Type keyword(s) to search

Mia Thornton: Plastic Fantastic ... or Just Plain Tragic?

• Start Topic

The latest ho-wife may not know her own age, but she certainly makes up for that by knowing exactly what time it is. Mia doesn't have to get ready for her close-up; it's obvious she's been watching and is a whiz at taking notes. Between her family and her businesses, she appears to always be booked. Will Mia's comfort discussing personal shit, her reconfigured clit, and other lady bits, win over the other ladies? Or will there be a charge -- led by the recently retouched Dr. Wendy -- to kick Mia out of Potomac faster than a stripper bartender can make her cakes clap?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, nb360 said:

Her little girl is adorable.

The scene with her husband and daughter in the kitchen betrayed some tension between the couple, some... hostility, maybe?

This may be that Hail Mary pass that happens with a HW right before divorce rumors swirl, you know like Kelsey G did to Camille, get her on the TV, get her some of her own money, etc...

There is a The Joint down the street from me, I wonder if she has ever even been there or to any of them outside of filming.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 7/20/2021 at 8:29 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

This may be that Hail Mary pass that happens with a HW right before divorce rumors swirl, you know like Kelsey G did to Camille, get her on the TV, get her some of her own money, etc...

There is a The Joint down the street from me, I wonder if she has ever even been there or to any of them outside of filming.

It's funny...the howives were originally supposed to highlight the lives of trophy wives and now it had become a dumping ground for the wives who have reached their expiration dates.

Just like Camille, perhaps Mia is doubling down on the plastic surgery because she knows she will be dating soon?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 7/24/2021 at 3:18 PM, qtpye said:

It's funny...the howives were originally supposed to highlight the lives of trophy wives and now it had become a dumping ground for the wives who have reached their expiration dates.

Just like Camille, perhaps Mia is doubling down on the plastic surgery because she knows she will be dating soon?

But her plastic surgery and fillers are so poorly done.  Her face looks alien to me.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, RealReality said:

But her plastic surgery and fillers are so poorly done.  Her face looks alien to me.  

Yup, she probably looked way better before she pumped all those chemicals in her face.

• Love 4

Mia is a weirdo.  I mentioned on the Candiace thread that Anita Baker gave Candiace a shout out (she tweeted "women support women" and tagged Candiace).  Mia goes jumping on the tweet, saying "Yass! Women should support women" as if she hadn't just given an interview to somebody slamming Candiace and her album.  Sad.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Mia is a weirdo.  I mentioned on the Candiace thread that Anita Baker gave Candiace a shout out (she tweeted "women support women" and tagged Candiace).  Mia goes jumping on the tweet, saying "Yass! Women should support women" as if she hadn't just given an interview to somebody slamming Candiace and her album.  Sad.

Something is wrong with that woman.  Can we replace her with Askale?

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Her eyebrows are so, so noticeable.

She has naturally thick eyebrows anyway (her childhood photo; her children have thick eyebrows) but this is a bit much.

I saw a "Joint Chiropractic" when I was driving in my own town the other day.  LOL

• Love 2
On 10/8/2021 at 2:34 PM, drivethroo said:

She has naturally thick eyebrows anyway (her childhood photo; her children have thick eyebrows) but this is a bit much.

I saw a "Joint Chiropractic" when I was driving in my own town the other day.  LOL

My elderly and very frugal neighbors were talking up the Joint Chiropractic down in Alexandria area many months ago. Is it one of Mia's franchise locations? I just remembered when reading these posts. They said, "You can't forget the name!" Very true. They were quite pleased with the treatments and prices. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Well, I never thought my questionable past would pay off on a reality show forum, but here we are! 

In my life I have probably been to 5 different strip clubs, culminating in maybe 20 visits.  And the vast majority of them?  THE MEN'S CLUB IN RALEIGH NC!  I had to hit pause when I realized that's where she worked.  Not only have I been there a bunch of times, my roommate about 15 years ago worked there while we lived together.  If I was still in touch with her, I would definitely ask her if she knew Mia, if they overlapped.

What I can tell you: 

• For a strip club, it's nice.  When it first opened in (I think!) the early nineties as Thee Dollhouse (I still call it Thee Men's Club, lol), it was honestly one of the nicest clubs in Raleigh, because there wasn't much here.  It was actually a fun place to get dressed up and go.  However, it's about 30 years old now, so it's not as nice.
  • It's not the nicest or newest strip club since Capital Cabaret opened about 10 years ago.  I would guess when Mia was working, The Men's Club was still the best one to work at.  Most of the women I knew who worked there started at The Men's Club and worked their way down as they got older or more into bad scenes, if they didn't work their way out of the strip clubs all together.  (My roommate's best friend who got her the job there was the story you always hear and never think actually happened - she stripped her way through college and law school, buying a townhouse along the way, and last I heard was a successful practicing lawyer.  My roommate didn't do so well, but I heard she's doing better these days.)
  • While, yes, for a strip club, it's nice, but it's not NEARLY on the level Mia makes it out to be.  Not even close.  Like any sleazy strip club, you have to pay to work there.  My roommate once had to call and get my boyfriend and I to come up there at 3 in the morning on a weeknight because between her bar bill and her fees, she hadn't made enough to pay the club and couldn't leave.  Strip clubs don't treat women well as rule, and this one is not the exception.
  • The only thing that really makes this "upscale" is that you have to pay an entry fee and you have to wear a collared shirt.  You only have to be 18 to get in.  Other than that, there are shot girls you can take shots between their boobs, bartenders and servers are in lingerie (not ballgowns), lap dances, girls giving massages, all the girls coming out on stage in a line up to Motley Crue's Girls, Girls, Girls...it's a strip club.  It's not some fancy exclusive gentlemen's club. Oh, the one other concession to "upscale" is the women had to cover their tattoos.
  • They let women into the foyer area of the men's bathroom, which actually was really nice with an attendant and all that shit.  The women's bathroom was laughably run down in comparison and always full of strippers blowing lines, or once getting into a fist fight!  Both bathrooms had their appeal! lol
  • There is a pole on the center stage, she lied about that.  There are also poles for the naked girls dancing in go-go cages.  She might not have been a pole dancer (that shit is HARD. Legit respect for people who make it look easy), but there are plenty of poles in that place.
  • There are back rooms.  I have no idea why she would front on that.  I haven't personally been in them, but you can go get semi or completely private lap dances. My roommate said some girls make plans to go further elsewhere later, but not much happens other than a guy ruining his pants in the backrooms.
  • The Champagne Lounge is NOT fancy.  Because I've always gone with a group, there is more group seating in the VIP area, so we almost always headed straight there.  Entry point is a jacked up $100 bottle of cheap champagne. Five people throwing in $20 buck to get into the VIP area isn't exactly big balling.  I'm also not sure how her husband "built" it.
  • What she said about there being a make up artist and all of that is absolutely true, but the dancers pay out of pocket for those services.  Most do their own for just that reason.
  • The women do wear dresses like Mia described, and you buy them at Adult Stores.  She failed to mention that the reason she would take it off is that she was giving a lap dance or dancing on stage, and she didn't complete her thought when she said she would then be in her boyshorts.  Yes, accurate, but then she would have taken those off too, because the money goes in the g-string.
  • You absolutely would see dancers with their dresses fully on talking with men.  In a very sleazy way, the club absolutely encouraged the women to get as many free drinks as they could.  So sometimes a dancer would be sitting there with a free drink, but not actually getting "paid for her time." I don't question for a second that they would sometimes get paid to sit and chat, but not at $10K an hour, lol.  A lap dance would run about $25-$40 for about five minutes, and I'd imagine that's the same price would get.  So, maybe topping out at $500 an hour.  I doubt that kind of money for time happened often though.
  • Yes, they have a restaurant with lobsters and steak.  I have no idea if it's any good.  The last time I went, about 10 years ago, was on my birthday (I share a birthday with a male friend - we went bowling for my part and to the strip club for his.  It was an epic night known as the Balls and Boobies Birthday), and I did pay for the breakfast buffet that happens right after closing, but then I was like, "It's 3AM and I'm about to eat scrambled eggs in a closed strip club."  I decided this wasn't the direction I wanted to take my life and left.  So I can't speak to the food.

This is neither here nor there, but the first time I ever went was my first experience at a strip club, when I was about 21 years old.  I was with a group, and two women at a table behind us pulled my hair (not in a mean way, just a tug to get my attention) and we chatted for a few minutes.  Then I turned back to my table, and was like, "Y'all, they are so nice!" and every died laughing because it had never occurred to me I was being hit on.  Ah, my sweet naïve young self.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 2

Apparently Mia isn't the BAWSE she thought she was.  It seems like Gordon's family was the ones really in control of all of those Joints and they allegedly locked Mia and Gordon out of the accounts.  Mia & Gordon reportedly have moved out of the Potomac rental and back to the Baltimore rental due to their economic woes.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
20 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Apparently Mia isn't the BAWSE she thought she was.  It seems like Gordon's family was the ones really in control of all of those Joints and they allegedly locked Mia and Gordon out of the accounts.  Mia & Gordon reportedly have moved out of the Potomac rental and back to the Baltimore rental due to their economic woes.

I remember when she claimed that she had spent $65,000 renovating the rental. Knowing Mia she was probably lying but if she actually did spend that money on a rental, she was a fiscal moron.

While I  don’t think renting a home is necessarily a sign if moral depravity, I do think that at a certain rent level, it becomes an incredibly stupid decision to spend $120,000 per year to rent a house in order to appear more affluent than one is.

I suspect that the housewives are actually talking about someone fronting when they disparage housewives who are renting since the rentals are usually lavish and some of the owned homes were relatively modest. 

• Like 5
23 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She admitted in the trailer that she married for money, then covers with "Or did I?" 

We see you, Mia.

Heck, even Ray Charles could have seen Mia as a gold digger.

So is Ashley, but she is smart enough not to admit it on camera.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

There's no money anymore. They were canned from their cushy jobs by family members. Time for Mia to move on to her next hustle.

Oh, I had forgotten about that. Can't wait to see the hovel they're living in for filming this season (before the separation, I assume).

• Like 3

Aw, this is sad. Gordon sounding befuddled & confused.

'RHOP' Star Mia Thornton's Estranged Husband Says She Married Him For Money https://www.tmz.com/2023/10/08/rhop-mia-thornton-estranged-husband-married-for-money-hall-pass-sex/

He says Mia married him for his money. Um, duh! Says he gave Mia a hall pass to take lovers because he knew he would not be able to satisfy her, but was upset when she did. Says he's through with her, then says he would get back with her for the kids. Sounds like Mia has a new man lined up.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2

Oh, dear!

https://pagesix.com/2024/03/22/entertainment/rhop-reunion-trailer-mia-says-boyfriend-incognito-believes-hes-the-father-of-her-son-with-husband-gordon/

During the reunion, there is discussion about the paternity of Mia & Gordon's eldest child (their son, although they both have children from prior relationships). Both Gordon & Mia's current boyfriend (an ex rekindled from years ago) believe he is the current boyfriend's child. Yikes!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Mind Blown 6
15 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Oh, dear!

https://pagesix.com/2024/03/22/entertainment/rhop-reunion-trailer-mia-says-boyfriend-incognito-believes-hes-the-father-of-her-son-with-husband-gordon/

During the reunion, there is discussion about the paternity of Mia & Gordon's eldest child (their son, although they both have children from prior relationships). Both Gordon & Mia's current boyfriend (an ex rekindled from years ago) believe he is the current boyfriend's child. Yikes!

I almost got lost following that trail of dysfunction. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

I almost got lost following that trail of dysfunction. 

I know it. I'm sorry, lol. Let me try to do better.

So, this is Mia & Gordon with their two children:

Screenshot_20240323_223017_Chrome.thumb.jpg.978bfa55f2c9f3739cf057c3aac28bad.jpg

And this is Mia with her current boyfriend, her former high school sweet heart & prom date:

Screenshot_20240323_223114_Chrome.thumb.jpg.32969c256ecd8c9b0a9e60e6e78adcca.jpg

The current boyfriend is a DJ that goes by the stage name Incognito. Both Gordon and Incognito believe that Incognito is the biological father of Jeremiah.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I know it. I'm sorry, lol. Let me try to do better.

So, this is Mia & Gordon with their two children:

Screenshot_20240323_223017_Chrome.thumb.jpg.978bfa55f2c9f3739cf057c3aac28bad.jpg

And this is Mia with her current boyfriend, her former high school sweet heart & prom date:

Screenshot_20240323_223114_Chrome.thumb.jpg.32969c256ecd8c9b0a9e60e6e78adcca.jpg

The current boyfriend is a DJ that goes by the stage name Incognito. Both Gordon and Incognito believe that Incognito is the biological father of Jeremiah.

Jeremiah looks like Incognito....

• LOL 1