Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: One Day Down, a Lifetime to Go

• Start Topic

On 8/11/2021 at 6:34 PM, karenbrady said:

That was CUTE. "No no no, you can't have babies that way".

That was so ridiculous!!! They're STRANGERS!!! I think she meant, "Those don't fit you." 😅😂 & he just left them on the bed! Ew! Seriously?? NO birth control with your STRANGER husband to have babies??? 😫😱

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Ryan told Brett's parents (Brett looks like her dad) that redheads are either beautiful or ugly and couldn't be bothered to ask any questions about her. Yikes. I'm trying to extend him leeway because he's grieving, but ...

Super weird. I wonder if it was a bad edit or he really had nothing to say & what he did say was stupid. Does he have NOTHING in his mind?!! 😅 

• Love 1

When one of Ryan's peeps told Brett that she would have to draw him out because he was a genuine introvert it made me mad, because his problems communicating and being generally sociable go way beyond being explained solely by introversion.  Being an introvert doesn't mean you can't hold on a decent conversation with people and leave them hanging in awkward moments.  I am an introvert and because of the negative image people generally have of them people who meet me usually don't think I'm an introvert because of how chatty and sociable I am.  They think all introverts are antisocial and painfully shy and awkward.  Meanwhile, most introverts are not like that at all.  The image is so bad that a lot of introverts don't even want to think they're introverts.  My advice to them is get to know what introversion really is.  I have seen this time and time again. 

In one office I worked in we were all required to take the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and one man was very upset when he scored as an introvert.  He insisted he was an extrovert because of how much he enjoyed talking to people.  When I looked at his test results he was way over on the side of introversion.  I tried to explain to him that introversion doesn't necessarily mean you don't extrovert or enjoy it at times, it just refers to where you prefer to focus - either on what's going on inside your head (introverting) or the outside world (extroverting).  If you are a well balanced introvert you will extrovert when around people because you may genuinely enjoy or care about certain people and/or you realize you need to communicate with them.  Just because you're generally an introvert doesn't mean you're ALWAYS introverting inside your little shell.  We ALL introvert and extrovert many times a day.  The difference between and introvert and an extrovert is which activity you PREFER in a general way and that's IT.  Everything else is a "you" thing, not related to being an introvert at all.  Are more introverts like Ryan and have difficulty being sociable or social anxiety?  Perhaps, but it's still not a necessary function or part of being an introvert, but a function of some kind of dysfunction.  

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm trying to like Myrla and having no success whatsoever. I just don't like her. After Gil told her the horrific story about hearing his father murdered in the next room, she couldn't even stir up an "I'm so sorry that happened to you."

Let's hope she's just getting a bitch edit. Although, she is saying bitchy stuff. 😅

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Rightside said:

Did anyone else notice the brides wedding rings? They all had a wide silver band that look sorta of like men's rings.

Other seasons had thinner bands with diamond chips.

I was trying to see the groom's rings but couldn't tell. It looked Gill has his ring on the the pinky finger.

I thought so too! I thought they were very masculine. Not helping my wondering if the men are gay. Maybe the show gave them the rings. 😅

On 8/11/2021 at 9:32 PM, Straycat80 said:

Man, Myrla is so extra. And sounds like a buzzkill. Poor Gil. I’m convinced this show purposely matches opposites just to get drama. 

We have gotten smarter and smarter and are on to production.  Here n there, they throw a combatable couple on to satisfy us.  The majority are mismatched.

• Love 2

Weird editing. At the end of the last episode they drag out Johnny unbuttoning Bao's dress. This episode, it's a few buttons in a few seconds. Wha? Last episode, Jose undresses & wears the bowtie to bed, this episode he asks her if he should wear the bowtie & unbuttons his shirt, getting undressed in front of her. I don't like the double-takes. So the 1st part is repeating the end of last week. Then, they show shots of them awake & then waking up, going backwards. So weird & annoying.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, boy.

Myrla is complaining about the hotel and the view before she even gets to see it in the daylight. 

She's violating that MAJOR rule with guys & turning Gil off! He should be critical like that to show her how repulsive it is. Smh

• Love 2
20 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

They did have sex first night and married...but later divorced. I don't think it was money issues or the bus.

That's a mighty broad brush you're using. It's more nuanced than that. I wanted to be on married at first sight...

To be on TV
Promote myself
If I stay married I might do some more TV
15 nanoseconds of fame
I need money
I filled out the application as a lark
Someone filled out an application for me

Obviously none have been successful in the romance department assuming the goal is to find the person to build a life together as husband and wife. Still some are really committed to the process and sincerely want to find the person for them.

It really seems that way this season. How could anyone force themselves to believe a diva like Myrla is going to find love and happiness with a knock around guy like Gil? Nothing wrong with either one of them but totally mismatched. They must know financial issues are a major cause of divorce. If a couple can't agree on money issues they are doomed. How could they not know what we know in just a hour of video?

Life has been doing everything possible to kill a successful show by saturating it, creating numerous spin offs and more commercials than ever. I can only watch with remote in hand or record and watch later.

Enough of Couples Cam too.  Anthony loves the $$$.  Now he’s dressing like a Princess.

• Love 2

Myrla is HARSH with her rejection of Gil. GD! SO WRONG!! The man offered you a foot rub!! That was AMAZING!!! Karen requested a foot rub from her husband & she wasn't even attracted to him! 😅😂 How do women not know to NOT bruise the fragile male ego like that???

• Love 4
16 hours ago, lizajane said:

I have been thinking since the first episode that at least two of these couples are terribly mismatched. I think Michaela and Gil should have been matched - their personalities seem more compatible, and they both lost their father. Myrla is a PITA. Her negativity and entitlement are going to sink this. She might be too old for Zach, but at least he has the head of hair that she demanded. 

Ryan seems like a passive aggressive twat. 

Neatnik Jose is not going to be happy about living with someone who he has been advised is a bit of a slob. And I don’t blame him - that has been a total turnoff for me in the past, but I wouldn’t even go beyond a first date. 

I don’t think Jonny is going to get past friend zone with Bao but I hope they do work. 

This show needs to replace the entire crew responsible for these and last season’s matches. Fail. 

Ryan seems so blah.  Not too much personality.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, boy.

Myrla is complaining about the hotel and the view before she even gets to see it in the daylight. 

Johnny likes vanilla sex and said on Unfiltered kissing Bao is like kissing his sister. Uh-oh.

Ryan is not into Brett. Obvious. He thinks he can do better. So what if flying freaks her out. I hate to fly, too. Doesn't mean I don't do it. Brett, take a Xanax and have a drink, it will ease  your anxiety. Get over yourself, Ryan. You're not all that. 

Michaela and Zack- I had the most hope for them. Is he going to turn in to another Chris from last season? She's adorable and bubbly, he did a 180 as soon as they got to the honeymoon.  

Why, why, why are we subjected to these people brushing their teeth together? Jose was trying to talk the entire time he was brushing. Plus he wanted to brush Rachel's teeth, too? I hope that was a joke and he wasn't serious. It sure turned Rachel off. 

Zack might have Covid.  He said he didn’t feel well.

• Love 1

WTF Johnny?! How does he go from saying he'll easily slow down for her to p in v sex?!!! TOO MUCH!!! The editors MUST be effin with us, playing her saying she loves hearing that creepiness after he said all that mess!! 😒😒

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know what it is about successful shows these days that they want to oversaturate us with them by cloning them and creating spin offs until we are crying out for less and eventually tune out.  Don't they realize they're sabotaging themselves?

It's all financially motivated; this is America, after all. These kinds of reality shows are cheap to produce and can be put together very quickly; the more time they're on the air, the more money the network (and almost certainly NOT the participants or the crew) makes. It's the same with The Bachelor/ette, which I do not watch, but aren't there like 75 spinoffs of that show? I feel like it's constantly on - like, there's no time between seasons. It makes a lot of money for the network, that's what matters. I would guess Lifetime has lower ratings expectations, but still - the more air time, the more money for Lifetime.

And for all the people who tune out (I don't watch any spinoffs of this show, never have, and generally stop thinking about the casts once their seasons end), there are opportunities for people to tune in. "Oh, that couple is cute on Couples Cam, let me see what the original show is all about" or whatever.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Enough of Couples Cam too.  Anthony loves the $$$.  Now he’s dressing like a Princess

Sorry.  I love couples cam.  Watching small slices of their lives.  Anthony’s daughter is button cute snd bright.  He’s a great dad.  Don’t  like?  Don’t watch   So easy. :)   

Some additional thoughts:  I love Brett.  Totally her own woman. And after removing make up, Ryan said liked her looks even better.  I’m waiting on Ryan and the couple.  This is one I want to work out.  She is authentic. Is he?  And I ❤️ her dad and mom.  

Unfiltered better after airing.  More connected to current episode.  Jamie good questions and good follow ups.  I’ve liked her Couples Cam segments too. She’s just so positive snd gracious, I think people resent her.  Sort of an American trait.   

Finally, Johnny is authentic. Didn’t he admit platonic could turn into love?  Did MAFS bc he needed commitment to finally make the effort.  He likes Bao.  And they are both educated quality disciplined traditional people who will put everything into making marriage work. And I see an attraction there.   

• Love 2

Welp. At least Zack made it to the honeymoon... with Covid. Him saying his close friend tested positive the night before the wedding was foreshadowing. He just went ahead all willy nilly, now let's see if Michaela gets it. Doesn't look like they're in any previews of activities & with the other couples.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

It's all financially motivated; this is America, after all. These kinds of reality shows are cheap to produce and can be put together very quickly; the more time they're on the air, the more money the network (and almost certainly NOT the participants or the crew) makes. It's the same with The Bachelor/ette, which I do not watch, but aren't there like 75 spinoffs of that show? I feel like it's constantly on - like, there's no time between seasons. It makes a lot of money for the network, that's what matters. I would guess Lifetime has lower ratings expectations, but still - the more air time, the more money for Lifetime.

Yeah I know that, it was really a rhetorical question. In the long run they end up burning out quicker even if they make more money on more shows now.  Eventually the audience will reach a saturation point.  It might be a better strategy to pace themselves so the audience doesn't get tired of it so soon.  It might make less money now but last more years and make more money all told.

• Love 1

Michaela said she handles conflict in a RESPECTFUL manner. She said she doesn't do the, "name-calling stuff, the shouting, the banging, the throwing cuz that's terrible." Well. All this talk of words matching actions.... let's see what she DOES.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

And for all the people who tune out (I don't watch any spinoffs of this show, never have, and generally stop thinking about the casts once their seasons end), there are opportunities for people to tune in. "Oh, that couple is cute on Couples Cam, let me see what the original show is all about" or whatever.

Signing off on every single point, especially  the "not watching any spin-offs"! 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, buttersister said:

So I'm getting the sense that the answer to my Unfiltered question is that it's filmed after DD? Johnny's either playing whatever game the producers asked for or his appearance on Unfiltered is, to borrow a phrase from Norman Mailer, Advertisements For Myself.

You had me at "Norman Mailer." 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Michaela said she handles conflict in a RESPECTFUL manner. She said she doesn't do the, "name-calling stuff, the shouting, the banging, the throwing cuz that's terrible." Well. All this talk of words matching actions.... let's see what she DOES.

We've already seen what she does in the previews and she's already a liar.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Welp. At least Zack made it to the honeymoon... with Covid. Him saying his close friend tested positive the night before the wedding was foreshadowing. He just went ahead all willy nilly, now let's see if Michaela gets it. Doesn't look like they're in any previews of activities & with the other couples.

Wouldn’t they all get it now?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lindz said:

Let's hope she's just getting a bitch edit. Although, she is saying bitchy stuff. 😅

She didn’t even talk about him being a Fireman.  Cops and Fireman have very admiral jobs.  She could at least compliment him on the job.  You have to be a selfless person to do that.  Looks like she’s just interested in monetary things.  Everything is about her.  Shoes, lashes, gowns, etc.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lindz said:

Weird editing. At the end of the last episode they drag out Johnny unbuttoning Bao's dress. This episode, it's a few buttons in a few seconds. Wha? Last episode, Jose undresses & wears the bowtie to bed, this episode he asks her if he should wear the bowtie & unbuttons his shirt, getting undressed in front of her. I don't like the double-takes. So the 1st part is repeating the end of last week. Then, they show shots of them awake & then waking up, going backwards. So weird & annoying.

Yes, the show runner must have decided we need a stutter step review of what we saw in the previously aired episode...then at the waning moments of an episode we get a tease of new content.

It is a Two step Forward, One Step Back editing....

Not a full Groundhog Day but you definitely get Deja Vu....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
On 8/9/2021 at 5:10 PM, humbleopinion said:

Myrla is snotty.

Looking through her double fake lashes down her nose at the everything and everyone on MAFS.

I just don't understand her insistence on the lashes.  They are waaayyy too overpowering.  If she has a lash disease, and needs them, then she could manage to have them more subtle.  I end up staring at them and not her, because it just looks so odd how they start sort of near the middle of her eyelid, rather than where natural lashes would start.  And when she was in bed with Gil, the angle she was at made it appear that there was a gap in the lashes, which really drew my gaze.

9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm trying to have empathy for both Myrla and Gil for losing their fathers in this horrific way, but the way they talked about it was just a little too much like it's a juicy tidbit they're sharing, not a horrible tragedy.  Neither one of them showed the kind of feeling upon recalling their father's death that I would have expected.  Having lost my Dad under tragic circumstances (Covid) I can't imagine not getting really serious or a little choked up upon recalling the circumstances of his death.  Perhaps this is some sort of coping or defense mechanism, but still, I personally found it a little disturbing.

When Myrla was disclosing her father's murder first, Gil's reaction really surprised me.  It was far more about his internally knowing that his father was also murdered, and that he knew he would mention it when she stopped talking, than having any reaction of sympathy for Myrla.  At least Myrla had a sympathetic comment for Gil's story.  And yes, the flippancy of how both of them discussed it, was indeed disturbing.

10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't think Rachel told him to leave the condoms because she wants to get pregnant or she doesn't intend to have sex with him, but because she wants to show him she trusts him because after all, he is her husband so he shouldn't have to wear condoms.  Again, not the best way to get that message across because of all the ways it can be interpreted.  These two both have a case of foot in mouth disease, I think.  Also, he may be her husband but he IS still a stranger so she shouldn't be so sure she won't need the condoms unless the message is that she doesn't want to have sex with him until one day in the indeterminate future when she decides she can really trust him.

What Rachel says, after Jose picks up the bowl of condoms and dumps them in his suitcase:

"Uh [laughs] no, no, no [laughs].  We can't have babies that way."

That seems to pretty clearly be a comment about getting pregnant.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

I thought so too! I thought they were very masculine. Not helping my wondering if the men are gay. Maybe the show gave them the rings. 😅

The show always provides the rings.

But the bride's rings this season don't look like any ring a bride would chose!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I am really hooked on the unfolding of this potential Jekyll and Hyde personality.  Not because I actually want the drama, especially for poor Zack, but because how she presents and what she said to his parents, are soooo at odds with that preview and what her sisters have said about her.

• Love 4
On 8/13/2021 at 9:09 AM, kristen111 said:

Enough of Couples Cam too.  Anthony loves the $$$.  Now he’s dressing like a Princess.

Omgosh, YES! They are giving Jamie and Doug a run for their money. Their antics are so contrived and cliche. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

She also seems to like throwing out bleeped out words, and knowing she's on camera.   I remember one of her sisters calling her "hurricane."  That's not good.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I am really hooked on the unfolding of this potential Jekyll and Hyde personality.  Not because I actually want the drama, especially for poor Zack, but because how she presents and what she said to his parents, are soooo at odds with that preview and what her sisters have said about her.

Her sisters said the running joke in the family is that they call her Hurricane K, so they're well aware of her temper. Michaela admitted it herself when they mentioned it - she was like, "well, yeah, but then after the storm I'm very calm."

She doesn't present as an angry person but she does present as kind of a lot - she was very extra at the wedding, all "DO YOU WANT BABIES?" right out of the gate, literally the first thing she said to him after she learned his name.

41 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Yes - it's not that the brides' rings are plain, it's that they're clunky-looking. I know a number of married women with simple yellow gold or white gold or platinum bands without any ornamentation, but none of them are as wide as the ones these brides are wearing. I bet $5 Myrla hates hers (and she sucks, but I wouldn't blame her - I don't like the ring either).

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

When Myrla was disclosing her father's murder first, Gil's reaction really surprised me.  It was far more about his internally knowing that his father was also murdered, and that he knew he would mention it when she stopped talking, than having any reaction of sympathy for Myrla.  At least Myrla had a sympathetic comment for Gil's story. 

I remember it the exact opposite.  When they got into bed that first night, Gil told the story about his father being murdered, and Myrla didn't have much of a reaction, and he said something like, "Your turn," and she said she didn't want to talk about it right then.  (I remember thinking, "Oh, Myrla, I'm trying to like you.")  Then the next morning is when she told her story. 

Did my deteriorating brain get this backwards?  Usually I can remember useless stupid shit like this alarmingly well, while the important things vanish into the crevices.  Could this be turning around?  Please??

41 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

And yes, the flippancy of how both of them discussed it, was indeed disturbing.

In Gil's case, it was like 25 years ago, so he's probably got a script he's fallen into when telling the story, especially to strangers (which by definition it probably always is, since people close to him already know).  In Myrla's case, it was more recent, but it sounds like the circumstances have considerable baggage (being murdered by his wife's daughter and son-in-law, because he was harassing them?), which might affect the script she has.

In contrast, Michaela's story is considerably less complicated--killed by a drunk driver.  Although people might want details, that really does tell the story.  Not so much when you say "My father was murdered." 

Also, I wonder if the camera being in Gil's and Myrla's faces affected things.  I doubt they had gotten to the point where they forget the cameras are there.

Michaela seems to tear up at the mere mention of her father.  I don't read anything into that other than that's how she rolls--and definitely not that it's a better or less disturbing response than how Gil and Myrla handle it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

I thought that the show provided the rings but the brides and grooms chose them (from defined options) for each other. 

My wedding band is a wide-ish plain platinum band so I am a bride who chose something like that. Mostly I chose it because I have a beautiful engagement ring and I didn't want to detract from it but I also knew that I would never take off my wedding ring and I wanted something that I could wear anywhere and not worry about it getting dirty or snagging on things. Plus I sometimes work with underserved populations and I wanted something plain to wear at those times. Everyone's tastes are different.

Edited by Elizzikra
13 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

In contrast, Michaela's story is considerably less complicated--killed by a drunk driver.  Although people might want details, that really does tell the story.  Not so much when you say "My father was murdered." 

The devil is in the details...

Michaela's father was beaten to death by a drunk driver...

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

Last episode, Jose undresses & wears the bowtie to bed, this episode he asks her if he should wear the bowtie & unbuttons his shirt, getting undressed in front of her. I

I think his microphone was attached to the bow tie.

@StatisticalOutlier, I believe you got it right. She shut him down that night (and I also remarked to myself that she is impossible!), but explained it the next day.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 1

Bao says that Johnny's kisses make her feel more depth towards him.  On Unfiltered, Johnny said that he's kissed so many women, he's just a really good kisser, and kissing Bao feels like kissing a sister.  Ugh.

Johnny and Ryan share the same philosophy, where you can always swipe right to find another date.  

Johnny said, on Unfiltered, that living in a 4+ million person city like Houston, there's always the "next one".   And that being married is basically the only reason to hold him down, hence his participation in this show.  

I do think attraction can grow, and I hope we see it here, but I'm not optimistic, I'm sorry to say.  

Something in Bao has kept Johnny at arm's length all these years from her.  When asked on Unfiltered about the fact that he ghosted her, he had no recollection.  Just shrugged and said he was probably dating someone at the time.  

Johnny was very clear that he needs a woman who chases after him, who is physically affectionate, to help him bridge the gap that his father's lost love has left.  Bao is not that person.  Something tells me that Johnny has always gone for the girls on Bumble who swiped on him first, messaged him first, texted him throughout their relationship.  Not the other way around, or even an equal amount.

I'm hoping this is all editing and we get our Bao/Johnny ride into the sunset....hope.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Her sisters said the running joke in the family is that they call her Hurricane K, so they're well aware of her temper. Michaela admitted it herself when they mentioned it - she was like, "well, yeah, but then after the storm I'm very calm."

She doesn't present as an angry person but she does present as kind of a lot - she was very extra at the wedding, all "DO YOU WANT BABIES?" right out of the gate, literally the first thing she said to him after she learned his name.

I dunno, nicknaming someone "hurricane k" sounds like they might get pretty angry.  I still think Zack should practice sleeping with one eye open for as long as they're married.

34 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Michaela's father was beaten to death by a drunk driver...

Interesting.  If I were her, I'd leave it at "killed by a drunk driver," too.  "Beat to death by a drunk driver" makes people want details.  Or makes me want them, anyway.  The same as if a person said, "My father was murdered."  My immediate reaction would be, "What?  How??"  (And then hopefully followed by, "Oh, sorry, I don't mean to pry.") 

"Killed by a drunk driver" makes me assume a crash that resulted in injuries that caused the victim's death.  Do we have details about this?  Was there even a crash?  Or a small crash that led to a fight?  Whatever--it doesn't sound like what most people think of when they hear "killed by a drunk driver."

The devil is in the details...

Oh, I know.  There's another show I watch where a guy was described as having been killed in a bar fight, but it turned out he was killed trying to break up a fight at his place of employment (presumably the bar).  Big difference.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

She didn’t even talk about him being a Fireman.  Cops and Fireman have very admiral jobs.  She could at least compliment him on the job.  You have to be a selfless person to do that.  Looks like she’s just interested in monetary things.  Everything is about her.  Shoes, lashes, gowns, etc.

Myrla doesn't strike me as a person who has any "depth" and so not referring to her hero fireman husband in complimentary terms doesn't surprise me. 

Her emphasis on "status symbols" may also impact her "professional standing" (don't know).  I say that having worked with indigent inmates for MANY years in jail and out, many of whom came from abusive, impoverished and neglectful homes growing up that I believe mirrors the circumstances of the students she gushes about devoting her life to elevating, 

Appearing in DESIGNER, STATUS clothes/accessories at work would be about the LAST THING that would endear the professional to her clients!  I understand Myrla apparently works with only "principals" and other high admin types; however, my rejoinder still applies.

Another thing that confused me about Myrla:  She claims to be into very common status symbols (that everyone knows and has been discussed before) one may obtain either in consignment shops or as "knock offs".  I'm talking Gucci, LV, Louboutin to name a few.  However, in her scenes with Gil's friends AND in the honeymoon suite (that she disparaged) her choice of clothing looks more like Salvation Army that designer!  She seems to really be a study in contradictions, otherwise knows as, a PHONY😄

• Love 4
Just now, pdlinda said:

You make my point! 

Also, the sloppy hair (and overall demeanor) added to the "homeless" look.

It also came across as disrespectful to me, like, I couldn’t give two shits about meeting you. I’m just here because I have to. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I dunno, nicknaming someone "hurricane k" sounds like they might get pretty angry.  I still think Zack should practice sleeping with one eye open for as long as they're married.

Oh, I think it's clear from her sisters, her, and the preview that Michaela has a temper. I just don't think she comes across as a person who has a temper - like, if "Hurricane K" hadn't come up on the show, I wouldn't have made the assumption that Michaela is someone who loses her temper. Whereas when Myrla said she has tantrums, that wasn't a surprise to me (though I found it very off-putting, and even more so because she thinks it's cute - she was smiling when she said it). She's been surly, pouty, "I want what I want when I want it" so it's not surprising to hear that she has tantrums.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

It also came across as disrespectful to me, like, I couldn’t give two shits about meeting you. I’m just here because I have to. 

Agreed,

I also took special note of the "threat" (as I interpreted it) issued by her brother, Juan, to Gil that he (Gil) better accede to Myrla's every demand (paraphrase) to avoid connecting with Juan's "bad side."  WOW....I got a "Godfather" vibe from the 3 guys who "interviewed" Gi on Myrla's behalfl....

• Love 6

Every season Dr. Viviana talks about how sex is expected on the wedding night, but since this is marriage to a stranger, it is completely their call if they have sex on the wedding night. This bothers me SO MUCH. Sex should always be completely their call. Consent is important and in actuality, many couples don't have sex on their wedding night because they are tired, or too drunk, or whatever. I know it is nit picking, but this phrasing irks me. 

• Love 11

I found it terrible that  whomever was in charge of Zack and Michaela’s wedding and honeymoon allowed it to happen.  Zack's friend got positive results  for Covid the morning of the wedding and Zach was obviously exposed and got tested. It was not a rapid test since they are still waiting on the results in the honeymoon hotel. So just how many people  were exposed so far between the wedding, reception. Brunch, flying to the honeymoon and at the hotel? and we do know it was actually exposed rather than potentially because Zach is ill in this episode even before getting his test results. 
Her explosive temper is going to ruin their relationship even though they are physically  attracted to one another. 

Jose and Rachel - jury out on  their  relationship so far. Same with Johnny and Bao.  And I like Johnny and Bao. 

Ryan and Brett- she’s going to get tired of doing ALL the talking, and he’s not really interested in being a couple.  He wasn’t the slightest bit interested in asking her family a thing. 

Gil has already figured out Myrla by the first evening at the resort. He snorted at her claim that she wasn’t high maintenance.   She didn’t have one nice thing to say from the minute she got up that morning. Not one thing was good enough for her. 
on top of that, her brother needs to step back and get out of his sisters personal life and finances.  That’s going to be a serious problem if the brother can’t  get out of the way. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Oh, I think it's clear from her sisters, her, and the preview that Michaela has a temper. I just don't think she comes across as a person who has a temper - like, if "Hurricane K" hadn't come up on the show, I wouldn't have made the assumption that Michaela is someone who loses her temper.

Throwing around bleeped words on camera gave me the impression that she was short-tempered, even if I hadn't heard the "Hurricane K" reference.   IMO she even looks like she could fly off the handle at any moment.  

• Love 1

Texting is the DEVIL! 😅😂 If Johnny messaged Bao last, technically, SHE ghosted. He didn't properly ask her out, but he at least said they could go together. She could've continued on. I don't understand people not asking questions, but eh. I guess they get somewhere, somehow. 😅 Not these people, apparently.