Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: Week 9

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

Regarding the bolded, he IS being labeled for this one thing. Vile, mentally unstable, gaslighter, psychopath, abusive, etc. These are all labels being thrown at him over something that really doesn't warrant it.

For every person just venting on a message board, there are probably 10 others going onto social media and throwing those words around directly at him/Katie/anyone involved in the show and it seems way over the top. 

Facts. It's why I said, Greg's behavior sure as hell isn't what I find toxic and disturbing regarding this show and franchise.

1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Perhaps I "heard" between the lines. His mother said, "So great to see the light back on in him--but getting hurt, getting crushed...that would be my biggest fear."

His mother's using the words "crushed" and "biggest fear" regarding an adult male (on television)? They seem like "doubts" to me.  I think there's some history that causes her worry.

That's like common franchise speak for the Hometown Dates. There is always some family member of a contestant or two worried about the contestant getting their heart broken. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/3/2021 at 3:15 PM, Irlandesa said:

Katilyn got on the floor.  I can't imagine Chris doing that.  And she gave softball questions because she could see Katie was hurting.  And then she went into the bathroom and held Katie. 

I can't imagine Chris doing that

Chris was vilified for asking that Racheal have a chance to explain choices she had made.

If he had tried to hold Katie, he would be in jail now on assault charges, 

Gotta say, I’m surprised by all the Greg hate. I mean, many of us did not exhibit our best behavior when we were arguing or breaking up with someone, especially in our 20’s… or maybe that was just me and my former boyfriends! I’m grateful no one was recording my dating history in my 20’s and thank God there was no social media way back then!

I see both Greg and Katie as young people who haven’t learned how to clearly communicate their needs/feelings/wants. Maybe it was just how it was edited, but I kept wondering why Greg didn’t say, “I’d like you to just leave with me right now and start our life together.” Or why Katie didn’t say, “Are you asking me to end the show now and start our life together?” But they both just kinda danced around it, wanting the other person to figure out what they were thinking (at least that’s what I saw happening).

6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

That's like common franchise speak for the Hometown Dates. There is always some family member of a contestant or two worried about the contestant getting their heart broken. 

I felt there was more to it ... the way Greg's mother looked when she spoke.  I know someone always says, "I don't want him/her to get his heart broken."  This seemed like a mother of someone who doesn't handle disappointment well--or at all.

7 hours ago, halkatla said:

I would have loved it if he had said that he wasn´t ready or wasn´t feeling it when he was dumping Katie.

Wait!  He couldn't say anything like that. He WAS ready. He WAS "feeling it"...desperately. Isn't this the entire problem?  He was in love with her; he hoped she was in love with him, but he worried. He needed her to confirm it by being:

• Vocal
  • Encouraging
  • Empathetic
  • Loving
  • Patient

That said, Greg would be a lot of work as a partner.  A LOT OF WORK.  He needs a woman who is more experienced--maybe a few years older than he.

1 hour ago, Blintzie said:

Gotta say, I’m surprised by all the Greg hate. I mean, many of us did not exhibit our best behavior when we were arguing or breaking up with someone, especially in our 20’s… or maybe that was just me and my former boyfriends! I’m grateful no one was recording my dating history in my 20’s and thank God there was no social media way back then!

I see both Greg and Katie as young people who haven’t learned how to clearly communicate their needs/feelings/wants. Maybe it was just how it was edited, but I kept wondering why Greg didn’t say, “I’d like you to just leave with me right now and start our life together.” Or why Katie didn’t say, “Are you asking me to end the show now and start our life together?” But they both just kinda danced around it, wanting the other person to figure out what they were thinking (at least that’s what I saw happening).

Exactly!  Break ups bring up a lot of emotions and aren't predictable-  I remember in my early 20's  I was so pissed off at a boyfriend suddenly choosing to end things right after I got out of the shower that I forgot how to wear a towel!  I wrapped it around my neck like a pashmina scarf in my dorm room while yelling at him 😄!  In my 30's I have an exit plan: I secretly order an Uber as soon as I realize I'm being broken up with, cut the guy off 3 minutes in and announce that I'm leaving to get my Uber to go home and then I walk tall to that ride without looking back! 

7 hours ago, Blintzie said:

I agree .. I actually found it refreshing that “ bachelor talk “ was being put to the side ( on Greg’s end ) and real emotions were speaking . Again , he might be an amazing actor , I’m not sure if his feelings were real or whether he was auditioning/ playing a part . But that aside , real fights and break ups aren’t always so sweet. In fact , most aren’t . It was nice to see what looked like genuine hurt rather than perfect soldiers playing their part as this show usually does . 

Katie is 30, isn't she? Greg is 27.

Greg reminded me of an ex-boyfriend who would suddenly turn cold on me. And when you ask him what is the matter, his response would be, "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you!"

It was maddening. How does anything get resolved if that is your method of communicating? 

Greg probably did want Katie to profess her love, screw the show, and start their life together. Katie probably had constant pressure from production to not pull a "Claire". We've had a string of Bachelors and B'ettes profess their love for more than one person, when that was taboo in earlier seasons. Katie vowed to not say it until there was that last man standing. They were coming from different places and mindsets and they couldn't (or wouldn't) communicate that.

1 hour ago, deSchenke said:

Greg probably did want Katie to profess her love, screw the show, and start their life together.

YES!  And if he didn't see that happen on a previous season (live), there was certainly enough publicity 🤢🤢 about it.  I think he thought he deserved that...and it would happen.

Or maybe Greg wanted to see her glowing back at him, her eyes welling up with happiness - not staring around in an inane manner, like he'd just told her what his usual order at Starbucks was, smiling like a pageant queen and then saying she loved looking at him

Edited by violet and green
italics fail
On 8/7/2021 at 1:35 AM, Back Atcha said:

That said, Greg would be a lot of work as a partner.  A LOT OF WORK.  He needs a woman who is more experienced--maybe a few years older than he.

IMO, I think the older and more experienced a woman is, the less likely she'd put up with a Greg.  Women with more experience likely already had their Gregs and realize that there's nothing they can do to "fix" them.  He'd need constant reassurance and who has time for that?