Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Their First Rodeo

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Wasn't that Bao?

Yeah, like I already explained above, I was thinking of another example to make the point that Myrla could be on resale sites buying and selling her designer clothing, but can't post it here because it's a spoiler.  It's in the spoiler thread, though.

One little mistake.....🤷‍♂️

Edited by Yeah No
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Good lord- 5+ inch heels?

In the day.  Many moons ago.  Wore flats to the City, then changed for the office.  With black sheer stockings.  Yep, that’s how old I am, lol.  Now, they don’t even wear stockings, which I don’t think looks finished.

• Love 5

i have never thought of consignment as buying something i can't afford. not in either direction, buying used or selling something expensive i don't plan on wearing again. if I aspired to hand down a wedding dress to a daughter one day that is different, but i can't see another reason to store it after wearing it once or even a few times in the case of other type expensive garments. rich folk can be thrifty too.

• Love 1
On 8/7/2021 at 5:12 PM, Elizzikra said:

He was casual but I prefer that extreme to the "going to the Grammys" look many of the ladies choose.

Hear! Hear! I support this 100% - the outfits some of these ladies wear on Unfiltered are ridiculous! Michaela looked like she was wearing straight up lingerie with a pair of pants over it! On the other hand, it does help distract from Jamie O's disastrous get-ups......

On 8/8/2021 at 11:29 AM, Boo Boo said:

I would love to see Myrla without the lashes.  I don't think they look good.  

I don't think you would think she looks any better without them - the extensions destroy your natural lashes, and if she has been doing this for a long time, she probably would not have any real lashes left. She would basically look like she has zero lashes.

• Love 4
On 8/7/2021 at 6:24 AM, Starlight925 said:

Re:  Jose's home.  I doubt it will qualify as a "McMansion", but I do believe it will be a very nice home.  At his age, to own a home, be paying a mortgage vs. rent, to be gathering equity, is something to be proud of.

I have a feeling it'll be akin to Greg's home in Atlanta (of Greg & Deonna).  I remember being so impressed that Greg had a double oven!  

Now as for Jose's extreme pickiness and his need for everything to be so specifically aligned, do I think that will bode well for their marriage?  No.  No I do not.  

But if he lives in the area I think he lives (about 30-45 minutes from downtown Houston), his money goes much farther, in a very family-friendly area with tons of shopping, schools, parks, etc., and yes, it is a great place to be married.  Do I think Jose would be great to be married to?  Again:  No.  No I do not.

I disagree with you about Pearland.  I would never live there.  Its a Lifetime movie waiting to happen.  I would die of boredom.  But thats just me. Houston is far more interesting than where he lives.

• Love 1
On 8/8/2021 at 2:24 PM, Jeanne222 said:

If I could be the person able to purchase these high end items I hope I wouldn’t be the person that has to then sell them on consignment. 

I tend to think of people with huge wealth being able to afford these expensive items. 

consignment folks should buy what they can afford and not have to put on false Aires that they’re something they’re not!

what aires? of being thrifty? buying used anything helps the environment .why bother paying full price when one can be a smart shopper? No one needs to know where you bought your designer gown. My parents became new money folk and in part it was due to Mother finding ways to look the part while she was becoming the part.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Hear! Hear! I support this 100% - the outfits some of these ladies wear on Unfiltered are ridiculous! Michaela looked like she was wearing straight up lingerie with a pair of pants over it! On the other hand, it does help distract from Jamie O's disastrous get-ups......

I don't think you would think she looks any better without them - the extensions destroy your natural lashes, and if she has been doing this for a long time, she probably would not have any real lashes left. She would basically look like she has zero lashes.

I had them until I developed an allergy to the glue and they did destroy my natural lashes, which weren't great to start. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I had them until I developed an allergy to the glue and they did destroy my natural lashes, which weren't great to start. 

Yikes! Completely off topic, but this is the only reason I haven't done it - I'm afraid of what I will be left with if I stop. Also, I have a pool I'm in all the time in the summer, so I just don't think it would work for me. We went on vacation to Puerto Vallarta five years ago with some of our friends, and one of my friends had extensions. By the end of the trip a lot had fallen out and she looked crazy. ;-p

I can't fathom why Myrla needs to go so often - is it just to keep them perfect? It seems excessive. I don't think the ones she has look bad, but they don't go with the rest of her overall look to me. She has these very expensive lashes, and a completely bare face? Or is it that she wears other makeup, just not foundation? Ugh, and now I have wasted waaaay too much time wondering about this........

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

We have two ophthalmologists in our family that told me all about the horrible things that can happen to your eyes from those lashes, I just invest in Lancome mascara although I would love to bat exaggerated eyelashes for a special occasion but too chicken to take my chances.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Yikes! Completely off topic, but this is the only reason I haven't done it - I'm afraid of what I will be left with if I stop. Also, I have a pool I'm in all the time in the summer, so I just don't think it would work for me. We went on vacation to Puerto Vallarta five years ago with some of our friends, and one of my friends had extensions. By the end of the trip a lot had fallen out and she looked crazy. ;-p

I can't fathom why Myrla needs to go so often - is it just to keep them perfect? It seems excessive. I don't think the ones she has look bad, but they don't go with the rest of her overall look to me. She has these very expensive lashes, and a completely bare face? Or is it that she wears other makeup, just not foundation? Ugh, and now I have wasted waaaay too much time wondering about this........

Most places are pretty happy if they can talk you into coming every other week to fill in the ones that have fallen off. Weekly will keep them looking perfect and since Myrla's are so long and full, I guess she likes to keep them completely filled in.

It's normal for your eyelashes to fall off; I honestly don't know if the extensions made mine worse. The last time I had them, they itched so badly, I rubbed my eyes until they all came off - which is probably the worst way to remove them. Latisse works really well for me to grow longer, thicker lashes but I've been super lazy lately and haven't used it. 

I would love to bat exaggerated eyelashes for a special occasion but too chicken to take my chances.

Get false eyelashes! I can use hypoallergenic glue and if you aren't able to put them on yourself, Sephora will do it for you (other makeup stores like Ulta might also do it). I love them for special occasions!

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Most places are pretty happy if they can talk you into coming every other week to fill in the ones that have fallen off. Weekly will keep them looking perfect and since Myrla's are so long and full, I guess she likes to keep them completely filled in.

It's normal for your eyelashes to fall off; I honestly don't know if the extensions made mine worse. The last time I had them, they itched so badly, I rubbed my eyes until they all came off - which is probably the worst way to remove them. Latisse works really well for me to grow longer, thicker lashes but I've been super lazy lately and haven't used it. 

Get false eyelashes! I can use hypoallergenic glue and if you aren't able to put them on yourself, Sephora will do it for you (other makeup stores like Ulta might also do it). I love them for special occasions!

I cannot fathom investing that much time and money into eyelashes. I am not exactly low maintenance myself, but that seems excessive to me.  I know people that have extensions but none of them go that frequently.

• Love 2
On 8/7/2021 at 5:37 PM, pdlinda said:

Are you thinking of Katie (diabetic and had her new husband, whose name escapes me at the moment, practice administering her insulin) and then proceed to spend the rest of the episodes (as you mention) ruminating about whether or not she was over her last serious BF.

I don't even think he was a serious boyfriend - she always called him "my ex" and I had the impression that she was into him and he just booty called her, and then claimed he wanted to be with her once she went on the show.  Husband was Derek and I'm so glad he's free of her 😄

• Love 6
On 8/9/2021 at 5:08 PM, Gator Stud said:

I disagree with you about Pearland.  I would never live there.  Its a Lifetime movie waiting to happen.  I would die of boredom. 

Since we've only seen "Pearland" written (in Jose's list of bills), I'll throw out there that it's pronounced PEAR-land, like the fruit plus "land" on the end.  Discussing this show would probably be embarrassing enough--no need to add mispronunciations.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

That part of Texas was an old stomping ground in my misspent youth...🤠

Folks say PairLand

or you can say pehr·land like the fruit because it has agricultural beginnings.

Just texted my amigo who still lives there, they do not pronounce it Pearl-land.

The only Pearl commonly known in south Texas is Pearl Beer.

https://www.pearlandtx.gov/residents/about-pearland/pearland-history

Just don't pronounce Houston like the good people in New York City pronounces their Houston

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2021 at 7:34 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think they are too much without full makeup; like false eyelashes on an otherwise naked face. They just seem out of place.

How does she sleep with them?   It like wearing an overcoat.

3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

How does she sleep with them?   It like wearing an overcoat.

You get used to them pretty quickly. Mine never bothered me until I became allergic to the glue - though one time they were really long and brushed against the lenses of my sunglasses. That was annoying.

I think Mryla is very pretty and natural. Seeing her in bed with the little bit of make up that she allowed she was still pretty. 

But pretty is as pretty does so there’s that!

I do wish she would have invested some of that clothes money on some decent wedding night wear. 

That plaid was a real turn-off to a really nice guy!  Her signal was loud and clear. 

(edited)

Imma gonna mention how adorbs the flower girls were dressed, the jewels in their done up hair at Rachel's and Myrla's weddings.

I wished they showed more of the receptions, they actually looked fun!

Betcha there was polka dancing at Ryan's reception...nothing like stomping and hoofing it at breakneck speed around the dance floor arms pumping  by someone's drunk uncle or handsy aunt....

Other dances you need in your quiver when invited to wedding in Texas...

Brett's Dreaded Two Step

Foxtrot

Waltz

Chicken dance (the kids and seniors love it)

Shuffles

Line dances

Slides

Cumbias

Money Dance (bring crisp fresh $20 if a friend, $50 or $100 if you are a relative)

Pin on their wedding clothes to get a dance and face time with the bride or groom

You start dancing as a kid with your cousins, sibs, your parents, family friends, your aunts and uncles so by the upteenth wedding you attended in your formative years everyone pretty much knows how to dance...

Shocking/disappointing to go to weddings where it is just grinding and lame-o swaying dancing

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, pdlinda said:

IMO, all of Jose's insecurities (starting with his nose and height) that he, himself ID'd sets him up to be a control freak!

Also, I know he has bragged about his Master's Degree (along with all his other self-congratulatory kudos).  Has Rachel's educational accomplishments ever been revealed? Does she have a 4 yr degree (at the most minimal)?  What type of work does she do?

My belief is that if her educational level and professional status is less than his, Jose will use that to set standards for her and critique her every opinion and/or belief.

In "short"😄(pardon the pun), I CRINGE every time I even THINK about the minefield of dysfunction I see Rachel trying to navigate! 

Very troubling, indeed, when someone with Jose's obvious abundance of "issues" is allowed to participate in this show.

Someone in her family was boasting that she had a masters so that might not be a problem.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Someone in her family was boasting that she had a masters so that might not be a problem.

Agreed!  Her mom made special mention of her educational accomplishments and even mentioned her aspiring to earn her Phd.

That fact seemed to pale when compared to mom and sister going on at length about Rachel's lack of financial responsibility and, especially, her slovenly ways (especially with her car). 

Jose seemed to consciously gather his composure; however, he's supposedly a "neat freak" and financially accounts for every penny (very difficult traits for spouse to live with, IMO.  It's like being married to a drill sergeant!  I know because I divorced someone like that!)  

IMO, their marriage is "below empty" in every department and, as with the others (maybe with one possible exception) is doomed to failure.

• Love 4
On 8/12/2021 at 12:09 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I think Mryla is very pretty and natural. Seeing her in bed with the little bit of make up that she allowed she was still pretty. 

But pretty is as pretty does so there’s that!

I do wish she would have invested some of that clothes money on some decent wedding night wear. 

That plaid was a real turn-off to a really nice guy!  Her signal was loud and clear. 

That was plain arrogant.  She wore a sexy dress I wouldn’t even call a wedding gown, for strangers, then wears crummy lumberjack pj’s to bed.  That’s mean and controlling.  Jose’s wife did it right.  A pretty nitegown and wrap over it.  Nothing revealing.  He’s not the type to jump her if that’s what she’s thinking.  She thinks she’s so irrisistable.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

That was plain arrogant.  She wore a sexy dress I wouldn’t even call a wedding gown, for strangers, then wears crummy lumberjack pj’s to bed.  That’s mean and controlling.  Jose’s wife did it right.  A pretty nitegown and wrap over it.  Nothing revealing.  He’s not the type to jump her if that’s what she’s thinking.  She thinks she’s so irrisistable.

I never thought of the reveal then the flannel.  You're right.  

That was manipulating and not nice at all to a new husband.

• Love 6
On 8/6/2021 at 10:14 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Did we all hear Myrla tell the groomsmen she was conservative but stood there in a low cut nude illusion dress that allowed her "girls" to breathe?

As far as the groom commenting about red heads, it puzzles me when someone has that Kool-Aid colored red hair anyone would think it is natural then one of the bridesmaids said it was not her real color, like duh.  I think that color does look good on her it is just a bold choice I could not get away with.

I would faint if my husband had an interest in dancing and was actually good at it.  A man that can dance and teach me the two step just might be good at the horizontal cha cha, jus' sayin'.  Is my bar too low?

OMG, John Travolta dancing the two step and his hat on real low.  DAMN !!!!  I let mu husband think he could dance, but he can’t.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I am sure she has some high end La Perla in her suitcase but will not be wearing it as she does not like her groom.

She can be a pill but the show put them together to fail.

• Love 4
On 8/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, DrewPaul2010 said:

I stand corrected but they share some traits of showing little emotion or affection.

Jonny shows tons of affection and emotion.  He hugs his family, wants a woman who cuddles and shows love with physical touching, cries on camera about his father.  Bao is more physically restrained but also shows emotion. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stinamaia said:

Jonny shows tons of affection and emotion.  He hugs his family, wants a woman who cuddles and shows love with physical touching, cries on camera about his father.  Bao is more physically restrained but also shows emotion. 

Johnny and Zachary are neck and neck in the competition for the most emo

The welling of their puppy dog eyes with big fat hot tears...the snotty noses... the plaintive cries of emotional anguish...

You want to reach through the screen to give them a hug

• LOL 1
  • Love 2