Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

As always, talk about the episode. No social media.  No appearances on other shows, including WWHL.  There are separate threads for those discussions. 

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

I was very disappointed they didn't show the final video at the end of the show. Especially since I had that damn song stuck in my head for 2 hours...

So, it wasn’t just me that had that stuck in my head.

To be fair, I “sing” worse than Ramona.

I can’t keep a tune, but I also know when others can’t…

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2021 at 8:03 AM, Lassus said:

I mean, I may be the only person who thought this, but in fairness, Sonja's the only person on earth who's ever told a lie regarding a sexual encounter?  Those other two really seem like Diogenes and Maya Angelou?

I remember how high school and college boys lied all the time about sexual encounters.  How sad to see a grown woman lie about wild sex with a guy much younger when in reality he had her thrown out of his room.   

• Love 9
On 8/4/2021 at 1:35 PM, kristen111 said:

If the parent or parents don’t tell them of a sibling, that’s their choice.  Obviously they have reasons.  Some people have siblings and don’t even talk to them.  Ebony has to honor her Mother’s decision and stop probing.

But this only wasn’t finding out if she had a sister it was literally finding out if the person she was told was probably her father was actually her father or not because the woman knew that that he was her father. I mean I think Eboni has the right to find whatever family she wants to find but especially her father and it’s her mother who is going to have to deal with it. 

• Love 6

While watching Ramona tell Lu about Sonja's real experience that night, the first thing that popped into my head was that Sonja lied to them because she didn't want them to know she blacked out (and probably doesn't even remember how she got home).  Thought this cause of the 'mini' intervention that went on the previous episode.  You all have come to a much better conclusion.  Ha, there has been too many drunks in my life!  

What I really want to know, lol, is if the guy Ramona was going to text her address to actually showed up!

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, oftentimes said:

What I really want to know, lol, is if the guy Ramona was going to text her address to actually showed up!

I think that was all for show.   Ramona seems to lie and exaggerate as much as Sonja when it comes to men.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/5/2021 at 8:48 AM, mostlylurking said:

That actually sounds pretty amazing. I’d be good with it. 

Maybe I’m a monster but I have zero problems with Ramona and Luanne calling Sonja out on her lies. I don’t believe for a minute she did anything with Dylan or his girlfriend. What would two twenty somethings want with her?  They were probably laughing at her (that part is sad actually).

Sonja has talked massive shit about Ramona and Luanne, both to their face and behind their backs. She does need professional help but there she is again with her “healer”. Ramona came in ready for the meeting with the partner guy yet Sonja is wearing no bra and admits she hasn’t cashed checks.  She’s her own worst enemy, and you can’t help a person who doesn’t want to be helped. 

Right.  Sonja doesn't look like the Sonja of a few years ago. Her face is full of dermal fillers and it doesn't look good.  I mean, she still looks great, but she's aging out of the hot young guy wanting anything to do with her except for a chance to be on TV.

I find it sad the way she's clinging to her former youth.

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

Right.  Sonja doesn't look like the Sonja of a few years ago. Her face is full of dermal fillers and it doesn't look good.  I mean, she still looks great, but she's aging out of the hot young guy wanting anything to do with her except for a chance to be on TV.

I find it sad the way she's clinging to her former youth.

I find her sad in general, hanging on to her former youth and her marriage and former life - she’s been divorced longer than she was married. 

I had a lot of empathy for her, but that is gone this season, she is beyond off the chain. Eboni and Leah enable her and excuse her bad behavior, thus feeding into her delusions. That’s not what real friends do.

She is just lost, but at this point she chooses to be so. Instead of dealing with her past with a good therapist she instead uses a bunch of other “methods” to not let go of her past and her issues so that she can move forward. These methods include gongs and alcohol.

Everyone has a rock bottom before they make the decision to deal with and/ or reconstruct their sense of self. I’ve been there and it greatly concerns me that Sonja doesn’t seem to have a “rock bottom”.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
On 8/6/2021 at 10:04 PM, Bluesky said:

I remember how high school and college boys lied all the time about sexual encounters.  How sad to see a grown woman lie about wild sex with a guy much younger when in reality he had her thrown out of his room.   

My point was more I don't know why these strangers are to be believed wholeheartedly either.  It's confirmation bias.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I find her sad in general, hanging on to her former youth and her marriage and former life - she’s been divorced longer than she was married. 

I had a lot of empathy for her, but that is gone this season, she is beyond off the chain. Eboni and Leah enable her and excuse her bad behavior, thus feeding into her delusions. That’s not what real friends do.

She is just lost, but at this point she chooses to be so. Instead of dealing with her past with a good therapist she instead uses a bunch of other “methods” to not let go of her past and her issues so that she can move forward. These methods include gongs and alcohol.

Everyone has a rock bottom before they make the decision to deal with and/ or reconstruct their sense of self. I’ve been there and it greatly concerns me that Sonja doesn’t seem to have a “rock bottom”.

From some of her comments this season, it seems she believes she has to be this caricature of herself to stay relevant. 

At first skim, I thought the bolded said dongs and alcohol 😆 but that fits, too.

I wonder what she really thinks when she watches the episodes and sees how she behaves. I would die a thousand deaths of mortification if it were me, but her reality and mine seem worlds apart.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lassus said:

My point was more I don't know why these strangers are to be believed wholeheartedly either.  It's confirmation bias.

Because there is footage of the girl being there which Sonja never mentioned and seemed confused about at first and the other witness of the party planner who went and got Sonja at the hotel room after being called by the dude and she didn’t even remember that and he apparently retrieved her and her caviar which he kept. Not to mention Sonja has a Long history of being a lying liar who lies.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

the party planner who went and got Sonja at the hotel room after being called by the dude and she didn’t even remember that and he apparently retrieved her and her caviar which he kept. Not to mention Sonja has a Long history of being a lying liar who lies.

I mean, yes, Sonja lies.  I started this by saying Sonja was basically awful.  But it ain't like the other housewives (Ramona) don't lie.  While it is of course likely this is Sonja lying, I guess I just find it notable that random fuckboy (for someone), random party planner, and Ramona are all the ones who who have this NYC After Hours situation pegged accurately.  Just because I don't believe Sonja's story, it doesn't mean I believe the one that wound its way through Ramona is some kind of truth either.  

I said confirmation bias because I think the women wanting to believe this exact thing happened as they were told third-hand is absolutely because it can fuel their ratings/brand-booster belittling of somebody (in this case, Sonja).

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Lassus said:

I guess it’s hard to believe that middle aged women lie about these things. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

mean I believe the one that wound its way through Ramona i

Well Ramona’s only contribution to the story was that he had a girlfriend and he did an IGstory from his hotel room which was shown so what she said was true. Sonja’s reaction to the entire thing also indicated she was lying. It’s not confirmation bias when there are literal ways to prove that she was lying from the video to Lu asking her if she enjoyed the caviar and then her being surprised by the question and clearly lying about it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

As I was rewatching tonight I heard her partner say that she can sit down with him to look at the books.  I don’t like that.  I’m sure they have a program that allows them to enter accounts receivables and accounts payables so she can see every dollar going in or out.  It can’t be that complicated with a small company like that.  She should have the records sent every month and have Ramona or Sonja’s accountant sit down and go through it line by line until she can understand what she is looking at.

Leah thinks she is Paris Hilton with that dog.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 8/4/2021 at 10:47 AM, TexasGal said:

I assumed that Lu gave Sonja caviar for her birthday - or it was leftover from the party - because she went with long haired dude straight from the party.

Ramona, true to form, planted herself right in front of the caviar at the shoot.  She's a caviar vacuum.

I INITIALLY thought that Lu set out the caviar tray as a "thanks" to 'the Ladies who Munch' for their participation in her video.  BUT THEN, when all this talk began about "Did Sonja take her caviar home?" I shifted gears and thought well, maybe ALL the ladies got a 'gift' bag,' and this was Lu's way of 'paying' - ur -'showing gratitude' - for their service' - (an addendum to their contracts.) 😆  Anyway, it all adds up to a LOTTA caviar!  (I wouldn't have been 'shy' about hanging out at the table, either!!)  Good thing the caviar wasn't paired off with oysters. Ramona might have swept the entire tray into her purse. (The hell with a 'fishy' designer bag.  PRIORITIES!!!)  😋

(P.S. (When we were kids - decades ago - my mother once "beat me & my twin up 😩😩 ( an "etiquette lesson") in a restaurant ladies room) for eating one by one by one by one, ALL the olives off the table (at a meal hosted by our Dad's client!)  It's a long story, but all was forgiven and we DID learn manners.  (Though I still hover near 'complimentary food'  -- I'm a veteran foodie! (Tho thankfully with a very good metabolism....)

P.PS.  Checked out that Austrian restaurant the ladies dined at - Huute - and it looks delish.  It's not too far from my apt,, so I'll definitely give it a look-see!  (Pork chops and spinach...fondues....yum!)

• Love 1
19 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

This makes me a bit furious 😡

Thanks, JonnieUniteUs.    But Re my comment below from my previous post:

(P.S. (When we were kids - decades ago - my mother once "beat me & my twin up 😩😩 ( an "etiquette lesson") in a restaurant ladies room) for eating one by one by one by one, ALL the olives off the table (at a meal hosted by our Dad's client!)  It's a long story, but all was forgiven and we DID learn manners. 

I SHOULD clarify to say it was more a case of being "verbally" beaten up.  Still an over-reaction by my mother no doubt...  Altho as I grew up, we found out that she had an untreated thyroid problem that 'set her off' occasionally.  Thankfully, she was normally quite 'refined.'  😉 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TzuShih said:

Thanks, JonnieUniteUs.    But Re my comment below from my previous post:

I SHOULD clarify to say it was more a case of being "verbally" beaten up.  Still an over-reaction by my mother no doubt...  Altho as I grew up, we found out that she had an untreated thyroid problem that 'set her off' occasionally.  Thankfully, she was normally quite 'refined.'  😉 

I am glad to read this clarification!  Thank you!♥️♥️

• Love 1