Type keyword(s) to search

Galley Talk

• Start Topic

I'm down with this show.  It reminds me of Pillow Talk with the 90 Day Fiance series.  I haven't seen a full season of any other B.D. Med so I'm not sure who these people are but they seem cool.  Are the people on Galley Talk dating or just friends?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

I'm down with this show.  It reminds me of Pillow Talk with the 90 Day Fiance series.  I haven't seen a full season of any other B.D. Med so I'm not sure who these people are but they seem cool.  Are the people on Galley Talk dating or just friends?

They are all cast members from previous BD and BD Med seasons! 
-BD is Kate, Ben, Josiah, Julia

-BD Med is Bobby, Colin, Alex, Anastasia. 
I can't remember if any have done a crossover?

I don't believe any of them have or are dating each other, though I think Kate and Ben had a past fling.

Galley Talk adds so much to the episodes! I love watching their reactions and hearing their comments over crew or guest bad behavior.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

I LOVED when Kate said tonight about Lexi, the ex beauty queen, "I wonder what her talent was?"

I get it was a joke but Lexi competed in Miss Universe so she didn’t even need one.

• Useful 1
On 8/3/2021 at 10:14 AM, Dirtybubble said:

A hundred times better than Pillow Talk. So much funnier.

• Love 1
On 7/27/2021 at 9:09 PM, TexasGal said:

Starting this Friday.

Kate and Ben together!  Huzzah!!

What on earth were Kate and Ben doing praising Capt. Sandy?  Have they been watching the same shows we have?  I was shocked by Ben's flattery and over the top praise of her.  What is Bravo offering them to keep saying such nice and such ridiculous things?

• Love 9
4 hours ago, jrzy said:

What on earth were Kate and Ben doing praising Capt. Sandy?  Have they been watching the same shows we have?  I was shocked by Ben's flattery and over the top praise of her.  What is Bravo offering them to keep saying such nice and such ridiculous things?

I was thinking the exact same thing!

• Love 3
On 8/11/2021 at 4:10 PM, jrzy said:

Maybe people have judged Sandy wrongly or Kate and Ben wrongly. 

• Useful 1

Another GREAT episode of Galley Talk!   Their comments are so funny and usually pretty accurate!  Colin and Bobby especially funny--love them!

My only squawk is that I wish this aired on Mondays right after the original episode airs.

• Love 5
On 8/14/2021 at 7:06 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe they should work for her before they comment. 

Ben did work for her in season 4.  He came in after Chef Mila and Anastasia.  Unless you were referring to someone else?

I'm waiting to hear if Katie will be praised by Kate at all, so far I've heard nothing.  Both Ben and Kate also said they miss yachting, wonder if they'll come back?

I love Josiah, Julia, Alex, Anastasia and Colin.  I do like Ben as it's nice to hear the perspective from another chef, but could do without Kate and Bobby.

• Love 6
On 8/11/2021 at 1:10 PM, jrzy said:

They get paychecks from Bravo.  They're not going to dump too much on the show and that includes the main cast members.

1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Another GREAT episode of Galley Talk!   Their comments are so funny and usually pretty accurate!  Colin and Bobby especially funny--love them!

My only squawk is that I wish this aired on Mondays right after the original episode airs.

They need days to write the snark.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, KLJ said:

Both Ben and Kate also said they miss yachting, wonder if they'll come back?

Since we recently discovered this show, my husband and I just started BD Season 2 in BVI (2014). In the first episode, Kate says something to the effect of “God help me if I’m still doing this in 5 years.” It looks like she just squeaked under that deadline! (Maybe this was addressed in a season I haven’t watched yet.) I wonder if 2014 Kate would say that Galley Talk counts as getting out of yachting  

I also learned, thanks to the professionally edited and highly reputable wikicelebs.com, that Kate “is a bio-sexual personality.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Another great episode of Galley Talk !  

My favs are:  Kate & Ben and Colin & Bobby--they are so friggin funny and they point out things I've missed 1st time around

Anastasia & Alex are pretty good too

Josiah & Julia ugh!  There is something about Julia's voice that just bugs me!  Maybe I've got the volume turned up too high on my t.v. but HOLY COW is this chick LOUD!  Josiah is ok I guess *shrug*

• Love 3

I don't get why people like Galley Talk so much. They don't comment enough for me, too much silence. And when they do say things they're often very obvious. I'd rather have a sort of Mystery Theatre 2000 sort of thing, not this. GT isn't worth it. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

I don't get why people like Galley Talk so much. They don't comment enough for me, too much silence. And when they do say things they're often very obvious. I'd rather have a sort of Mystery Theatre 2000 sort of thing, not this. GT isn't worth it. 

You mean Mystery Science Theater 3000! 😆😆😆

Yeah some snark would be funny but they aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.  I don't mind the silent parts--they don't need to fill ever second of the episodes with words.  Meh to each his own *shrug*

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

You mean Mystery Science Theater 3000! 😆😆😆

Yeah some snark would be funny but they aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.  I don't mind the silent parts--they don't need to fill ever second of the episodes with words.  Meh to each his own *shrug*

Ugh! For some reason it is stuck in my head as 2000. You're not the first to correct me, but my head is hard I guess. I don't like the Galley Talk because they're not adding much. And I don't want to re-watch the same episode I just watched with a few people giving 3 minutes total of discussion. It doesn't have to be snarky so much as just exist. 

• Love 2

I have to speak up for the guests (gospel singer and friends) who tipped $15,000.  Many of the Galley Talk commentators thought it was a small tip, but this was a 1 day charter, so that should be taken into account.  Not bad for a day's work!  (I really wished I could have spoken to them through the tv at that point!)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just catching up on some very old episodes, and one thing I can't help but notice is that Ben doesn't like watching this with Kate. Her body language is always turned to him trying to get him to engage. She is a little over the top and trying to get in his face. But he NEVER looks at her/her way and he leans forward on the couch to tune her out, to put her behind him. And the surprising thing is that she doesn't seem to get it! I've always thought of her as someone who is very adept at reading the room. Maybe she's drunk. Who knows.

• Useful 2