Type keyword(s) to search

S17:E08: Week 8

• Start Topic

Thanks JenE4. I was hoping someone (not me!) would start this.

Katie and Tayshia walking ... I was fascinated by Tayshia's hoodie. First it's off the left shoulder. Next shot it's off the right shoulder. Then it's off both shoulders.

Gotta love how TPTB are exploiting Akron Mike. There's something SO WRONG about showing that video of his kid.

The MTA is following this segment. Not sure if we will really make it to HTs before the switch to MTA.

• Love 6

Did Mike tell his kid he was on a business trip. I’m surprised he waited this long to go home if he was conflicted especially since the hometowns are next week. I really didn’t see Katie settling down in Akron to be a soccer mom anyway. Maybe he realizes he’s not ready to move on completely.  It’s one thing to date after losing your spouse but getting married isn’t something to rush into especially I’m an inorganic setting like the bachelorette. 

• Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Did Mike tell his kid he was on a business trip. I’m surprised he waited this long to go home if he was conflicted especially since the hometowns are next week. I really didn’t see Katie settling down in Akron to be a soccer mom anyway. Maybe he realizes he’s not ready to move on completely.  It’s one thing to date after losing your spouse but getting married isn’t something to rush into especially I’m an inorganic setting like the bachelorette. 

I think his son is too young to understand what a business trip is.  In Bachelorette time time, it was week 8.  In real life, it was about week 4, but the quarantine weeks have to be added in.   

He made the right choice leaving.  If he wasn’t  ready to ask Katie to ditch the rest of the guys and go back to Akron with him, best to just end things now.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 10
(edited)

God, that call with his son was heartbreaking! On the one hand, I understand why he needs to rush home if his son was saying you don’t want to see me anymore. But on the other hand, he is going home right now for hometowns! So it comes down to michael wants to go home—but he just doesn’t want Katie to join him. I don’t think he’s even over his deceased wife, let alone ready to “replace her” with someone he’s known for 7.5 episodes…so, like 3.5 weeks??

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 15

Kids say the darndest things. He was right to high tail it home. Plus I think his and Katie's "relationship" was Bachelorette bubble-induced and he was never going to be the winner.  

Ugh .. now The Men Tell All?  The worst. 

• Love 9

Ugh. TMTA. So many "Who?" during intros. Not sure If I can make it through this.

The guys: "Katie is the perfect girl. She's stunning. She's gorgeous."

Am I watching the same show as these dudes?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I cant blame Michael for leaving, this is a whole lot when you have a kid involved. I am sad to see him go though, he has been one of my favorites this season and he brought out a more mature side to Katie. He seemed so heartbroken to realize his son missed him, its not like its easy to explain that dad went away to meet a girl on TV. 

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

God, that call with his son was heartbreaking! On the one hand, I understand why he needs to rush home if his son was saying you don’t want to see me anymore. But on the other hand, he is going home right now for hometowns! So it comes down to michael wants to go home—but he just doesn’t want Katie to join him. I don’t think he’s even over his deceased wife, let alone ready to “replace her” with someone he’s known for 7.5 episodes…so, like 3 weeks??

I think hometowns are like last season and they don’t actually go home since they have to stay in the Covid  bubble.  Remember which one of the guys got hurt and she said if he had to go to the hospital he would be off the show.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

Is it the makeup or the lighting, or is it me, but why so half of the guys look like they're made of rubber? 

"I'm not here to be famous." 

"On your Instagram story you literally put I Will Be Famous In Six Months." 

• LOL 10

I only caught part of the beginning and then missed it.  Glad to hear Michael put his son first.  He will find a good woman to love.  I was worried about him.  He is so nice and kind and yet maybe still vulnerable and grieving.

• Love 5

Karl is accusing guys of starting witch hunts when he was the guy who started that big witch hunt of “multiple people there for the wrong reasons”?!?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

God, that call with his son was heartbreaking! On the one hand, I understand why he needs to rush home if his son was saying you don’t want to see me anymore. But on the other hand, he is going home right now for hometowns! So it comes down to michael wants to go home—but he just doesn’t want Katie to join him. I don’t think he’s even over his deceased wife, let alone ready to “replace her” with someone he’s known for 7.5 episodes…so, like 3 weeks??

I’m wondering about this too. Yes, it breaks you if your child misses you and can’t understand why you aren’t there. Yes, it was crushing when James said the problem may be that his dad doesn’t want to see him. But, if Michael was truly truly into Katie, he may have waited another week.

Of course, a child who’s already lost a mother and feels abandoned by his father is something that cannot be ignored. Maybe his family is at the resort and quarantining for the hometown visit. Maybe the timing doesn’t work because of that.

I guess only Michael can make the choice he made, because only he and the grandparents know if James really feels that way, or if he said it randomly and was on to the next thing.

What an excellent father he is, though. I hope when Michael is ready, he gets scooped up by the perfect woman for him and James.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Ok so here’s my take - katie says “i saw us going to the end” which is obviously a lie - if she saw herself with him in the end , she should have ended the show right then with him. This is just convenient drama. He was going to see his son on hometowns in the next week anyway. I think he realized it was too soon and if katie said ok let’s go he would have been freaked out . Nice guy and i wish him the best .

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Ugh. TMTA. So many "Who?" during intros. Not sure If I can make it through this.

The guys: "Katie is the perfect girl. She's stunning. She's gorgeous."

Am I watching the same show as these dudes?

I saw the intro, realized I don’t even know anyone, so giving it a hard pass.  Plus it isn’t the same without Chris.  It just all feels different than it used to.

• Love 9

Didn’t Michael say he wasn’t going to have his son be there for hometowns (which proves he’s got James’ best interests at heart), and therefore he would not be seeing him in a week?  I swear I heard that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Michael didn’t seem too broken up about leaving Katie and he didn’t even give the whole “ I want you to come with me “ option . To be honest , I feel like him going on this show was more for a break and getaway from life . I don’t think he intended to be get engaged to anyone . And the timing is interesting of him leaving . He made it to the top 4 which is where people want to be for the possibility of becoming the next bachelor . I’d be interested to see if he’d take the bachelor opportunity ( I think he would .) I just don’t think he was that into Katie . I think he’s a good guy but I don’t think leaving your young child after he recently lost his mother is the right thing to do . Go on dating websites , out to bars , whatever to meet someone .. but to go away for months on a reality tv show makes me question who he is . 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

He was going to see his son on hometowns in the next week anyway.

That's in Bachelorette time. In real time, it's the next day.

Not that I'm Mike's kid, but I was five when my dad died and I had no comprehension of what was going on or what happened or anything else about it. So Mike's the one feeling guilty and my $ is on he's bailing now before he spends more time away before getting cut anyway. Besides, as said above, he's already solid in Bachelor Nation and all is good for him moving forward. Just not with Katie, which is a real plus for him in my book.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Michael didn’t seem too broken up about leaving Katie and he didn’t even give the whole “ I want you to come with me “ option . To be honest , I feel like him going on this show was more for a break and getaway from life . I don’t think he intended to be get engaged to anyone . And the timing is interesting of him leaving . He made it to the top 4 which is where people want to be for the possibility of becoming the next bachelor . I’d be interested to see if he’d take the bachelor opportunity ( I think he would .) I just don’t think he was that into Katie . I think he’s a good guy but I don’t think leaving your young child after he recently lost his mother is the right thing to do . Go on dating websites , out to bars , whatever to meet someone .. but to go away for months on a reality tv show makes me question who he is . 

Didn’t he say the in laws supported this and thought it would be good for him?   If it wasn’t for Covid it might have been different because he might have been able to find a way to spend time with him.  

• Love 3
(edited)

OMG.  Conor has learned how buttons work!

eta, but he still can’t kiss

eta2. She is probably his girlfriend 

eta 4. Or paid

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)

Kaitlyn is doing all of the talking as the host and Tayshia is sitting there like Ed McMahon.

Wow! I was waiting for Connor to introduce his girlfriend and say the whole thing was just a set up. But, maybe we have a love connection over here!

Edited to add: Now Tayshia is “interviewing” Andrew at the top of the second hour. Are they taking turns “hosting” one hour each?

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, alexa said:

Is he auditioning to be the bachelor?  But I guess not because he would have to leave his son?

I’m sure the powers that be would allow him to have his son with him. If i see him in paradise i will call foul .i don’t want him to be another <gag> Amanda Stanton 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Yeah, and pigs are flying past my window right now. Nothing fake about THAT bit.

4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Yeah, and pigs are flying past my window right now. Nothing fake about THAT bit.

I think he said he wanted to get her number 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

I guess Mike is good with leaving his son AGAIN for TMTA. *sigh*

But no Covid bubble this time.  If he is vaccinated, then he could be in and out in a day.  

• Love 3

I think Andrew is very attractive but he is on one bachelor audition after another . He never felt anything like he has for Katie ? Alrighty then . He wants someone to put him first , to choose him Blah blah blah we’ve heard it all before . And was it me or did he keep staring right into the camera during his whole interview ?

• Love 13
(edited)

As long as he doesn’t appear on BiP at least until his kid is a teenager, Michael’s golden in Bachelor nation.   There will be an influx of single women to Akron.   

I wonder if they could work a way for him to do Dancing with the Stars?   The money (up to $250,000 if you make it to the end) would go a long way in Akron or provide a nice college fund for James. They could have him dance to a bunch of emotional love songs and songs about love and loss and he Would be unbeatable in the voting no matter how bad he was.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 6

I don’t know, I think “Where’d you get that shirt? The shirt store?” is a pretty stellar comment to throw someone off their game.

Michael explaining that losing the WoWo challenge proves that he has stamina for his age. Lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

I don’t know, I think “Where’d you get that shirt? The shirt store?” is a pretty stellar comment to throw someone off their game.

Plus it's right out of Seinfeld, so gets a big plus from me.

Now it's the Kaitlyn show. I'm out. See you guys next week. Maybe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, saber5055 said:

Plus it's right out of Seinfeld, so gets a big plus from me.

Now it's the Kaitlyn show. I'm out. See you guys next week. Maybe.

Don’t leave. They’re done with Kaitlyn’s proposal. Katie is coming up next.

• Love 1

Katie should have washed her hair.   And Michael doesn’t seem broken hearted at all.   I wonder if this means he is under consideration for the next Bachelor?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Just why did we have to see Kaitlyn’s proposal - she’s supposed to be the co-host, not part of the story?
TPTB just kind of suck.

Again, Katie has an interesting choice of clothing. Nothing wrong with it (maybe the color) but just not right for the occasion.

Michael and Andrew are probably relieved they are not in the final 3.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

They give Katie some of the weirdest clothes. A lot of it isn't bad, I do kind of like her green dress, but its just weird, like they cant get a hang of her vibe. 

"Thanks Thomas." Ok, THAT was the best moment of the season, and one of the few moments that did feel completely real. 

• Love 5

Yeah, this dress looks like a beach coverup for Paradise, not the usual cocktail dress/evening gown the lead wears on this show.

The way she said my ending happened for a reason, I think she ends up with no one. I wouldn’t be mad if maybe she and Michael dated in the real world, but it sounds like she’s over the whole thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2