Type keyword(s) to search

Dune: The Sisterhood - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, SnarkShark said:

Spinoffs for things that haven't even released? 

Dune is actually a book series, already has one movie treatment (David Lynch) and a mini series of the first three books (SyFy). So while the new movie tie-in will help, the show isn’t based solely on the movie.

I love the Bene Gesserit from the books. The Dune series is such a rich and varied world. 

• Love 3

I'm fascinated by this side of the Dune universe, but haven't read the Brian Herbert books. I tried. I can't. 

This isn't the book thread, but I think Sisters of the Vast Black by Lina Rather might be of interest to Bene Gesserit fans. 

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I'm fascinated by this side of the Dune universe, but haven't read the Brian Herbert books. I tried. I can't. 

This isn't the book thread, but I thing Sisters of the Vast Black by Lina Rather might be of interest to Bene Gesserit fans. 

God I loved the book. He created a complete universe not just as background for the major characters. I hope that makes sense! 

• Love 2

Yeah, I will chime in here to say that the original Dune and (less so) one or two of the sequels together are quite the masterpiece in universe building. Especially the original. I read Sisters of the Vast Black and (IMO!) found it thin, polemic and predictable. Not even in the same league, despite my hopeful expectations (nuns in space!).

Anyways, the casting for this series is superb so if we are lucky enough to have good writers who can riff off the already created reality to supply a brilliant backstory then it should be wonder-filled.

• Love 1

The Bene Gesserit operated within the patriarchy and used the patriarchy against itself, while working to create the a man to rule them all. It was very odd and i would really like to see whatever could be made of it, although i'm not sure that is what I'd see. Assuming the show is made, at this point.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

‘Dune: The Sisterhood’ Adds Olivia Williams, Jodhi May Following Cast Exits; Anna Foerster Boards as Director

Olivia Williams playing Tula Harkonnen and Jodhi May playing Natalya, join “Dune: The Sisterhood” while Shirley Henderson and Indira Varma depart. Anna Foerster is now the director of the series, replacing Johan Renck.

Set in the world of “Dune” 10,000 years before the ascension of Paul Atreides, the series follows the Harkonnen sisters as they combat forces that threaten the future of humankind, and establish the fabled sect known as the Bene Gesserit. The prequel is based on the novel “Sisterhood of Dune” by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.

• Like 1