Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Let's Talk About Sex...

• Start Topic

Natalie confronts Mike's mom over the hooker remark. Michael's friends suggest shipping his sperm to the US. Brandon and Julia leave the farm. A birthday bash goes wrong for Libby and Andrei. Asuelu worries his family will ruin Christmas.

(edited)

I watched this on D plus.  I won't spoil anything but:  Please, if you have been in a verbally abusive relationship, please mute Big Mike.  I am 100% serious.  Angela is 100% horrid on her own, but Big Mike equals her if not surpasses her in this one.  Mike gets Trish involved, again, via cell phone so it was even worse than usual.  He tried to get the crew involved too.  As much as I believe the Poddhasts are all producer driven and they are angling for their own show, I believe Mike and Natalie are 100% them.  He keeps defending his horrid mom and she won't let go of the hooker comment  (and all Mike needs to do is:  "Hey Natalie, I am sorry you thought you heard that, I would be surprised if my mom did say it.  I am really sorry she made you feel that way.  Can we move on and enjoy our trip?") and it is lather rinse and repeat.

The goofballs are back.  

No Charlie Junior.

No Ronald and Tiffany.

Chuck made a slip and said "My kids Charlie, Shannon and Jenn."  Are Becky and Shannon interchangeable?  I know he has like, 10 kids, but what?

Betty is her passive aggressive self when Brandon and Julia are moving in.  

I have a legit question and I am not judging:  Do all people drink this much, daily?  Wine during the moving, champagne if not more at a two year old's party?

Asseulo Boo Boo Butt Butt was so uninteresting I don't remember.  More threats of fighting.  More talk of sending money to mom and his horrid sister sticking her nose where it does not belong.  Mother Boo Boo Butt Butt looks like an 80 year old man to me.  

Jovi continues his badgering of Yara.  "You used to be fun!  Now you're a mom!"  Yeah and a condom could have prevented that, buddy boy.  And it was her second pregnancy.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have a legit question and I am not judging:  Do all people drink this much, daily?  Wine during the moving, champagne if not more at a two year old's party?

Not in my experience but YVMV. Maybe in My early 20s. My mother-in-law was a big wine drinker and seemed to always have a glass in her hand. My father-in-law is a functioning alcoholic, though, so...

I can't watch Mike and Natalie. Natalie's crazy, but Mike is mean. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Rewatched Yara and Jovi in Miami...My husband came in and goes, "What the fuck is his problem? The short dress, alcohol, and sex is for HIM. If he really wanted to do something to make his wife relax then make her a bubble bath and let her sleep for 2 days straight." 

He should've sat down and watched 2 seasons of "Unexpected" before shirking the condom. Yara will never be the woman he dated again, but he's still the same man. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

but Mike is mean. 

Mean. verbally abusive, untruthful, thinks waaaay too highly of himself, defends his mother over his wife, belittling.  I could go on.

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Not in my experience but YVMV

Per the drinking:  I am never offended when we go to Applebee's, an afternoon baseball game, whatever and someone is having a beer.  But these people....drinking at a two year old's birthday party?  But that is the least of these Poddhast family problem.

• Love 11

So, 7 pm my time.

Drinking can vary. I might have an occasional mimosa for a weekend brunch. Wine once in a while If I am meeting someone for lunch. Sometimes wine with dinner or some brandy or a vodka cooler or gin and tonic.

• Love 2

*eyeroll* Family Brandon and Brandon crying and carrying on like he's an 18yo going off to college for the first time and not the 30yo he is.

*snort* Julia wanting to lock the door. 

Libby got in the best line of the episode: You don't scream like that with cake! 

It might just replace the timeless "don't swindle me just because I like cake".  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

*eyeroll* Family Brandon and Brandon crying and carrying on like he's an 18yo going off to college for the first time and not the 30yo he is.

*snort* Julia wanting to lock the door. 

Libby got in the best line of the episode: You don't scream like that with cake! 

It might just replace the timeless "don't swindle me just because I like cake".  

For the record, I was dry as a bone dropping off both my kids.  "Bye!!   See you on Thanksgiving!!  Peace Out!"

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

Watching the sneak peek on TLC tonight....

LOL at Mykul reminding the producer "I did the B.J."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You mean the BeeGee?!?!?!  🤣

• LOL 6

The 20 minute preview was boring. Nice to see the goofballs but Mykull will probably not be having a kid with Angela. Interesting to learn that he still suckled on his mom at 9 years old.

Didn't like Yara’s comment about the homeless people she saw in Miami. Yeah she will be insecure there with all the models around. But of course it is a better city than New Orleans. Jovi is still putting the crib together? Nice that Gwen will be babysitting and that the hotel had a crib.

• Love 3
(edited)

If Michael really breastfed until he was nine, that would explain his attraction to Angela who is old enough to be his mother.  Maybe he’s never been looking for a wife, but a second mother figure.

edited to add: it looks like sending a frozen sperm sample to the US is all the Goofballs’ idea and Micheal is still delusional that they will get an aig from Skyla for Angela to tote. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, magemaud said:

If Michael really breastfed until he was nine, that would explain his attraction to Angela who is old enough to be his mother.  Maybe he’s never been looking for a wife, but a second mother figure 

I thought of that when I watched him say that.

• Love 4

Looks like HBO is trying to jump on the 90DF bandwagon with a new series called (I kid you not) Fboy Island. Maybe Stephanie (the one without an illness) will be on it.

• LOL 6
40 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Yes, they tacked on some (IMO) awful looking show about “Love in Paradise” in an attempt to get people to sign up for Discovery +. 

Thanks, I couldn’t remember what show had it tacked on.  But I tell you, it’s so snark worthy I watched it. If I knew how to put it up for a new show I would.

I watched the preview of Love in Paradise thinking it would help me justify continuing on after my free time of D+ but so far, I’m not inspired.  
I still don’t believe that Mykul breastfed until he was 9.  He is from a family with 16 kids. A mix of bio parents but there had to be at least a couple of other kids competing for those boobies during those 9 years.  I just don’t believe it.   
Yara has her hands full with Jovi.  He’s a horndog who gets off on loud, crazy booze infused action.  This is going to be a challenge for years to come.  Her comment about finding an older rich guy might be her best option.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

I didn't watch it, I only saw the commercials where the mother of the pregnant woman confronts the Island Boy with "do you have any other children with tourists?" Maybe they should call the new show "Sanky Panky" 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am in LOVE with the German Shepherd!!!  Simba.  The best thing about the show!!  

Brandon needs to grow up.  Seriously needs to grow up.

Michael needs to wise up.  Seriously needs to wise up.  That harpy is not going to tote a baby, EVER!!  

Natalie needs to move on.  From the mama’s boy and his mama!  Mike makes me want to vomit.  Everything about him is disgusting!! 

The two wicked witches certainly know how to talk and act at a 2 year old’s birthday party, don’t they?  Reminds me of family gatherings when I grew up minus the drunkenness.  These two manage inappropriate cold sober.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 13
(edited)
9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I didn't watch it, I only saw the commercials where the mother of the pregnant woman confronts the Island Boy with "do you have any other children with tourists?" 

I started a thread for it (but now there are two, lol) and it is okay.  There is upper body nudity of women and a waaaaaay too close up shot of a guys junk in a speedo.  The Island Boy is Sherlon (Shaylon?) and the whole story is sad.  He is a 35 year old who knocked up a 25 year old and she has HUGE regret for not using condoms.

These ladies who think their player "boyfriends" who live this chill, laid back life where the temperature is 80 year round, have jobs that let them sleep till noon and party till 3am and sleep with a new woman every week but are magically going to step up, be dads and husbands, work a nine to five job in a state where it is winter 5 months of the year are delusional.  I am relieved that girl came home only pregnant.  And Sherlon is NOT even good looking or charismatic.

Back to topic:  I don't care for Natalie.  She is condescending, tried to change every fundamental thing about Mike, called him low IQ and is dramatic and childish.  But seeing her, on that couch, while Mike gets up, walks around, yelling at her, getting his mom on the phone, then trying to get the crew on his side was SO uncomfortable.  I will sometimes watch a second time to pick up things (plus avoid finishing cleaning out my office room) but with this one I can't.  I wanted to scoop her through the screen and rescue her.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I didn't watch it, I only saw the commercials where the mother of the pregnant woman confronts the Island Boy with "do you have any other children with tourists?" 

Yep. And the pregnant one declared herself good looking... may not seem like much but she gets worse. I avoided it at first but when the snuck it in I just let it play. Give a look at it.

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I started a thread for it (but now there are two, lol) and it is okay.  There is upper body nudity of women and a waaaaaay too close up shot of a guys junk in a speedo.  The Island Boy is Sherlon (Shaylon?) and the whole story is sad.  He is a 35 year old who knocked up a 25 year old and she has HUGE regret for not using condoms.

These ladies who think their player "boyfriends" who live this chill, laid back life where the temperature is 80 year round, have jobs that let them sleep till noon and party till 3am and sleep with a new woman every week but are magically going to step up, be dads and husbands, work a nine to five job in a state where it is winter 5 months of the year are delusional.  I am relieved that girl came home only pregnant.  And Sherlon is NOT even good looking or charismatic.

Way to go, Mrs. H. I will look for it.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Yep. And the pregnant one declared herself good looking... may not seem like much but she gets worse. I avoided it at first but when the snuck it in I just let it play. Give a look at it.

She used to be very overweight and got into lifting and lost a lot of weight.  She is still curvy, and that is fine, however, she struck me as someone who never got any positive male attention and Sherlon took FULL advantage of this.

• Love 4

The new series is a mishmash of the 90-Day Fiancé universe, just set exclusively in the Caribbean.  The Americans in the previews were going to propose or in the K-1 process. 

I worry that TLC is starting to use any new couples in Discovery+ programming, and we'll be forever tortured with TLC's sinking to Mykul's masturbating in front of (un)Sexy MeeMaw, and NonJovi's begging "psycho" mother Yara for sex.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I said it before, Mike and Trish are 100% dirt bag, low down, creep bullies.  I wonder if Natalie behaves like she does because of Mike's treatment of her?  You can't ever let your bully know that they're hurting you, they thrive on inflicting pain.  She's quirky to begin with and I'd bet she is in defensive/offensive mode all the time around those two low lifes.

• Love 15

I was disappointed at the lack of bitching Tiffany and ne'er-do-well Ronald this episode.  I thought about a drinking game, take a shot every time Tiffany bitches or Ronald does something boneheaded, but then I realized I'd be comatose by the end of an episode.  

I'd rather watch their bullshit than the worn out Michael/Angela and Potthast clan bullshit.  

Best line of the night was Julia telling Brandon to lock the door after his parents' left. 

Pro tip to Julia:  Yes, lock the door and DO NOT fall for the "we need a key in case of an emergency" line.  Been there, done that and always amazed at what keyholders consider to be an excuse to barge in unannounced "emergency."  Those people would probably consider you or Brandon not answering the phone on the first ring an "emergency," drive over and use their "emergency" key to barge right in.  

I don't think their apartment is too terrible.  I will say it appears as though they're trying to live within their means with Brandon's income and not rely on the TLC income long term.  I still find them incredibly boring, though.  

Happy Saturday, fellow posters 🥂

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Pro tip to Julia:  Yes, lock the door and DO NOT fall for the "we need a key in case of an emergency" line.  Been there, done that and always amazed at what keyholders consider to be an excuse to barge in unannounced "emergency."  Those people would probably consider you or Brandon not answering the phone on the first ring an "emergency," drive over and use their "emergency" key to barge right in.  

I think too much about this but I would say "Sorry Mom and Dad, management will not allow anyone not on the lease to have a key."  Then I would request management to tell me if Mom and Dad requests a key from management.  I would be beyond pissed.  Mom, Dad.....LET GO.  IT IS FREEING!  Plus you can have lots of noisy sex!!!

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Chloe Dog said:

I said it before, Mike and Trish are 100% dirt bag, low down, creep bullies.  I wonder if Natalie behaves like she does because of Mike's treatment of her?  You can't ever let your bully know that they're hurting you, they thrive on inflicting pain.  She's quirky to begin with and I'd bet she is in defensive/offensive mode all the time around those two low lifes.

Natalie was horrible to Mike when they first appeared in the show. She is still horrible. I find some of Mike's responses sometimes lame but not particularly mean...

• Love 16
1 minute ago, ethalfrida said:

Oh I saw that and she looked very fit and attractive. Actually, guys that I know say they love women with curves like that. 

Yep - my hubby is one.  Skinny supermodel or Ashley Graham?  Ashley all day long!!!!!

• Love 2

Management might have a master key. Maybe keep a spare key at the workplace. Even if you go on vacation for a week and mom offers to water the plants, mom can easily go to a key cutting shop and get a copy made. Management can ask for an emergency contact to call in case of emergency, but would try your work number first.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think too much about this but I would say "Sorry Mom and Dad, management will not allow anyone not on the lease to have a key."  Then I would request management to tell me if Mom and Dad requests a key from management.  I would be beyond pissed.  Mom, Dad.....LET GO.  IT IS FREEING!  Plus you can have lots of noisy sex!!!

Maybe they could buy a little time buying giving them a random key and telling them it’s to the apartment. They also could remind Betty and Ron that not only can they have noisy sex and naked hot tub parties, they can invite their Swinger friends. 

• LOL 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Yes, they tacked on some (IMO) awful looking show about “Love in Paradise” in an attempt to get people to sign up for Discovery +. 

It's basically 90 days fiance but one of the couple is Carribean.  Same conflicts, same drama.  One girl gets knocked up by a vacation employee.  Another falls in love and wants to bring the guy but clash of the cultures he is not getting his stuff together.  Another the guy wants the foreign girl to come to USA and the only thing she thinks is better in USA is peanut butter. And the fourth couple includes a party girl from Miami and the HOTTIE she picks up in Jamaica who tells the camera in his first sentence in his first TH that he is a player!

Edited by Opine
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Back to topic:  I don't care for Natalie.  She is condescending, tried to change every fundamental thing about Mike, called him low IQ and is dramatic and childish.  But seeing her, on that couch, while Mike gets up, walks around, yelling at her, getting his mom on the phone, then trying to get the crew on his side was SO uncomfortable.  I will sometimes watch a second time to pick up things (plus avoid finishing cleaning out my office room) but with this one I can't.  I wanted to scoop her through the screen and rescue her.

Agree with all of this.

There's a picture of me and my ex that I can't look at. My mouth is smiling, but my eyes have that same embarassed/panicky/sad/defeated look in them. 

15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Apparently Michael doesn’t want to do any of the work himself 

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Maybe he did it when he was younger. It is not that difficult.

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

They are all from the Caribbean.  Jamaica, Barbados, Costa Rica, and Panama.  Although the the woman in Panama is from Argentina.  BTW the woman who lost all the weight is still Tiffany huge.

I felt like I was tricked in to watching that, is was tacked on to the preview stealth like. 

What is wrong with women these days that they are so willing to risk their health to hook up with a stranger without the most basic protection?  Pregnancy aside, it that guy worth gonorrhea?

• Love 3