Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

As always, talk about the episode. No social media.  No appearances on other shows, including WWHL.  There are separate threads for those discussions. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Let's see how many have we had across the RHO's franchise suddenly decide to find their birthparents?  Danielle, NeNe, Ashley, now Eboni.  I'm sure there were others as this feels too familiar.  Convenient how they go all their lives without finding them and then decide to find birth family members for a storyline.

Id be like I am on tv now if you didnt want to have anything to do with me before I aint gonna look for you now LOL

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

The way they go on and on and on about sex is pretty sad…. And getting boring.

I really wonder how much sex they even want.

My sex drive took a major hit after menopause.  I could go the rest of my life w/o it and I never thought that would be the case as I had a very healthy sex drive up until 2 years ago.  

• Love 18

I agree with Eboni and the poster above that Sonja feels like she has to make up these stories and sing for her supper. I'm not sure how much I even believe about the townhouse woes. She's managed to hold on to it and there have been no stories about her owing the IRS wads of cash like other reality people. Renting it periodically may be a way to help with the expenses and earn a little extra cash. And hopefully any real therapist she may be seeing is too professional to appear on Bravo.

And as I've frequently said, I don't think she drinks like she does on the show when not filming because if she was making a spectacle of herself we'd hear about it in the gossip rags.

Craving caviar and champagne now.

• Love 4

I thought Leah's brother looked a little bit like freddy Mercury circa Live Aid 1985.  

Did Sonja say the $2,000 was so pitiful that she threw the check away? Who believes the woman who shoves food in her handbag would toss money away? Did she pay Dylan for services apparently not rendered? 

As the cast keeps changing, Lu shouldn't have bothered asking her current work friends to be in the video because it will make it look dated instead of timeless.  Ramona treating Billy Stritch like a member of the catering staff was laughable but not surprising.   

Eboni's DNA/possible sister storyline was a snooze but at least she climbed down off the soap box for an episode. So there's that. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

I thought Leah's brother looked a little bit like freddy Mercury circa Live Aid 1985.  

Did Sonja say the $2,000 was so pitiful that she threw the check away? Who believes the woman who shoves food in her handbag would toss money away? Did she pay Dylan for services apparently not rendered? 

As the cast keeps changing, Lu shouldn't have bothered asking her current work friends to be in the video because it will make it look dated instead of timeless.  Ramona treating Billy Stritch like a member of the catering staff was laughable but not surprising.   

Eboni's DNA/possible sister storyline was a snooze but at least she climbed down off the soap box for an episode. So there's that. 

I'm not sure that she threw it away - but she did say that she didn't cash it and it wasn't enough.  I watch enough Judge Judy to know that once you cash a check, that you lose your bargaining rights for more money.  So maybe she felt it wasn't enough and if she cashed it, she had no recourse to get what she is believed she's owed.  

• Useful 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

Let's see how many have we had across the RHO's franchise suddenly decide to find their birthparents?  Danielle, NeNe, Ashley, now Eboni.  I'm sure there were others as this feels too familiar.  Convenient how they go all their lives without finding them and then decide to find birth family members for a storyline.

If the parent or parents don’t tell them of a sibling, that’s their choice.  Obviously they have reasons.  Some people have siblings and don’t even talk to them.  Ebony has to honor her Mother’s decision and stop probing.

• Love 3
Just now, kristen111 said:

If the parent or parents don’t tell them of a sibling, that’s their choice.  Obviously they have reasons.  Some people have siblings and don’t even talk to them.  Ebony has to honor her Mother’s decision and stop probing.

I'm just saying that it strikes me as very odd that someone jumps on the show then suddenly starts looking for bio parents. 

Essentially, she and others are making this search a storyline.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm just saying that it strikes me as very odd that someone jumps on the show then suddenly starts looking for bio parents. 

Right.  So now is she going to go down the list and we have to watch this?  I’d rather her go after Dhillon and see what happens, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

As someone with a half sibling who I love as a full sibling I really disagree!!!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I did laugh when Leah said that Luann's video is Luann's version of the what the afterlife looks like to her. Wearing gowns, eating caviar, drinking champagne, and singing off-key is not a bad way to spend eternity, really.

And Lu will be the focus and star in the afterlife. Everyone else will be there to support and adore her.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Next stop - bikini wax.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Lassus said:

I get all this, I do, and it's fair.  I think Sonja is a pretty awful human being.  I think in the race to the bottom she's actually my least favorite on the show (although her and Ramona are usually jockeying for that position).  I think this just crossed a line for me somehow, though.  I don't think that digs or jerky behavior is the same as this sort of using random unknown sources to specifically make someone look foolish over and over for entertainment purposes.  YMMV

I think Sonja is just jealous Ramona has a beautiful house that’s probably paid off, and LuAnn has a career and looks fabulous.  Singing is another story, but people don’t care as they just love her.  Btw, Ramona has been looking great this season.  Her face appears younger than she is.

• Love 11

We don’t know on what basis Sonja is to be paid. Does she get royalties or a share of the profits?  What number are the royalties based on?  I’m sure these “partners” designed an agreement that allocates the maximum amount to themselves. They most likely had good legal help while Sonja’s lawyers probably bang drums and clang cymbals.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Regarding the whole lying about sex thing:  lets not forget this was during the worst of the pandemic when we were told not to shake hands, not see family during the holiday etc. Why would you even have sex with a relative stranger?

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
19 minutes ago, janiema said:

They most likely had good legal help while Sonja’s lawyers probably bang drums and clang cymbals.

Ha!! You’re funny.

Who are the people buying fifty thousand American dollars worth each month of Sonja’s schmattahs?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Regarding the whole lying about sex thing:  lets not forget this was during the worst of the pandemic when we were told not to shake hands, not see family during the holiday etc. Why would you even have sex with a relative stranger?

the fact she didnt know his gf was in the room ,,,, then changed the story to I watched to lol Girl come on now

• LOL 6

What’s with the year delay to release the Christmas song? Obviously you wouldn’t release it after Christmas but a year is a long time. Lu seemed a bit vague when explaining it to Leah. Something about needing time to upload it to Spotify? Do all the production people get paid now? Will anyone still know the people in the music video a year later? 😆

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CainF said:

Leah brings her dog to the video shoot, bizarre.  I'm waiting for Leah to 'protect' the dog's rights when all the paperwork re distribution, royalties happens.  After all, could be another Bette Davis Eyes phenomenon that's being made here.

Lu's desire to once and for all show these women how much work show business really is speaks to, I suppose, how much work mediocrity takes.

Jesus, we haven't gotten to Black Shabbat yet?  How long will they keep teasing this next brilliant activity that will end up like everything else this season as 'dull on paper, even duller on film.'  And Leah can't go because she's been exposed to covid and has to quarantine for 5, not 10, not 14, but 5 days??  Score 1 for Bravo misinformation.  That should leave plenty of time for whatever Ramona has against a Black Shabbat to come out in volumes.  Seems from the previews some Orthodox Jews may have rubbed Ramona the wrong way, probably in response to Ramona rubbing them the wrong way times ten.

Whatever Sonja did or didn't do with the male model in his room made for the usual lame comedy bit that this show struggles with too much lately (all of it rather forced, and all of it going on much too long).  LuAnn's off-off-off-off Broadway celebrity, Sonja's drunken madness, Ramona's selfishness, and all of their throwing themselves at men, it's all played out.  The new women don't fit in, and the old ones are determined to stay well beyond their expiration date.  

It's never been more clear than in this episode that the old cast thinks they still have it, and the new cast doesn't have it at all, and probably never will.  It's no surprise that the result is embarrassing and boring.

This was boring as hell and still the best episode of the season so far. Minimal Leah and no lectures from Eboni. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, janiema said:

We don’t know on what basis Sonja is to be paid. Does she get royalties or a share of the profits?  What number are the royalties based on?  I’m sure these “partners” designed an agreement that allocates the maximum amount to themselves. They most likely had good legal help while Sonja’s lawyers probably bang drums and clang cymbals.

But she really felt it while the lawyers gave her advice expressed through cymbals and gongs. It opened her chakras and her (increasingly empty) wallet. 

7 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

the fact she didnt know his gf was in the room ,,,, then changed the story to I watched to lol Girl come on now

She had to have been blackout drunk to not notice another person in the room.  While Sonja was a sloppy drunk who lied about her encounter, the model was 1) not very attractive to me and 2) a dick for posting this on instagram.  That was a really shitty move.  I can see her friends talking about her lying; friends talk about friends.  However, they should stand up for her and tell him that posting this on Insta was a terrible thing to do to anyone. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

But she really felt it while the lawyers gave her advice expressed through cymbals and gongs. It opened her chakras and her (increasingly empty) wallet. 

She had to have been blackout drunk to not notice another person in the room.  While Sonja was a sloppy drunk who lied about her encounter, the model was 1) not very attractive to me and 2) a dick for posting this on instagram.  That was a really shitty move.  I can see her friends talking about her lying; friends talk about friends.  However, they should stand up for her and tell him that posting this on Insta was a terrible thing to do to anyone. 

It may have been invasive to post the story on Instagram, but Sonja told all of her friends and the tv watching public that she had sex with him-- that is far more invasive!  He had a girlfriend, too.  Not cool, Sonja...very uncool.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

It may have been invasive to post the story on Instagram, but Sonja told all of her friends and the tv watching public that she had sex with him-- that is far more invasive!  He had a girlfriend, too.  Not cool, Sonja...very uncool.

Yup. Sonja does not show respect for other people. No reason to show respect for her.

• Love 11

All I can say about this episode is:

• The ladies all looked gorgeous in their holiday gowns.
  • I wish I had a bunch of un-cashed cheques for $10,000 lying around.
  • I'm sorely tempted to go get a drum, a bunch of crystals, cymbals, and find me some rich ladies to bilk.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yeah, I don't get why this is glossed over as part of Sonja's wacky charm!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

While Sonja was a sloppy drunk who lied about her encounter

I mean, I may be the only person who thought this, but in fairness, Sonja's the only person on earth who's ever told a lie regarding a sexual encounter?  Those other two really seem like Diogenes and Maya Angelou?

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wearing gowns, eating caviar, drinking champagne, and singing off-key is not a bad way to spend eternity, really.

That actually sounds pretty amazing. I’d be good with it. 

Maybe I’m a monster but I have zero problems with Ramona and Luanne calling Sonja out on her lies. I don’t believe for a minute she did anything with Dylan or his girlfriend. What would two twenty somethings want with her?  They were probably laughing at her (that part is sad actually).

Sonja has talked massive shit about Ramona and Luanne, both to their face and behind their backs. She does need professional help but there she is again with her “healer”. Ramona came in ready for the meeting with the partner guy yet Sonja is wearing no bra and admits she hasn’t cashed checks.  She’s her own worst enemy, and you can’t help a person who doesn’t want to be helped. 

• Love 17

For me, this episode was sad, sad, sad.  Sonja Morgan as a Tennessee Williams character.

7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

What would two twenty somethings want with her?

What indeed?

I remember full well being in my 20s and thinking the upper boundaries of sexual attractiveness were maybe 35.  Maybe.  Was I unusual in that respect?  Again, maybe.

I don't know whether Sonja's seemingly complete inability to take care of herself in the most basic ways is a symptom of ditziness, alcoholism, or the onset of some sort of dementia, but to me, it is downright painful to watch.  

Not a big Ramona fan, but I did admire her in the scene with Sonja's business partners.  I wouldn't necessarily write the business partners off as "shady," but they were sure being edited to appear that way.  Which doesn't do Sonja's brand any favors, by the way.

Eboni's sorta/kinda/maybe—buzz-zz-zzz-zzzz!—NOT sister?  Total yawner.

Leah's family?  More yawning.

11 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Will anyone still know the people in the music video a year later? 😆

I wondered about that, too.  By the time Xmas 2022 rolls around, present cast members may be out, new cast members may be in.  I think they were shooting the video mainly because they were desperate to fill out an otherwise draggy episode.  And, yeah, the dresses did look good.  Plus real blinis for the caviar, finally😊

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

As someone with a half sibling who I love as a full sibling I really disagree!!!

I agree with you. Eboni is allowed to search for whatever family she wants. Her mother can’t make that decision for her. 

• Love 13
On 8/4/2021 at 8:11 AM, Lassus said:

As much as how  incredibly low my opinion is of Sonja in general, I really think that making a planned, repetitive mission of the mockery of her was just so, so, shitty.  There is NO WAY anyone can claim to be any kind of friend and be so gleefully involved in that.  Unlike the defenses above, I think that is just incredibly bad, low-class behavior. 

Agree. And yes, I've exchanged smirks with friends when we're all in agreement that someone is lying. But if we were on national television, I wouldn't be egging on the lies to dig herself in deeper. Not to a friend, and not, frankly, even someone I didn't care for. Smirks could have been enough.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:22 AM, Lassus said:

Yeah, that is literally what I was thinking.  Ramona certainly knows what she's doing better than Sonja, but so what?  (Also, however, even after being browbeaten, the partner seemed in very good spirits, so it's hard to kinda to take this scene as particularly straight and unplanned.)

Yes, the vibe afterward was fine. I admire Ramona for stepping up, but there was no reason to get heated. Just keep repeating in a calm, friendly voice "just send over the books. It's her company, let's have the books."  As the guy dithers and changes the subject, just calmly say "the books. We need the books tomorrow by 3 pm." And if they're not turned over immediately, you call an audit and have somebody else go collect them. (Though you'd have to pay that person, so maybe that's why they didn't do it)

I enjoy Eboni. It's amazing how lovely she looks with very different looks. Leah... not so much. She makes Tinsley look interesting.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

I mean, I may be the only person who thought this, but in fairness, Sonja's the only person on earth who's ever told a lie regarding a sexual encounter?  Those other two really seem like Diogenes and Maya Angelou?

But Sonja claimed this on a TV show.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, kassa said:

I enjoy Eboni. It's amazing how lovely she looks with very different looks.

I mean, really, yes.  She's a complete stunner.

59 minutes ago, kassa said:

Leah... makes Tinsley look interesting.

Isn't it awful early to be drinking so heavily?  😁

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

But Sonja claimed this on a TV show.

Yes, and her friends found out that she was lying on a TV show.  Which to me was enough.  Sonja is a more and more tragic character.  She is a mess financially, emotionally and psychologically. Egging her own to dig herself in deeper was a bit much.  I agree with many that Sonja is a terrible friend.  She is jealous of the others whose lives are much more together.  She is angry about their success and how far her life has gone off the rails.  If they wanted to call her out for the way she talks both to and about them, great.  They could also explain that they don't believe her BS stories and that she is looking more and more pathetic. Instead they choose to make her look even more of a fool.

As to Insta douche posting photos of an almost blackout drunk Sonja, he could have simply posted later that he did not have sex with her.  Instead he too chose to make her look as bad as possible. 

Sonja is a shitty friend; she is delusional (if she believes the BS she's spewing, which I think she does when it comes to her history), but the other women are also shitty friends who are making things worse for someone who is in real danger at this point.

On a different note, I'm pretty sure cymbals and gong lady has a PhD from the University of New Age Foolishness in how to get money from middle-aged women.  I do hope Sonja actually sees a competent psychologist or psychiatrist, and part of being fully competent would be treating her off camera. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Lassus said:

And Sonja would rat one of them out in a heartbeat.

She gets what she gets.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

They could also explain that they don't believe her BS stories and that she is looking more and more pathetic. Instead they choose to make her look even more of a fool.

I feel like all of them, especially Ramona, have tried to reach out to Sonja in a real way and tell her she’s off the rails. It doesn’t register. I think that’s why in a way they’ve given up. You can only reach out so much and then it’s up to that person to get their shit together. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Maximona said:

For me, this episode was sad, sad, sad.  Sonja Morgan as a Tennessee Williams character.

What indeed?

I remember full well being in my 20s and thinking the upper boundaries of sexual attractiveness were maybe 35.  Maybe.  Was I unusual in that respect?  Again, maybe.

I don't know whether Sonja's seemingly complete inability to take care of herself in the most basic ways is a symptom of ditziness, alcoholism, or the onset of some sort of dementia, but to me, it is downright painful to watch.  

Not a big Ramona fan, but I did admire her in the scene with Sonja's business partners.  I wouldn't necessarily write the business partners off as "shady," but they were sure being edited to appear that way.  Which doesn't do Sonja's brand any favors, by the way.

Eboni's sorta/kinda/maybe—buzz-zz-zzz-zzzz!—NOT sister?  Total yawner.

Leah's family?  More yawning.

I wondered about that, too.  By the time Xmas 2022 rolls around, present cast members may be out, new cast members may be in.  I think they were shooting the video mainly because they were desperate to fill out an otherwise draggy episode.  And, yeah, the dresses did look good.  Plus real blinis for the caviar, finally😊

When her former assistant was helping her dress, and then the female assistant with the table, it struck me how incapable it made her seem-as if they were her caretakers, not household staff. That was really sad to watch.

11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I still have so many questions! How did she end up in his room in the first place? At the party, she asked him to go for drinks and he demurred, and she laughed it off and said she at least had to try. Then ffwd to him, filming for insta, her sitting on his hotel bed, with his gf in frame.

If she had no memory of getting there, or what, if anything, happened, wth?  If this is a regular occurrence, she is putting herself in so much physical danger! Those people could have had anyone come in that room and do anything to her, or done things to her themselves, and she would have no idea nor coherence to resist or defend herself. (I would say rob her, but she probably has moths in her wallet, alongside uncashed checks) I get that these people sort of know her, but still. I wouldn't trust like that.

If I were Sonja and saw/heard these things after the fact, that would be the very last time I drank anything harder than grape juice. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Lassus said:

She's not even the only person in that room! Remember Lu insisting she was out meeting some friends from Italy when she was picking up the pirate?  Speaking Italian thinking it was code or something.  

5 hours ago, Lassus said:

Isn't it awful early to be drinking so heavily?  😁

You have seen this show before right?  😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 8/4/2021 at 4:44 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

My mother was given to her grandmother.  A year later her mother had another child and kept that one.  My mother knew the story but her mother would never acknowledge that she was her child.  Her brother doesn't know that he has a sister.  Her mother was a real piece of shit.  

On 8/4/2021 at 1:37 PM, CainF said:

Leah brings her dog to the video shoot, bizarre.  I'm waiting for Leah to 'protect' the dog's rights when all the paperwork re distribution, royalties happens.  After all, could be another Bette Davis Eyes phenomenon that's being made here.

Lu's desire to once and for all show these women how much work show business really is speaks to, I suppose, how much work mediocrity takes.

Jesus, we haven't gotten to Black Shabbat yet?  How long will they keep teasing this next brilliant activity that will end up like everything else this season as 'dull on paper, even duller on film.'  And Leah can't go because she's been exposed to covid and has to quarantine for 5, not 10, not 14, but 5 days??  Score 1 for Bravo misinformation.  That should leave plenty of time for whatever Ramona has against a Black Shabbat to come out in volumes.  Seems from the previews some Orthodox Jews may have rubbed Ramona the wrong way, probably in response to Ramona rubbing them the wrong way times ten.

Whatever Sonja did or didn't do with the male model in his room made for the usual lame comedy bit that this show struggles with too much lately (all of it rather forced, and all of it going on much too long).  LuAnn's off-off-off-off Broadway celebrity, Sonja's drunken madness, Ramona's selfishness, and all of their throwing themselves at men, it's all played out.  The new women don't fit in, and the old ones are determined to stay well beyond their expiration date.  

It's never been more clear than in this episode that the old cast thinks they still have it, and the new cast doesn't have it at all, and probably never will.  It's no surprise that the result is embarrassing and boring.

Applause Applause!! To everything you said..“LuAnn’s off-off-off Broadway celebrity 😂😂  love it! I think she jumped the shark with her faux singing career awhile ago but she’s still prancing around like she’s Lady GaGa. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Applause Applause!! To everything you said..“LuAnn’s off-off-off Broadway celebrity 😂😂  love it! I think she jumped the shark with her faux singing career awhile ago but she’s still prancing around like she’s Lady GaGa. 

My favorite is when Lu refers to "her music career"  as in "I have my music career."  I've always thought of her act as entertainment but certainly not music. 🙄

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

My favorite is when Lu refers to "her music career"  as in "I have my music career."  I've always thought of her act as entertainment but certainly not music. 🙄

Yeah, it's a novelty act at best. It would be fine if Lu approached it as a fun lark, but it's clear she views it in deadly serious manner, and thinks she's a legit chanteuse. Which is both funny and sad.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

Ha! "Her music career"...she can barely sing. They have to do a lot of production work on her "music" to make it sound mediocre. She has no musical training at all. Her "caberet" act was silly middle age banter about sex and "Jovani"...alot of goofing on her part of her RHONY co stars. She's no Liza Minelli.

• Love 6

And Leah can't go because she's been exposed to covid and has to quarantine for 5, not 10, not 14, but 5 days??

My family member was diagnosed with COVID three weeks after being fully vaccinated (breakthough infection). We both had to quarantine, but the length was based on the estimated date of infection, not the date of the test/diagnosis.

I loved Leah's dress. That poor little dog, being dragged into loud chaos so that Leah could try to grab the camera's attention. Sometimes Leah and her sister get caught looking for the camera.

I would give anything to read Billy Stritch's thought bubbles as he deals with these vain idiots. I wonder if Bravo is footing the bill for his and others' time, since Bravo shares in the proceeds of Lu's "products." I keep thinking Billy can do so much better, but perhaps he wants the exposure.

To keep her tummy in and boobs out, Ramona walks like she has a stick up her ass, all while she's scarfing down salty, bloaty caviar.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6