Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: Week 9

• Start Topic

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, Canadians actually ride moose?! I thought the mechanical moose instead of a bull was just a joke, but Mama Blake is all, “pppfffttt, he rides moose!” They’re pulling our legs, right? Is maple syrup shots really a thing? Stupid American over here.

2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Wait, Canadians actually ride moose?! I thought the mechanical moose instead of a bull was just a joke, but Mama Blake is all, “pppfffttt, he rides moose!” They’re pulling our legs, right? Is maple syrup shots really a thing? Stupid American over here.

Nope and nope.   Those are both things we talk about to pull the leg of naive Americans.    Also, no igloos or dog sleds in the big city either.   I think he is from Toronto which is a similar size to Chicago.  

Edited by DEL901
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

Those cuts to Greg are killing me. 

"Hello darkness my old friend..." 

He almost pulled a Full Mesnick. So close!

1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

Nope and nope.   Those are both things we talk about to pull the leg of naive Americans. 

Ok, I thought so…but then Mom nearly had me convinced! Couldn’t be… lol.

9 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Ok, I thought so…but then Mom nearly had me convinced! Couldn’t be… lol.

I worked with a guy….when he was in high school band(pre internet days), they went south and did something band related with a school in Florida.  Then their counterparts came north in July.   He had them convinced we had snow year round and they all showed up with parkas.  He got in a lot of trouble.   Toronto weather is like Chicago or New York.  

Justin’s parents are smart.  Plus, there would also have been a quarantine which is a big commitment when your kid has only 1/4 chance to be engages and a 1/1000 chance of actually getting hitched.  

I forgot that the families have to quarantine for two weeks. I can’t imagine being able to take two weeks off, unless you can telecommute and even then, that’s a big undertaking for the average family. 

That said, did they say why Blake’s dad wasn’t there? I don’t know if he’s in the picture or he passed?

Edited by Kiss my mutt
3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I forgot that the families have to quarantine for two weeks. I can’t imagine being able to take two weeks off, unless you can telecommute and even then, that’s a big undertaking for the average family. 

And when this was filmed, it would be another 2 week quarantine when they returned to Canada. (Now, if you are vaccinated, you can skip the quarantine).  That’s quite a commitment.  

Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

I guess Greg got the “looks” in the family. How many kids does his sister have? 

I was coming to post the same thing! Greg and Justin are really handsome, Blake not so much. I think Katie likes all the attention but not sure she is actually falling in love or the men were her.

Sooo… This preview they keep showing… So far, all is good! Katie is saying Greg is a finalist. Greg is saying he’s in love and they already decided Katie is moving to NY. (Buuut, this might also be like how she told Michael she’ll bring the juice boxes to preschool or whatever.) It seems like Greg is the clear winner. How is this all going to go wrong???

5 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

It seems like Greg is the clear winner. How is this all going to go wrong???

Because Greg is Mr. Mopey McMoperson. Gah, who wants to live with that. He can't even fake a happy smile. Except "happy smile" isn't in his script. Greg's out IMO. Good to find out now Katie that he's a little baby.

Contestants who have never watched this franchise really irritate me *coughGregcough*.

14 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Yes, of course, because like Blake says, there are NO HORSES in Canada.

Yes, makes for some interesting events at the Calgary Stampede.    

I've read the spoilers and I know how some interpreted this Greg/Katie situation but watching this, I really think things flipped because of Katie's reaction to Greg's saying he loved her and saw himself proposing. Honestly, unless that was editing, her reaction confused the hell out of me, so I can't blame Greg if he was confused. 

The guy literally sat there bawling about his dad's death and saying how being with Katie was the first time since he lost his father he felt so happy. And she just sat there with this frozen plastered smile on her face saying nothing. Honestly, if Greg has watched this franchise before, my guess is he took  Katie's reaction as, "it's not me but there's still a show to film and she doesn't know how to respond here because she doesn't want to lie and lead me on. But nope, definitely not me."

Yeah Katie's saying there's still a process and we get that. But nah, girl could have said and done way more in that moment than she said and did. 

I might be alone in this, but I’m Team Greg here. He has a point. He’s pouring his heart out and crying and saying how much he loves her, and she’s just looking at him and saying, “I like the way you look.” What?!? It’s true that she expects the guys to “tell her where their heart is at” but she can’t do the same? That’s bullshit. Plenty of leads have said I love you at this point—sometimes to multiple people, and maybe Katie doesn’t want to do that, but if it really is him, just tell him you love him!

I have been Team Greg for awhile, and he does have a point that he needs a few bigger signs from Katie that she's into him, but come on dude, you've seen the show! Don't pull a Clare, just play the game and stick it out until the end! Honestly this whole conversation seems weird, like something got edited out, I felt like we missed a few beats. 

Greg, my dude, everyone knows you have this in the bag, just go along with the ride until you get that last rose, freaking out is not helping you get Katie to validate you. 

Picture this, gang: Greg is all verklempt and crying and upset because he's not getting HIS WAY and hearing what HE WANTS TO HEAR from Katie while he's still filming this franchise. He pulls a Full Mesnick while just watching Katie with another guy. This dude is WAY too needy. Imagine getting married to him and the toaster breaks. OMG, call the divorce lawyer.

Better he leaves now before he has to propose -- which HE KNOWS he will have to do -- and his chances of being Next Bachelor or getting that acting gig he's auditioning for is gone.

He's EXHAUSTING me just watching these few minutes, crying about WHAT HE NEEDS.

What a jerk. BYE. Begone, Greg. You SUCK.

7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I might be alone in this, but I’m Team Greg here. He has a point. He’s pouring his heart out and crying and saying how much he loves her, and she’s just looking at him and saying, “I like the way you look.” What?!? It’s true that she expects the guys to “tell her where their heart is at” but she can’t do the same? That’s bullshit. Plenty of leads have said I love you at this point—sometimes to multiple people, and maybe Katie doesn’t want to do that, but if it really is him, just tell him you love him!

You are not alone. As I said, I read so much about how this went down so I came in ready to watch and look at every nuance and second. And yeah sorry, I don't know if Katie was drunk or high but yeah something was weird with her in that convo. Before Greg's mood shifted, I literally said to my television, "um, this is kind of awkward. He's spilling his guts and she's not saying anything." It was just weird. 

I don't blame the guy for being confused and feeling like she was checked out. How do you sit there with someone pouring their heart out like that and there's nothing from your end. Katie's focusing on how she couldn't say it back because there are other guys still there. But plenty of leads have not returned an I Love You but they still have something resembling a joyous reaction and look like they're in love or really into the person in that moment. 

Honestly, Katie seemed like she almost had a deer caught in the headlights response to Greg's pouring his feelings out to her and telling her how much he loved her. And then yeah, I understand Greg's frustration that after that response to him fully bawling and bearing his heart, she says he's the one that's pulling away.

2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Picture this, gang: Greg is all verklempt and crying and upset because he's not getting HIS WAY and hearing what HE WANTS TO HEAR from Katie while he's still filming this franchise. He pulls a Full Mesnick while just watching Katie with another guy. This dude is WAY too needy. Imagine getting married to him and the toaster breaks. OMG, call the divorce lawyer.

Better he leaves now before he has to propose -- which HE KNOWS he will have to do -- and his chances of being Next Bachelor or getting that acting gig he's auditioning for is gone.

He's EXHAUSTING me just watching these few minutes, crying about WHAT HE NEEDS.

What a jerk. BYE. Begone, Greg. You SUCK.

Yes, but she seems not very capable of falling for anyone based on how this is going.  She just seems very shallow, and I have doubts that if she is being that distant with him that she can go very deep with any of them.  

He also talked earlier about being able to see them engaged…nothing about marriage or kids.  

Also, he seems like he would be emotionally exhausting to deal with.   She would have to constantly reassure him which would be hard because she doesn’t seem to have deep feelings for any of the guys unless you count her physical attraction to Blake.  IMO, if she does pick Blake, it will be about that, but also because they laugh a lot together.  He is a lot easier to be with than Greg. 

Jesus freaking Christ! The man is TELLING you that it’s breaking his heart that he’s pouring out his heart to you and you’re giving him no validation in return—and she’s still sitting there saying, “I don’t know what to say?” He’s right. This is not his future wife. His future wife would be saying, “I love you. I’m here for you. We’re in this together.” Go jump a fence, Greg! At least jump a tumbleweed or a medium-sized cactus.

I’m on Greg’s side here. Katie has told him before he is the one but now she’s acting like he is a stranger. I also think something was edited out. I noticed when Katie was running after him she was saying “I’m done with this” under her breath. She is not being honest with him.

Edited by Madding crowd

Both of them are just...blergh. If she really wants him to stay all she has to do is look him directly in the eye and say "Don't leave. If you love me, trust me and just stay." I think Ashley said basically that to JP...just trust me. Yeah, she got caught up in the moment and let Ben F get down on one knee before she stopped him but JP was her choice fairly early on and she let him know that in a few different ways without actually saying it. 

So both these jerks are not in it "for the right reasons" methinks. (Says the person watching this and only this scene the whole season.)

9 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Greg, my dude, everyone knows you have this in the bag, just go along with the ride until you get that last rose, freaking out is not helping you get Katie to validate you.

The thing is, sometimes what is obvious to others and the lead thinks is obvious to someone, isn't. Many of the contestants, especially when in the stressful bubble of the show start to second-guess and question a lot. I remember Rachel saying Vanessa was the only one who didn't know Nick was picking her. And Vanessa truly was an emotional nutjob during that season because of her insecurities and yet all the women thought it was so clear Nick was picking her. 

All this "getting engaged" has crashed in on Greg, and he is having the biggest hissy fit of cold feet I've ever seen on this show. Blaming Katie for it all, when this is, after all, The Bachelorette. 

That is how it works on this show. Katie isn't doing anything wrong, this time! No, Katie! Don't sit on the floor at his feet! Greg's insides revolted, and he wants out. It is as simple as that. He isn't hurt. When he gets in that limo and it drives away, he will have the biggest relief of his life. 

He isn't a good candidate for this show.