Type keyword(s) to search

Kalinda Sharma: Bisexual Badass

I like Kalinda, but I'm disappointed that they didn't do more with her. Sex, sex, sex, shady, sex, shady, shady sex... OK, WE GET IT, Kalinda has a sex life and often uses it to get what she wants.

And I'm still trying to figure out why Archie never appears with any of the scenes with JM. Maybe they're saving something like that up for the final episode. When Kalinda has SHADY SEX with Alicia. Hehe. Ha, who knows with this show.

When Kalinda has SHADY SEX with Alicia. Hehe. Ha, who knows with this show.

I could see her planting a big giant smooch on Alicia and then strutting away in those big old boots with an all knowing (and satisfied) grin/smirk on her face!

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think JM is unique in this. I can't think of ANY female lead in TV drama who has allowed another female to overshadow her. And going back to the Depression, Shirley Temple was a set diva in the movies

Edited by whatsatool
(edited)

Carol Burnett??? Any comedy show with Betty White in a secondary role?  Oops, I guess I should be referring to drama.....where I can't think of any female off the top of my head.Hmmm......

Edited by Janimo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yes I did think of Betty White. But with the exception of Tina Fey, rarely in even comedy, (I amended my original statement), is the second banana as sexy as Kalinda was. Either you have ensemble like Sex in the City, Friends, or you have TGW, Madam Secretary, That Girl, where there is a clear star.

Edited by whatsatool
(edited)

I don't think JM is unique in this. I can't think of ANY female lead in TV drama who has allowed another female to overshadow her

Kalinda/Alicia?  It's not about what one allows, it is about what happens.  Now  I guess I'm just playing!  Carry on.....

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1
(edited)

I find it hysterical that the writers or someone made sure we got a scene of Kalinda in the frozen food section. 

(after reading the VF article)

That is telling enough for me.

Someone is TeamArchie. 

I think JM and The Kings are just waiting for this story to go away.

Any comments from their camps now is just going to get the story more attention.

Edited by SaabStory
  • Love 1
(edited)
I don't think JM is unique in this. I can't think of ANY female lead in TV drama who has allowed another female to overshadow her. And going back to the Depression, Shirley Temple was a set diva in the movies

All of my examples are comedy, but SATC is a great analogy, a comedy-drama that had the star also be its executive producer for Season 3-6 IIRC.  Another comedy drama is Orange is the New Black, 5 million female costars supporting the lead Taylor Schilling.

Courteney Cox was intended as the face/fame of Friends, but was graciously fine with Jennifer Aniston becoming a breakout star - Jen is the godmother of her kid is she not?

In my opinion Kim Catrall was many fans' favourites on Sex and the City, and even if (No clue and I don't care if) SJP viciously hates her, they never ever let it ruin the show or have it affect the fans.  I think it's very clear that SJP was supposed to be the STAR of the show, yet it worked fantastically as a pretty even ensemble.  Kim got the biggest laughs, IMO and SJP was a producer for the last few years.

Also reminds me of Karen Walker on Will & Grace.  It's not like Debra Messing froze Karen out of anything.

Not many people besides me liked Whitney, but Whitney Cumming seemed to champion her female costars - they were comedic relief and had their own love interests and storylines, and now Rhea Seehorn is on Better Call Saul and Zoe Lister Jones is on New Girl.

I'm sure Taylor Schilling is fine with all of the millions of other women on Orange is the New Black, winning accolades and awards left and right, I've seen no evidence to the contrary.

I've watched Julia Louis Dreyfus as the star of TNAOC and Veep, with great female costars like Wanda Sykes (obviously a major comedic voice, which is also obvious on the show) and Anna Chlumsky.

Parks and Recreation with Amy Poehler seeming to champion her female costars (Retta, Aubrey, and Rashida) every chance she gets..

Soo... hmmm.....

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

Yes I did think of Betty White. But with the exception of Tina Fey, rarely in even comedy, (I amended my original statement), is the second banana as sexy as Kalinda was. Either you have ensemble like Sex in the City, Friends, or you have TGW, Madam Secretary, That Girl, where there is a clear star.

Ms. Blue Jay kind of beat me to this, but my suggestion anyway is New Girl. Not only does Zooey share screen time with Hannah Simone, but at times they have a similar look, as do many of the female guest stars - gorgeous brunnettes, most of them. I would have expected Zooey to be a diva but she seems to enjoy having her star vehicle evolve into a solid ensemble. I am sure there are many other examples, even in the dramatic end, if only I wasn't too tired to think of them.

• Love 2
(edited)

Archie Panjabi, Ciaran Hinds, Anna Chancellor join BBC's 'Shetland' for Season 3

Season 3 has already begun shooting in Scotland and is expected to wrap this summer.

Nice interview with her from back in May Archie Panjabi on leaving The Good Wife, her future on The Fall and what's next for her

You're going to be in the third series of the BBC drama Shetland, too. What appealed to you about that role?
"We tried to do something last year when I was on The Good Wife but it didn't work out, and I've worked with Douglas [Henshall] before – we did an Italian film together years ago and I really loved working with him. The role which they first sent me just sounded so right for me, but then I read the scripts – I read them on a flight and I couldn't put them down. I thought, 'This sounds good!' It's a really interesting project – I wanted to know what was happening in it. Because it is such a page-turner, I don't want to give too much away other than I do become involved with Perez, played by Douglas."
Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 1