Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Their First Rodeo

• Start Topic

I appreciate Michaela covering her mouth when she laughs. We prolly can't handle all that mouth & she's trying not to overwhlem her husband even more. 😅😂 I think she forgot to cover once around her new in-laws. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Anyone else think Jose’s step mother was channeling POSChris’ father when talking about wedding night sex?

Jose Senior, she’s what floats your boat? Ick.

THIS!! Geez. Jose's step mother was out there! From the language & telling Rachel to "go for it!" Maybe she was a little drunk... I hope! 😅😂

• Love 1
18 hours ago, princelina said:

I'll aso stick up for Gil here - she asked him how he felt and he answered.

And he said he didn't know how she felt about changing her last name... he didn't ask. If someone doesn't ask, they don't care.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Everything people are noticing about Brett is true, but her vows were very moving--particularly when she said that she would care for and heal his heart, however he had been wounded. And you could see that really hit home with him as he was listening.  I think these two have connected in the ways that matter and they will get over some of this other stuff.  She is awkward and nervous--but he asked for a kind person and he got one.

Vows go out the window by the end of the honeymoon.... sometimes BEFORE! 😅😂

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I think that's why his beard looks weird. Most men have small bald patches under their lips and it makes it appear more natural. Jose's beard grow right up to his lips.

I've seen men with beards growing around their lips and I didn't think they looked bad, but Jose's lips are really wide so the all around beard makes them look worse. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, buttersister said:

Change her name?  Not on this shitshow with its track record of failed marriages. 

Totally! She might want to check in with "Clara Oubre" to see how that worked out for her......

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

A funny exchange from Unfiltered:

Jamie asked Ryan what he noticed first about Brett. !

He said, "Her red hair..(pause)..and her breasts were all out."

Jamie: "Oh, you're more conservative. You like her more covered up?"

Ryan: "Nah, they can be out all they want."

This made me laugh. At least he was honest. Hard to ignore the elephant giant uncovered breasts in the room.......

I also appreciated that she took off all of her makeup and was like, well, I hope he still likes me because this is what I normally look like, and then she said the same to him and he said "I actually like this more, it's more natural"........He's slowly growing on me. He has a low key funny side. I think he's got a subdued personality and he can't help that his face always looks like Eeyore ;-p

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

This made me laugh. At least he was honest. Hard to ignore the elephant giant uncovered breasts in the room.......

I also appreciated that she took off all of her makeup and was like, well, I hope he still likes me because this is what I normally look like, and then she said the same to him and he said "I actually like this more, it's more natural"........He's slowly growing on me. He has a low key funny side. I think he's got a subdued personality and he can't help that his face always looks like Eeyore ;-p

I have never found a guy who likes a woman who wears a ton of makeup. They usually want a natural look.

However, women should wear or not wear makeup for themselves and do whatever makes them comfortable.

I think Brett keeps her hair that shade of red because it makes her eyes look turquoise which is very pretty. You can see her new growth coming in with her natural hair color around the roots but she probably did not have time to touch it up.

I do find it laughable that the so-called experts could not find a woman who likes to hang out on a ranch and listen to western/country music in the state of Texas.

It does not mean that everyone in Texas is a cowboy/cowgirl stereotype but come on...

I liked Mickaela but they make her look bat shit crazy in the previews...as someone said above...another Brandon.

Poor Zack...he seems so sincere. 

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 11
On 8/4/2021 at 8:24 PM, Crashcourse said:

Rachel seems like a downer.  Jose claims he's bought and paid for two houses?  Really?  It's hard for me to even look him and that mouth. 

I knew something about his face was just weird but it took me until last night to realize it’s because he looks like a muppet. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I knew something about his face was just weird but it took me until last night to realize it’s because he looks like a muppet. 

I think Jose looked the worst he has ever looked at his wedding. I don't remember him looking this bad in previous episodes.

In fact, nothing about his looks stood out to me before, good or bad.

1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I would compare Jose's looks with the famous French artist, Toulouse-Lautrec (there was a movie made about him that I recall starred Zsa Zsa Gabor.... think I'm dating myself😅)  He was also very short of stature but had great talent.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

As far as the groom commenting about red heads, it puzzles me when someone has that Kool-Aid colored red hair anyone would think it is natural then one of the bridesmaids said it was not her real color, like duh.  I think that color does look good on her it is just a bold choice I could not get away with.

I think the bridesmaid was pointing out that Brett's not even a real redhead underneath the bold red she currently has.  So I thought it was funny when Ryan was saying he'd never dated a redhead before, because he's not married to one, either--in the sense that she's a person who currently has red hair, and not a redhead.  Like a person who currently has blue hair--she's not a bluehead.

And I was surprised that Brett's not a natural redhead because her coloring goes with this bold red really well.  It obviously doesn't look natural, but it somehow looks right.

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I also appreciated that she took off all of her makeup and was like, well, I hope he still likes me because this is what I normally look like, and then she said the same to him and he said "I actually like this more, it's more natural"........

I hope like hell he's telling the truth, but I remember that Cal, I think it was, was saying Ryan usually dates the Instagram model types, and they're purposely matching him with a not-Instagram model type because he's ready for that, or some other justification they use for going against what the contestants say they want. 

If he really prefers a more natural look, I wonder why he was picking Instagram model types. 

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I have never found a guy who likes a woman who wears a ton of makeup. They usually want a natural look.

I'm not sure many of them really know.  Like Zack, I think it was--Michaela took off some of her makeup before going to bed, but still obviously had plenty on and even said she hadn't taken it all off, and Zack said she looks good without makeup.  She might, but he hasn't seen that yet.

What Brett did?  That's taking off all your makeup. 

I think Myrla's eyelashes are the kind that don't come off.  Kind of weird, but nothing like those caterpillars so many women are wearing.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I would compare Jose's looks with the famous French artist, Toulouse-Lautrec (there was a movie made about him that I recall starred Zsa Zsa Gabor.... think I'm dating myself😅)  He was also very short of stature but had great talent.

yes, it starred Jose Ferrar, who walked around on his knees throughout the entire film!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, lh25 said:

Was it Jose who is this season's "I want a queen for the empire I'm building.  Together we will be the power couple"?  I'm so over that.  Too often, they treat their "queen" terribly.  I have a niece dating a guy who started off saying "I want to treat you like the queen you are", then has gone on the treat her pretty badly.  Not abuse or anything, but she's not a priority for him. 

Too true. I knew a guy in college who would say that a woman was either a goddess or a doormat. He thought he was complimenting the "goddesses" and got all defensive when people pointed out his misogyny. I thought Jose needed to be taken down a peg or two given the way he acted in previous episodes, but I felt so bad for him when Rachel shaded his looks. Traditional or not, no one wants to feel unattractive on their wedding day.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think Myrla's eyelashes are the kind that don't come off.  Kind of weird, but nothing like those caterpillars so many women are wearing.

I remember her saying she goes to get her lashes "done" every week and they showed her in the chair and a guy doing something, but I don't know if that means getting them replaced, redone. That seems like a lot of maintenance for some fake eyelashes.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm not sure many of them really know. 

Both of these are true! My experience is that most men do not really know a lot about makeup. They say they want a "natural look", but that doesn't necessarily mean make-up free.

I give Brett a lot of credit because she definitely took it all off. Most of these women lay down and they still have a full face on, which I find ridiculous. I know not everyone removes their makeup nightly, but I do and I do think most grown women do.

• Love 3

I hope Gil actually discusses being physical and how to progress to that instead of joking/teasing/complaining like it's supposed to magically happen one day just because he's there & done whatever he thinks entitles him.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I remember her saying she goes to get her lashes "done" every week and they showed her in the chair and a guy doing something, but I don't know if that means getting them replaced, redone. That seems like a lot of maintenance for some fake eyelashes.

She has eyelash extensions - I’m guessing mink. Those are glued on, one at a time or maybe in clusters of two or three. They fall out as your natural lashes do so you usually have to fill them every two to three weeks. Once a week would keep them looking tip-top but it takes a lot of time and money.

I had them for awhile (not mink) and I loved they way they looked but alas, I’m allergic to the adhesive. Back to bald eyelids for me :(

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

She has eyelash extensions - I’m guessing mink. Those are glued on, one at a time or maybe in clusters of two or three. They fall out as your natural lashes do so you usually have to fill them every two to three weeks. Once a week would keep them looking tip-top but it takes a lot of time and money.

I had them for awhile (not mink) and I loved they way they looked but alas, I’m allergic to the adhesive. Back to bald eyelids for me :(

This is the definition of high maintenance to me.  And yet Myrla doesn’t believe she is high maintenance. 

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Myrla doesn’t believe she is high maintenance. 

I think we’ll find that Planet Marla has a very small population. 
I was going to say Population:1 but her bridesmaids seem to like her and they seemed okay. Hope that mystery gets solved.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Wow, that's a lot of trouble (and money).  I just use some mascara when I'm getting "glammed up," lol.

That reminds me of a laugh I had earlier today. I was out shopping with my daughter and the store had a "Mask Required" sign on the door, and then under it "Máscara Requerida". I'm like, if mascara is required, I'm for sure not getting in 😆

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did we all hear Myrla tell the groomsmen she was conservative but stood there in a low cut nude illusion dress that allowed her "girls" to breathe?

Indeed she did. Myrla amuses me. While I wouldn't work for Myrla or befriend her, I've enjoyed her appearances on Unfiltered.

13 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Am I the only one that thinks Rachel meant it exactly the way it came out?  I mean, she doubled down and went "boom."  

Yes. I know guys who've said something similar to/about women they dated. In those cases they meant they thought the woman was attractive enough for him to date, but not so attractive that she would be high maintenance or too much trouble. So I wonder if that's more or less what Rachel meant. That she thought he was the "just right" level of attractiveness, wouldn't be too shallow or hard to satisfy, and had developed a personality because he wouldn't be able to get by on looks. 

Edited by Rae Spellman

MAFS would likely disapprove of separated/divorced cast members actively dating on the apps before the end of the season ends.

But I think they would love to have the couples who end up on Couples Cam to have old profiles left up so there would be a way to introduce conflict...

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Am I the only one that thinks Rachel meant it exactly the way it came out?  I mean, she doubled down and went "boom."  She could see his deflated and dejected look.

I think she's one of those backhanded compliment types who blurts out crappy stuff and then apologizes and pretends that's not what she meant.

Not the only one. 😒😒

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
On 8/5/2021 at 4:38 PM, mythoughtis said:

No one has a right to be touched or expected to have sex without consent. Dressing as Myrla did for the wedding doesn’t give anyone permission to unwillingly touch her in any way.  
However,  i am indeed surprised at people who feel the need to wear lumberjack flannel pajamas on their wedding night, and refuse their new husband the traditional kiss, but feel it’s fine that the strange  man and his family and friends and the viewing audience get to see all she has in physical attributes.  

It just doesn’t seem logical to me.  I am a private person, and don’t want to participate in outlandish things like a stripper batchlorette  party either.  My wedding dress had a sweetheart satin bodice, skirt  - and a lace overlay that had a normal collar  and lace sleeves.  I try to dress so that people I don’t want to touch me also don’t get to ogle me. That would have seemed more of Myrla’s desired dress to me. 

Myrla strikes me as one of those women that uses sex as a weapon.  She will dangle the cherries then only allow them to be touched after she gets what she wants from a man.  Which in her case might include the right to spend her own money as she pleases and lavish gifts.

On 8/5/2021 at 9:49 PM, Crashcourse said:

I tuned in to Unfiltered for a few minutes and Ryan was sitting there in shorts and I thought he could have cleaned up better to be on tv.  He looked like he just came in from mowing the lawn. 

I took Ryan's look to be that of "gentleman rancher" meets "frat boy chic".  He's going for a certain "effortlessly" shabby look that involves sock-less ultra-casual horse-bit Gucci loafers, a Brooks Brothers logo button-down and purposely broken-in shorts ordered out of a catalog aimed at elderly rich oil barons.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I've seen men with beards growing around their lips and I didn't think they looked bad, but Jose's lips are really wide so the all around beard makes them look worse. 

All I can see when I look at his face is Brutus from Popeye.

image.thumb.png.5bdba0d0fbf4d0766997586cd0f672f4.png

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
On 8/5/2021 at 2:32 PM, humbleopinion said:

Scoot over, I’m sitting next to you. I have snacks for us and anyone else wants to join our bench.

scoot over please. i brought snacks.

• Love 2

Myrla has never pretended to be anything she isn't.  She works hard and enjoys the benefits her job and money allow her.

She likes nice things.  Why should she change her lifestyle because MAFS  matched her with a firefighter?  That's on them not her.  Five minutes with Myrla and most of us see she's looking for somebody with money that shares her love of the good life.

This is a terrible match.  Both went in expecting completely different partners.

• Love 9

Re:  Jose's home.  I doubt it will qualify as a "McMansion", but I do believe it will be a very nice home.  At his age, to own a home, be paying a mortgage vs. rent, to be gathering equity, is something to be proud of.

I have a feeling it'll be akin to Greg's home in Atlanta (of Greg & Deonna).  I remember being so impressed that Greg had a double oven!  

Now as for Jose's extreme pickiness and his need for everything to be so specifically aligned, do I think that will bode well for their marriage?  No.  No I do not.  

But if he lives in the area I think he lives (about 30-45 minutes from downtown Houston), his money goes much farther, in a very family-friendly area with tons of shopping, schools, parks, etc., and yes, it is a great place to be married.  Do I think Jose would be great to be married to?  Again:  No.  No I do not.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Whoever said Myrla should have been matched with Jose, I thought the same thing, then I realized he's not alpha male enough for her appearance-wise.  I think she likes her men masculine and macho, and Jose is not that.  And I wonder if they wouldn't clash in other ways too.  I think both of them being picky about certain things would clash.  I think Myrla would be tough to match with anyone at this point.  Maybe Pit Bull, but I don't think he would put up with her, LOL.

Edited by Yeah No
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

All I can see when I look at his face is Brutus from Popeye.

image.thumb.png.5bdba0d0fbf4d0766997586cd0f672f4.png

Brutus was at least 6 foot tall.

4 hours ago, geej said:

scoot over please. i brought snacks.

The more snacks the merrier.....welcome

1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Re:  Jose's home.  I doubt it will qualify as a "McMansion", but I do believe it will be a very nice home.  At his age, to own a home, be paying a mortgage vs. rent, to be gathering equity, is something to be proud of.

Now as for Jose's extreme pickiness and his need for everything to be so specifically aligned, do I think that will bode well for their marriage?  No.  No I do not. 

But if he lives in the area I think he lives (about 30-45 minutes from downtown Houston), his money goes much farther, in a very family-friendly area with tons of shopping, schools, parks, etc., and yes, it is a great place to be married.  Do I think Jose would be great to be married to?  Again:  No.  No I do not.

Jose's cryptic creepy way of asking when her lease in Rosenberg was up and what area she worked sounded like he was getting too Invisible Man and is diabolically planning to keep Rachel captive in his locked compound....

Jose is a flight specialist at NASA Clear Lake which is only a 20 minute drive from where he grew up in Pearland, TX.

Thinking his houses are also in Pearland and Mama lives in one and he lives or rents out the other....

Rachel said she works in the Galleria area and that can be an hour commute to and from Pearland during Houston's crushing commuter traffic unless she pays to drive on the toll road and Jose is probably too cheap pinching pennies for her to have a transponder.

Jose will not be happy living in the group apartment complex with the other brides and grooms because his commute will be longer than normal.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I said his face, not the rest of him!

Gotcha...just taking another opportunity to dis Jose's Lilliputian stature....

Brutus knew he could beat up Popeye...but for that damned can of Spinach that showed up with much musical fanfare just at the last second....only then could Popeye rescue Olive Oyl and beat down Brutus

1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Gotcha...just taking another opportunity to dis Jose's Lilliputian stature....

Thanks - You know I actually don't even think his height would be that much of an issue if not for other things about him.  Pit Bull is only 5'7" and women love him!  José just doesn't have the kind of mojo to make up for his height.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I stand corrected but they share some traits of showing little emotion or affection.

They don’t, actually. Vietnamese and Japanese cultures are really different. The generalizations about how “Asians” are would not fly here if applied to any other ethnic groups. Nor would “these people are adorable together because they’re both black” or “all Hispanics are loud and emotional.” I’m not going to say it’s racist as fuck, but I’m getting close to saying it. 

• Love 6
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Thanks - You know I actually don't even think his height would be that much of an issue if not for other things about him.  Pit Bull is only 5'7" and women love him!  José just doesn't have the kind of mojo to make up for his height.

Mr. World Wide has more confidence in the tip of his pinky ringed finger that Jose could ever imagine to possess....his insecurities about his nose, forehead, height, constant neediness to be patted on the back for buying 2 homes with no debt, graduating from college/grad school, landing a NASA job, blah blah blah is going to kill Rachel's libido.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Myrla has never pretended to be anything she isn't.  She works hard and enjoys the benefits her job and money allow her.

She likes nice things.  Why should she change her lifestyle because MAFS  matched her with a firefighter?  That's on them not her.  Five minutes with Myrla and most of us see she's looking for somebody with money that shares her love of the good life.

This is a terrible match.  Both went in expecting completely different partners.

I agree. I don’t think anyone wants to take away her Loubs. In fact, I share her love of purses and shoes. She works, she should be able to purchase things she likes. What I think gets on people’s nerves is the things she says and how she says it. She acts like a jerk. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

I give it a week.  

Jose needing everything perfect, right angles, spotless, things done his way, etc...is a shame because one of the best things about being an adult is recognizing the un-perfectness of people and not looking for flaws at every turn, his new bride will be held to impossible standards just doing the laundry, his need for perfect means doing things his way, she has been set up to fail.

Also, I do not think Jose will ever find the perfect woman because that perfect woman is looking for the perfect man.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jose will not be happy living in the group apartment complex with the other brides and grooms because his commute will be longer than normal.

I am still not 100% sure that they actually live there. I think many just show up for filming and they still live in their own places, for reasons such as the one you stated. Maybe if they really like each other, they try living together, but I am not buying it anymore.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

My husband was very touchy feely, and I couldn't stand PDAs of any sort...even just a little kiss in public.  We were married 33 years until his passing, and even though I loved him dearly, I didn't like to be touched.  My parents didn't have a loving relationship and I didn't see much affection between them when I was growing up.  

When I see Bao and hear her say basically the same thing...she doesn't touch people very much...I know that is not going to change.  It might get better, but Johnny thinking she'll eventually initiate intimacy..........I don't see it happening.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I give it a week.  

Jose needing everything perfect, right angles, spotless, things done his way, etc...is a shame because one of the best things about being an adult is recognizing the un-perfectness of people and not looking for flaws at every turn, his new bride will be held to impossible standards just doing the laundry, his need for perfect means doing things his way, she has been set up to fail.

Also, I do not think Jose will ever find the perfect woman because that perfect woman is looking for the perfect man.  

Wow. His deep deep insecurities make him seek perfection in a woman. He’s always telling us about his accomplishments because he wants us to make sure we know how great he is. I’m glad I married a confident man. I don’t know if I could live with that 24/7. Jose needs therapy to examine why he’s so insecure. At least Myrla identifies why she likes the finer things, as she didn’t have shit growing up. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Mr. World Wide has more confidence in the tip of his pinky ringed finger that Jose could ever imagine to possess....his insecurities about his nose, forehead, height, constant neediness to be patted on the back for buying 2 homes with no debt, graduating from college/grad school, landing a NASA job, blah blah blah is going to kill Rachel's libido.....

Bingo, you hit that nail right on the head!

I don't know what it is, but I'm a sucker for Pit Bull.  He's all kinds of not my type but somehow that doesn't even matter with him.  Now THAT's mojo!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6