Type keyword(s) to search

Olympic Fashions: Does This Uniform Make Me Look Fat?

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

My thoughts? Japan nailed it, the USA -- meh; and Canada?  What on Earth were you THINKING?

i was feeling very nervous because Canada is usually a hit or miss, but it just looked like they went with track suits this year lol

• Love 3

I was so disappointed in Italy! I thought they cared about fashion. Pizza pie jackets?lol

I didnt understand the Austrian shorts with the big spots. Looked like camo from far away.

Paraguay and the messy red striped shirts?!

Faves were the dresses on the Croatian ladies, Zantiga ladies tops and American Samoa.

• Love 2
(edited)

Was it Latvia and Lichtenstein Luxembourg who looked like they went in together to buy Mylar in bulk for their outfits?

Edited by Souris
Wrong L country
  • LOL 4

I love the violently colorful outfits! Grenada was great. This is an Olympic walk in, not a job interview. Why dull it down?

Speaking of interviews though, the Costa Rica ones theta are calling bad had some amazing tailoring on those jackets. Loved it.

I also loved the pale blue and yellow of the Ukraine.

Also, go away Ralph Lauren.

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I again have to ask: Canada, what on Earth were you THINKING?

Looks like they got their kids involved. Spray can and crayons… “Here you go. Help Mommy”. 

Edited by ferjy
  • LOL 7
On 7/23/2021 at 12:58 PM, Daisy said:

i was feeling very nervous because Canada is usually a hit or miss, but it just looked like they went with track suits this year lol

They must have rushed out of the house still in Covid mode. 😄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4

I'm sure this has been asked before, but...

Beach volleyball - women wear next to nothing, men wear baggy tank top and shorts.

Gymnastics - women wear leotards cut practically up to their armpits, men wear loose pants or shorts.

Diving - men wear micro panties (hate the word "panties" but that's what they are!)

Women's swimming wear cool long and lean racer-back uniforms that go down to practically their knees

Really I'm not a prude but I just don't get the sexualization of the athletes in this way, especially when these outfits don't seem to enhance performance. Am I missing something?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, seasons said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but...

Beach volleyball - women wear next to nothing, men wear baggy tank top and shorts.

Gymnastics - women wear leotards cut practically up to their armpits, men wear loose pants or shorts.

Diving - men wear micro panties (hate the word "panties" but that's what they are!)

Women's swimming wear cool long and lean racer-back uniforms that go down to practically their knees

Really I'm not a prude but I just don't get the sexualization of the athletes in this way, especially when these outfits don't seem to enhance performance. Am I missing something?

I can’t speak to the other sports, but since 2012, female beach volleyballers are not required to wear bikinis, and can wear shorts and tops with sleeves. I think they also wear something like running tights in cold weather.

So why they continue to wear bikinis, or why the US teams seem to wear bikinis two sizes too small I guess would be a question for them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, seasons said:

Not sure if they'll show it in primetime tonight, but the German women's gymnasts have been wearing unitards that cover their legs. They showed one of the German gymnasts (Kim Bui, I think) during the streaming for the women's individual all-around today and she was wearing it. It's nice when they have a choice.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The German track and field outfits are fugly. 

Just got a gander at the ladies' sprinter unis. That washed out gold tops and gray shorts is....a choice.

12 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Is it just me, or are the American men's Track shorts leaving NOTHING to the imagination regarding their packaged goodies?

Talk to Norway! Karsten's little Warholm came out to run, too! 😄

• LOL 7
On 7/24/2021 at 2:33 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

10 worst team outfits. Belgium totally looks like pajamas.

I actually didn't mind Costa Rica's.  They weren't great, but there were worse outfits out there.

On 7/29/2021 at 5:27 AM, seasons said:

Speedos is a name brand, but that's basically what the men are wearing for diving and water polo (2 pairs at a time for water polo).  Used to wear them for swimming too.  I rather miss the days of swimmers in speedos. <sigh>

• Love 4

I wasn't or am not a fan (in case they get worn again during the event finals) of the tanks the US men were wearing during Gymnastics with the eagle. It felt like too much and annoyed me.

• Useful 1