Type keyword(s) to search

My Feet Are Killing Me - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I don't remember what words Dr. Ebonie used...but I had the impression that her ankle will not be flexing at all.   She would have to walk kind of stiff-legged (ankled), but AT LEAST without pain.  Those "assaults" to her bones will take a long recuperation...she'll have pain for longer than she expects.

And she won't lose her foot, which I think was her biggest fear.

• Love 2
On 5/10/2022 at 5:25 PM, dubbel zout said:

Airs 5/18.

Watching this now!  Omg.  Apparently, the woman put a sock on her left foot, then a orthopedic boot and she never took it off for TWO years!  She even showered with it on!  That lady needs a psych evaluation.  

• Love 8

I felt so bad for her.  1) for feeling such fear and/or shame for her foot that even she didn't want to look at it, and then 2) for having the world know how bad it got.  She was probably mortified to have the doc and office smell that, but to be on tv, too?  I know they get a discount or free care for being the show so that's why and is worth it in the end.  She kept a brave face on, though.  My heart went out to her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, aquarian1 said:

I felt so bad for her.  1) for feeling such fear and/or shame for her foot that even she didn't want to look at it, and then 2) for having the world know how bad it got.  She was probably mortified to have the doc and office smell that, but to be on tv, too?  I know they get a discount or free care for being the show so that's why and is worth it in the end.  She kept a brave face on, though.  My heart went out to her.

I thought some of the things the doctor said were not appropriate. This woman will probably watch the show some day, and I’m sure she won’t be happy about the comments about how stinky her foot is and how many candles they had to use. 😟

• Love 3

After all that, was there a follow-up on her in the closing?  I know there was with the sisters and the bad callous lady.  I know they said taking care of the athlete's foot and toenail fungus and infection was first priority before they could consider doing anything else for the club foot, but I thought we might get an update on the fungus and infection stuff.   

• Love 1

I didn’t see an update on the long term boot patient.  Other than her promising to follow the doctors instructions. I hope someone helped her comply.  That kind of neglect of her foot demonstrates more than a foot problem, imo.  I hope she got additional support.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Watching this now!  Omg.  Apparently, the woman put a sock on her left foot, then a orthopedic boot and she never took it off for TWO years!  She even showered with it on!  That lady needs a psych evaluation.  

I agree. Obviously she was ashamed of her club foot to the extent that she couldn't deal with it or even look at it. The fact that the boot went right back on after the appointment doesn't give me high hopes that she'll keep up with the maintenance of the open wounds. But I image that foot washing she got from the doctor probably felt pretty amazing.

• Love 4

My late/ex-husband was a podiatrist from 1964 to 1977.  He had a "soothing" whirlpool in his one-man office which his patients loved.  It was an expensive piece of equipment (similar to this one) for a young guy just starting out. He learned about it at a practice management seminar.  Its main function truly wasn't for the patient's comfort...but for the doctor's health and safety and that of his staff.  It cleaned off all the dirt, stink, loose debris--even some fungus the patients brought into the office.  That stench alone could push the staff into collapse. WHY don't these doctors-on-television send their patients into a nice warm 10-minute whirlpool bath for the second phase of every televised appointment?  The first phase, of course, is to remove the shoes and socks for the viewers' shock value.  We don't have to WATCH the whirlpool--we just need to know it's doing the job!  (P.S.  My husband's patients removed their own shoes and socks...and seemed happy to do so, emerging from the whirlpool squeaky clean-ish.)

That little pink bowl full of sloshing medicated water Dr. Ebonie had to carry down a hall was ridiculous.  Remember...my story started with "1964"!)

image.png.8280c99c3212d84dc161eeac1d296601.pngTHIS TODAY'S MODEL RESEMBLES HIS 60s-70s MODEL

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

My late/ex-husband was a podiatrist from 1964 to 1977.  He had a "soothing" whirlpool in his one-man office which his patients loved.  It was an expensive piece of equipment (similar to this one) for a young guy just starting out. He learned about it at a practice management seminar.  Its main function truly wasn't for the patient's comfort...but for the doctor's health and safety and that of his staff.  It cleaned off all the dirt, stink, loose debris--even some fungus the patients brought into the office.  That stench alone could push the staff into collapse. WHY don't these doctors-on-television send their patients into a nice warm 10-minute whirlpool bath for the second phase of every televised appointment?  The first phase, of course, is to remove the shoes and socks for the viewers' shock value.  We don't have to WATCH the whirlpool--we just need to know it's doing the job!  (P.S.  My husband's patients removed their own shoes and socks...and seemed happy to do so, emerging from the whirlpool squeaky clean-ish.)

That little pink bowl full of sloshing medicated water Dr. Ebonie had to carry down a hall was ridiculous.  Remember...my story started with "1964"!)

image.png.8280c99c3212d84dc161eeac1d296601.pngTHIS TODAY'S MODEL RESEMBLES HIS 60s-70s MODEL

I am impressed!  

What gets me is the way the  doctors place their hands on the bottom of the patient’s shoes as they remove them. Then they put those same hands on their feet.  Sometimes, their hands are gloved, some times they aren’t.  The bottom of the shoes can have all kinds of germs.  Grosses me out.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I am sure the doctors taking off the socks and shoes is just for the TV show. I joke with my hubby that it lets us know the money shot is coming.

I also suspect Dr. Brad operating with Dr. Sarah is mostly for the TV show so he has a convenient way to say what is happening during the procedure. Sometimes another doctor may be needed for a complicated surgery, but this week’s callus removal surgery did not need Dr. Sarah. I don’t mind because I like her and I think their conversations live are better then the taking head narrative afterwards.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I have wondered why he has Sarah assist on all his surgeries.  She recently talked about how she’s known him for a long time, since he was her attending in residency. So, he’s more experienced than her.  

On 5/19/2022 at 3:37 PM, Back Atcha said:

My late/ex-husband was a podiatrist from 1964 to 1977.  He had a "soothing" whirlpool in his one-man office which his patients loved. 

I wouldn’t mind having one of these at home! 🥰

4 hours ago, MagicEyes said:

I wouldn’t mind having one of these at home! 🥰

The son of one of our friends was diagnosed with arthritis at age eight.  My husband invited her to bring him to the office "anytime" to use the whirlpool to soothe his aching joints.  That was the early 70s and she still comments on that kindness (although he turned out to be a jerk of a human as an ex-husband an deadbeat dad).

• Love 3

The doctors take on a man with a hole mystery, a dancer with towering toenails, and a woman who is so desperate she's resorted to wrapping her fee in medical tape used by veterinarians on injured horses.

Airs 6/1.

Bonus scenes air on 6/2.

Was there an explanation given about why it was so long between that guy’s first visit to Dr. Ebonie and his surgery? It seemed like that tumor was causing him a lot of pain and growing so I would assume he would want it removed ASAP.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/20/2022 at 8:10 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I have wondered why he has Sarah assist on all his surgeries.  She recently talked about how she’s known him for a long time, since he was her attending in residency. So, he’s more experienced than her.  

That surprises me, because it seemed like she always had to help him in his surgeries.  Maybe she's just a better surgeon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, auntjess said:

That surprises me, because it seemed like she always had to help him in his surgeries.  Maybe she's just a better surgeon.

Actually in the early shows (before she was a featured Dr.) it seemed like he was assisting her in the surgeries.

9 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Watching Sarah use a drill on that girl's heavily calloused feet was something else. I wonder how long that took.

And how much DUST still remains in that room!

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

And how much DUST still remains in that room!

We were wondering why she didn’t wear a face shield or goggles during the procedure. Maybe she thought it would embarrass the patient? 

Edited by Rickster
On 5/27/2022 at 7:15 AM, Rickster said:

Actually in the early shows (before she was a featured Dr.) it seemed like he was assisting her in the surgeries.

But the people were HIS patients.

1 hour ago, auntjess said:

But the people were HIS patients.

Right, because she was not a featured Dr. on the show. The show was Dr. Brad and Dr. Ebonie. Sarah was not going to have her own patients on TV at that point. It just seemed like patients went to Dr. Brad and when they went to the OR, suddenly a different Dr. took the lead (just my opinion). It took a couple of seasons before she officially joined the cast.

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

Right, because she was not a featured Dr. on the show. The show was Dr. Brad and Dr. Ebonie. Sarah was not going to have her own patients on TV at that point. It just seemed like patients went to Dr. Brad and when they went to the OR, suddenly a different Dr. took the lead (just my opinion). It took a couple of seasons before she officially joined the cast.

Well I saw it as he wasn't able to handle the surgery by himself, so she'd help him.
I think of him as Dr. Pretty Face.

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, Rickster said:

We were wondering why she didn’t wear a face shield or goggles during the procedure. Maybe she thought it would embarrass the patient?

Anyone/Everyone in the room (including crew) should have had face shields.

Ep title (no info otherwise as of now): Fix My Twisty Toes!

Airs 6/8. Supersized episode on 6/16.

Dr. Ebonie removes an alien brain [WTF?] growing out of a cancer survivor's toe; Dr. Sarah reconstructs a woman's twisted and dislocated toes; Dr. Brad takes a scalpel to a massive heel growth, but the patient refuses to take numbing shots.

Airs 6/15. Supersized episode also on 6/16.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I could have watched Dr. Ebonie extract warts from that guy's feet all the live long day. That was absolutely fascinating.

I'm amazed that her hands could hold up that long.  Her strength and that tool were amazing.  I've never heard of such a "core" implement.  She's probably being invited to various podiatry seminars and conventions all over the country.

I like him too-don't care that he's gay. Kind of suspected for a while but I never have had a problem with people's sexual preferences. He is very kind and treats his patients well. It always amazing to me how many people have jacked-up feet! Thank the Lord  they can get these folks some help.

• Love 3

Sometimes, Dr. Ebonie makes comments that come off as very immature. I’m not sure if it’s done for humor….drama…..idk.  It’s weird.  I guess Dr. Lee does it on Dr. Pimple Popper too.  

• Love 1

What is up with these people taking off their shoes and socks in public places? Tonight’s episode had the woman whose took them off in the park, and a few weeks ago it was a woman in a toy store. It seems fake, but I’m not sure why the show producers would want them to do it because it detracts from the reveal in the doctor’s office.

• Useful 1

I absolutely love all three of the doctors. They all seem to be so caring. I'm completely fascinated by the procedures and surgeries. Years ago, I badly sprained my right foot and didn't get the proper diagnosis nor care that the patients on the show get. I still have pain every now and then.

Dr. Brad's bedside manner is amazing. He was such a dear to the woman with the cutaneous horn and gnarled toenails. She was a hoot.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

He was such a dear to the woman with the cutaneous horn and gnarled toenails.

I just wonder if that horn will just keep growing back.  Because of the woman's terrible fear of needles, I wonder if he was able to get down deep enough.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

Dr. Brad's bedside manner is amazing. He was such a dear to the woman with the cutaneous horn and gnarled toenails. She was a hoot.

That woman (Karen?) was a total gem and made me smile from ear to ear.  Dr. Brad did a wonderful job of calming her fears.  Agree with @SunnyBeBe that Dr. Ebonie still has to work on that.  I'm surprised she didn't want to amputate the toe--that seems to be her go to move.  

All the cases this week were wicked cool.

3 hours ago, roughing it said:

I just wonder if that horn will just keep growing back.  Because of the woman's terrible fear of needles, I wonder if he was able to get down deep enough.  

My cousin had one removed from her forehead!  Seriously. An actual horn on the forehead.  She had dementia at the time so they gave her sedation and a local.  It healed pretty quickly and barely left a scar.  

22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Sometimes, Dr. Ebonie makes comments that come off as very immature. I’m not sure if it’s done for humor….drama…..idk.  It’s weird.  I guess Dr. Lee does it on Dr. Pimple Popper too.  

I've also heard Dr. Lee make questionable comments to male patients, like that they have "sexy legs." No one would stand for a male dr. making those comments to a female patient and rightfully so.

• Applause 1

A devoted husband hopes Dr. Sarah can rid his feet of fungus and save his marriage. What Dr. Brad's patient thinks is just a giant ward could be something much more dangerous. A woman with webbed toes and low self-esteem seeks Dr. Ebonie's help.

Airs 6/22.

Dr. Ebonie faces a bunion that looks like something from a horror movie; Dr. Brad helps a skateboarder with huge masses on the bottom of his foot; Dr. Sarah treats a bad case of fungus and disfigured toenails.

Airs 6/29.

A teen with the worst case of webbed toes Dr. Ebonie has ever seen; a woman with growths so aggressive they could cut off her toes; a woman with the callus the size of a block of parmesan cheese.

Airs 7/6.

A man with a monstrous mystery growing on his foot; a young woman whose foot looks like a hand; a woman with feet as hard as stone.

Airs 7/6; with bonus scenes.

Ref. the man with plantar fibromas.  Dr. Brad is removing them in surgery.  I have one on my left foot.  It acts up at times, but doesn’t give me too much pain.  I consulted with a top podiatrist with Duke Orthopedics, who told me to NOT have surgery on it.  So,…….

I wonder where Dr. Sarah is from.  She said her grandma told her she needed to eat more squirrel, if she wanted more energy. Lol. 

I think I've become hardened to things of the foot, because I can now watch most of the show.
At first, I was really grossed out by toenails, sores, and misshapened feet.
However, pimple popping remains my favorite.

• Love 1

I'm the same way. I can eat while watching this show. My boyfriend is looking through his fingers, but I think it's all so fascinating. The surgeries where they put all the toes back in alignment with plates and wires and screws—amazing!

I had two ingrown toenails removed a few years ago, and I was enthralled at the procedure.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2022 at 8:50 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I cannot imagine going through the procedures we are seeing.  Man…..

I was surprised to see Dr, Brad in NYC too!  So, he moved a medical office to the heart of NYC during covid!  Wow….I would imagine rent would be incredibly high.  I wonder how that works for a solo practitioner.  My law practice is in a trendy, high rent district in my state’s capital, but it’s manageable because the space is shared by multiple attorneys.   I guess he’s bringing in a lot. 

Actually I think during COVID it was just the opposite. Businesses in commercial districts were mostly closed (non-essential) and many companies not looking to expand their space or shop for new digs when the pandemic brought so much uncertainty. My understanding is that you could get great deals on commercial RE in late 2020 and early/mid 2021. Even now, most of Manhattan's business district is only pre-pandemic active a couple of days a week.

• Love 1