Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: War-Mantle

• Start Topic

Awesome episode!  Knew we were heading into the dark "all seems lost" part of the season. I loved hearing the music from A New Hope and the early version of Stormtroopers. Seeing Gregor again was great.

• Love 4

War Mantle was one of the project names that came up in Rogue One. I guess it must be the official name for the program to replace the clones.

Lama Su totally sold the Prime Minister out. Nicely done!

When Omega was screaming about going back to get Hunter, she was yanking on Wrecker's chair. He wasn't driving, he was tail-gunning.

If the Bad Batch would steal some uniforms from the troopers they keep encountering they would be able to walk around inside of Imperial garrisons like they owned the place (well, up to a certain point as we saw in The Mandalorian Season 2). But instead they keep their "Most Wanted Fugitive" armor on at all times as if This Is The Way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

If the Bad Batch would steal some uniforms from the troopers they keep encountering they would be able to walk around inside of Imperial garrisons

Unfortunately, nothing else fits Wrecker... so they would have to always do the "Chewbacca Fake Prisoner" bit - although it has not even happened yet!!!! 

• LOL 2

I had a bad feeling about this one from the get go. And so did Hunter - ordering Omega to stay behind was worrying. Loved how she was pacing anxiously clutching her doll but light-bow at the ready. 

It's interesting to see the transition from Clone to Storm Troopers and the logic behind it. Constant supply and cheaper - which seems to outweigh poor fighting skills and even worse marksmanship. I wonder what's going to happen to the kid Clones. Where exactly were they sent to?

Agreed that we're entering the 'all is lost' phase, but I admit I expected the Batch would lose Omega. Losing Hunter is an interesting twist. I wonder if it will lead to the character development for the other team members that some reviewers are waiting for. 

I had forgotten that we know Gregor and had to check with Wookipeedia *sigh* 

Against all odds Honky saved the day - well kinda. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

I had a bad feeling about this one from the get go. And so did Hunter - ordering Omega to stay behind was worrying. Loved how she was pacing anxiously clutching her doll but light-bow at the ready. 

It's interesting to see the transition from Clone to Storm Troopers and the logic behind it. Constant supply and cheaper - which seems to outweigh poor fighting skills and even worse marksmanship. I wonder what's going to happen to the kid Clones. Where exactly were they sent to?

Agreed that we're entering the 'all is lost' phase, but I admit I expected the Batch would lose Omega. Losing Hunter is an interesting twist. I wonder if it will lead to the character development for the other team members that some reviewers are waiting for. 

I had forgotten that we know Gregor and had to check with Wookipeedia *sigh* 

Against all odds Honky saved the day - well kinda. 

My favorite line:

Hunter: "I thought you said you trained them?
Gregor: "You think I teach them everything? I'm not stupid!"

• Love 4
On 7/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, readster said:

My favorite line:

Hunter: "I thought you said you trained them?
Gregor: "You think I teach them everything? I'm not stupid!"

It was always my head canon that the reason why Stormtroopers were so terrible was bc the clones who were training them rebelled and taught them horribly. Guess I wasn’t too far off.

I liked the information this episode gave us. The amount of Stormtroopers recruits are growing quickly. Rex is definitely in some sort of rebellion mode and is in the thick of it. Baby clones were being shipped off somewhere.

I should have seen that Hunter was going to be captured-its very much was Rebels did too at the end of their first season. I wonder if the show knew if it was getting a second season when finishing this one… 

• Love 3

I've been kind bored the last couple episodes. This one was so good. Things happened. Things moving forward. The Kamino prime minister getting sold out and killed. I like that we find out why the storm troopers were so terrible. That makes some sense. I hope the little clones were able to get away. Hunter getting captured. I love the scene changed after sure their "handling" it. Yep, that looked handled. 

I so glad they ditched Sid’s mission  I hope they ditch her next. It sounds like she is still screwed then over. They should ask Rex for tips.

I was wondering if it was Gregor, and I soon as I heard that laugh, I knew. 🤣

• Love 3

Really exciting episode to lead us into the “everything goes wrong” portion of the season! I was not at all expecting Gregor to show up but I guess I should have. Interesting to see the transition between the clones and the troopers, it makes sense for the Empire to want quantity over quality, that’s very on brand for them. 

• Love 2