Type keyword(s) to search

What's Coming...? For The MCU

• Start Topic

A Live-Action Marvel Zombies Project May Be in Development
BY JON ARVEDON    September 14, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/marvel-zombies-mark-millar-live-action-plans/ 

Marvel Zombies recently found new undead life thanks to Marvel Studios' Disney+ series What If...? According to Mark Millar, however, a live-action project may also be in the works.

In Millar's newsletter, the writer discussed Marvel Zombies on the heels of the latest What If...? episode, footnoting an anecdote about the original story by writing, "(if my sources are correct) a little live-action Marvel Zombies further down the line, but you never heard that from me."

Edited by tv echo

Captain Carter Is a Hero Out of Time in New Comic Series
BY MARVEL    December 9, 2021
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/captain-carter-jamie-mckelvie-marika-cresta-announcement 

Captain Carter, the fan-favorite character recently featured in Marvel Studios’ What If...? will report for duty in her very own comic series this March!
Prolific creator Jamie McKelvie, known for his defining work on characters like Captain Marvel and the Young Avengers, will now use his acclaimed talents to bring this Marvel super hero to the forefront of Marvel Comics canon, writing the series and designing the character’s brand-new look. McKelvie will be joined by rising star artist Marika Cresta, known for her recent work on STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA.

The five-issue limited series will introduce Captain Carter in an adventure that will find Peggy Carter as a woman out of time, facing the reappearance of an old foe in modern day and deciding what she stands for as the wielder of the shield. 
“I'm as big a fan of the Captain Carter we've seen onscreen as anybody, so I jumped at the chance to create our own version,” McKelvie said. “I'm having a great time exploring what it would be like for Peggy to wake up nearly 80 years after the end of the war. The world remembers the myth of Captain Carter, but to Peggy the reality was just yesterday. Now she finds herself in a nearly unrecognizable new world, how does she fit in? Can she be the Super Hero people want her to be?

"Exploring these questions has been really exciting, and I love the world Marika and I have come up with. I can't wait for people to see Marika's pages - there's so much life and energy to Peggy and the rest of the cast, and the action scenes are stunning."
Don’t miss this unforgettable new Marvel saga when CAPTAIN CARTER #1 hits stands on March 9!

Edited by tv echo

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Writer Michael Waldron on Wanda's Heel Turn
By Adam Bankhurst, Francesca Rivera    May 12, 2022
https://www.ign.com/articles/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-writer-michael-waldron-on-wandas-heel-turn

“I don't know,” Waldron said when asked if Captain Carter was the same character we saw in Marvel’s What If…?. “I'm reticent to canonize that either way. I hope not. I hope that's not the one. That'd be too bad.”

Marvel Studios will have an animation specific presentation at SDCC on Friday, July 22nd. (So the bigger name Saturday presentation will presumably be focused on live action productions.)