Type keyword(s) to search

S03: Week 4: July 25, 2021-July 30, 2021

• Start Topic

(edited)

Korey is taking over as the new Javonny.  He's happy and he gets to show more of his personality.

I already hate Gabe because he confessed that he likes blondes and "I don't know what's up with me" the way a normal person would say they like platypuses or something, bitch please.  

It's interesting that Olivia is telling people (Cameron?) she's wild and fun.  She is?  And that she needed to come on this show to realize to stop going for guys simply because they were big and tall and decided to try personality instead?  Olivia says she wants to feel desired for once?  What was Javonny then?

The guys on Casa Amor totally look like guys I've seen on other reality shows.  One of them looks like Bennie from a previous season.

Ugh, now Cash is talking about how she loves how Andrew compliments her but she's not interested because she thinks he's just a Ken doll.  That's mean!  You know he could be a super nice guy with a great personality but I guess he's garbage who's only good for complimenting her according to Cash....... 

The women (extremely young women) on Casa Amor are just so damn young.  Was anyone even 23 or older?  They're kids, they're all in college.  The conversations are hard to listen to.

Who does Purple Hair look like?  Emilia Clarke mixed with Britt Robertson.  

The Spiderman kiss was horrifying.  Did the camera have to get so close?  I had to keep looking away

119896576_2769190503324201_1439557308654127718_n.jpeg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

Wow, do they douse the villa in hormones when the new girls arrive? Everything seems amped up to the next level; by gum, Cinco actually spoke in complete sentences and looked happy when talking to Leslie?? The guys just losing it over the appearance of the new ladies was cracking my shit up. Yes, completely superficial, but pretty funny. (And the new girls DO have stunning bodies. I think it was Flo in particular, straddling the stool in the makeup room - I'm a straight woman, but wowza.)

That one new girl has massive bazongas. Is she the one who said she's got the three Bs: beauty, brains, and boobies? (Genny? Or Genvivivovavoom, or whatever Korey said?)

I actually do think Cash is a great "girl" and a good catch, but it feels like she's merely interviewing applicants for a coveted position. Like all the cards are in her hands and she's just granting interviews as a favor. When she had the conversation about her possible fertility problems, the DR commentary immediately thereafter was about how she's so relieved that the guy broached the subject so now she'll feel more comfortable talking to future men about it. Um, so I guess this guy's already written off? As a viewer, I just don't feel like I'm gonna see her make a connection while watching. Not even a "love" connection 🙄 but just something fun and/or hot. (Hey, I'm not above some PG-13 voyeurism!)

Casa Amor has a beautiful pool and hot tub area, but the couch area is so cramped and over-lit. Nothing says romance like a church-basement vibe.

All I see when I look at Leslie is a lilac-haired Khaleesi. Why the fuck don't any of the new guys look like Khal Drogo?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

That one new girl has massive bazongas. Is she the one who said she's got the three Bs: beauty, brains, and boobies? (Genny? Or Genvivivovavoom, or whatever Korey said?)

Lol, I think he said Geneveevee?

7 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I actually do think Cash is a great "girl" and a good catch, but it feels like she's merely interviewing applicants for a coveted position. Like all the cards are in her hands and she's just granting interviews as a favor.

Yeah.

I feel bad, the fertility issue is heartbreaking.  

Also, 5 minutes ago Cash was all like "I am MEANT to be with Cinco. I  am MEANT to be with that man."

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

Korey was cracking me up. 

I was annoyed with Kyra not actually kissing the boys. Give me drama.

Cinco did seem more awake this episode.

Hey Olivia, you're boring. Javonny did all those things. 

The new girls are aggressive and I am here for it. Or not unless someone who has P+ recaps it for me. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Why the fuck don't any of the new guys look like Khal Drogo?

Because there is no word in Dothraki for "douchebag."

Edited by Drogo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Korey is taking over as the new Javonny.  He's happy and he gets to show more of his personality.

I already hate Gabe because he confessed that he likes blondes and "I don't know what's up with me" the way a normal person would say they like platypuses or something, bitch please.  

It's interesting that Olivia is telling people (Cameron?) she's wild and fun.  She is?  And that she needed to come on this show to realize to stop going for guys simply because they were big and tall and decided to try personality instead?  Olivia says she wants to feel desired for once?  What was Javonny then?

The guys on Casa Amor totally look like guys I've seen on other reality shows.  One of them looks like Bennie from a previous season.

Ugh, now Cash is talking about how she loves how Andrew compliments her but she's not interested because she thinks he's just a Ken doll.  That's mean!  You know he could be a super nice guy with a great personality but I guess he's garbage who's only good for complimenting her according to Cash....... 

The women (extremely young women) on Casa Amor are just so damn young.  Was anyone even 23 or older?  They're kids, they're all in college.  The conversations are hard to listen to.

Who does Purple Hair look like?  Emilia Clarke mixed with Britt Robertson.  

The Spiderman kiss was horrifying.  Did the camera have to get so close?  I had to keep looking away

119896576_2769190503324201_1439557308654127718_n.jpeg

Everyone on Reddit bashes the guys for not pursuing Cash and calling them racist, but they haven’t noticed that Cash is the one dismissing most of these guys. Maybe she just only dates a specific type? 

Agree with all your points. I said on another thread, when the new women came in the men asked them about themselves. When the guys came in Cash asked them which women they were interested in. She even said she just wanted guys to pursue her and be there for her, and that she also wants Cinco. Cash just likes attention, I’m not sure if she actually cares about other people when she’s in a relationship. 

• Love 7

Opinions in CA?

Flo is gorgeous! But doesn’t seem to have much personality. Leslie is my favorite (I’m biased though) but she’s stunning and has a chill personality (she also didn’t participate in scrubbing Kyra’s message). Genny has some nice…assets. I hope she’s nervous and settles down because she doesn’t do herself many favors when she talks. The other women seem nice but not much airtime. I was surprised after the initial excitement that the guys didn’t pull more women to talk. Unless they each are pretty confident with the one girl they spoke to. 

The new men seem dull and odd. Everything is stiff and forced with the women. I think it’s the dynamics of the situation. The new women can be super forward and aggressive and the guys will pretty much go along with it, but I think the new guys are worried about being too aggressive and are looking for the women to let them know they can open up.  All the women want guys who will pursue them but the guys are probably uncomfortable and don’t know where things stand. Or they just suck. 

Olivia needs to go. I don’t understand what CBS thinks she brings to this show where they keep her around but don’t do anything with her. She’s dull and most guys aren’t like Javonny where they’ll put in a ton of effort with zero reciprocity, especially if there are other, nicer, more fun women to talk to. 

• Love 7

That was pretty boring. I'm sure the new people have actual personalities, but you'd never know it from listening to them have the same conversations we've been hearing all season, with the exception of Cash's revelation that she might have a hard time having a baby. She might be reading too much into Charlie not thinking it was a big deal; he just met her a minute earlier and it's not something that matters to him. It costs him nothing to say something reassuring.

Interesting that Trina was almost invisible. None of the guys expressed interest in her and vice versa. The only conversation we saw her have was with Gabe when they had that stilted exchange about pets, as if he were visiting the nursing home and trying to keep one of the residents engaged before nap time. It's not surprising though; she's been coming across lately as if she has some emotional issues that might be serious. I could see where the guys might want to be cautious about getting involved with her. And I don't know if she really has issues, but she's being presented that way.

On a more shallow note:  Isabelle's face hurts to look at. She could be so pretty if she hadn't pumped fillers into her lips. As it is, she's got this frozen sneer on her face that makes her look like she's always smelling something really bad.

Leslie is also cute, but the purple hair was a mistake. I guess it's supposed to be edgy, but it reminds me of the lavender hair rinse that all the older white-haired men in Hollywood use to keep their hair from going yellow. It's meant to keep the hair bright white, but they overdo it and it turns purple. You see them out in force at awards shows. All the guys were going on about how they liked her hair, but all I could see when I looked at her was Melissa Joan Hart's dad.

Andrew might be a great guy but he looks like Paul Ryan and I would never be able to get past that.

The Spiderman kiss. ::shudder::

My early predictions about the recouplings immediately after Casa Amor:

Olivia will couple with whoever shows a passing interest because she has to in order to stay in
Cash will couple with Raul because she's not certain that Cinco will break up with Trina
Trina will couple with no one because she wants to stay with Cinco
Kyra will couple with no one because she wants to stay with Will
Shannon will couple with no one because she's already broken Josh and breaking a new guy is a lot of work
Korey will couple with Isabelle
Jeremy will couple with Genevieve (or if that fizzles, he'll just pick anyone to stay in, much like Olivia will)
Will will couple with no one because he wants to stay with Kyra
Cinco ??? I think it depends on how much he likes Cash. Trina seems more and more like she's out of the picture
Josh ??? Depends on how afraid he is of Shannon.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Andrew might be a great guy but he looks like Paul Ryan and I would never be able to get past that.

Andrew looks like Fun Bobby (Vincent Ventresca) or maybe Grant Show.

ggg.jpgzrt5dznw2n3z.jpg

gettyimages-542402996_copy.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

The Spiderman kiss. ::shudder::

Kisses, plural!! *double shudder, retch* The sucking of tongues upside down in close up was a serious brain bleach moment! So, of course we had to see BOTH sides do that one.

Last night you could really see the phantom hand of production all over getting everyone to talk to everyone and that there was a cartian time limit after which they had to move on to the next person. "I really am super interested in you and could talk to you for hours! You're so cute and amazing!" Then they'd stand up for no apparent reason, interrupy their convos and someone would say "Well I'd definitely like to talk to you later." and the other would say "Yeah, totally, please do!" and then they'd walk away and split off in different directions. It was really bugging me.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

So much for Casa Amor livening things up. Not to sound redundant but there's something about the structure of the US version that makes it incredibly dull.  In part, I think it has to do with the continual gathering of the ladies/guys to talk about their thoughts & feelings.  I feel like they did that multiple times last night.

Also, why does every single game involve kissing? While it drives sexual attraction it doesn't really let them get to know one another. On previous seasons/versions they've had a contest between the two houses to complete a series of tasks, After each task, they'd announce which house completed it the fastest. (ex. line up in height/age order, pass the orange without using your hands, one of the guys: go find a hair straightener) Lots of laughter & running around. It broke the ice and let them get to know one another. It was far less awkward than the constant "who are you feeling?" Parts of last night felt watching paint dry at a teenage church mixer!

It was great watching Korey come out his shell.  I love that so many of the new women are interested in him.

Cash needs to stop with the excited whistle thing she does. Plus, she was awful to Andrew

My early predictions about the recouplings immediately after Casa Amor:

Olivia will couple with whoever shows a passing interest because she has to in order to stay in
Cash will couple with Raul because she's not certain that Cinco will break up with Trina
Trina will couple with no one because she wants to stay with Cinco
Kyra will couple with no one because she wants to stay with Will
Shannon will couple with no one because she's already broken Josh and breaking a new guy is a lot of work
Korey will couple with Isabelle
Jeremy will couple with Genevieve (or if that fizzles, he'll just pick anyone to stay in, much like Olivia will)
Will will couple with no one because he wants to stay with Kyra
Cinco ??? I think it depends on how much he likes Cash. Trina seems more and more like she's out of the picture
Josh ??? Depends on how afraid he is of Shannon.

I agree with almost all of these but I do think Cinco will pick Cash and I think Josh will stick with Shannon.  

They typically show clips of all the kissing to each house to drum up drama.  I expect lots of tears from Kyra and lots of anger from both Josh & Shannon. 

• Love 3

Hah, I missed this but yes I think you're right on target with this one. The only thing that could change that is if one of the guys she realizes comes pre-whipped and she can just step right in as his own personal jesus.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, snarts said:

So much for Casa Amor livening things up. Not to sound redundant but there's something about the structure of the US version that makes it incredibly dull.  In part, I think it has to do with the continual gathering of the ladies/guys to talk about their thoughts & feelings.  I feel like they did that multiple times last night.

Also, why does every single game involve kissing? While it drives sexual attraction it doesn't really let them get to know one another. On previous seasons/versions they've had a contest between the two houses to complete a series of tasks, After each task, they'd announce which house completed it the fastest. (ex. line up in height/age order, pass the orange without using your hands, one of the guys: go find a hair straightener) Lots of laughter & running around. It broke the ice and let them get to know one another. It was far less awkward than the constant "who are you feeling?" Parts of last night felt watching paint dry at a teenage church mixer!

It was great watching Korey come out his shell.  I love that so many of the new women are interested in him.

Cash needs to stop with the excited whistle thing she does. Plus, she was awful to Andrew

I agree with almost all of these but I do think Cinco will pick Cash and I think Josh will stick with Shannon.  

They typically show clips of all the kissing to each house to drum up drama.  I expect lots of tears from Kyra and lots of anger from both Josh & Shannon. 

Not sure if you meant it this way, but Cinco can’t pick Cash. He either picks someone new or goes back alone and if Trina is single they remain a couple. But maybe you meant that he’d go back to Trina but break up with her for Cash?

3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Not sure if you meant it this way, but Cinco can’t pick Cash. He either picks someone new or goes back alone and if Trina is single they remain a couple. But maybe you meant that he’d go back to Trina but break up with her for Cash?

You're correct, Stan39.  He can't couple up with her coming out of Casa Amor. I meant that it seems like his mind is made up and he's talked himself into dumping Trina for Cash. Why either of them give him all the power to play this back & forth game is beyond me.  I wish they'd both fall for new guys and dump his ass entirely.

It will be interesting to see what he actually does at the recoupling. Will he stick with Trina?  

Also, typically they're all in couples going into Casa Amor, so they have to make the oh so dramatic decisions at the end.  Does that mean Jeremy & Olivia are considered a couple right now???

• Love 1

I thought it was funny when that one girl (can't remember her name) said she initially thought Jeremy was an asshole, but now she has a better impression of him.  I do think he's made an effort to be more engaging with the boys and girls on camera, instead of just leaning back and flipping his hair.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, snarts said:

You're correct, Stan39.  He can't couple up with her coming out of Casa Amor. I meant that it seems like his mind is made up and he's talked himself into dumping Trina for Cash. Why either of them give him all the power to play this back & forth game is beyond me.  I wish they'd both fall for new guys and dump his ass entirely.

It will be interesting to see what he actually does at the recoupling. Will he stick with Trina?  

Also, typically they're all in couples going into Casa Amor, so they have to make the oh so dramatic decisions at the end.  Does that mean Jeremy & Olivia are considered a couple right now???

Technically Jeremy and Olivia and Cash and Korey are couples, but they all know their partner is finding someone else so they basically HAVE to recouple. I guess, technically someone like Olivia could remain single while expecting Jeremy to recouple, because single people aren’t immediately kicked out upon return. But it wouldn’t do much good. There won’t be another opportunity for them to interact with five new people, so if Olivia doesn’t pick anyone she might as well just leave. The odds of her meeting someone are slim to none. 

• Love 2
On 7/25/2021 at 10:50 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

And that she needed to come on this show to realize to stop going for guys simply because they were big and tall and decided to try personality instead?  Olivia says she wants to feel desired for once?  What was Javonny then?

Literally, Javonny was almost everything she claimed that she wants in a man, except I guess he wasn't tall/beefy enough so she friend zoned him...

I've noticed that the new guys don't seem very interested in her. The girls that they were interested in? Shannon, Kyra, Cashay.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Last night you could really see the phantom hand of production all over getting everyone to talk to everyone and that there was a certain time limit after which they had to move on to the next person.

Spoiler

This is definitely true, for the un-shocking record. The start of Monday's bonus episode a few minutes in Josh is talking with the new girl with the crazy nails. Obviously these are unedited because at one point she says approx 'Wow this is so much pressure!' and he says "I know, we've only got 20 minutes."

And then in one shot the show an oldfashioned manual timer on the couch near them!! So when anyone is talking the time is definitely ticking.

screenshot_256.thumb.jpg.27ed1abeddd55a8425989eaae316f7e2.jpg

The above is a non-spoiler but it's from the monday episode so I wanted to be sure.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Loooooove shaaaaack, babyyyy! This is the content I’m here for! You didn’t realize how downtrodden every damn person in the Villa was until they had the opportunity to meet new people, and they were losing their damn minds like they just won the powerball jackpot. Even Kyra and Shannon were excited—until they realized that meant their partners were also meeting hot singles in their area. Although I think Shannon is pretty resolved that Josh will likely cheat, so she’ll try to make a connection just in case, but Kyra is going to cry and mope while Will moves on. In prior seasons I think there was always a couple or two that I was rooting for and another I hoped would move on, but this time, I want everyone to find someone new! Operation Heart Attack—blow up the Villa, and a clean slate with all brand new couples to have a level playing field at the money. Episode MVP to Korey! He really came out of his shell and was an entirely different person! He was cracking me up! Loser of the episode…and every episode…to Trina. At least Olivia is finally trying. Did Trina even talk to anyone?? No wonder why Cinco is bored of her. Sure, she’s pretty to look at, but no personality. Kyra at least gave us some tears. The singles (boys and girls) came ready to mingle!

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Loooooove shaaaaack, babyyyy! This is the content I’m here for! You didn’t realize how downtrodden every damn person in the Villa was until they had the opportunity to meet new people, and they were losing their damn minds like they just won the powerball jackpot. Even Kyra and Shannon were excited—until they realized that meant their partners were also meeting hot singles in their area. Although I think Shannon is pretty resolved that Josh will likely cheat, so she’ll try to make a connection just in case, but Kyra is going to cry and mope while Will moves on. In prior seasons I think there was always a couple or two that I was rooting for and another I hoped would move on, but this time, I want everyone to find someone new! Operation Heart Attack—blow up the Villa, and a clean slate with all brand new couples to have a level playing field at the money. Episode MVP to Korey! He really came out of his shell and was an entirely different person! He was cracking me up! Loser of the episode…and every episode…to Trina. At least Olivia is finally trying. Did Trina even talk to anyone?? No wonder why Cinco is bored of her. Sure, she’s pretty to look at, but no personality. Kyra at least gave us some tears. The singles (boys and girls) came ready to mingle!

You’re probably right, but I’ve never understood deciding to cheat or breakup with someone because you think they’re going to do it first. Admittedly, Shannon and Josh are not role models for anyone, but the way Shannon justifies her decisions, “Well, I don’t want to cheat but since Josh will probably cheat I’ll do it, too” or “I should cheat to be fair” or “even” is just dumb. Do what makes you happy and take ownership of your decisions. If Shannon cheats it’s not Josh’s fault, it’s what Shannon wants to do. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

In prior seasons I think there was always a couple or two that I was rooting for and another I hoped would move on, but this time, I want everyone to find someone new!

😢  I guess I really am a Right Reasons watcher.  I want Kyra and Will to make it!  And if not then he can make it with me!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Did Trina even talk to anyone?? No wonder why Cinco is bored of her. Sure, she’s pretty to look at, but no personality.

Apologies for quoting and then replying inside a spoiler tag... the following is just talk of monday's episode, nothing grand revealed:

Spoiler

Half of the 'unseen' episode was Trina talking to one of the new guys, the other half was Josh talking to the girl with the funky nails. I can't remember their names... but as I revealed in my other non-spoiler spoiler they all seem to get about 25 minutes (on a timer!) to talk to each person I guess.

These two non-edited convos show why so little of these escape editing to be actually shown. Josh talked about his love for dogs and pasta for a lot of the time. I saw the 2nd was unedited Trina and took a pass. 

If you didn't find it you most certainly didn't miss much.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

😢  I guess I really am a Right Reasons watcher.  I want Kyra and Will to make it!  And if not then he can make it with me!

I’m rooting for Will and the new girl he’s connecting with. (I don’t know names yet.) But already I’m seeing more passion and spark between them. They’re actually talking to each other, not just mooning at each other about how good looking the other one is. Kyra just wraps herself around Will and makes goo-goo eyes at him. I’m not sure what they have in common other than both being ridiculously good looking. I liked the girl whose mom was from Nicaragua, and they were talking about how they could help each other with their English and Spanish respectively. I know it’s not much, but at least it’s something to connect on culturally. The established couples just talk about how they talk to each other or talk about their feelings for each other! We had such a great chat and I love his heart. What does that mean?!? We don’t see any chats on what makes them feel connected beyond physical attraction. Do Shannan and Josh even like each other’s personality? It doesn’t seem like it! Shannan likes how Josh looks but not how he acts. Here we are with a whole set of new people who are attractive AND might also have good personalities?!? Go for it! I liked that Cash met a guy she could have fun dancing with! Great, keep dancing and stop crying over Cinco! Or, go for the other guy who also is interested in having deep conversations and immediately said they could get a surrogate and fertility problems wouldn’t stop him from progressing a relationship. Even all the new girls are claiming which man they’re going to share a bed with. There’s action here with these people! Not just pulling people for a chat to tell them who else pulled them for a chat and chatting about that chat and worrying whether your chat is chattier than the other’s chat….Ugh! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

There were actually two new episodes posted to P+ since Sunday.. The one detailed above was added today as The Drop. However, yesterday they aired a livestream episode at 9pm ET which they aptly call Monday Exclusive.

Summary:

Spoiler

More of the jenga game that aired Sunday. Also, at the main villa, the guys all paired up and shared beds with the ladies: korey & Isabel made out; Jeremy & Genevieve too; Will & Flo chatted in Spanish all night; Cinco & Kay, no action: Josh & Leslie, no action in bed but they kiss again AFTER the game ended. 

Will made breakfast for all the ladies & then did acrobat yoga with Leslie. Genevieve pulled Josh aside to tell him that Shannon's feelings are real. Kay made a hard play for Cinco, he was his normal noncommittal mumbling self. 

At Casa Amor, Cash & Charlie shared a bed & some kissy kissy. The other women doubled up & wouldn't share beds with the guys. Shannon's decided to trust Josh. Cash & Olivia sat in the hot tub & had an annoying conversation about themselves...again. 

Casa Amor played Never Have I Ever. Olivia basically said that she's done it all. Snooze. 

The original villa guests played the Spin the Bottle/Truth or Dare hybrid game. 

Previews showed Kyra saying she trusts Will with all her heart, never an ounce if doubt while showing clips of him making out with Flo. Oops. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

You’re probably right, but I’ve never understood deciding to cheat or breakup with someone because you think they’re going to do it first. Admittedly, Shannon and Josh are not role models for anyone, but the way Shannon justifies her decisions, “Well, I don’t want to cheat but since Josh will probably cheat I’ll do it, too” or “I should cheat to be fair” or “even” is just dumb. Do what makes you happy and take ownership of your decisions. If Shannon cheats it’s not Josh’s fault, it’s what Shannon wants to do. 

It’s because it’s a game show to win money.  They have to figure out to both go to the end and also appear to be worthy of sympathy.  If they simply admit that they are looking for a better bed partner they are less likely to get the votes in the end.

• Love 3
(edited)

Cash is turning into Cely with that teenage screaming.  

I like Korey but it's hard for me to look at him with all those tats.

And this Charlie dude Cash is talking to is too tatted up and he mumbles more than Cinco.   The guy Trina's talking to is cute.  Forget Cinco.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Do Shannan and Josh even like each other’s personality? It doesn’t seem like it! 

Yeah, I get this part.

2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I liked that Cash met a guy she could have fun dancing with! Great, keep dancing and stop crying over Cinco! Or, go for the other guy who also is interested in having deep conversations and immediately said they could get a surrogate and fertility problems wouldn’t stop him from progressing a relationship. 

I agree, I'm happy for Cinco she found someone new.  She seems happy.  I just wish she hadn't done that big (fake) speech about how Cinco's the only man for her.  LOL

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, poor Korey is missing out again! Just when you think he’s connecting with a hot lavenderette(?), he spends the 4 hours of their secret cereal date talking about Bagel Bites and forgets to try to woo her, so Leslie instead throws herself on top of Cinco and immediately kisses him. Man, you’d think both of them were connecting with Leslie, but I guess that’s just Leslie’s personality since she went in hot, and it wasn’t even like it ramped up to a kiss. Cinco, I’ve never spoken to you; let me jump in your lap and give you a kiss! Well, at least he’s decided to move on from Trina and Cash. Apparently Cash has also decided to go all in with the one with the tattoos over the one with the Latin dance moves…unless Cinco still wants to give it a shot. So she’s stringing this guy along telling him she might leave him for the one she really wants—doing EXACTLY what Cinco did to her! Come on!! But somehow that’s okay because she’s the star and the other guy is only here to be an accessory on her journey or whatever.

Although I was rooting for Will and Flo over Will and Kyra, I was still pretty shocked that “his head was turned” so quickly!! Damn, even the single guys aren’t getting non-challenge makeout action like that!! He wasn’t even acting conflicted or guilty! Just…whatever that Joker makeup thing was?? I loved how the guys called him out on that: You can’t play truth or dare with 2 people! Josh, I dare you to kiss me. And the announcer ragging on Korey’s British/Cockney/whatever accent while questioning Will was hilarious!

The preview has Casa Amor ending already?!? I thought they spent a good week or two so there was a real chance to build a connection with someone new? Or they just like, alright guys, we just blew up the most solid couple on day 1. Our work here is done!

I wish I could comment on more people, but I don’t know their names and can’t always remember which “face” was talking with whichever islander. So I’ll just summarize that I was pretty shocked by the behavior in the raunchy races—even Shannon, Kyra, and Trina kissed people. But none of them just kissed—full horizontal grinding was necessary? Oh my! [clutches pearls] Sure, this “party” was really worth it. How does it differ from what they already do every night? It doesn’t, but it provides a “hall pass” to kiss someone new and your partner is apparently contractually obligated to be okay with it.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

BTW I totally forgot Jeremy was on this show until last night's episode started....  This show that is on almost every night......

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Although I was rooting for Will and Flo over Will and Kyra, I was still pretty shocked that “his head was turned” so quickly!! Damn, even the single guys aren’t getting non-challenge makeout action like that!! He wasn’t even acting conflicted or guilty! Just…whatever that Joker makeup thing was?? I loved how the guys called him out on that: You can’t play truth or dare with 2 people! Josh, I dare you to kiss me. And the announcer ragging on Korey’s British/Cockney/whatever accent while questioning Will was hilarious!

The jokes were funny but Flo was very forceful about the whole thing.  I think Will was like a deer caught in the headlights.  He did not look like a totally willful participant.  I know that sounds stupid because Flo is "Instagram hot" and every guy on the island is gaga over her but.....  That all seemed to  be her idea.  She's being super aggressive.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

BTW I totally forgot Jeremy was on this show until last night's episode started....  This show that is on almost every night......

The jokes were funny but Flo was very forceful about the whole thing.  I think Will was like a deer caught in the headlights.  He did not look like a totally willful participant.  I know that sounds stupid because Flo is "Instagram hot" and every guy on the island is gaga over her but.....  That all seemed to  be her idea.  She's being super aggressive.

Yes, Flo was the aggressor, but Will didn’t exactly put up much of a protest! And he went and told all the guys he’s already questioning that maybe Flo is a better match for him than Kyra.

• Love 3

Interesting how in the villa most of the OG girls are not sharing beds with the new guys. That apparently didn't even occur to Josh and Will. 

Will was into the kisses though every time he pulled away he looked like he wanted to throw up. 

I'm over these jump up-wrap your legs around the man and slam her down on the furniture makeout sessions that look like they are eating each other. 

Leslie is my favorite. I love her hair and pretty eyes. She is just super cute and sexy. Flo is freaking gorgeous. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

When did Jeremy go from big dumb slab to astute, sometimes hilarious observer? It's like a dog suddenly started solving physics problems.

I'm confused about Korey because I thought he and Isabelle were going to share a bed, but he was in bed and seemingly falling for Leslie who then immediately climbed on Cinco. Maybe Korey has some ugly personality traits that they're not showing us? I can't understand why no one stays interested in him for very long.

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The jokes were funny but Flo was very forceful about the whole thing.  I think Will was like a deer caught in the headlights.  He did not look like a totally willful participant. 

There was a moment after they were kissing on the swing where he pulled away and looked a little disgusted/angry. He's coming across to me as tolerating her kissing him -- I mean, she's a hot girl and he's not dead -- but I'm skeptical of the things he says about being torn between her and Kyra and think this might be scripted to some degree. Not that producers are coming in with actual scripts and making the Islanders memorize them, but I think there's a lot of leading questions being asked in the THs and conversations between the Islanders that are directed, like, "okay guys, go in the dressing room and ask Will about Flo until he gives up some good dirt."

The other place where I got this sense was Trina and Cash talking about Cinco. Cash said Cinco might come back with another woman as a "reset" and a "fresh start." A little later we see Cinco saying those exact words when talking about Leslie. "Fresh start" could be a coincidence, but "reset" is not a usual way of referring to a new love interest. I think the producers are doing a lot of coaching, and since most of these folks seem to be fairly blank slates, it's easy to get them to repeat things they've heard and think they're having original thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

Maybe Korey just seems young and like he won't make a move?  Cinco is like a big man and all the women want to climb up on him.  LOL

2 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

There was a moment after they were kissing on the swing where he pulled away and looked a little disgusted/angry. He's coming across to me as tolerating her kissing him -- I mean, she's a hot girl and he's not dead -- but I'm skeptical of the things he says about being torn between her and Kyra and think this might be scripted to some degree. Not that producers are coming in with actual scripts and making the Islanders memorize them, but I think there's a lot of leading questions being asked in the THs and conversations between the Islanders that are directed, like, "okay guys, go in the dressing room and ask Will about Flo until he gives up some good dirt."

Yes yes yes and yes..... Agreed with all.

• Love 3

I think Flo has a great body but I don't think she's that hot in the face.  Will did look overpowered when they were kissing, like he didn't know WTF had just happened, and not in a good way. 

There's something about Korey that gets him friend zoned, and I don't know if it's his strange look with the hair, tats, and earrings, or maybe he has bad breath.     

I like how Jeremy has finally come alive, and I like his snark.

I hope this Cash/Cinco/Trina mess ends tonight.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

When did Jeremy go from big dumb slab to astute, sometimes hilarious observer? It's like a dog suddenly started solving physics problems.

I'm confused about Korey because I thought he and Isabelle were going to share a bed, but he was in bed and seemingly falling for Leslie who then immediately climbed on Cinco. Maybe Korey has some ugly personality traits that they're not showing us? I can't understand why no one stays interested in him for very long.

The other place where I got this sense was Trina and Cash talking about Cinco. Cash said Cinco might come back with another woman as a "reset" and a "fresh start." A little later we see Cinco saying those exact words when talking about Leslie. "Fresh start" could be a coincidence, but "reset" is not a usual way of referring to a new love interest. I think the producers are doing a lot of coaching, and since most of these folks seem to be fairly blank slates, it's easy to get them to repeat things they've heard and think they're having original thoughts.

17 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Flo has a great body but I don't think she's that hot in the face.  Will did look overpowered when they were kissing, like he didn't know WTF had just happened, and not in a good way. 

There's something about Korey that gets him friend zoned, and I don't know if it's his strange look with the hair, tats, and earrings, or maybe he has bad breath.     

I like how Jeremy has finally come alive, and I like his snark.

I hope this Cash/Cinco/Trina mess ends tonight.

Korey told us exactly what his issue is and why he friend-zoned himself. He said he and Leslie spent four hours talking after everyone went to sleep and stated that they didn’t even kiss or it wasn’t romantic like it was a good thing. They were talking about their mutual admiration of cereal and bagel bites. It was like two 11-year-old pals who haven’t gone through puberty yet just chilling in the kitchen after school. These people came to get frisky! Korey seems capable of grabbing girls during challenges, but he’s not making a move during the chat. Leslie had 4 hours of conversation with no kissing with Korey, and 4 seconds with Cinco.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Korey told us exactly what his issue is and why he friend-zoned himself. He said he and Leslie spent four hours talking after everyone went to sleep and stated that they didn’t even kiss or it wasn’t romantic like it was a good thing. They were talking about their mutual admiration of cereal and bagel bites. It was like two 11-year-old pals who haven’t gone through puberty yet just chilling in the kitchen after school.

So then I'm wondering why he even went on the show, because if it's to win the money then you have to at least act like you're attracted to each other for the duration of the show.  Women seem to initially like him and then drift away.

And Cash saved him out of pity because he's nice but it was clear she wasn't into him.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Yes, Flo was the aggressor, but Will didn’t exactly put up much of a protest! And he went and told all the guys he’s already questioning that maybe Flo is a better match for him than Kyra.

True, but Flo's arrogance about it is a bit off-putting. It appears that she just wants to win rather than actually being interested in Will.  She seems vapid & petty, especially when she erased Kyra's message on the mirror.

Interesting that they're going to do the re-coupling face to face. If memory serves correctly most Casa Amour endings have involved separate decisions by the guys/girls so the cameras capture the shock & dramatics. (Think girl standing alone looking up at staircase to see if guy descends alone or with another girl).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Korey told us exactly what his issue is and why he friend-zoned himself. He said he and Leslie spent four hours talking after everyone went to sleep and stated that they didn’t even kiss or it wasn’t romantic like it was a good thing.

Haha. I thought that was sweet, but I'm old and sort of a prude so you can't go by me. I was thinking, "Aw, they're building a real relationship, based on ... snacks. But still!" But yeah, I guess for young people who spend that much time working on their abs, they probably want a little more action.

35 minutes ago, snarts said:

True, but Flo's arrogance about it is a bit off-putting. It appears that she just wants to win rather than actually being interested in Will.  She seems vapid & petty, especially when she erased Kyra's message on the mirror.

Also, after every bout of Skanko-Roman wrestling with Will, she'd tell the other women all about it and then say, "Bye Kyra!" which is so juvenile. To be fair, I only heard her and didn't see her say it, so she may have only said it once, possibly in a TH, and the editors just kept looping it in. But I don't like her much, so I choose to believe the worst.

41 minutes ago, snarts said:

Interesting that they're going to do the re-coupling face to face. If memory serves correctly most Casa Amour endings have involved separate decisions by the guys/girls so the cameras capture the shock & dramatics. (Think girl standing alone looking up at staircase to see if guy descends alone or with another girl).

Or Connor sadly clutching Gus the teddy bear. I'm wondering how it will work. Presumably, only the OGs will pick, but do they get to pick anyone or will it be the same as last year when they had to either pick a new person or stay single and hope their partner will stay single too? It seems like the face-to-face recoupling could also alter people's decisions on the spot, like say if Cinco goes before Cash and Trina and chooses Leslie, then Cash will choose Charlie and Trina will probably choose Gabe? (I don't know, but he's the only one I've seen her talking to; possibly she might choose to leave.) But if he stays single, then Trina will stay single and Cash might too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I thought it looked like usual.  There is always one group waiting and then the other group comes down with their choices.  Didn’t we see Kyra returning from CA and coming to join the group 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Or Connor sadly clutching Gus the teddy bear.

😪

Please don't make me miss him/them or I'm going to post GIFs of Calvin the Bug Spray Boy dancing.

1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Haha. I thought that was sweet, but I'm old and sort of a prude so you can't go by me.

Me too.  Poor Korey. He's not built for a competition like this.  He needs a slow burn and for someone to be patient with him.  Purple Hair and Cinco having a "connection" and kissing after 4 seconds just makes me roll my eyes.  What's the difference between the Villa and a strip club?  They're even worse than the people on The Bachelor.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Will was my favorite, but even he knows he went too far. It’s fine for him to pick Flo over Kyra if that’s what he wants, but he said it himself: he was being disrespectful. He also clearly made an agreement with Kyra to only kiss other women in the challenges, which is why he attempted to create a bullshit loophole by playing truth and dare with Flo on that porch swing. He’s not fooling anyone, and even if he does ultimately choose Kyra, he knows damn right well that watching those scenes is going to break her heart. 
And Korey was strongly encouraging all the guys to act like it was a bachelor’s party, which I guess in his mind means make out and grind on all the women you want. Newsflash Korey,  most women are not okay with their partner cheating on them before the wedding. There are no free passes. 
I hate to say it but I get why all the women want to make out with Cinco. He’s not relationship material at all, but he’s sexy. He just has that charisma and machismo combination that is very sexy at face value. Of course, long term, he’s a total player who will likely won’t be faithful until he’s at least 40. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11