Type keyword(s) to search

Astrid & Lilly Save The World - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/10/2022 at 12:39 AM, AnimeMania said:

How can you have a High School kids kissing booth when most of the people at the fair are parents?

It looked like most of the people at the fair, and everyone in the Kissing Booth line, were kids. Lots of couples making out in the background, too, and aside from Candance's mom and Tate's dad they were all kids.

I loved how casually bi this episode was.

His name was spelled Trystan because that's even cooler than Tristan. Plus, it's a play on tryst, though I don't know if that was intentional. The wind gently tussling his hair was a nice touch and totally telegraphed that he was the monster. I think he was attracting most everyone regardless of ordinary preference with the notable exceptions of Eggs, because he's Eggs, and Tate, who's too into himself.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cranberry said:

This is so great. I love Breakfast Club episodes. Every teen show seems to do one at some point and I never get sick of them.

I wonder what it means that they didn't include Candace in the picture, she is also there.

16 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I wonder what it means that they didn't include Candace in the picture, she is also there.

13 hours ago, Cranberry said:

She's there in the Molly Ringwald position; you just have to go to the tweet to see the full picture.

"Don't you forget about me................"

Astrid and Lilly Save The World     S01.E08: Hair

Lilly's nightmare monster comes to life during detention - but is fighting with Astrid even scarier?

Original Airdate: Wednesday, March 16 at 10pm on SYFY.

Samantha Aucoin as Lilly

lilly-mad-at-astrid-astrid-and-lilly-sav
Jana Morrison as Astrid
Spencer MacPherson as Sparrow
NUP_196686_00251.thumb.JPG.379d25be20f689a71b60b38e135f6db8.JPG
Julia Doyle as Candace Powell

candace-in-detention-astrid-and-lilly-sa
Kolton Stewart as Tate
Michael McCreary as Eggs Walczak
NUP_196686_00076.thumb.JPG.b9ffbc616c1024ea2d2db361b48d884a.JPG
Megan Hutchings as Michelle Knight

michelle-detention-proctor-astrid-and-li

I loved that. The whole gang knows about monsters now! It's great. Loved that Sparrow thought "dating Buffy" was awesome and Candace wasn't terribly shocked, which tracks. Eggs was so much fun in this episode, too. Now with Sparrow kidnapped and Candace aware that actual supernatural shit is going down (and therefore more likely to notice what's up with her mom), I'm expecting some big Scooby Gang teamwork in the next couple episodes. Next week's has

Spoiler

doppelgangers attacking on the day of the school play,

which should be a blast.

Lilly and Candace's cafeteria flirting was adorable (and I laughed at Lilly's dismissive, "Yeah that was magical" when she was trying to hurry Candace along after spotting the monster), but Tate outing them and Candace admitting she's ashamed of her attraction to Lilly, not so much. I have a feeling they'll work it out, though. I liked that Tate already knew Candace was fluid and was only pissed off because he thought she was cheating and lying, and that Astrid called him out for outing people even though she was mad at Lilly and can't stand Candace.

Really looking forward to the next two. I don't expect a second season because it's SyFy and the ratings are bad, but more people are starting to notice the show, so I'm hoping.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Really looking forward to the next two. I don't expect a second season because it's SyFy and the ratings are bad, but more people are starting to notice the show, so I'm hoping.

I feel the same. Originally, I only had this on because it was after Resident Alien and killed time before The Daily Show. Only half-watched. I think it's gotten better over the season and now I really enjoy it! I do hope it gets renewed, I want to see more episodes with the Buffy/Scooby Gang and Brutus! Shame there's only 2 more eps to keep it going.

• Love 2

Yeah, I need to hear why Candace is ashamed of Lilly, I think. I can cut her a tiny bit of slack because all this happened the day after they first kissed, so she's barely had time to consider what actually dating Lilly would be like. She also seems quite insecure.

• Love 3

You know, it's kinda funny that Tate knew from about two seconds of observing Candace and Lilly together that something was going on; he was suspicious enough to follow them to the cafeteria. He had the benefit of already knowing Candace is into girls too, but still. Astrid may not have known until the previous night that Lilly had a crush, but the object of that crush should have been obvious. 

• Love 1

Astrid and Lilly Save The World                S01.E09: Doppelkopfel

It's double trouble when a doppelganger monster arrives on the day of the school play.

Original Airdate: Wednesday, March 23 at 10pm on SYFY.
NUP_196687_00092.jpg
NUP_196687_00041.jpg

I can't believe they actually went ahead with Romeo and Juliet Down Under! I would have been right there with Lilly's little sister enjoying every moment of that shitshow.

That joke about Lilly's moms both having exes named Libby who turned out to be the same person was great. 

Candace and Lilly getting together so quickly is a bit of a stretch, but they're cute and I wanted closure in case this doesn't get renewed, so I don't mind. I liked that Lilly didn't back down at all; Candace had to apologize (with one hell of a speech) and go public to win her back. Nice apology from Tate, too. His "break both legs!" to Candace was great.

I wish the doppelgangers had been more lively instead of only repeating words they'd heard before. It would have been more fun if the "prove you're the real Lilly/Astrid" task had been harder! Val's doppelganger really wanting to be in the play and kiss Eggs was funny. Val and Eggs were pretty cute this week, too ("Your crocodile movements are extremely authentic"). I missed Val last week so I'm glad she's back.

I also enjoyed Astrid talking to the little sparrow (and that being the weirdest thing Jordan had seen in a while), Lilly's moms' reaction to Lilly and Candace, and DoppelAstrid's lackluster, "No. Stop. It's me, Astrid." Looking forward to the big dance next week!

• Love 3

I thought Candace was going to redeem herself by being the one to realize the doppelganger wasn't the real Lily, even after Astrid didn't notice. I was really upset about Astrid not noticing.

I didn't really like Candace's apology, because it didn't really amount to an adequate explanation. Yes, she admitted she was wrong. But she only did it when she realized there was no other way to get what she wanted, and after a lot of tries at maintaining her previous position. When you get right down to it, there wasn't any explanation that would have made sense. She's okay having people know she likes girls, just not Lily? How can you get over that? Astrid is right to be skeptical of her. 

• Love 3

Astrid and Lilly Save The World                      S01.E10: Guts

(Season Finale)

Astrid and Lilly go head-to-head with the big bad. Can they actually save the world?

Original Airdate: Wednesday, March 30 at 10pm on SYFY.
NUP_196688_00501.jpg
NUP_196688_00020.jpg
NUP_196688_00107.jpg
NUP_196688_00007.jpg

On 3/18/2022 at 11:04 PM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Just learned that Michael McCreary, the actor who plays Eggs, is autistic like me, and has written a memoir called Funny, You Don't Look Autistic.

He has a Tumblr!

The finale was... okay, I guess? Brutus "betraying" the girls wasn't much of a surprise, but it wasn't a bad betrayal (he wasn't working for The Guardian or anything!), so I assume he'll be back and they'll patch things up. Eggs and Valerie were cute, and I enjoyed Val finally accepting that she'd seen a monster! Tate has become a pretty decent guy, and him convincing people to vote Lilly as queen was kinda cute. Candace giving both Astrid and Lilly corsages was super cute. Candance's mom getting murdered right in front of her and Candace blaming Lilly for it... we won't talk about that.

The ratings are garbage (SYFY is hard for many people to access and people don't tend to watch live nowadays in general) so I think renewal chances are pretty low, but I hope someone at the network decides to give the show a chance. It's low budget and the fandom has grown over the season, so... maybe.

• Love 3

I was wondering what would happen to Candace with her mother dead. I thought maybe she'd move in with Astrid's family. I didn't so much think she blamed Lilly as that she was freaking out. But with Candace you never know. I didn't think I could forgive her, but she won me over by giving corsages to both Lilly and Astrid. 

I really like Eggs as a character. They use his autism just right-- not making a big deal about it, fully integrating him into the group, making him a legit love interest for Val. 

The show is campy in the way that you either like or don't like, but I liked it.

• Love 4
On 3/31/2022 at 12:40 AM, Cranberry said:

The ratings are garbage (SYFY is hard for many people to access and people don't tend to watch live nowadays in general) ...

Are they garbage for SYFY or just garbage in general? I would imagine all the SYFY shows have garbage ratings lol.

I'm just trying to convince myself there's a chance this will get renewed because it was such a cute, fun little show.

• Love 4

Pretty bad even for SyFy. I blame the lack of promotion (even the official Twitter didn't start pushing it heavily until halfway through the season) and the bad timeslot, plus what I said earlier about SyFy shows being difficult to access and fewer people watching anything live. Ratings took a dip when its lead-in, Resident Alien, had its season finale a couple weeks before AaLStW did, too. That said, the finale's ratings jumped from the previous week! Fan engagement has also been going up. I'm hoping the show is cheap enough and well-reviewed enough that it'll get another shot.

• Love 1