Type keyword(s) to search

Daredevil - General Discussion

• Start Topic

HAWKEYE Star Vincent D'Onofrio Confirms Disney+ TV Shows Were The Reason DAREDEVIL Was Cancelled
Josh Wilding    January 14, 2022
https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/daredevil/hawkeye-star-vincent-donofrio-confirms-disney-tv-shows-were-the-reason-daredevil-was-cancelled-a191040#gs.lu3z0h 

However, it was only a few years later that each series was cancelled in quick succession, even though it meant they didn't get proper endings. At the time, there were rumblings that this might be a result of Disney's plans to launch its own streaming service  (which we now know as Disney+), and Daredevil star Vincent D'Onofrio confirmed as much during a recent interview with Marvel News Desk.

"I don’t think any of us were okay," the actor said of the news Daredevil had been cancelled. "I think that we were like, 'Oh okay, we had a hit show and now it’s gone.' You know, at the same time the group #SaveDaredevil started to rise, we started to learn the reasons why that happened and so we understood what Marvel was doing because Disney+ coming out."

"You know when you’re in this business a long time like we have all been, it kind of made sense business-wise. What didn’t make sense to us was why we wouldn’t continue that show or the idea of how that worked and how well it worked," D'Onofrio continued. "Conceptually, I think we were disappointed but I think we all understood what was going on and it was sort of was inevitable."

The most likely reason Disney+ didn't launch with Daredevil season 4 is because Marvel Studios was never involved creatively with those Marvel Television TV shows. They stepped in to stop Jeph Loeb and company using characters they had plans for, but that was about it. Now, Kevin Feige is in charge of everything, and he clearly has plans to use these heroes and villains in very different ways.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Netflix's Daredevil Cracks Nielsen Streaming Top 10 in Wake of Related Spider-Man/Hawkeye Cameos
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 20 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/01/20/daredevil-tv-series-nielsen-streaming-week-of-december-20/

Marvel’s Daredevil emerged from a three-year long hibernation to crack Nielsen’s latest ranking of the Top 10 streaming originals.

The long-cancelled, MCU-adjacent superhero series’ renewed bingeability came in the wake of recent cameos by two major characters, in the box office blockbuster Spider-Man: No Way Home and in the final two episodes of Disney+’s Hawkeye series.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Daredevil, Luke Cage and Other Marvel Series Are Leaving Netflix — for Where?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 11 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/02/11/daredevil-jessica-jones-marvel-series-removed-from-netflix-march-2022/ 

On Friday morning, the Internet took notice of the fact that a sash noting “This show is available until March 1st” had been affixed to the Marvel title card of the streamer’s Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, The Defenders and The Punisher series. Oh and Iron Fist, too.

There is no official word yet about to where the six series’ collective libraries will be moving; TVLine has inquires into Disney+ and Hulu, both of which are owned in whole or in part by Marvel owner Disney.

A source confirms that the license for Netflix has ended and the rights have reverted to Disney, which will announced its plans at a later date.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 2/12/2022 at 8:11 AM, tv echo said:

Daredevil, Luke Cage and Other Marvel Series Are Leaving Netflix — for Where?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 11 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/02/11/daredevil-jessica-jones-marvel-series-removed-from-netflix-march-2022/ 

All are rehoming over at Disney+ starting March 16 http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2022/03/01/marvel-live-action-series-and-updated-parental-controls-in-the-us-coming-to-disneyplus-on-march-16-926011/20220301disney01/

• Love 3

Daredevil is now on Disney+...

Daredevil (2015-2018)
Blinded in an accident as a child, Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) uses his heightened senses as the vigilante, Daredevil, to fight crime on the streets of New York at night in this three-season series. Murdock’s day job as an attorney requires him to have faith in the criminal justice system, but his alter ego disagrees, leading him to take the law into his own hands.

Includes new video clip of Charlie Cox talking about Daredevil (starting at around the 7:15 mark)...

Celebrating Earth Day, Marvel's Daredevil, Better Nate Than Ever | What's Up, Disney+
Disney Plus   Apr 21, 2022

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

‘Daredevil’ Disney+ Series in the Works With Matt Corman, Chris Ord Set to Write (EXCLUSIVE)
By Joe Otterson    May 19, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/daredevil-disney-plus-series-matt-corman-chris-ord-1235272299/

A new “Daredevil” series is moving forward at Disney+, with Variety having exclusively learned from sources that Matt Corman and Chris Ord are attached to write and executive produce.
It now appears that the project is picking up steam with the hiring of Corman and Ord, although Marvel has yet to announce anything regarding the show formally.

‘Daredevil’ Disney+ Series in the Works at Marvel
BY BORYS KIT     MAY 19, 2022 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-disney-series-in-the-works-at-marvel-1235150713/ 

Matt Corman and Chris Ord have been tapped to write and exec produce a series that will be notable for being the first of the Netflix Marvel shows to get a new but continued series, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Will other characters be back? Especially Elodie Yung as Elektra (please, please, please)

The only two confirmed so far per the TV Line article (linked above!) are Charlie Cox (duh!) and Vincent D'Onofrio. I'm going to guess others will come back, though. Maybe even Rosario Dawson, since the Star Wars franchise shows she is currently involved with also air on Disney+...but I could be wrong there. It is just a guess on my part!

Being on this platform, I do wonder if the violence will be toned down versus what was shown on Netflix...?

She-Hulk Star Teases Charlie Cox's 'Amazing' Daredevil Return
By Aeron Mer Eclarinal   July 31, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/daredevil-charlie-cox-she-hulk-return 

Spoiler

After Marvel Studios' mega-sized panel at San Diego Comic-Con, She-Hulk star Tatiana Maslany talked about the confirmed inclusion of Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock in the MCU series. 

At the tail-end of the trailer, Daredevil appeared alongside Jennifer Walters on a rooftop, with the character wearing an upgraded costume. 

Includes snippet of Daredevil: Born Again presentation with Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio...

Marvel Studios Announcements at D23 Expo 2022
Marvel Entertainment   Sep 11, 2022

Includes comments by Charlie Cox...

MCU Stars LIVE from the Marvel Studios panel at D23 Expo 2022
Marvel Entertainment   Sep 10, 2022

Charlie Cox Shares the New Era of 'Daredevil', Touches on Life After 'Spider-Man' Appearance
Variety   Sep 10, 2022

CC also talked about Daredevil Born Again in this interview...

-- CC confirmed that the new series will be 18 episodes.

-- CC said that Feige wanted a "Season 1" and not a "Season 4," so it's a "whole new deal."

-- When asked who else in the MCU would he want to work with, CC said that Tom Hiddleston is one of his best friends, so it would be "so cool" to have him do even just a cameo "holding the Tesseract."

She-Hulk: Charlie Cox on Daredevil's Return (Exclusive)
Entertainment Tonight    Oct 9, 2022

Edited by tv echo

‘She-Hulk’ Star Charlie Cox Talks His Daredevil Return and Putting in a Good Word for His Past Marvel Co-Stars
BY BRIAN DAVIDS    OCTOBER 18, 2022
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/she-hulk-charlie-cox-on-daredevil-return-1235244194/ 

Well, a year ago, you were dutifully playing the denial game, and now, you’re tied to five different Marvel projects. So I take it you’re enjoying your second bite of the apple?
(Laughs.) Oh man, it feels like a rebirth. I never expected this to happen, so I’m loving every minute of it. I’m feeling incredibly fortunate and blessed that all of this panned out in the way that it did. In a weird way, we are just starting the journey, but I’m loving every second. I feel very, very grateful 
There’s so much debate about whether you’re currently playing the same Matt Murdock from Daredevil, but in She-Hulk episode eight, we heard Daredevil’s old theme song, we saw some of his old moves and homage was paid to his beloved hallway fights. So is he the same guy, just on a new trajectory within the MCU?
I honestly don’t know. I haven’t really gotten to that point with the writers of our next Daredevil show. So I haven’t read any scripts yet, and we haven’t really talked at length about what this current iteration will be like. Just by the fact that they’re using me as an actor to play the part, it’s clear that there are going to be some consistencies and there are also going to be some differences. What they are and how we integrate the two is going to be the challenge of the new show. These things are really complicated, and obviously, opinions are always divided. What people like is always varied, but we have an opportunity to at least take what worked really well and then also add some cool elements, ideas, concepts and themes that we weren’t able to do before. So it’s Daredevil, but upgraded.

People keep thinking it has to be one way or the other, but you guys can really have it both ways. You can put him on a new path while referencing his past, selectively. 
Right. Absolutely.
So now that you’re the apple of Marvel Studios’ eye, can you do us all a favor and put in a good word for Jessica Henwick’s Colleen Wing? She’s too good to not get the Cox/D’Onofrio treatment.
(Laughs.) Yeah, she’s amazing. She’s amazing. Look, I agree with you, wholeheartedly. I could also say that about a number of people that I worked with not only on Daredevil, but also on the other shows we did there. So I don’t know what they’re thinking, but I will absolutely put in a good word. And you’re 100 percent right about that. [Jessica] is awesome. And I did get a lovely text from her the other day saying that she read the news and was thrilled for me.
I spoke to Vincent D’Onofrio for Hawkeye, and he told me that the two of you served as each other’s Marvel support line. Do you still have these long phone calls?
(Laughs.) Yeah, but now they’re actually filled with facts rather than [hearsay]. For years, we would just speak as friends. The show had ended, and everything else had moved on, so we were just mates. But he would always say, “They’re going to call us.” And I’d get off the phone and be like, “No, they’re not, buddy. It’s over. Let it go. Too much time has passed.” So he was right all along. I really thought he was delusional about that. (Laughs.) We chatted the other day, and I was like, “What do you know?” And he’s like, “Well, I heard this, and when I spoke to the writers, they told me this.” And I was like, “Well, I heard this. So maybe that makes sense.”

On a similar note as Jessica, I spoke to Tatiana Maslany yesterday, and I’m supposed to pressure you to cast her on Daredevil: Born Again so that the two of you can debate superhero privacy some more.
(Laughs.) I just love the idea that you or her or anyone thinks that I have casting abilities. Listen, I could not be more enthused by that idea. I really hope that it happens. I’m also very sheepish about talking about any casting or any characters, because I don’t want to say something that then becomes a news story and kind of influences the writers in a way. I like to let them do their job, and I’ll do mine. But I had such fun working with [Tatiana]. I happen to think she’s one of the great actors of our generation. So that, in and of itself, as well as being a lovely person, it was just such a thrill and a joy to work with her. So I would absolutely love that, but who knows? We’ll have to see. We’ve got 18 episodes for it to happen, so maybe. 

Edited by tv echo

‘She-Hulk’: Charlie Cox Talks the Return of Matt Murdock and Daredevil
BY RACHEL PAIGE    October 19, 2022
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/she-hulk-charlie-cox-matt-murdock-daredevil 

MARVEL.COM: Are some of these fight scenes muscle memory for you now at this point?

CHARLIE COX: Yes and no. Yes insofar as I've done enough of them now that I can do quite a lot of the stuff. At the same time, I did feel quite rusty. Knowing that we're gearing up for Daredevil: Born Again how, I have started kind of doing some MMA training again. That's something that I would like to be more familiar with when we get into this other show so that when we do see him in combat, we are able to at times recognize rather than just someone who's like a bit of a brawler, someone that has had training in various disciplines and is able to employ certain techniques depending on who he's fighting.

Every Marvel Cinematic Universe TV show, ranked
By Samantha Nelson, Tasha Robinson, and Zosha Millman  Updated Nov 25, 2022
https://www.polygon.com/tv/22561233/mcu-tv-shows-ranked-marvel-cinematic-universe

1. DAREDEVIL (2015-2018)
The first of the Netflix MCU shows, Daredevil established the darker, street-level tone of the venture while still feeling very much like a superhero story, complete with costumes, secret identities, and spectacular fights. The one-shot hallway fight scene proved that Marvel didn’t need a movie-sized budget to create epic set pieces, while the battle between Daredevil (Charlie Cox) and Bullseye (Wilson Bethel), which weaponizes every stray object found in a newsroom provides a strange mix of high stakes and whimsy.

But even more astounding than the combats are the performances. Cox is absolutely believable in his portrayal of a hero driven by a mix of rage and Catholic guilt as he tries to make the world better, both as a lawyer and as a vigilante. Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin is a study in how to make a compelling villain. The show is also a launchpad for The Punisher, with Frank Castle serving as a perfect cautionary tale of what Matt Murdock could become if his friends don’t keep him in check. Daredevil isn’t perfect: The back half of the second season descends into an endless onslaught of ninja to set up The Defenders, and the writers never seemed to know what to do with some of the supporting cast. But the show never failed to be creative and ambitious, and its finale provided a satisfying and hopeful conclusion to a major chapter in superhero television. —SN 

• Love 1

‘Daredevil: Born Again’: Michael Gandolfini Joins Charlie Cox & Vincent D’Onofrio In Disney+ Series
By Nellie Andreeva     December 1, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/12/daredevil-born-again-michael-gandolfini-charlie-cox-vincent-donofrio-disney-plus-series-1235186700/ 

Michael Gandolfini (The Many Saints of Newark) is set for a major role opposite Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio in Daredevil: Born Again, Marvel’s upcoming revival series on Disney+, sources tell Deadline.
Details about Gandolfini’s character are being kept under wraps; it’s possible he plays an ambitious guy from Staten Island referred to as Liam. Reps for Marvel and Gandolfini had no comment.

‘Daredevil: Born Again’: Margarita Levieva & Sandrine Holt Join Disney+ Series
By Nellie Andreeva     December 5, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/12/daredevil-born-again-margarita-levieva-amp-sandrine-holt-cast-disney-plus-series-1235189804/

EXCLUSIVE: Margarita Levieva (The Deuce) and Sandrine Holt (American Gigolo) are set for major roles opposite Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio in Daredevil: Born Again, Marvel’s upcoming revival series on Disney+, sources tell Deadline.
Details about Levieva’s and Holt’s characters are being kept under wraps; I hear they may be playing love interests for the leads. Reps for Marvel, Levieva and Holt declined comment.

Edited by tv echo

He will start shooting Daredevil: Born Again (18 episodes) in February and finish in December 2023 (basically, all year)...

Charlie Cox: “If the ‘Daredevil’ reboot doesn’t hit the spot, then that might be it”
By Olly Richards   December 22, 2022
https://www.nme.com/features/tv-interviews/charlie-cox-daredevil-treason-netflix-interview-3369586 

Cox first played Matt Murdock, the small-time New York lawyer who has a sideline as a leather-clad crime fighter despite being blind, in Netflix’s series, which ran for three seasons from 2015-18. Well-received critically and commercially, it was a great moment in Cox’s career, and one he thought was done, until he got a call a couple of years ago. “Kevin Feige [head of Marvel Studios] called and said, ‘We’d like to bring you into the MCU’,” says Cox.

... Daredevil is, so far, the only lead character Feige has welcomed from the Netflix universe. “I was over the moon,” says Cox. “I love this character.” Feige gave Murdock a cameo in Spider-Man: No Way Home and a guest spot on She-Hulk. “He said, ‘After that, we’re not sure. We’ll see’.”
The reception to both was so good that Daredevil will now return in 2024 in his own Disney+ show, Daredevil: Born Again. Cox is excited about exploring another version of the character. “This has to be a reincarnation, it has to be different, otherwise why are we doing it?” he says. The episode of She-Hulk, in which he had a one-night stand with the title character, showed Murdock as “quick-witted and funny and charismatic and carefree at times,” which is very different from the brooding Netflix version. “My opinion is this character works best when he’s geared towards a slightly more mature audience. My instinct is that on Disney+ it will be dark but it probably won’t be as gory.” He knows there are people who will be hoping for simply a continuation of the previous series. “I would say to those people, we’ve done that. Let’s take the things that really worked, but can we broaden? Can we appeal to a slightly younger audience without losing what we’ve learned about what works?”

Marvel is putting a lot of faith in Daredevil: Born Again. So much faith that they’re giving it a massive 18 episodes. That’s a number unheard of in streaming shows. Other Marvel shows on Disney+ have got no more than nine. “x says he knows little of what the show will entail. He says he hasn’t seen any scripts or outlines, which feels hard to believe, but he says it very convincingly.

“I’m fascinated to discover why they’ve chosen to do 18,” he says. “I’m imagining there’s going to be an element to it that is like the old-school procedural show. Not necessarily case-of-the-week, but something where we go really deep into Matt Murdock the lawyer and get to see what his life is like. If that’s done right and he really gets his hands dirty with that world… I think there’s something quite interesting about that, to spend a lot of time in a superhero’s day-to-day life and you really earn the moments when he suits up.”

As evidently excited as he is about Daredevil’s return, there’s a note of caution in Cox’s answers. “You said earlier that I could be busy for years, and I thought, ‘Yeah, maybe. Hopefully’,” he says. “But if this show next year doesn’t hit the spot, then that might be it. Then it’s back to…” He doesn’t finish that thought. He’s not expressing any doubt in Marvel’s ability to make the series work, but protecting himself from great expectations. He’s not taking his big return for granted. Because he’s made that mistake before.
He doesn’t say this to moan, but to illustrate why he doesn’t take anything for granted. “You have to do everything in your power to enjoy the moments of success when you’re experiencing them,” he says. It also explains why he’s returning to play Daredevil. He’s not so proud and precious that he feels anything negative about returning to past glories. “I’m incredibly grateful Daredevil’s coming back,” he says. “I love playing this character. How much longer at my age can I play the lead in a superhero film or TV show? Not very long, probably.”

On the day we meet, in mid-December, Cox is two days off his 40th birthday. He’s feeling OK about it, he says. He’s not yet fully in training to play Daredevil again, but he knows it’s going to be tougher than when he was in his mid-thirties. “I don’t remember the last time I didn’t have any [physical] issues,” he laughs. “My shoulder’s done. My knees are in bad shape. My back’s gone.” He guffaws. He says he’s now just used to the fact his body makes a lot of cracks and crunches when he moves around, but he sees plenty of action actors who don’t let a few noisy bones slow them down. “I was at a comic book convention a couple of weekends ago and Jean-Claude Van Damme was there,” he says. “I thought, ‘his body must be making a lot of noise. When he walks around you must be able to hear him!’”

Edited by tv echo

No, Charlie Cox's Daredevil won't be in Marvel's Deadpool 3
By Tom Power published 1 day ago
https://www.techradar.com/news/no-charlie-coxs-daredevil-wont-be-in-marvels-deadpool-3

In an exclusive chat with TechRadar, Cox confirmed he won't be making a cameo in Deadpool 3, let alone feature in a larger capacity. Instead, the next time we'll see The Man Without Fear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) – outside of a potential cameo in Echo's Marvel Phase 5 TV show – will be in his own standalone MCU Disney Plus series, aka Daredevil: Born Again.

Curiously, Cox was clarifying an answer he gave at Germany's Roster Con 2022. During a panel at the Dortmund-based event, Cox suggested that Born Again would be similar in tone – from humor and action perspectives – to Deadpool. To the delight of the crowd, Cox also said "there's a place for Daredevil to show up in Deadpool", before adding: "Great, now that'll be a news story".
"Oh god, what did I say again?" Cox asked when TechRadar brought up Daredevil's potential appearance in Deadpool 3. After reminding him about his Roster Con answer, he added: "Oh yeah, I said that in Germany, didn't I? I can tell you now, I'm definitely not in Deadpool 3."

Edited by tv echo

While doing press for his new Netflix spy drama, Treason, Charlie Cox also answered a few questions about Daredevil: Born Again...

Charlie Cox didn't have a clue about that big Treason twist, either
By Jack King   December 27, 2022
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/charlie-cox-interview-2022

Now that the excitement around Daredevil's return to the MCU has quietened down a bit, have you settled back into the role?
No, no. To date I've only done that cameo in Spider-Man and the one episode in She-Hulk, which was tonally so different from anything I'd done before. So no, I'm now in the process of preparing for next year when we shoot the show: I've re-reading the comics from start to finish, and I'm just starting to try to get back into shape for a role like that. I think because of the number of episodes they've committed to, there'll be a heavy influence of courtroom stuff — Matt Murdoch the lawyer in the new show. So I'm heavily focused on researching that area of this character, and his life. It was one of the areas we didn't do a huge amount exploration around before. Even my accent is probably really rusty. 

No, I'm really excited. I'm right in the thick of preparing for next year, and getting back into it. I think it's important that I don't just take it for granted that I know that character now and just show up and say the lines, I think you've got to reinvestigate and recommit yourself as if it was a first time job again, and that's how you'll continue to find the nuance and deepen the character to make the show as good as it can be.

Do you have a date for when you'll be stepping back on set?
No, I don't have an actual date. I believe it's like the first quarter of next year. So I'm imagining February or March.

Edited by tv echo

Charlie Cox on Treason, Daredevil: Born Again and his rebellious streak
Chris Mandle    December 26, 2022
https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/charlie-cox-interview-treason-netflix-daredevil-born-again-disney-plus-2046338 

Cox is getting ready to play Murdock again for his next project – Marvel is relaunching the character in the 2024 Disney+ show Daredevil: Born Again. To whet appetites, he briefly appeared in 2021’s Spider-man: No Way Home, as well as the 2022 series She-Hulk. 

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has grown exhausting in scope as it has introduced the concept of “multiverses”. I ask Cox if this Matt Murdock is the same one from the original Netflix show or if he’s playing a new character. “I don’t think it’s a different character. I just think it’s maybe a different period of his life. I don’t think my interpretation will change – they hired the same actor. We’re saying this is a whole new… era, or variant?” He pauses for a moment. “I haven’t read the scripts, so I don’t know. But like, it’s part of the multiverse?”

The tone of She-Hulk – a looser, goofy meta-legal procedural — gave Cox new ways of playing Murdock, which he expects will continue in Born Again. “The only way I’ll change is if, tonally, the show is very different.” The series shares a name with a Daredevil comic series, but Cox thinks it was likely chosen to be on-the-nose. “I don’t think anyone should read into the name as to the kind of stories that we’re going to tell.”

Edited by tv echo

‘Daredevil: Born Again’: Nikki M. James Boards Disney+ Series
By Rosy Cordero   January 17, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/01/daredevil-born-again-nikki-m-james-disney-plus-series-1235225369/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Nikki M. James (The Book of Mormon) has been cast in Marvel’s upcoming revival series on Disney+, Daredevil: Born Again, Deadline has learned.

Details regarding her character are being kept under wraps. Marvel declined to comment.

Edited by tv echo

So, I just finished watching the entire series over the last month. It was really well done, and I regularly consulted the old vaulted forum where I could read episode by episode.

I'm not a comic book reader and I greatly appreciated how nobody spoiled certain plot points in the forums about the various characters. Maybe that's a forum rule, but it was nice being surprised. 

The only thing that I was spolied about was that I knew that Fisk never died, because I saw him in the Hawkeye series. 

I haven't watched any of the other Marvel Netflix series, but I just started watching The Defenders (finished episode one) because I wanted to see what happened with the whole Elektra business.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, aemom said:

I haven't watched any of the other Marvel Netflix series, but I just started watching The Defenders (finished episode one) because I wanted to see what happened with the whole Elektra business.

Did you watch all of Daredevil before going back to watch The Defenders? Season three must have been a bit confusing for you - Defenders came before it, and then S3 picked up in the aftermath. Were you able to catch up and figure out what was going on from context?

I think I did it the other way around, looking back - I watched The Defenders first, because I love a good team-up, and then went back and watched all the individual shows!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Llywela said:

Did you watch all of Daredevil before going back to watch The Defenders? Season three must have been a bit confusing for you - Defenders came before it, and then S3 picked up in the aftermath. Were you able to catch up and figure out what was going on from context?

I think I did it the other way around, looking back - I watched The Defenders first, because I love a good team-up, and then went back and watched all the individual shows!

When we watched S03E01 of Daredevil, I said to myself: Something is very weird here.  So afterwards, I carefully googled (to avoid being spoiled), and discovered that all these other shows merged here and that The Defenders happened between S2 and S3.  I mentioned that to my husband who said that he didn't want to be jumping back and forth between shows, so we just kept rolling and are now going back.  I would have stopped, and I honestly think that he's a bit confused now going back, but I'm saying nothing. ;)

Ironically, we started watching Daredevil because we watched She-Hulk and when I read the message boards here after he appeared on that show, everyone seemed to go on and on about what a good show Daredevil was, so we decided to give it a go.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, aemom said:

When we watched S03E01 of Daredevil, I said to myself: Something is very weird here.  So afterwards, I carefully googled (to avoid being spoiled), and discovered that all these other shows merged here and that The Defenders happened between S2 and S3.  I mentioned that to my husband who said that he didn't want to be jumping back and forth between shows, so we just kept rolling and are now going back.  I would have stopped, and I honestly think that he's a bit confused now going back, but I'm saying nothing. ;)

Ironically, we started watching Daredevil because we watched She-Hulk and when I read the message boards here after he appeared on that show, everyone seemed to go on and on about what a good show Daredevil was, so we decided to give it a go.

I can imagine how confusing it must have been! S3 picks up in such a hugely different place than S2 left off, so if you didn't know that was coming, you must have wondered what in the world was going on.

If you ever do a rewatch, I do recommend slotting Defenders in between S2 and S3 just to experience the story in order. That's what I did, having watched Defenders first before going on to the individual shows. I watched Daredevil S1-2 and then re-watched Defenders to see what I would make of it now I understood more about the characters and their world - and it did hit different, having that background knowledge. It doesn't have as much impact on the other shows, missing out on the team-up in the middle, but for Daredevil the impact is huge - as you discovered!

• Like 2
On 2/16/2023 at 11:35 AM, Llywela said:

I can imagine how confusing it must have been! S3 picks up in such a hugely different place than S2 left off, so if you didn't know that was coming, you must have wondered what in the world was going on.

If you ever do a rewatch, I do recommend slotting Defenders in between S2 and S3 just to experience the story in order. That's what I did, having watched Defenders first before going on to the individual shows. I watched Daredevil S1-2 and then re-watched Defenders to see what I would make of it now I understood more about the characters and their world - and it did hit different, having that background knowledge. It doesn't have as much impact on the other shows, missing out on the team-up in the middle, but for Daredevil the impact is huge - as you discovered!

I always do that, I basically regard The Defenders as Daredevil season 2.5, makes for a pretty coherent storyline (except for the retconning of The Hand/The Chaste/Madam Gau that started in Iron Fist and continued into The Defenders).

• Like 2

‘Daredevil: Born Again’ Lands ‘Dexter’ Director Michael Cuesta (Exclusive)
BY BORYS KIT   MARCH 10, 2023
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-born-again-lands-director-1235346034/

Michael Cuesta, the director behind the pilots for shows such as Dexter and Homeland, is helming the first episode for Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again.
Other actors on the call sheet include Michael Gandolfini, Margarita Levieva and Sandrine Holt, the latter of whom is playing Vanessa Fisk, the wife of Fisk. Michael Gaston (Chicago P.D., Mayor of Kingstown) is also in the series.

Edited by tv echo

Daredevil: Born Again writer-producer Aisha Porter-Christie will be part of a March 25th panel at WonderCon 2023 (Anaheim, CA)...

https://wondercon2023.sched.com/list/descriptions/type/1%3A+Programs 

Intro to TV Writing: From First Draft to Getting Staffed

Moderator Spiro Skentzos (Arrow) and genre writer-producers Aisha Porter-Christie (Daredevil: Born Again), Jeffrey Lieber (various), Teresa Huang (Tom Swift), Jim Adler (The Good Doctor), as well as Chad Kennedy (EVP development & production, Magic Quill Productions), discuss navigating the TV spec terrain, including beginner’s mistakes, what they look for in a writer, and what it takes for you to write a killer spec that will stand above the crowd. There will be a large Q&A component, so bring your questions.

Saturday March 25, 2023 3:00pm - 4:00pm PDT

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

‘Daredevil: Born Again’ Production Suspended After Striking Writers Picket Disney+ Series
By Nellie Andreeva    May 8, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/05/writers-strike-daredevil-born-again-production-shut-down-1235359162/ 

Daredevil: Born Again, Marvel’s upcoming revival on Disney+, is the latest New York-based TV series whose production has been disrupted by the WGA strike.

“WGA members on strike set up a sunrise picket at Silvercup East, where they’re supposed to be filming Daredevil, but members of the Teamster Local 817 and IATSE Locals 829 and 52 are refusing to cross the picket line,” WGA East said on Twitter early Monday.

According to sources, the show wrapped for the day after 1 PM ET with no filming done for the day. Production is slated to continue tomorrow, sources said.

“Looks like we’re done for the day at Silvercup East as Daredevil has called their day in response to a #WGASTRONG picket with line help from @SAGAFTRA and #Local802,” veteran showrunner (and WGA strike captain) Warren Leight, who has been documenting the guild’s production picketing oprrations around the city, wrote on Twitter.

Daredevil: Born Again, which has been filming in and around New York, is two months into an eight-month shoot on a 18-episode new season for Disney+.

Edited by tv echo