Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Let's Talk About Sex...

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mmal said:

Natalie had absolutely no right to give away her husband's lovely gifts.

You don't regift an Ancient Aliens DVD box set, a Confederate flag, and a masturbation video with laugh-out-loud dirty talk. That's just plain wrong.

Anyone else feeling nostalgic for the the time in which the craziest thing about their relationship was his aliens? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

Natalie is a crazy pie but the notion that Mike's horrible treatment of her is somehow her fault is mind boggling to me. 

He brought her here,(even though he didn't want to marry her), isolated her, called off the wedding, then asked for a fucking HUG as she sobbed. 

He screams at her, talks over her, demands that she "communicate" but the instant she opens her mouth he shouts her down. Then smirks. He is an abuser. No one "drove" him to being an abuser. She still has sex with him, for crying out loud. She's probably scared not to. 

9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Am I the only one who wanted to see an itemized list of these lovely gifts? 

You are not. He's gone on and on about the "lovely gifts". I bet they're all crap. Maybe he got them at the hardware store he works at with his employee discount. Maybe Natalie didn't want a power sander or some C clamps? Either that or he went to CVS and got some drugstore perfume and a hair dryer. Can you hear it now? "why aren't you wearing that lovely perfume I got you?" "Where are the socks I gave you?" "Its so chilly, why don't you put on the lovely flannel shirt and down vest you got for Christmas?" He's full of shit. I hate him. 

If you give someone a gift, it belongs to them. They can do with it what they please. She could have thrown them in the closest dumpster. It wouldn't be very nice, but he's so shitty to her I can see her doing it as a way to get back at him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You are not. He's gone on and on about the "lovely gifts". I bet they're all crap. Maybe he got them at the hardware store he works at with his employee discount. Maybe Natalie didn't want a power sander or some C clamps? Either that or he went to CVS and got some drugstore perfume and a hair dryer. Can you hear it now? "why aren't you wearing that lovely perfume I got you?" "Where are the socks I gave you?" "Its so chilly, why don't you put on the lovely flannel shirt and down vest you got for Christmas?" He's full of shit. I hate him. 

If you give someone a gift, it belongs to them. They can do with it what they please. She could have thrown them in the closest dumpster. It wouldn't be very nice, but he's so shitty to her I can see her doing it as a way to get back at him. 

I think the gifts were cheap ass jewelry, gift cards to the butcher store and Total Wine and More, socks, some lingerie (for him) plus a bone for the dog or something.

I agree about the gifts  - you can do what you want!  To put a condition on it makes it NOT a gift.

Per whoever said this season is gross and only these threads give it life are spot on.  I saw a promo for the new TOW and I am not watching, plus I don't get TLC anymore, lol.  Six couples, only two are new.   I am OVER Gramma and Grandson Jenny and Sumit.

• Love 6

Yes, gifts are yours to do with as you please...but I admit, I would be super PISSED off if my new husband (cause they are still newlyweds FFS) turned around and regifted. If Mike is just a shitty gift giver (wouldn't shock me), then he should have a clue at this point in his life that this is not his strong suite and ASK what she wants for Xmas or if she liked the gifts. When I give my BF something, since we are still relatively new in this relationship, I always caveat it with, "if you don't like it pls tell me, we can take it back and you pick something. I would rather that than see it just sit unused." 

Neither one is a prize, but I can imagine they were some shitty generic gifts, they had another fight and to piss him off she regifted. And made sure he knew it. If any of the gifts were valuable I can't imagine she wouldn't have kept them at the least to return for $$ or credit later after dumping his ass. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Six couples, only two are new.   I am OVER Gramma and Grandson Jenny and Sumit.

Could it be that they are struggling to find couples willing to put their relationships out there? Did Covid kill off the international romance market?? 

And FFS, why are Sumit and Jenny back yet again? She is living in India. She did it, she made the move.....all that is left is his divorce adn their ceremony. Maybe there is something in the contract that TLC has to film a wedding (which would explain why they were pissed that Molly married Luis in secret)? How the hell can they have a huge Indian wedding and film during covid?? 

I agree, I won't watch----zero interest in this dragging on. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Could it be that they are struggling to find couples willing to put their relationships out there? Did Covid kill off the international romance market??

I would guess that Covid restrictions did kill off a lot of these international courtships and people are less likely to look for spouses overseas now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think the gifts were cheap ass jewelry, gift cards to the butcher store and Total Wine and More, socks, some lingerie (for him) plus a bone for the dog or something.

I agree about the gifts  - you can do what you want!  To put a condition on it makes it NOT a gift.

Per whoever said this season is gross and only these threads give it life are spot on.  I saw a promo for the new TOW and I am not watching, plus I don't get TLC anymore, lol.  Six couples, only two are new.   I am OVER Gramma and Grandson Jenny and Sumit.

You don't know for a fact that what he gave was crap and even if it was, what she did was rude, rude and rude.  And this coming from someone that can't stand Mike. I just cannot stand her more.  She apparently got what she came here for... fame and living the life in Miami.  Good riddance.

Edited by Marley GMA
  • Love 17
37 minutes ago, Marley GMA said:

You don't know for a fact that what he gave was crap and even if it was, what she did was rude, rude and rude.  And this coming from someone that can't stand Mike. I just cannot stand her more. 

This. So now gifts only have value if a bunch of strangers give them a thumbs-up and are shitty if they get a thumbs-down? I've gotten some pretty crappy gifts over the course of a lifetime, from people I loved, but I've never submitted them to a panel of experts to determine their worth and then trashed them or gave them away (and let the giver know I did!) if they didn't pass somebody else's muster. I'm finding this kind of shocking, and I can't stand Mike on his own merits, or lack thereof.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

I would guess that Covid restrictions did kill off a lot of these international courtships and people are less likely to look for spouses overseas now.

1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Maybe people have wised up to Sharp's ways!?!? I mean there are a few prior contestants(!? right word) that said they would never go back on again.  

• Love 3

Did any of you notice how Asuelu gave his mom a super quick kiss and pulled back? He did not want another make-out session recorded on TV! LOL!

WTF is wrong with Tammy? She is the perfect example of someone who would really benefit from a good humbling beatdown. She needs to hang out with Family Libby. And why do Tammy and her kids have to come to Kalani’s house? Tammy only came to bring his mom. Why couldn’t Asuelu just pick his mom up from the Airbnb and leave Tammy there?

I cannot express my level of disinterest in Family Libby’s wannabe HGTV segments. However, Andrei should remind Libby’s family that they get to be on TV because of him, and he gets to flip houses because of Chuck. So they can call it even since they’re so thirsty for fame. And Chuck needs to fire his daughters. They are greedy garbage people that don’t have a clue what earning what they have really feels like. It is painful watching that family.

Jen and Becky: “We don’t want to bring up the drama.” In the next scene, Jen and Becky bring up the drama.

If Angela was able to carry a baby, it would be born addicted to nicotine. And I did not need to hear about her entering wet T-shirt contests. 

I’m so over Angela acting like it’s crazy Michael still wants a baby. He made it clear from the very beginning how important it is for him to have a child with her in some way, shape, or form. She is the most selfish, self-centered, domineering, abrasive bitch. And now that she doesn’t have the “old lady” breasts that he apparently loves, I really don’t know what he sees in her. Honestly, I never did understand what he saw in her.

Brandon is ridiculous being this dramatic moving a half hour away at 28. He’s a whole grown child. Just pathetic. And Betty is the absolute worst, sitting on that kitchen counter acting like she owns the place.

I could not stand Mike yelling in that high pitched voice. It really triggered me. Also, if we were playing a game where we took a shot every time Mike got up during an argument, I would already be drunk by the end of the show.

Natalie: I wanna talk about something. Mike: Why do you keep bringing this up? Also Mike: YOU DON’T TALK TO ME! He is straight up abusive. 

I really hope that the 90 Day editors take a page out of the Housewives book and dramatically show footage of Trish calling Natalie a hooker at this season’s tell all.

Jovi describing life in the suburbs as, “All we do is eat lunch…” was perfect. 

He was literally being jealous over his baby and saying, “All you talk about is Mylah.” I wanted to slap him. I would have walked right out. He should be happy that Yara is such a good mom! It’s good that she doesn’t want to go out and party anymore. If he would just lighten up and stop making her feel guilty for being a loving mom to her infant child, she will probably eventually be ready to leave the baby occasionally and go out and have fun. It’s perfectly natural that she is much more focused on the baby than him right now because the baby is an infant. He obviously doesn’t want to grow up and step up and be a father and husband. He still wants to party. Yara is maturing emotionally as she should now that she’s a parent. Jovi better get with the program or he’s going to be left behind.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, politichick said:

He probably would have been happy to go to a nice hotel in NOLA but offered Miami to please her.

On the "upcoming" part, they had Jovi taking Yara to a strip club.  If it happened in Miami, that would explain why they went there--they needed the stripper to be a stranger, and he apparently knows all the ones in New Orleans.

11 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I cannot express my level of disinterest in Family Libby’s wannabe HGTV segments. However, Andrei should remind Libby’s family that they get to be on TV because of him, and he gets to flip houses because of Chuck. So they can call it even since they’re so thirsty for fame.

I thought, "I hadn't thought of that.  That's a good point."  But I think it might be what has actually happened--they all know their roles and are acting (literally) accordingly. 

1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Maybe people have wised up to Sharp's ways!?!? I mean there are a few prior contestants(!? right word) that said they would never go back on again.  

Sadly, I think they're referred to as "the talent."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

I know of some couples who would qualify, yet had never heard of the show. 

• Love 1
On 7/27/2021 at 12:06 PM, Kath94 said:

I agree, MFM.  Mike goes on about "all the lovely gifts" but no one mentioned what they were.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was trolling her with them.

I am guessing that none of the lovely gifts were monogrammed.

My guesses of the lovely gifts were, gloves(work), an iron, wood splitting lessons, a tee shirt from his place of work and a gift certificate to hair salon that Mike goes to.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am guessing that none of the lovely gifts were monogrammed.

My guesses of the lovely gifts were, gloves(work), an iron, wood splitting lessons, a tee shirt from his place of work and a gift certificate to hair salon that Mike goes to.

. . . and a copy of "The Happy Hooker" book.

• LOL 10

I read something about the hooker claim, I don't know if it's true, please forgive me if I'm just spreading a rumor!

Spoiler

From memory, I read that Natalie explained to Trish the things she was doing for a living in Ukraine.  She was trying to explain her job as a hostess and that's where Trish paraphrased it as a "hooker", literally using the word.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

He should be happy that Yara is such a good mom! It’s good that she doesn’t want to go out and party anymore. If he would just lighten up and stop making her feel guilty for being a loving mom to her infant child,

Exactly. Imagine if Yara WASN'T bonding with her baby----and sat around getting shitfaced drunk, leaving her with whoever is willing so that she can go live it up in NOLA while he is off working for months at a time. Not saying she shouldn't lighten up a bit even just for one night, but...Can't imagine if every time he tried to call home while he was at work, Gwen or some new random sitter answered and said..."oh, yeah, Yara went out..." He would be LIVID, with good reason. 

Anyone else a Garth Brooks fan? As I was typing that above, his song, "Papa Loved Mama" was playing in my head, lol 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I imagine that Jovi told her to gussy up 'cause he was taking her out, show her off sort of thing while he wore a tee shirt and jeans, I think he likes the trophy of a hot wife then he  takes a bottle to an empty roof top bar and they drink and she is bored.  I think she thought she was going to South Beach to the art deco district where there crowds of people and she would be seen.

I grew up in South Florida in the 70s and 80s, before South Beach was what it has grown into.  Throughout the early 80s I was very active in the Miami Beach Jaycees and we worked very closely with the Miami Design Preservation League in reviving the old Art Deco hotels and buildings, and making South Beach a destination hot spot.  Before it was chic (or should I instead say bougie? LOL) to hang out down there, we used to go hang out after some of our fundraising projects at hotels like the Carlysle that had a piano bar and nothing more, and had great times soaking up the vintage atmosphere.  It was not, however, safe back then because South Florida was suffering from the aftermath of the Mariel boatlifts, which brought over many dangerous Cuban felons from Cuba.  South Beach worked hard to overcome that negative reputation and to become one of the must elite, picturesque and world famous neighborhoods in the U.S., with many upscale eateries and unique lodging accommodations, and celebrity encounters.

If I was Yara I would have been disappointed if Jovi had brought us all the way to South Florida, but then didn't bring her to that area to dine and/or party.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

And FFS, why are Sumit and Jenny back yet again? She is living in India. She did it, she made the move.....all that is left is his divorce adn their ceremony. Maybe there is something in the contract that TLC has to film a wedding (which would explain why they were pissed that Molly married Luis in secret)? How the hell can they have a huge Indian wedding and film during covid?? 

I agree, I won't watch----zero interest in this dragging on. 

The big thing is that she hasn't moved to India, not legally. She has to leave every 6 months and renew the visa. As long as he doesn't marry her then she can't live there. I don't think he WILL marry her. I think he enjoyed the distance romance, and the fantasy, but reality is different. I bet his parents were financially supporting him before Jenny came over. Now he has to actually grow up. 

• Love 3
On 7/24/2021 at 2:07 PM, ethalfrida said:

Natalie was horrible to Mike when they first appeared in the show. She is still horrible. I find some of Mike's responses sometimes lame but not particularly mean...

I agree with you.  She’s got a very thin link to sanity.  I think we’ll read about Natalie some day when she’s arrested for stabbing someone to death.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 7/27/2021 at 1:54 PM, Xebug67 said:

If someone treated a son of mine that way, there'd be much worse hell to pay than what Natalie's thus far endured.

If someone treats my daughter that way(Mike AND his mother), I would be very upset, and I’m too far away to help her.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

If Angela was able to carry a baby, it would be born addicted to nicotine. And I did not need to hear about her entering wet T-shirt contests. 

Angela in a wet t-shirt at a bar in Biloxi Mississippi in 1994, puffing on a Marlboro with the pack plastered to her chest under the wet t-shirt.

"Ya'll better vote for me ya hear?  Ya'll better not be looking at those other bitches!  Eyes up front on me or I'm gonna step off this stage and start kicking all your asses!  You smirking at something, Hasselhoff Wannabe?  I'll give ya something to smirk at!!"

Brawl ensues, bouncers break it up.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

We'll never totally agree with each other but, personally, it's about what I felt when watching that scene: with Natalie I feel total frustration and irritation, with Mike I feel uncomfortable and queasy. We bring our past experiences with us when we watch this so it CAN be a little subjective, of course, but right or wrong, I'm reminded of my extremely abusive ex so no matter whose "fault" it is, it's just not an enjoyable viewing experience for me. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, mmal said:

You don't regift an Ancient Aliens DVD box set, a Confederate flag, and a masturbation video with laugh-out-loud dirty talk. That's just plain wrong.

They never said what he gave her. It may not have been that lovely. She is a pain in the ass but hes an asshole. ... And  a mama's boy.  I think his mother might have called her a Hooker under her breath,  and she thought she might get away with it.

17 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Natalie is a crazy pie but the notion that Mike's horrible treatment of her is somehow her fault is mind boggling to me. 

He brought her here,(even though he didn't want to marry her), isolated her, called off the wedding, then asked for a fucking HUG as she sobbed. 

He screams at her, talks over her, demands that she "communicate" but the instant she opens her mouth he shouts her down. Then smirks. He is an abuser. No one "drove" him to being an abuser. She still has sex with him, for crying out loud. She's probably scared not to. 

I really wanted to know what those gifts were. I think hes not saying because he knows they aren't that lovely.

• Love 4

Pepper Mostly 

I agree. He is as n abuser. He's a douche. She is different,  but he doesn't even like her.

I think Mike married her to stay Is on the show. He said he had a big debt on that land, and I think the show is helping him pay it off.   I think as soon as he gets enough money he will go off the show, unless we can get TLC to do it!

• Love 5

I can't believe that Brandon's parents thought that if they just kept him there he would take over the farm . Brandon and Julia were doing a lot of work and not getting paid. They got one room to sleep in. Julia was smart to get his butt out of there. He's an only child and Tie to his parents.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, antfitz said:

I can't believe that Brandon's parents thought that if they just kept him there he would take over the farm . Brandon and Julia were doing a lot of work and not getting paid. They got one room to sleep in. Julia was smart to get his butt out of there. He's an only child and Tie to his parents.

I think Ron has other kids but it sounds like they may be estranged.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Dobian said:

Angela in a wet t-shirt at a bar in Biloxi Mississippi in 1994, puffing on a Marlboro with the pack plastered to her chest under the wet t-shirt.

"Ya'll better vote for me ya hear?  Ya'll better not be looking at those other bitches!  Eyes up front on me or I'm gonna step off this stage and start kicking all your asses!  You smirking at something, Hasselhoff Wannabe?  I'll give ya something to smirk at!!"

Brawl ensues, bouncers break it up.

She probably has a heater in her hand while this is happening

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/28/2021 at 8:05 AM, Marley GMA said:

You don't know for a fact that what he gave was crap and even if it was, what she did was rude, rude and rude.  And this coming from someone that can't stand Mike. I just cannot stand her more.  She apparently got what she came here for... fame and living the life in Miami.  Good riddance.

100% agree with everything you said.  I too cannot stand Mike or his mother, but despise Natalie even more.  I truly believe that Natalie is, always has been, and always will be the instigator of all of their fights and not getting along.  When Mike went to the Ukraine their first season, I never saw him be anything but devoted and caring of Natalie, and truly disappointed that they had not yet been able to get her the visa.  Meanwhile, all she did was harp on him and brag about herself and act superior and make him feel inferior to her.  The throwing back of the ring was, I believe, the catalyst for all of Mike's subsequent misbehavior where Natalie's concerned.  The straw that broke his camel's back if you will.  It didn't help that at that season's Tell All she would not/could not say that she loved/cared for him.

What I have never understood is why he allowed her to still come to the U.S. when her visa was finally approved.  He did not look happy when she gave him that news.  If anything, he looked totally defeated and depressed about the prospect of that beyotch showing up here.  Maybe it was the sunk cost fallacy that drove him.  I don't know.  I don't believe there was any love for her any longer once she got over here, and especially after all of the verbal, emotional and mental abuse that she inflicted on him on what seemed like a daily, nonstop basis. 

Natalie is NOT a nice person.  Natalie is NOT a decent person.  Natalie is NOT a loving person.  She's rude, self-absorbed, obnoxious, abusive, and just downright nasty and belligerent and argumentative and hateful and spiteful.  Good riddance to her if they are finally broken up.  I cannot find as many unpleasant things to say about Mike as I can about Natalie.  That by no means is because I like him or think he's a good guy, because he's not.  He's an a**hole just like Natalie, but in a different, less nasty way than Natalie.

• Love 14

@Pepper Mostly has already written a pretty good post going over this upthread...

Bottom line for me is that it was clear he never wanted her to come here. He should've broken up with her before she bought the plane ticket. Maybe then they BOTH could've been with people they actually liked. 

** note: he was upset because she slept with him and then left 2 days later, but he also slept with her 2 days before the wedding and then called off the wedding the next day. Where TF was she supposed to go? Her country was literally on lockdown and wasn't letting people back in yet. 

32 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

What are some things Mike did that makes him such a bad guy? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

@Pepper Mostly has already written a pretty good post going over this upthread...

Bottom line for me is that it was clear he never wanted her to come here. He should've broken up with her before she bought the plane ticket. Maybe then they BOTH could've been with people they actually liked. 

** note: he was upset because she slept with him and then left 2 days later, but he also slept with her 2 days before the wedding and then called off the wedding the next day. Where TF was she supposed to go? Her country was literally on lockdown and wasn't letting people back in yet. 

Actually, I was asking for individual opinions on exactly what members deem as awful behavior. I read Pepper's take on it. Thank you for yours...

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Actually, I was asking for individual opinions on exactly what members deem as awful behavior. I read Pepper's take on it. Thank you for yours...

If we're keeping score, Natalie's way ahead on the nasty scoreboard in her frequency as well as degree of nastiness towards Mike.  I know I won't remember everything that Mike may have said or did, but what comes to mind of instances where Mike was mean and/or in the wrong with regards to Natalie, were primarily icing her out during their previous season when she got visa approval and finally arrived here in the U.S.  If Mike wasn't totally over his anger and resentment towards Natalie for throwing the ring back at him, he should never have allowed her to move here to be with him.  He then was kind of an a**hole when she wanted to make wedding plans and he didn't want to have anything to do with that.  But his biggest and most a**holey act was calling off the wedding at the last second.  

Since they've been on Happily Ever After, perhaps his greatest offense has been to blindly be defending his mother against his wife, and being in total disbelief that his mother possibly said what Natalie thought she heard regarding the hooker comment.  Granted, his opinion of Natalie appears to be that she frequently cries wolf, and appears to imagine a lot of things that are not the case or have not truly happened, so he's more likely to discredit her statements than his mom's, but it's not out of the realm of possibility or even probability that Trish did say something not nice to/about Natalie that Natalie heard and ran with "hooker".  I also agree that it was a dick move to take Natalie to a butcher shop.  Mike should have forewarned Natalie that she might want to wait in the truck for he and Trish to be done with their food shopping to spare her that unpleasantness.  I would say that most of that Oklahoma visit is where Mike was on his worst behavior with regards to Natalie.

Other than that, Natalie has been far meaner, nastier, uglier about Mike than vice-versa.

He's also thus far paid for everything to do with her visa, and likely also flying her over here.  He pays all their home-related bills, probably also clothes her, and for any grooming/beauty care needs of hers, as well as feeds her.  I'm assuming that he's paying their car insurance, her medical care and surgeries, and whatever other monetary expenses pertain to a couple living together, as Natalie cannot yet work.  Who even knows if/when she is finally eligible to work that she will do so, given her grandiose schemes for becoming a star.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 7/28/2021 at 9:14 AM, Stuckathome said:

And FFS, why are Sumit and Jenny back yet again?

I thought it was 90 DAY fiance, not 90 Month Fiance.  I am over these two.  I was a loooong time ago.  Her voice......ick.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

He's also thus far paid for everything to do with her visa, and likely also flying her over here.  He pays all their home-related bills, probably also clothes her, and for any grooming/beauty care needs of hers, as well as feeds her.  I'm assuming that he's paying their car insurance, her medical care and surgeries, and whatever other monetary expenses pertain to a couple living together, as Natalie cannot yet work.  Who even knows if/when she is finally eligible to work that she will do so, given her grandiose schemes for becoming a star.

We don't know for sure Mike has paid for everything when it comes to the visa. And you cannot discount the money they've made from the 90 Day franchise. Natalie might not be officially working but she is contributing financially by being on this show. I know people look at finances differently but for me, once you are married money is shared. Mike isn't supporting her- instead they are a single income household and this is a decision they made together when they decided to go down the K1 visa route. 

Mike doesn't deserve a cookie for financially supporting Natalie. He is doing what he is supposed to do! And he took on the responsibility when he sponsored her for the visa. If he couldn't afford to support her while she can't work, or didn't want to he could have withdrawn the petition. 

That is not to say Natalie isn't awful. But the imbalance in power between Mike and Natalie in the States really makes me dislike Mike more than Natalie. 

• Love 7
On 7/27/2021 at 4:27 PM, politichick said:

Love the goofballs. They cracked me up when they were urging Michael to use different fruits to describe loathsome Angela's new boobs.

I LOL’d when one of them was like, “Apples?? CHERRIES?? 🍒😂😂

Give The Goofballs a special on discovery plus!

On 7/27/2021 at 10:07 PM, magemaud said:

Libby’s mom has been divorced from Chuck for years and now is married to a man named Walter. She and Walter came to the  wedding in Moldova and stayed in the same rental as Chuck and their kids. She was the brunette woman holding Ellie at her birthday party during the cake throwing incident this week. She does speak on camera from time to time, but I guess she doesn’t get much screen time because she appears to be normal and drama-free. 

I saw her there holding the baby too. She is a pretty lady but too much Botox, Mom Libby! Maybe it was just the angle but I think too much Botox just like daughter Jen. Mom Libby looked less pulled last time she was on. 

Also there was one quick shot when setting up for the birthday party and they showed Libby in profile and she looked exactly like CHUCK! 😱😱 Especially in the face / neck. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

We don't know for sure Mike has paid for everything when it comes to the visa. And you cannot discount the money they've made from the 90 Day franchise. Natalie might not be officially working but she is contributing financially by being on this show. I know people look at finances differently but for me, once you are married money is shared. Mike isn't supporting her- instead they are a single income household and this is a decision they made together when they decided to go down the K1 visa route. 

Mike doesn't deserve a cookie for financially supporting Natalie. He is doing what he is supposed to do! And he took on the responsibility when he sponsored her for the visa. If he couldn't afford to support her while she can't work, or didn't want to he could have withdrawn the petition. 

That is not to say Natalie isn't awful. But the imbalance in power between Mike and Natalie in the States really makes me dislike Mike more than Natalie. 

You're right. And Natalie wasn't allowed to work at the time. 

Being the primary earner does not give someone carte blanch on how they treat their partner. It should not be used to justify poor behavior. I am the primary earner in my household but I don't hold the fact that I provide shelter or food on the table over my husband's head. I've literally never even thought of that. His earnings may not be as much, but there are other ways to contribute to the household and we're on equal footing.

Bottom line is that Mike did not seem to want to marry Natalie. Whether it's because she's nuttier than squirrel shit or he no longer loved her is irrelevant. It should never have gone this far. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I thought it was 90 DAY fiance, not 90 Month Fiance.  I am over these two.  I was a loooong time ago.  Her voice......ick.

But she gave up everything! Even her car! What a blow she’s been dealt!

• LOL 8
21 hours ago, Xebug67 said:
On 7/28/2021 at 11:05 AM, Marley GMA said:

100% agree with everything you said.  I too cannot stand Mike or his mother, but despise Natalie even more.  I truly believe that Natalie is, always has been, and always will be the instigator of all of their fights and not getting along.  When Mike went to the Ukraine their first season, I never saw him be anything but devoted and caring of Natalie, and truly disappointed that they had not yet been able to get her the visa.  Meanwhile, all she did was harp on him and brag about herself and act superior and make him feel inferior to her.  The throwing back of the ring was, I believe, the catalyst for all of Mike's subsequent misbehavior where Natalie's concerned.  The straw that broke his camel's back if you will.  It didn't help that at that season's Tell All she would not/could not say that she loved/cared for him.

Yes, it was a completely different Mike at the beginning when he went to Ukraine.  She was the nasty one.  The thing I think that broke Mike was not just that she gave him his ring back, but the way she did it.  Then she totally flipped the script in the taxi to the airport.

Why did he agree to have her come to US?  If I remember correctly, he seemed to think he had months before he had to decide when out of the blue it was approved.  He looked shocked when she facetimed him to tell him.  But I also remember she said herself they were not in a good place and wasn't even sure she should go.  So its not like he blindsided her on anything except that BS he pulled when he called off the wedding.

That being said he needed to reel his mother in at the Thanksgiving visit but didn't.  But her getting up that last morning and giving everyone the silent treatment was bizarre too but typical of her.  Ghosting him on surgery day too.  He may be a mama's boy and a douche sometimes but she is no prize with her passive aggressive victim behavior. 

• Love 5
On 7/28/2021 at 1:33 AM, mmal said:

THIS. This is exactly what he gave her for Christmas. And that's why she gave them away. I would bet all the boob comparison fruits on this one. 

Natalie is homesick, anxious, depressed and lonely. If Mike loved her or was capable he would help her navigate to health for example counselor visits including mediation intervention or even getting her in a sport club or knitting club or anything, cooking etc. He is just a mama's boy on a Coltee level and does not have the capabilities. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I can’t believe that I’m defending Natalie but regarding the regifting I think that she may have believed it is a cultural norm here to bring gifts to a holiday party (not sure if it is in Ukraine) and she likely does not have her own stash of money from which to buy them.  So she regifted in order to not arrive empty handed and be perceived as a rude guest.  Maybe she was hoping that Mike wouldn’t notice that they were missing.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I totally respect your opinion, and I'm not a Mike lover by any means.  I'm not saying he deserves a cookie, but he does deserve at the very least a modicum of respect and appreciation, whether he's doing it all on his own or along with a financial contribution from her.  Calling him fat and stupid (despite those possibly being true statements, LOL) are about as far as you can get from being appreciative and respectful. 

This couple is I think the only couple this season of HEA who are constantly depicted as miserably unhappy/facing off against each other in every single opening segment image of the two of them.  Usually, you'll have a couple looking happy and facing towards each other and seeming to love each other at least a few times and not just only always showing angry images of them.  NOT so with this couple.  Their poses are always of them being absolutely miserable/hateful.  I absolutely cannot fathom why these two are still together.  They both so obviously DESPISE each other.

Edited by Xebug67
Left off part of what I wanted to say.
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

You're right. And Natalie wasn't allowed to work at the time. 

Being the primary earner does not give someone carte blanch on how they treat their partner. It should not be used to justify poor behavior. I am the primary earner in my household but I don't hold the fact that I provide shelter or food on the table over my husband's head. I've literally never even thought of that. His earnings may not be as much, but there are other ways to contribute to the household and we're on equal footing.

Bottom line is that Mike did not seem to want to marry Natalie. Whether it's because she's nuttier than squirrel shit or he no longer loved her is irrelevant. It should never have gone this far. 

I agree with everything you said.  Just to make it clear in case anyone is thinking I'm justifying Mike's being nasty to Natalie, I'm not.  All I'm saying is that her verbal, mental and emotional abuse of him is not acceptable either.  She's a nasty piece of work.  I have no problem with Mike giving her tit for tat.  Just because he's a man is no justification for it to be okay to be mistreated by her either.  Ideally all couples would be loving and respectful towards each other, however if one person in the relationship is dishing out a lot of sh** towards the other, I don't think the other party who's the recipient of that should have to lie down and take it, whether they be male or female. 

With regards to Natalie being treated badly because she's not for the time being financially contributing, I don't believe that Mike is acting out towards her because of that.  I do believe he resigned himself to being the sole breadwinner, at least temporarily, even as far back as when he was visiting her in Ukraine.  I do think he has plenty of other reasons for acting out in retaliation for how she's treated him.

I've said multiple times, this marriage should never have taken place.  He was so clearly over her as far back as when he first got the news of her having finally gotten the visa.  There was no happiness showing on his face when he got that call from her.  There definitely was no joy the entire time of their 90 days together before finally tying the knot.  There was, IMO only fake joy on their wedding day.  This was one train wreck that should never have gotten through to fruition of culminating in marriage.

Edited by Xebug67
Corrected misspelling
  • Love 3

Natalie said on numerous occasions that she cannot say she loves Mike. The highly educated, cultured, Journalist/Actress and alleged member of Mensa thinks him beneath her.   So, I just couldn't understand why she fought so hard to get him to marry her.  Unless she had an ulterior motive.  

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Natalie said on numerous occasions that she cannot say she loves Mike. The highly educated, cultured, Journalist/Actress and alleged member of Mensa thinks him beneath her.   So, I just couldn't understand why she fought so hard to get him to marry her.  Unless she had an ulterior motive.  

FLORIDA

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

So, I just couldn't understand why she fought so hard to get him to marry her.  Unless she had an ulterior motive.  

To be fair.....her visa was expiring during the height of Covid lockdown. It was uncertain if she would even be allowed to get back in the Ukraine, or get a flight somewhere, anywhere in Europe and what would happen when she got off the plane (April 2020). They filmed it all last season......Mike tried to get her to just overstay her visa and suggested immigration would give her a pass because of the pandemic. They consulted a lawyer who said nope, that won't happen, if you don't get married she needs to leave or if she stays she is considered "illegal" and violating her visa. Which, long term, could impact any application she has for even a tourist visa back to the US. So I get why she didn't just want to let it expire and ride out the pandemic as an "illegal" immigrant. I think in that sense, she did pressure him for the wedding to take place. I think this was all about the $$ for him---to pay down his debt---and then Covid threw a wrench in it and maybe he felt bad totally hanging her out to dry. So he married her in that crappy backyard wedding. Well, semi formal I mean Uncle Beau did put on a clean wife beater for the event. 

It's a marriage that never should have happened adn these two clowns want to keep the TLC money rolling in so they keep pretending it's real......too bad they are both just insufferable. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

So, I just couldn't understand why she fought so hard to get him to marry her.  Unless she had an ulterior motive.  

Just my theory: I’ve thought all along that Natalie was only using Mike as a way to get to the US. She originally pushed to get pregnant while she was still in the Ukraine which would have sealed the deal, but when that didn’t happen, she pushed for Mike to bring her over on the K1 Visa. He didn’t have any intention of marrying her, but the TLC/Sharp paycheck was just too good to pass up. Sure, he could put up with her for 90 days, then he’d send her back.  Natalie was obviously disappointed by life in Sequim, but when Covid made it impossible for her to go home, Mike backed himself into a corner, and went through with the wedding. 

• Love 4