Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: The Morning After

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Emmeline said:

The minute Lexi called her mother or mummi, I knew Lexi was just a spoiled brat.  Her mom seems to have the kids number and told her to stay and finish the job.  

what I noticed from that phone call was, even though we couldn't really hear the mother's side of the call, I believe she said something like "would Jesus be happy with you (quitting)?" and Lexi said "no he wouldn't be happy, but I would pray and ask for forgiveness."

So Lexi's ok with asking Jesus for forgiveness, but not her co-workers? And frankly, I have a relative who used that sort of argument her entire life to act selfishly and mean to everyone around her, but it was "ok" because she could just ask J for forgiveness.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

There's a distinct difference in the way Sandy handled Mat's situation and Lexi's.  

Lexi is a stew and is supervised by Katie, so Sandy conveniently lets Katie know that she needs to step up and try out some different techniques to bring out Lexie's abilities.  She has no clue that Lexie is abusive and toxic because she didn't let Katie finish the narrative before Lexi interrupted the conversation.

With Mat, Sandy is his direct supervisor.  Her solution to his running off the boat in a drunken temper tantrum is to fire him.  She doesn't use the same advice for herself that she gives Katie.  It's all about saving her own behind.  She manages to get him to cook until his replacement is ready for service.

Sandy doesn't want to deal with any issues, so she fires those who she has to supervise- Mat, Kiko, Hannah.  She has made Hannah deal with many insubordinate and inept stews in the past, too.  As long as it is someone else's problem, they stay and the supervisor has to deal with it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13

I, HATE. LEXI. Hate doesn't even capture my feelings. I have to believe that Sandy knew nothing of what has transpired, because even though I hate her as well (although not as much as Lexi), she surely would have fired her. 

What is interesting to me, is that Lexi has been silent on social media. She should be ultra embarrased now seeing what she "could not remember". 

• Love 13
On 7/31/2021 at 5:32 AM, Grrarrggh said:

And I don't think Lexi is bipolar at all. Possibly narcissistic but not bipolar. 

Nope. Bipolar is very manic/very down, not fucking psycho. My guess is borderline personality disorder or maybe just straight up psychopath. I was absolutely horrified at her assault on poor Lloyd.  You could see he was super upset, and I don't know why this wasn't addressed! If a dude held a woman down, rubbed his balls in her face  and mocked her while she shouted no and struggled to get away, he would be arrested.  And now Lloyd has to deal with it and work with her every day. Very disturbing.  Fucking Sandy, absolutely useless once again. If I were Katie, I would have said it's her or me.

• Love 17

I think Sandy is getting a bit too much blame here. This is a "reality" television programme, not an actual working environment. Sandy isn't in charge. 51 Minds Entertainment is. We've seen Lee be just as if not more incompetent when it comes to those working under him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TeeMo said:

I didn’t need any extra evidence that Sandy is a lousy boss but she managed to provide some tonight when she invited Lexi in to join the conversation she was having with Katie ABOUT Lexi. 

It was all for the camera. I wouldn't be surprised if it was set up by the producers. 

• Love 4
On 8/3/2021 at 6:08 AM, Bossa Nova said:

Lexi should  have been fired. Her behavior was way way way out of line. Her excuse that its because her father recently passed, is bs.

She has always been a monster.

Maybe she ultimately is fired during the season. 

I've noticed that Watch What Happens Live has now featured every cast member as a guest (and its early in the season) except Lexi.

If this is the case, then she probably will skip out on the reunion, because she doesn't strike me as the type to show up to any event where she will be called out on her wicked, extremely psycho behavior.

I hate that these reality shows that have reunion episodes don't make it a part of the cast member's contract that they MUST attend the reunions or NOT GET PAID for their entire season.  That would be one hell of a reason to motivate the asshole cast members to show up and "take their medicine."

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 8/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, SemiCharmedLife said:

There's a distinct difference in the way Sandy handled Mat's situation and Lexi's.  

Lexi is a stew and is supervised by Katie, so Sandy conveniently lets Katie know that she needs to step up and try out some different techniques to bring out Lexie's abilities.  She has no clue that Lexie is abusive and toxic because she didn't let Katie finish the narrative before Lexi interrupted the conversation.

With Mat, Sandy is his direct supervisor.  Her solution to his running off the boat in a drunken temper tantrum is to fire him.  She doesn't use the same advice for herself that she gives Katie.  It's all about saving her own behind.  She manages to get him to cook until his replacement is ready for service.

Sandy doesn't want to deal with any issues, so she fires those who she has to supervise- Mat, Kiko, Hannah.  She has made Hannah deal with many insubordinate and inept stews in the past, too.  As long as it is someone else's problem, they stay and the supervisor has to deal with it.

Sandy is, always has been, and always will be the absolute WORST!

• Like 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Every episode I start out super impressed with Katie and her level headed approach to everything and then immediately spend the rest of the episode wondering how she was ever in a relationship with the likes of Jack. It makes no sense.

I didn’t need any extra evidence that Sandy is a lousy boss but she managed to provide some tonight when she invited Lexi in to join the conversation she was having with Katie ABOUT Lexi. If my boss ever did that to me I would walk out the door. As a supervisor Katie was going to HER supervisor for guidance on a situation affecting everyone on the boat and Sandy just invited the problem into the conversation before Katie even had a chance to explain. Then afterwards she tells Katie it is up to her to coach Lexi up. This wasn’t about poor work performance - it was about Lexi sexually assaulting one crew member, physically assaulting another and insulting an entire department. You can’t coach someone out of being an asshole, Sandy. 

Has Captain Asshat Sandy spoken up about this total dereliction of her duties as "the boss" of the entire ship as regards the safety, sanity and discomfort levels of ALL her crew?  By not allowing Katie to finish saying what she had come to say to her about Lexi, does she honestly think she's given herself plausible deniability to say she didn't know just how bad it was?  I'll bet if she is speaking up on social media, and/or at the final reunion shows she WILL try to pull that card out of her asshat, I mean asshole.

• Love 11

Can you imagine going to a sex party and seeing Mathew there?  I'd never go to one again. 

The crew frustrates me.  Katie is trying to be a good leader but she could have eliminated her apologizing for yelling at Lexi and then giving her a hug.  Ugh why?  Or when Lexi ran off crying after having to apologize because she was finally forced to.  Courtney tells her she loves her.  Or Malia trying to pump her up and then Lexi immediately talking trash about her.  Like just let her do a job and stop trying with this beast.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 7/27/2021 at 1:58 PM, Marvin said:

Lexi should have been sent packing. She is one of those people that will bring down the whole team with her actions - and they will only get worse not better. Her dad dying is not an excuse for being a spoilt entitled brat.

Agreed.  When she was talking to her mom the morning after she started whining but it seemed her mother cut that off and started reprimanding her.  It would seem her mother knows her routine and wasn't having it.  That implies she's been this way for a while and although it's sad her dad passed, I don't think it's a big contributor to her bad behavior.  She should be fired.  If she's got all this luxury at home then why is she lowering herself to be around these commoners?  After all she's a beauty queen 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 7/28/2021 at 5:02 PM, Xebug67 said:

As awful as Matt was/is, the HUGE difference between he and Lexi, even though they both purported to be blackout drunk and not remembering what they did and said to others, is that Matt didn't make any excuses for his awful behavior.  His apologies came across to me as being extremely genuine, sincere and heartfelt, and he sought out each individual cast member to extend those sincere apologies to each of them personally.  I actually believed that he felt truly sorry for what he'd said and how he'd behaved.  Do I think he won't act up again like he did the first day of charter as well as on this most recent occasion?  No, because I do believe that there's something seriously wrong with him.  Perhaps a personality disorder, his anxiety, whatever, and thus I would never ever hire him or trust him to be reliable on a job that I was in charge of.  But his sincerity makes me somewhat feel sorry for him as a fellow human being who has significant issues.

Where Vexy Lexi is concerned, hell would have to freeze over a million times before she'd elicit one scintilla, iota of sympathy from me.  That beyotch is NOT sorry, and was completely putting on a show act.  If anything, she doubled and tripled down, and became annoyed with whomever was speaking to her, those very same people that she was verbally and physically abusive to.

She was an incredible phony in front of Captain Asshat when she had that one-on-one meeting with her, and I don't think it was coincidence that she popped into Yawnee's cabin while Katie was in there discussing this beyotch with her.  She totally wanted to interrupt whatever was being said about her between them.

Vexy Lexi is incredibly manipulative in addition to being an all around shit human being.  It's more than just a psychological screw or few loose with her.  She has crazy, out of control, scary rage/anger issues.  She seems to delight in being disruptive of situations and nasty to other people.  She displays all the traits of a narcissistic megolomaniac (no, I'm not a psychiatrist - it's just my opinion). 

I would be crazy scared to share a cabin with her, work with her, and especially compete in pageants against her because this is one beyotch that I don't think would hesitate to smoke anyone who annoys her or gets in the way of her getting what she wants, whether it's a pageant crown, job, or a man.

She is honestly to me the scariest person I've ever in my life seen on reality TV.  I truly believe she's dangerous and unhinged.

Lexi gives Farrah Abraham vibes.  My fake apology isn't working, so I'm over this conversation with you peasants.  So gross.  People that act like that disgust me.

I know I'm tuning in way late here, but the deck crew guys all seem so sweet! 

Edited by Cherry Styles