muppets, Waldorf and Statler (or whatever their names are). Jeez, they are overly invested in the takedown of their relationship. Just give them some privacy, and you know Kyra will tell you that everything. Meanwhile, the girl is crying in a corner and none of her friends come running to comfort her? I don’t think any of them really care about Kyra as a friend.

I finally went back and watched that IG Live I posted above, and it's obvious that there's a lot of animosity toward Kyra and a group effort to take her down, not just from the other contestants but also from some of the production staff. Cash and Javonny were saying Kyra researched everyone who was going to be on the show and also the villa beforehand (they had no other details of how she could even get that info, they just stated it) and then Aimee said her chaperone at the villa took Kyra's phone and let Aimee go through it. Aimee thought the big news there was that Aimee saw that Will had liked some of Kyra's IG posts, but I think the big news is that Aimee's chaperone at the villa took Kyra's phone and let Aimee go through it. Jeez, how is that okay? The takeaways from Aimee's story are that they do have access to their SM during the game, they each have chaperones, and that these people have the maturity of middle-schoolers. On the one hand they're attacking Will and Kyra for allegedly knowing each other and being in a relationship before the game; on the other, they're saying that Will is just playing her in the villa and isn't interested in having a relationship. A lot of gross mean girl stuff happening and Kyra is the target.

12 hours ago, ctmd said:

Oh no! In the opening sequence to tonight's show, during the opening song, they show kyra and will in bed, with their hands up by their faces. Kyra clearly has multiple healed horizontal scars on her wrist/arm. Now I'm sad for her :(

I Zaprudered that after I saw your post, and that's actually Will's wrist that's visible. They're kind of tangled up, but if you look at the way they're lying and the way the thumbs are pointing, it can't possibly be Kyra's hand because it would mean she has a right hand on her left side. And this is more of a judgment call, but I don't see any scars, just the crease where the wrist and hand meet and lower down a somewhat prominent vein.

Tonight should be a drama-fest, and then the finale will be boring AF. At this point, I'd like to see Charlie and Alana win it, or Andre and Trina but only if Andre keeps the whole 100K.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Like 7
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I want Trina and Andre to win as a friend couple? Even though it's obvious he's just politely running out the clock like Calvin with Moira. I'm disappointed he's not into her, as that potential was the only point of intrigue left for me.

1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Jeremy: "Great, I get to meet her parents looking like a porn star." If this show were going to be on for two more weeks, Jeremy would probably win me over completely. He's definitely not a "right reasons" guy, but he certainly made the most of his time out there. Six weeks in Hawaii, five girls. lots of mirror time. I still sometimes hate him, but every once in a while, I can see why everyone keeps saving him.

I will begrudgingly admit that Jeremy is funny. I still cringe thinking about Florita watching him with Bailey, given that she seemed determined to wait for him on the outside. That lasted about two days!

I'm always bored with Kyra/Will, but especially their drama. This last week is really a fart in the wind.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I Zaprudered that after I saw your post, and that's actually Will's wrist that's visible. They're kind of tangled up, but if you look at the way they're lying and the way the thumbs are pointing, it can't possibly be Kyra's hand because it would mean she has a right hand on her left side. And this is more of a judgment call, but I don't see any scars, just the crease where the wrist and hand meet and lower down a somewhat prominent vein.

now i'm going to have to watch again, but I paused and stared at my bigscreen for a while. I thought it was Will with the cuts at first. But the scene is her face on left, his hand/wrist, her arm (her hand and fingernails above), then his face. It's clearly the arm next to his face (her arm) that has light horizontal lines against darker skin, which is how scars from cutting often look on non-white people.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, ctmd said:

now i'm going to have to watch again, but I paused and stared at my bigscreen for a while. I thought it was Will with the cuts at first. But the scene is her face on left, his hand/wrist, her arm (her hand and fingernails above), then his face. It's clearly the arm next to his face (her arm) that has light horizontal lines against darker skin, which is how scars from cutting often look on non-white people.

Oh, okay, now I see what you're talking about. I thought in your original post, you were suggesting those are scars from a suicide attempt, which is why I was looking at the wrist that was turned up. Yeah, I do see those faint white lines on the back of Kyra's arm.

Share this post


Link to post

sadly, those kinds of cuts are from what we call "non-suicidal self injury." People do this as an unhealthy means of dealing with stress, depression, anxiety, etc. It's sad and makes me wonder what's up. On the other hand, I could definitely be wrong, as there are other things that can cause scarring. Heck, I burn myself all the time from cooking, and have some big long scars on my arms. Hers just fit the pattern, and her emotional vs closed off vs "I've been hurt before by relationships" behaviors fit the profile of someone who cuts as a means of managing their emotions :(

 

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I finally went back and watched that IG Live I posted above, and it's obvious that there's a lot of animosity toward Kyra and a group effort to take her down, not just from the other contestants but also from some of the production staff. Cash and Javonny were saying Kyra researched everyone who was going to be on the show and also the villa beforehand (they had no other details of how she could even get that info, they just stated it) and then Aimee said her chaperone at the villa took Kyra's phone and let Aimee go through it. Aimee thought the big news there was that Aimee saw that Will had liked some of Kyra's IG posts, but I think the big news is that Aimee's chaperone at the villa took Kyra's phone and let Aimee go through it. Jeez, how is that okay? The takeaways from Aimee's story are that they do have access to their SM during the game, they each have chaperones, and that these people have the maturity of middle-schoolers. On the one hand they're attacking Will and Kyra for allegedly knowing each other and being in a relationship before the game; on the other, they're saying that Will is just playing her in the villa and isn't interested in having a relationship. A lot of gross mean girl stuff happening and Kyra is the target.

Wow! Holy shit at all this.  Nice recon @fishcakes.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Tonight should be a drama-fest, and then the finale will be boring AF. At this point, I'd like to see Charlie and Alana win it, or Andre and Trina but only if Andre keeps the whole 100K.

I would love it if that happened.

I swear Trina looks like she rose from the grave with that makeup.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I would love it if that happened.

I swear Trina looks like she rose from the grave with that makeup.

I don't even wear makeup and I know her foundation is several shades lighter than it should be!

I was afraid Olivia/Korey were going to vote for Alana/Charlie. It's not about who you want to leave, ding dongs. 

I'm sad to see Andre go but it's far past time for Trina to leave. 

I voted for Alana/Charlie even though I think Olivia/Korey will win. 

I legitimately fear for Kyra's mental health when her and Will inevitably don't work out. 

Edited by Court
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I could stomach only voting for Charlie and Alana out of those left. Jeremy should have been gone and probably would have if the public ever got final say; Will and Kyra’s drama (whether internal or external) keeps me from them; and Olivia and Korey just feel like too little, too late. Whatever, the producers will let Jeremy win somehow, so I am not too invested. Although if the unsubstantiated rumors are true that his father works at CBS, that would be shady as anything. 

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Lamima said:

To me the 'he's everything I'm looking for' means that on paper he is a perfect match BUT....

Yes, maybe in a 'package' that has less percentage of tattoo coverage and knows when to shave because their facial hair is distracting?

Quote

Court: I legitimately fear for Kyra's mental health when her and Will inevitably don't work out. 

Yeah, and the cutting thing with Kyra really put things in perspective with me. Add her near totally crumpling into a corner where nobody could see her after her dad's comment and it adds up to someone who doesn't know how to handle stressful situations (and is thereby horrible for a show like this but whatever). She doesn't have good coping skills.

Cutting has become a major concern in our current youth population. My sister teaches and there was an epidemic of it in their 6th grade last year (when there was attended classes). Girl were making 'cutting kits' and carrying them around with them at school. In SIXTH grade. I've witnessed 10x worse than Kyra's scars, but it's not a good sign as having more than initial scars show it's not a one time thing.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

I voted for Korey and Olivia. I feel like they’re actually going to try to give it a shot in the real world. Are they “a love story for the ages”? No. But Olivia keeps telling us she’s 29 and ready to get married, and I think there’s a higher probability that she’s going to convince Korey to marry her. Will and Kyra are on seriously shaky ground, and it seems like she’s barely hanging on trying not to rock the boat before the finale. I can’t see them lasting more than a few months. Charlie and Alana would be the “friendship” couple that I would vote for because I like them both individually, but they don’t seem like they’re going to try to maintain a relationship after the show—at all. Jeremy and Bailey might say they’ll try, but I also think won’t continue after the show; they would be bottom of my list for voting. Trina and Andre were the right couple to vote out, though. They’re not even pretending to be in a couple during the duration of the show—yet, somehow when they met the parents Trina was acting like they were a couple and might meet each other’s family in the real world? No, you will not! I also think the show is pushing for Olivia and Korey! During the voting, they had a couple of the others say that they’re the strongest couple, so if the others in the house think they’re really in love… The show has also really turned up the doubts about Kyra and Will—practically tanking their chances! It’s going to be Korey and Olivia maybe even in a landslide as big as Caleb and Justine’s last year (though I don’t adore K&O as a couple as much as I did C&J).

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

This show should not involve parents.  The reality is that it is a dating show, and noone will get married.  It is awkward to have the parents say they are watching and proud of their kids.  What -- for walking around half naked on TV?  Kissing and making out in public?  lol.  It really makes no sense.  

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

Although if the unsubstantiated rumors are true that his father works at CBS, that would be shady as anything. 

I saw that mentioned on a website called meaww.com and I took it as a joke from people who were frustrated that he wasn't voted off.  

I'm prepared to be disappointed that Korey and Olivia will win.  I'll be elated if it's another couple. 

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Well, that was bullshit. Producers essentially made the cast vote on "compatibility" to ensure that Trina and Andre wouldn't win as a friendship couple. But stone-faced Charlie and Alana are the picture of romantic potential. Yeah.

Andre really shot himself in the foot by explicitly friendzoning Trina at every opportunity. If he had been smart, he would've kissed her for a week, won the money, and walked away. He didn't even try. If Caleb could scam his way to 50k by pretending to fall in love with Justine all season while having a girlfriend at home, Andre could pretend to be into Trina for two weeks. He robbed her of her well-deserved cut too, imo. Also Olivia for voting against Trina instead of Charlie.

In the ultimate Irony, Twitter is now campaigning for people to vote Jeremy/Bailey to punish everyone else for choosing to keep him there the whole time, lol. That and they're also determined to prevent Will/Kyra from winning.

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Well, that was bullshit. Producers essentially made the cast vote on "compatibility" to ensure that Trina and Andre wouldn't win as a friendship couple. But stone-faced Charlie and Alana are the picture of romantic potential. Yeah.

Andre really shot himself in the foot by explicitly friendzoning Trina at every opportunity. If he had been smart, he would've kissed her for a week, won the money, and walked away. He didn't even try. If Caleb could scam his way to 50k by pretending to fall in love with Justine all season while having a girlfriend at home, Andre could pretend to be into Trina for two weeks. He robbed her of her well-deserved cut too, imo. Also Olivia for voting against Trina instead of Charlie.

In the ultimate Irony, Twitter is now campaigning for people to vote Jeremy/Bailey to punish everyone else for choosing to keep him there the whole time, lol. That and they're also determined to prevent Will/Kyra from winning.

Caleb had a girlfriend? I thought he and Justine dated for a long time after the show?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

Caleb had a girlfriend? I thought he and Justine dated for a long time after the show?

They did! According to social media (so large grain of salt), he had a girlfriend the whole time he was on the show , presumably a big factor in their eventual breakup.

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

For some reason, I was thinking last night was the penultimate episode and then Sunday was the finale, so my heart sank when Matthew said, "on tomorrow's show ..." I remember when I used to love this show, but that was ages ago, in July.

Watching them gag in the pheromone challenge made me gag. Even thinking about it now makes me gag a little.

I'm surprised Olivia and Trina didn't try to eliminate Kyra and Will, you know, quote for Kyra's sake unquote, but I guess getting shots of every other couple talking about how Korey and Olivia will be the greatest love of all time will get the same result. At least Trina's finally gone. I'm sorry to lose Andre though.

I also feel bad for Charlie and Alana, only because they have no chance and that's pretty much on the show. They've said they're attracted to each other, and they were probably affectionate at some point, but we never saw it. Have we ever seen them kiss or even put their arms around each other? They've barely had any airtime since they became a couple. They might be a real couple or they might just be friends, but there's no way of knowing since they were just props in the Tragic Saga of How Cash Was Betrayed.

3 hours ago, alexa said:

This show should not involve parents.  The reality is that it is a dating show, and noone will get married.  It is awkward to have the parents say they are watching and proud of their kids.  What -- for walking around half naked on TV?  Kissing and making out in public?  lol.  It really makes no sense.  

I cringed last year when the parent visit was a day or two after Justine and Caleb had sex in the Hideaway. Justine was worried about her mom's reaction but then her mom gushed about how proud she was. Uh, okay. At least Korey's mom mentioned that she could have done without knowing Korey had slept with 29 women. He looked utterly confused by that and asked her how she knew, so evidently he doesn't know how television works.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I liked Andre but I'm glad Trina got voted off because I didn't like that she was in cahoots with Olivia to weaken the Kyra/Will relationship.  And then Olivia was one of the ones to vote her off. 

Karma is a bitch, huh, Trina?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I stopped watching this a couple weeks ago and it looks like somehow things have only gotten worse. It’s a shame, the original UK version was so entertaining, different, and fresh and pretty much every adaption outside of CBS’ is great. Whatever CBS/Paramount thinks is interesting clearly isn’t working. Don’t have high hopes for future seasons. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Based purely on the trends and mentions on Twitter, the race is between Bailey/Jeremy and Olivia/Korey.

While none have made it past a few months on the US version, several are married from the UK, so that isn’t unheard of. And one friendship couple has won on UK, so it’s not impossible. Trina and Andre being announced safe first the last time the public voted spelled their doom. I think Will and Kyra are less compatible because they are at different levels of commitment. And I am not sure that it can be resolved easily. Like 10 for Kyra and 3 for Will. I feel Olivia and Korey are like at 5-7 each, so pretty close. Bailey and Jeremy probably around 2 each. Charlie and Alana, who the heck knows! 

I am so disappointed with how this season has gone, starting with so much hope and excitement! Now it’s a slog. I firmly blame the strategic voting off by the Islanders for that, while not letting the public feel they have a say at all. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I like Will and Kyra. Am I the only one? 

I think Olivia and Korey are good friends. Not couple material. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Kyra knows in her gut how she feels about Will and where the feeling of unease is coming from, but whenever she tries to have a conversation with Will about it, instead of him reassuring her, it is always her making him feel better because he is sulky about it. Pretty sure that is going to be their relationship dynamic even if they date outside of the villa. Whenever she brings up an issue she has, he will probably make it about his feelings and she will end up comforting him. I'm not for it, but it appears Kyra doesn't mind doing it because she keeps doing it.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Watching them gag in the pheromone challenge made me gag. Even thinking about it now makes me gag a little.

I could have done without the gagging segments as well, the whole think was really gross.

19 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Pretty sure that is going to be their relationship dynamic even if they date outside of the villa. Whenever she brings up an issue she has, he will probably make it about his feelings and she will end up comforting him

He doesn't really discuss anything he just dictates to her how things are/will be with a big smile on his face or that hurt puppy dog look and whatever he says goes. He could say they should be like a RL Romeo and Juliet and she'd be all 'Yay, Poison!'

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I liked Will and Kyra, but she's the one who just continues to make a big fuss about what happened in Casa Amore with Will and Flo because she keeps being duped by the witches' coven whose sole purpose is to break them up.  I understand Will being frustrated with constantly trying to explain himself.  There comes a time when there's nothing more you can say to someone who is so easily swayed by listening to someone else, instead of seeing and hearing for yourself.  I like Will but Kyra is getting on my nerves with her whining and crying, and I think she was too immature to even be chosen to be on this show.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I liked Will and Kyra, but she's the one who just continues to make a big fuss about what happened in Casa Amore with Will and Flo because she keeps being duped by the witches' coven whose sole purpose is to break them up.  I understand Will being frustrated with constantly trying to explain himself.  There comes a time when there's nothing more you can say to someone who is so easily swayed by listening to someone else, instead of seeing and hearing for yourself.  I like Will but Kyra is getting on my nerves with her whining and crying, and I think she was too immature to even be chosen to be on this show.  

I really got unpleasant vibes from her dad and I suspect he is part of the reason she is less able to stand on her own. He really struck me as the lead in the house and maybe a bit overly restrictive and strict. I think that's why Kyra is so easily manipulated by the other girls, because she hasn't had an opportunity to form her own opinions. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I actually disagree that Kyra is somehow intimidated or influenced by the other girls to feel a certain way about Will. I have seen her speak out against them (in the nice Kyra way) telling them to cool it with going hard against Will or telling Shannon on the spot that she was out of line for yelling at her little sis' best friend that one time. The only person I feel she is submissive towards is Will, IMO. I just don't get good vibes from Will, especially the way he makes everything about him and his feelings. And Kyra was visibly disappointed when Will didn't ask her to be his girlfriend during their date. That had nothing much to do with the other girls trying to sabotage their relationship. That is all him/them. They are not on the same page with the labels.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

If she is "submissive" towards Will, that's even further proof that she's too young and fragile to be on this show.  I'm just tired of seeing her whining.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I like Will and Kyra. Am I the only one?

I neither like nor dislike them, individually and as a couple. But I think they've been treated the worst by the other players and by the show. It's really the other women, specifically Olivia, Trina, and maybe Shannon, though she was more reactive than anything else, who have been trying to sow discord and make her doubt Will. What Will did at Casa Amor is nothing compared to her supposed friends continuing to bring it up and harp on it long after Will confessed -- which he did within minutes of CA ending -- and Kyra forgave him. Even last night, Trina tried to bring it up again with Will and he got impatient with her, so she said she wasn't manipulating anyone, buuuutttt since he hadn't accused her of that, it was pretty telling that she immediately denied it.

I do feel Will has been honest with Kyra and I don't see that he is so much less interested in commitment than she is. Usually one person is more into it than the other person and maybe Kyra does want more than he does, but I don't see the huge disparity in their feelings that everyone else sees. When he was talking to his family, before Kyra joined them, he told them he wanted to bring Kyra to Colombia to visit them. He could have been saying that for the benefit of the audience and a bid for votes, but if so, it wasn't nearly as obvious or as obnoxious as Olivia repeatedly having pointedly self-serving conversations with other people about why she and Korey are stronger than Will and Kyra.

I see Kyra as emotionally immature and somewhat fragile, but not dangerously so. The cutting, if it happened, is concerning, but if she's past that, then everyone needs to let her be past it. But if she is somewhat damaged, for lack of a better word, this would explain why she's been the target of the mean girls, who've excluded her in the past and now pretend to be her friends so that they can shit-talk Will and make her doubt herself (and in Cash and Aimee's case once they were out of the villa, talk shit about Kyra herself). Bullies sniff out weakness in a person and pounce on it and there's also a snowball effect where even decent people who are around that kind of dynamic join in the pile-on. (I know the word "bully" is overused, but it applies here. Kyra asked them to stop talking to her about CA and they won't even though they see how much it hurts her.) When Olivia and Trina cornered Kyra in the dressing room the other night, Bailey stumbled on that and was making general remarks but didn't seem to be trying to hurt Kyra the way the other two were. Alana saw it and walked out, seeming kind of disgusted by the whole thing. But within a couple of days, you see all four women up on the balcony, spying and commenting on Kyra's conversation with her family and then not going to her when she was crying around the corner. Imagine if they had all talked to Trina about Cinco the way that they talk to Kyra about Will; they would have had to take Trina out of there in a straitjacket.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I agree @fishcakes  The others are definitely harping on and on and on to Kyra. It's getting old. 

I think Will looks at her with adoration in his eyes. His body language seems like he really likes her too. 

On another note:

I think Olivia is gorgeous, but the screechy ewww, all the time is kind of silly for a 29 year old woman. 

I must admit, Jeremy has grown on me! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

I think Olivia is gorgeous, but the screechy ewww, all the time is kind of silly for a 29 year old woman. 

I think she hung around Cash too long.

36 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

I must admit, Jeremy has grown on me! 

I love Jeremy's low key humor. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Olivia and Korey reeeeaaaally laying it on thick on their "date." 🙄

Jeremy and Bailey looked hawt at that pool.

The Jeremy/Korey punk'd bro date is hilarious!  

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Can we vote for Korey and Jeremy? That was the cutest! Best friends 4-eva! 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

You can definitely tell who the show thinks will win based on the money spent on these dates! A yacht and a helicopter!!! And two corners of a resort with resort entertainers. At least Jeremy and Bailey got sushi. That was the only actual meal we’ve ever seen on a date aside from when the guys were forced to cook for the 3 new girls.  Charlie and Alana got the bargain date.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I could have done without the gagging segments as well, the whole think was really gross.

He doesn't really discuss anything he just dictates to her how things are/will be with a big smile on his face or that hurt puppy dog look and whatever he says goes. He could say they should be like a RL Romeo and Juliet and she'd be all 'Yay, Poison!'

Yes! She is submissive and just goes along with it. It really bothers me and I get a lot of red flags. I watched her body language because of a comment last night and they are right! Kyra drapes herself on him and his is possessive. All they do is make out. I think Will solely asked her to be his girlfriend to get votes. 

5 hours ago, waving feather said:

I actually disagree that Kyra is somehow intimidated or influenced by the other girls to feel a certain way about Will. I have seen her speak out against them (in the nice Kyra way) telling them to cool it with going hard against Will or telling Shannon on the spot that she was out of line for yelling at her little sis' best friend that one time. The only person I feel she is submissive towards is Will, IMO. I just don't get good vibes from Will, especially the way he makes everything about him and his feelings. And Kyra was visibly disappointed when Will didn't ask her to be his girlfriend during their date. That had nothing much to do with the other girls trying to sabotage their relationship. That is all him/them. They are not on the same page with the labels.

I agree completely. 

Korey and Jeremy's date was hilarious. Charlie was fun too during it. Show, show us more of that! Alana mentioned Charlie dancing on tables. Why didn't we get to see that???

Charlie and Alana get my vote but it's coming down to Korey/Olivia or Will/Kyra.

Jeremy has grown on me too between his porn star comment and his comment about America, I thought you finally liked me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, though, Alana and Charlie's date was sweet. I would love that one. Magical. Liked Jeremy and Bailey's too. Guess I am a cheap date.

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Will gives me the skeezies.  The fact is, he did downplay what happened on Casa Amor. Corey may not think so, but some of the other guys that are now gone, did act like they knew.  Will blames Flo and puts it all on her, while he did freely participate.  It annoys me how defensive he gets when the other women discuss it with him.  He will not fully commit to Kyra, and he almost shows her too much PDA and attention, overcompensating , always smooching on her.   'we dunt have to put labels on tings, you kno?" lol 

If the other girls sense his BS, I am glad they are calling him out.  I think he is in it for the money, not sure he has a real job in real life.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Will thinks he’s so smooth. He thinks he’s pulling the wool over our eyes, but he’s not.  I agree with Kyras father. I don’t trust him. His body language, pauses, timing cues all scream deception. He doesn’t fool me and I hope he doesn’t fool America.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size