Type keyword(s) to search

Astrid & Lilly Save The World - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"Astrid & Lilly Save the World" - Premieres in 2022

When outcast high school BFFs Astrid & Lilly accidentally crack open a portal to a terrifying monster dimension, they have to figure out how to save the world, if they can survive high school.

Produced by Blue Ice Pictures with Lance Samuels, Daniel Iron and Armand Leo serving as executive producers. Noelle Stehman and Betsy Van Stone wrote the pilot and will also serve as executive producers.

New series on SyFy. Source: NBCUniversal Television and Streaming Bolsters Its Investment in Cable Portfolio with 33 New Unscripted Series, Over 30 Addictive Returning Hits, Must-Watch Live Events & A Continued Focus on Scripted

Astrid & Lilly Save the World premieres January 26 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on USA & SYFY. The series is set to run for 10 episodes.
NUP_196418_00001.jpg

NUP_196418_00004.jpg

High school is hard enough when you’re different, but when outcast BFFs Astrid (Jana Morrison) and Lilly (Samantha Aucoin) accidentally crack open a portal to a terrifyingly quirky monster dimension, it gets a lot more complicated. It’s up to them to vanquish the creepy creatures and save the world, becoming the badass heroes they were meant to be. That is, if they can survive the horrors of high school.
maxresdefault.jpg
featured_astrid_lilly_save_world_1.jpg
A_L_TEASER_FINAL_proxy_SD_thumb_800x450_

Samantha Aucoin will play Lilly, who is sweet-natured and intuitive with a passion for investigative photography.
FHTqh8tXMAQsirx?format=jpg&name=large

Jana Morrison will play Astrid, who is bold and unfiltered with a knack for "sciencey" gadgets.
FHTcOQ7X0AUrgBb?format=jpg&name=large

Other Cast include:
Julia Doyle as Candace Powell
Olivier Renaud as Brutus 
Geri Hall as Christine 
Spencer Macpherson as Sparrow 
Christina Orjalo as Valerie
Kolton Stewart as Tate 
Megan Hutchings as Michelle Knight
Noah Perchard        

Not horrible, not great either.

It didn't look like the Tearjerker had a broken fingernail.

They love sitting in the most disgusting places.

No mention of the other woman who's eyes got plunked out.

I'll be here massaging myself.
Ah yeah, get it girl!

• Love 1

I like Astrid and Lilly a lot, as characters, so that makes a big difference. I can't really defend anything else about the show, because it's soooooo blatantly derivative. But I like the buddy conceit and the way they are kind of finding their mojo and getting past the "wish we were cooler" stuff. Also, I liked that they didn't redeem the guy who called them Pudge Patrol. They rescued him, but he was still a dick. It's kind of refreshing that Astrid and Lilly just stopped caring about his BS, rather than that their heroism was portrayed as changing him.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

Who is the kid who was giving them co-ordinates? Did we meet him before, or was that a new character?

He was the kid that joined the astronomy club and was looking through the telescope at the astral event. He will probably not very important to the overall story, but he does seem to realize that Astrid & Lilly are investigating whatever weirdness is occurring around them, which is more that any other student has noticed.

• Useful 2

Trying to like this, but the more I watch,the more I see stupid shit writing. Kids are dropping off like flies at school and the police aren't notified? The cut scenes after someone is killed leaces you wondering WTF just happened?  Do the students have any actual different classes during the day?  Too bad the girls couldn't just act BBF , but these two are OTT BBF, adios mo-fo.

A person gets killed by an animal attack in the school and they don't even shut the school down, not for a day, not even for 5 minutes to clear away the dead body. Two more people go missing, at the very least, get the school fumigated.

The principal takes away a school kid's oboe even though there is nothing on the oboe or the case that says "Property of Pine Academy", why would he think it was stolen.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

It was weird that Astrid and Lilly showed up at the school after hours and just walked right in. Apparently they leave the doors unlocked even when no one is there and the whole place is dark.

This is not the first time this has happened and there have been many students hanging around Pine Academy long after school hours to do School Club activities.

LOL, the writing leaves a lot to be desired. The cut scenes basically will leave you scatching you head wondering are the viewers supposed to just ignore all the shit that just happened???  Can someone explain why the writers think it's a good idea to go after Christians making them look like evil cultists?

Astrid and Lilly Save The World      S01.E04: One Rib

Astrid and Lilly feel excluded when everyone does a new "viral" dance, until they learn it's a monster.

Original Airdate: Wednesday, February 16 at 10pm on SYFY.
James Hawksley as Tom 
Andrew Tremblett as Drew 
Ma-Anne Dionisio as Helen
Geri Hall as Christine

NUP_196494_00024.thumb.JPG.0a4a450f7711d666cedc9b530fbb6e28.JPG

NUP_196494_00694.thumb.JPG.8ba449fe89fc796bfce70efbc5a317a0.JPG

NUP_196494_00477.thumb.JPG.9f81960292e74602b07bd362947d5f60.JPG

NUP_196494_00096.thumb.JPG.151b859dee34695f277bb330b329f5b3.JPG

This show is weird. Like, it's not good. It's maybe even bad. But it's charming enough that I enjoy it enough to keep watching. I hope it finds its footing, because there's definitely space for more campy monster shows. 

• Love 3

Seems like Brutus enjoyed his "Earth day."

Eggs. I know it wasn't an unexpected turn of events to have him kill the audition but it was still nicely done.

So how did the monster allergy capsule get into the roller rink? Are we just supposed to assume Brutus spent some time there earlier since Josh was hanging out in the woods all day?

So, it was the result of an allergy but spread like a virus? (don't overthink it, don't overthink it...)

I do want to see the cool youth pastor hopeful survive whatever the dark angel is cooking up.

• Love 1

"Face your fears" seems to be a theme right now. Naomi did an episode with the same theme this week.

It really drives me crazy that Brutus shows up with or without a horn with no explanation. I know I keep bringing it up, but it really drives me crazy.

I think Candace and Lilly might be going somewhere. 

Horrified by Astrid ghosting Sparrow and making it worse by acting like it was nothing. He has been very open about his interest in her, so her being so afraid to seem too eager is unwarranted. She didn't have to spill her guts to him entirely, but she handled it in a way that was really unkind to him.

Candace's mother was awful long before the portal opened, so I'm wondering about her monster. Is it one of the ones Astrid and Lilly are meant to gather, or does it come from somewhere else? 

I thought the music boxes were quite lovely. Good job, prop dept!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think Candace and Lilly might be going somewhere. 

Oh yeah, for sure. I thought so before this episode -- Lilly has clearly been crushing on Candace, and Candace has this wistfulness when it comes to Lilly, plus the show's been setting up a clear contrast between Tate and Lilly when it comes to caring about Candace's interests -- but this episode made it more explicit. Lilly doodling Candace's name in her diary, Candace almost coming out to Lilly, the smiles they had after Lilly left that voicemail... yeah, it's definitely happening. Hopefully Astrid understands.

Tate actually seems like a decent guy, just not a very good boyfriend. He was much nicer to the girls at the end of this ep than he has been previously. If this show is slowly gathering a little Scooby Gang, I wouldn't mind that at all. Sparrow's gonna have to be brought in at some point soon or Astrid's gonna lose him (plus he seems the type to enjoy monster hunting), and Eggs is already an asset with his stargazing and coordinates. Candace is likely going to get pulled in somehow as this thing with her mom and the Big Bad progresses. And of course they already have their Giles.

• Love 3

Best episode so far. I enjoy this show. Quirky and charming. Brutus's horn seems like it's the last thing to leave when he hides his monster form, and when he relaxes, it's the first thing to reappear? Love him. And I like the way the show is taking time developing all the relationships.

I'll give it a couple of thumbs up!👍

• Love 1

Astrid and Lilly Save The World      S01.E06: Toenail

Principal Varshidi gets possessed with a demonic ego, and Astrid and Lilly must perform the exorcism.

Original Airdate: Wednesday, March 2 at 10pm on SYFY.
Marvin Ishmael as Principal Varshidi
NUP_196496_00192.jpg
NUP_196496_00101.jpg
NUP_196496_00182.jpg

I feel like the show is getting better every week. This episode was funny; I laughed out loud a few times. Loved Lilly's terrible bullying attempts (especially when Tate took her insult as a compliment) and the fact that this was the first monster who couldn't get Val. I also liked seeing a bit more of Candace and Eggs outside of their interactions with the girls, and I'm glad Astrid and Sparrow made up quickly. It still seems like the show is inching closer to giving us its version of the Scooby Gang, and I'm all for it.

• Love 2

Resist The Urgin' Remain A Virgin
Christine's Golden Shower of Purity Lemonade

What? No mention of a Lemon Party (in your mouth).

How can you have a High School kids kissing booth when most of the people at the fair are parents?

Why can't Lilly just tell Astrid the truth about her relationship with Candace? They're BFFs and Astrid mostly only hates Candace because of what she thought she did to Lilly back in the day. Lilly didn't ever tell her she had remembered it wrong and they'd talked about it, did she?

Also, why can't Astrid tell Sparrow that the reason he has to leave is that Lilly wants her car back? I mean, it's not like he would find that hard to understand? 

I like this show but they are making the weirdest decisions about what Astrid and Lilly say vs don't say.

Brutus was enjoyable this week. I don't usually like him much.

I thought they needed to give lips to the orb, not the entire dissolved demon. Astrid and Lilly were really off in their hunt this week, not using the nose plugs, not using the "condom" and leaving the monster corpse lying around unattended. I get they were distracted by romantic drama, but they are usually better at their hunts. I know the show is not that carefully written anyway, but it was annoying me this week.

I like that the school principal is anti-abstinence.

• Love 1

I think there's probably also some jealousy involved in the whole "Astrid hates Candace" thing. I'm sure on some level Astrid thinks of herself as something of a Candace replacement, so she's probably worried that this popular girl is going to come back and take her spot. Lilly has already let Candace into Headquarters...

Some big relationship moments this week! I liked that Astrid finally got to have the sex she's been talking about since episode one and that she enjoyed it and didn't regret it. I liked that Sparrow assured her he found her sexy. I liked that Candace finally made a move. I guess Lilly's rambling about her legs gave her the confidence to know it would be welcome! She's so soft with Lilly now -- the only time she got a bitchy edge to her voice was when she seemed offended that Lilly assumed she wanted to pretend the kiss never happened when really she wanted to kiss her goodnight. (I liked that, too -- there was always the possibility that Candace only made a move because of the pheromones, and the ending shut that down hard.)

I liked all the kids who are attracted to boys crushing on that floppy-haired narcissist. Even Astrid and Lilly thought he should have won Best Duo!

I missed Val this week. I wonder if the production can't afford to pay everyone for every episode. I'm assuming budget constraints (and potentially Covid constraints? We still had stricter ones in Canada until recently) are also the explanation for why we've seen Candace, who is supposed to be super popular and under so much social pressure, with a friend like one time for just a few seconds.

Yeah, I should have said she’s soft with her when they’re alone (and apparently in front of Astrid now, at least at the end of the ep; she didn’t default to her usual “Bye, losers” thing), but she clearly still wouldn’t be comfortable with that publicly. I assume that’ll be resolved in the next few eps — looks like we get a Breakfast Club one next. One step closer to the Scooby Gang I want?

I had to laugh every time they showed Tristan with his hair blowing in the wind - it's funny little things like this that make me like the show.  Much as I'm glad the girls are finding romance, social acceptance etc., I really liked it when they were outcasts and had only their wonderful friendship to support each other.

• Love 1