Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E07: Week 7

• Start Topic

WHAAAT?!? Fuck you, Katie. Why would you tell him all that about figuring out your future together. It wasn’t even phrased hypothetically. Andrew for Bachelor! Jeez, I think she’s already regretting her decision. She’s Mesnicking all over this driveway!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

You’re a good man Andrew and smart.  Because in a few days you would  have been kicked to the curb again.

1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

She didn’t ask him to stay and compete, she asked him to stay a little longer.  Thank goodness he had the dignity to walk away.  

Ain’t that the truth. 

• Love 8

"We kind of had this opportunity to have this one last goodbye, er, Bachelor audition." 

"This is so hard, but I know in the bottom of my heart, that I'm one step closer to finding my husband,  er, Andrew is one step closer to being the Bachelor with this badly acted reunion of regret and necessary rejection. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

That was far and away the best Bachelor audition in Bachelor History! 👏👏 👏

I admit to getting a bit teary eyed and falling for it. And I’m usually here for the wrong reasons! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8

Those beefy fit tshirts aren't doing her any favors-or anyone else for that matter. 
I wish she would have sent the dad dude home instead of Andrew. I don’t see her wanting to be a mother right now and it might interfere with her sex positivity lifestyle. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Two physical habits that Katie has which for some reason really annoy me: the way she says “hello” and the way she kisses. Her “helllloooo” when she sees the men always sounds like she’s practically yodeling, and I can’t figure out why when she kisses anyone, her head seems to go up and down like a seesaw.

Maybe it’s me who doesn’t know how to kiss or say “hello” properly??????

I was a bit in my feels towards Andrew until he came back. Then the veil was lifted from my eyes and I saw the flashing “AUDITION” sign. 

Blake. No.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wish she would have sent the dad dude home instead of Andrew.

I also don't see her settling down in Akron, Ohio, of all places. But the HT is made for TPTB drama so yeah, he's still "in."

I will be interested to see if Blake's relatives have his swollen puffy cheeks that he tries to hide with that facial hair.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Excuse me. Keep your eyes off of my avocado! 

Oh, it’s a sushi roll.

Justin, you’re an artist?! You, sir, are lying. 

Blake the fake snake has to have his x-rated painting blacked out. All this guy talks about is sex! Apparently that’s a big topic to Katie, too, but if you’re finding someone to marry, shouldn’t you have more to connect on??

Am I mis-remembering, or did Blake do some similar "art" on the other season he was on? Or was that some other douche?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I like that at the end of the day Andrew got to reject her and leave with his dignity in tact. I felt what he said about wanting his future wife to choose him. I hope he's the next Bachelor.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

what was with the wall of chewed bubblegum?!? That’s a “Seattle thing”?!? Maybe they could have skipped that one in the middle of a pandemic!

Yes. There’s a Gum Wall in the Pike Place Market area. It’s gross, but it’s a pretty well-known tourist spot. Tthose poor production assistants! 

Why are you there Brendan? To almost break the 4th wall! So close. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

That was the most contrived exit in Bachelor/ette history. She doesn't give him a rose and cries after walking him out, he shows up at her suite and she doesn't even try to feign surprise, he leaves her a note that was clearly written by the same production assistant who writes the date cards, she chases him barefoot through the hotel (ew!) and asks if he wants to "stay a while longer" (but not as part of the competition? how does that work?), he declines, then they cheerfully make out while doing the Bachelor Handshake. I still like Andrew but I'm disappointed in him for participating in that charade.

4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

What a waste of water in dry Albuquerque, that bothers me.

That really bothered me as well. Also, Seattle is not even in the top ten rainiest cities in the US, so that cliche always bugs me.

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Is there really a profession called Cuddle Queen?

Not according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics 2018 Standard Occupation Classification.

3 hours ago, Arkay said:

Two physical habits that Katie has which for some reason really annoy me: the way she says “hello” and the way she kisses. Her “helllloooo” when she sees the men always sounds like she’s practically yodeling, and I can’t figure out why when she kisses anyone, her head seems to go up and down like a seesaw.

I also noticed her head going up and down, but a seesaw is not what came to mind. (Help, this season has over-dosed me on "sex positivity!")

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I will be interested to see if Blake's relatives have his swollen puffy cheeks that he tries to hide with that facial hair.

Consider your daughters, Katie....THINK OF YOUR DAUGHTERS !!!!  No way to disguise 'em.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Arkay said:

Maybe it’s me who doesn’t know how to kiss or say “hello” properly??????

I was a bit in my feels towards Andrew until he came back. Then the veil was lifted from my eyes and I saw the flashing “AUDITION” sign. 

Blake. No.

same 2 things that i noticed. it brought me back ti Jillians season and the terribly awkward kissing with kiptyn::shudder::: and the hello--almost as irriatationg as tristas baby voice. LOL that we noticed the same exact things.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

That was the most contrived exit in Bachelor/ette history. She doesn't give him a rose and cries after walking him out, he shows up at her suite and she doesn't even try to feign surprise, he leaves her a note that was clearly written by the same production assistant who writes the date cards, she chases him barefoot through the hotel (ew!) and asks if he wants to "stay a while longer" (but not as part of the competition? how does that work?), he declines, then they cheerfully make out while doing the Bachelor Handshake. I still like Andrew but I'm disappointed in him for participating in that charade.

When Andrew showed up, her fake surprise was so evident.  "Oh my God! What are you doing here?" With her voice going all high and squeaky.

Like someone pretending they didn't know about a surprise party.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

This season is kind of boring and I hate how they dress Katie (her outfit with Greg was so not flattering) but I am loving the camaraderie between the rest of the men.  They all seem to respect the premise of the show while also respecting each other.  Like when they were all discussing the importance of the one on one, each made their point on why they should get it but they also vocalized why someone else would deserve it.   Also I loved the snippet of them all laughing at each other during the Art date.   I’m glad the show is showing that because drama and tears and men beating their chests are boring.

Team Andrew for the Bachelor!   Greg’s eyes only lit up when the ‘rain’ started and he could practice his rom-com movie audition.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I like that at the end of the day Andrew got to reject her and leave with his dignity in tact. I felt what he said about wanting his future wife to choose him. I hope he's the next Bachelor.

That's exactly the emotion that the producers were going for in that fake, scripted-manufactured scene. 

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

That's exactly the emotion that the producers were going for in that fake, scripted-manufactured scene. 

If so then I say good, I think they hit the mark.

1 hour ago, Mocking Bird said:

Katie kisses like a praying mantis chewing off the head of it's ill fated mate.

As a man I can tell you that guys like that kind of kissing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Oh, Michael.  Stop looking so happy.  “We’ll figure it out” is not an answer.   And didn’t he mention his in-laws earlier?   I can’t see Katie yearning for an instant family.   And he is a business owner.  All these things mean he is tied to his home town.   He won’t take his son away from his in-laws who already lost their daughter too young   If Katie were kind, she’d send him home if he isn’t F1   

Unless she's seriously thinking Michael is her #1, it's mean for her to meet his son, who will clearly pick up on the "this is a person who's going to be in our lives forever" vibe that come with hometown dates and who will then be confused when he never sees her again.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, mommalib said:

When he rejected her offer to let him stay longer, it kind of felt like she called his bluff.  It felt like a "You don't get to fire me.  I quit!" moment.  It definitely comes off as more charming coming from Andrew but part of this game is to let the lead reject you or, in certain circumstances, to walk away when you know he/she isn't right for you. 

As for Bachelor.  Well, he has his own tweet issues so I don't know if TPTB would want to invite that trouble.

I think moving to Akron is a no go for Katie but I don't think being a stepmom is.  Not only could she tape into the fashion/makeup influences, she could be a mommy blogger influencer.  Dual markets.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

Unless she's seriously thinking Michael is her #1, it's mean for her to meet his son, who will clearly pick up on the "this is a person who's going to be in our lives forever" vibe that come with hometown dates and who will then be confused when he never sees her again.  

Agreed. Especially because Michael’s a widower and not divorced, so James has already lost his mother permanently and he’s too young to process another loss, albeit one that doesn’t scratch the surface of losing his mother.

I want Michael to win because I want him to be happy. Not only as a single dad but because he appears so heartfelt in his relationships with the other men. I can’t imagine him winning in any way, though. To me she seems most comfortable with Greg and most sexually attracted to Blake the Snake.

• Love 9
(edited)
49 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

If Michael's son is going to appear on his hometown date, I hope Michael (or another trusted adult) gets the chance to take him aside beforehand and explain to him that this is just a fun project daddy is doing where he's made a new friend.

ETA:

6 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

As for Bachelor.  Well, he has his own tweet issues so I don't know if TPTB would want to invite that trouble.

Andrew's written problematic tweets too? I thought it was Justin.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, sauce62 said:

The green crew neck tee shirt Katie is wearing is so unflattering. I do find Greg very attractive though. 

All her "casual" outfits this week were so beyond basic that I thought she forgot to get her laundry done.  I honestly couldn't believe how plain and unflattering her day looks were.  And her night looks were not great either.  Where is her stylist?

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I thought it was Justin with the questionable tweets?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Andrew's written problematic tweets too? I thought it was Justin.

1 minute ago, LBS said:

Only Justin has addressed them so publications have written about them but Andrew has some too.  If I can find them, I'll post them in the media thread.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LBS said:

Justin and Andrew both, unfortunately. Andrew made jokes about fat women, black women, blonde women. Also was arrested for a DWI.

I’ve no doubt that both regret it now and have grown up since then, but AFAIK they haven’t addressed it since it became public. CH was fired for his remarks but I guess that’s because it happened now and not when he was young, and he was the host. But other contestants have been excoriated for their younger social media postings.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Katie's annoying voice always sounds like it is coming from a sock puppet.  I'm not into the Gap crewneck church punch bowl server style t-shirt that they put on Katie- she has a boxy bod and the shirt isn't creating any sex appeal.  Katie is definitely leading Michael on; she'd much rather bone a Canadian man whore than move to Ohio, load up the mini van with Capri Suns and hide dildos from a toddler.  Andrew is a pro football player in Vienna, he'll be fine without chipmunk-cheeked American Girl doll looking Katie!

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

When he rejected her offer to let him stay longer, it kind of felt like she called his bluff.  It felt like a "You don't get to fire me.  I quit!" moment.  It definitely comes off as more charming coming from Andrew but part of this game is to let the lead reject you or, in certain circumstances, to walk away when you know he/she isn't right for you. 

I think moving to Akron is a no go for Katie but I don't think being a stepmom is.  Not only could she tape into the fashion/makeup influences, she could be a mommy blogger influencer.  Dual markets.

Tweet issue aside they set that whole end up like that for a reason. If that wasn't a Bachelor audition I don't know what is.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

All her "casual" outfits this week were so beyond basic that I thought she forgot to get her laundry done.  I honestly couldn't believe how plain and unflattering her day looks were.  And her night looks were not great either.  Where is her stylist?

That is so funny, Katie showed up in something that hung on her like a sack. I thought of how cute some of Hannah Brown's outfits were. Surely the show's budget could afford some cute outfits?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

That is so funny, Katie showed up in something that hung on her like a sack. I thought of how cute some of Hannah Brown's outfits were. Surely the show's budget could afford some cute outfits?

She is supposed to be sex positive and she is dressing (during the day at least) like a ten year old! and that pink dress slit down the front which was meant to be sexy was not!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Katie's annoying voice always sounds like it is coming from a sock puppet.  I'm not into the Gap crewneck church punch bowl server style t-shirt that they put on Katie- she has a boxy bod and the shirt isn't creating any sex appeal.  Katie is definitely leading Michael on; she'd much rather bone a Canadian man whore than move to Ohio, load up the mini van with Capri Suns and hide dildos from a toddler.  Andrew is a pro football player in Vienna, he'll be fine without chipmunk-cheeked American Girl doll looking Katie!

🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1