Type keyword(s) to search

S03: Week 3: July 20, 2021-July 23, 2021

• Start Topic

I was shocked about the saves! I couldn’t believe the guys didn’t save Florita in attempt to give Korey another chance with her. I assumed Jeremy would also leave and then Florita would run back to Korey, but instead Florita leaves and Jeremy stays…and so does Olivia?!? Because “Operation Heart Attack” showed some gumption?! How about Florita and Aimee both “dated” multiple people, which was certainly more actively pursuing a relationship with people moreso than Olivia who sat passively by as Jovanny pursued her practically against her will and then she shoots her shot with the one guy who’s practically married. And poor Kyra was forced to tell Olivia that it was “okay” that she tried to break them up and hugged her?!? What the hell is happening here?! I guess the producers must really brainwash these people on the “rules” of the show. Like poor Trina was crying and shaking in the room alone waiting for Cash and Cinco to talk. Oh, excuse me, have a chat. I feel like Cash almost won Cinco back over with their talk of sparks—especially since even before their last chat he was telling the guys he was second-guessing his choice. Meanwhile Trina was about to propose they relocate coasts for each other! But the fact it’s Casa Amor time, there’s a good chance he’ll just dump them both for a third option. Speaking of unrequited partnerships, the best part of Aimee and Wes leaving was Aimee saying she’s happy to leave together and continue their relationship, and Wes had this look on his face that was all, Say what?!? Hell naw!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

It's becoming more and more apparent and begs the question: why is Trina on a show like this?  She brings too much baggage and fresh pain to be put in a position where hurt and heartbreak is the norm.  She probably isn't ready for Love Island right now.  People have voluntarily left the show in the past.

• Love 2

I guess they saved Olivia because she’s Cash’s best friend? It seems like the two of them get together just to convince each other to stir stuff up. I don’t understand how earlier people got judged poorly for pursuing fledging relationships and seeing if their was a spark, to full on the girls encouraging each other to try breaking up couples with no remorse or feelings for the women in those relationships? It feels like a new show now. 

The Cash/Trina/Cinco triangle seems completely contrived, because we only ever hear the three of them talking about each other without actually, you know, showing us any of it. If Cash and Cinco had this incredible bond everyone apparently acknowledges then you’d think one of the 27 cameras filming them 24/7 might actually pick that up? Cash describing Cinco’s relationship with women was just dumb. As she prattled on and on about whatever delusion is in her head, he just sat there smiling. She’s completely projecting her feelings onto him and he’s just sitting there like a rock not contradicting her, which isn’t actually the same as confirming anything. I think women just feel comfortable with him, but he doesn’t actually reciprocate what the women see in him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Oh, and then here's Trina who has to go into the dressing room and sit in a catatonic state because Cinco said Cash's name without spitting. Cash and Trina have made me feel sorry for Cinco is where we're at now.

Even crazier, I am feeling more sympathetic to Trina than Cash now.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Even crazier, I am feeling more sympathetic to Trina than Cash now.

I actually did feel bad for Trina in this one. Her pain actually seemed real. The idea of wanting your "boyfriend" to not be thinking about another girl seemed very genuine. Cinco could shut it down clearly but he hasn't. 

• Love 6

Sure, I can feel a little for Trina. I feel bad that she chose this show. It's unfortunate but this is the wrong trip for that kind of baggage. But perhaps the short term 'fame' and attention is worth it. I just note that she didn't seem to have an issue when she went for Cinco when he was coupled up with Cash. So, I really don't fault Cash for being an active participant in this game show.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, nichelle said:

So, I really don't fault Cash for being an active participant in this game show.

Ohhhhhh I don't either.  And Trina certainly started this mess.  Cinco was no help either, mumbling flirtatiously to both women.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I actually did feel bad for Trina in this one. Her pain actually seemed real. The idea of wanting your "boyfriend" to not be thinking about another girl seemed very genuine. Cinco could shut it down clearly but he hasn't. 

This was the first episode where this whole triangle seemed staged. The women describing Cinco just doesn’t line up with anything we’ve seen (granted, the same could be said about Jeremy). When Cash was on the couch describing everything, Cinco just sat there smiling not really saying anything. And Trina is overly emotional but Cinco can’t seem to commit to ease her one way or the other. It just seems like the two women are acting out this triangle for a storyline, while Cinco just has to sit there and mumble at both before he can get back to hanging out with the other guys (which it seems like what he wants to do). I honestly don’t see his “amazing” connection with either woman even though they all talk about it so much. 

Just bring on CA. Not because I care about these couples breaking up, but I’m hoping the new people will have more interesting personalities than this cast. And I know Leslie, so I’m excited to see her on TV and what she gets up to. Lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

JEREMY??????? They saved Jeremy? Why would the women do that especially - they complain about him every day! I was surprised Cash allowed Javonny to get axed. I was also surprised how emotional Olivia was seeing Javonny leave. As always, he was sweet kissing her goodbye and yelling good luck to her during his exit interview.

Florita and Jeremy were reenacting The Notebook. Way to shit all over poor sobbing Korey's feelings and act like he's not even there. If he likes her that much he should've left with her - but of course now he has to find a new flavor of the week to prove he "deserves to be there." How noble.

I'm kind of over Cash pursuing Cinco. It's really boring and again, she's giving him a personality he doesn't have because she's attracted to him. "You're the best person I've ever met." Really? He barely talks. I would get tired of giving him a constant sales pitch about the "explosive life" we could have together. If he's not taking you up on it, he's not that interested. Yes Trina is boring, but maybe Cash needs to just let them be boring together instead of daydreaming of a long-term future with a dude who gives her nothing. I hope the Casa Amor guys catch her eye (or anyone in the triangle) so this can end. I thought it was bizarre Trina is already contemplating moving for Cinco.

Everything is just kind of flat without Javonny.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Everything is just kind of flat without Javonny.

So true.  Kyra and Will kissing, Shannon and Josh primping in the mirror, Trina fake crying, Korey staring into the distance, rinse and repeat.

• Love 6
(edited)

The more I look at Korey the more he looks downright nasty with those tats.  

I like Jeremy and I like seeing him flipping his hair, but whoever called him "Dollar Store Tarzan" was spot on.  😅  Also, I like that he basically admitted that he needed to show more personality instead of just lying around looking...dumb.   

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

JEREMY??????? They saved Jeremy?

This one move has convinced me that nobody in that place are very bright/observant. It also made me realize that I'm super bored with the "OGs". I'm over Cash as she seems to have attributed emotions and desires and yes, personality to Cinco that just ain't there. I see her as clueless as Olivia now. In another universe somewhere they are a scorching couple with their objects of desire, if they could only see what's not there. Ok, yeah, he doesn't seem that into Trina. That doesn't mean that he is crazy into you. He's just leading you both on! Girls! Get over it. Move on.

I'm looking forward to the Casa as I want to see Cinco pick one or maybe two to mumble sweet nothings to and forget about Cash/Trina completely. I'm just hoping that maybe we can expand this love triangle into a full love sextet (or more!) with all three "finding" people at CA. I kinda just want to see the whole place burn at this point, the messier the better.

Along that line of thinking I'm glad that they've done a better job of casting people at CA. I still remember the horror of last year's CA people.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I'm looking forward to Cinco picking someone in Casa Amor to bust up this stupid "triangle" because I don't think he's interested in Cash or Trina.  Hell, he might even stop mumbling and start...enunciating.

I'd also like Josh to pick someone new because Shannon thinks she's so much more mature than him.  He seems nice and he deserves better.  I'm not talking about a love match but someone who at least treats him as an adult. 

• Love 5

The U.K. version does a much better job of integrating public opinion and using it to impact the game. Somehow it feels more organic & natural than our version, which I find more entertaining.  it's more raunchy too which helps.

Guess I'm just sick of all the makeup and preening and staged pulling people for chats.  But, I am still watching and hoping that Casa Amor will liven things up.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, snarts said:

The U.K. version does a much better job of integrating public opinion and using it to impact the game. Somehow it feels more organic & natural than our version, which I find more entertaining.  it's more raunchy too which helps.

Guess I'm just sick of all the makeup and preening and staged pulling people for chats.  But, I am still watching and hoping that Casa Amor will liven things up.

I've watched previous seasons of the UK version but haven't checked out the current season. I wasn't up to watching 2 versions at once but maybe I'll check it out and see if it is any more interesting. 

Thanks for all the updates.  I could not  bring myself to even watch the episode.  Not sure I want to even continue.    

Sick of Jeremy, he is boring and conceited.  I didn't even know who Olivia was the first few weeks.  She did nothing. then she goes after Will, who is clearly happy with Kyra.  She reminds of the forever single  high school girl who just hits on all her girlfriend's boyfriends.  pathetic.

Cash just annoys me.  The whole big deal she made about cutting her hair,  Not that there is anything wrong with bald, or short hair. But if you are going to do that, OWN it,  Why keep telling people about it looking for attention.  And if you love it. then stop going back to the wigs you were hating.  The girl is an attention HO.   its her own fault she lost Cinco,  move on 

miss jovanny and feel bad for Corey. HE did all the right things, Not Olive Oil.

16 hours ago, snarts said:

With all the kissing and intimate chats, I am glad to know everyone seems to be practicing good oral hygiene and is brushing their teeth, but do we have to witness it all the time?  It sort of grosses me out.

• LOL 2
(edited)

Cash has became 100% delusional. When she was giving that speech that she probably learnt from rom coms, Cinco sat there with his eyes glazed over. He had no reaction at all until the end when he gave her a grunt and a slight smile. It's hilarious. Cash really thinks she's the protagonist in a low budget rom com. I mean, I guess since this is a TV show but I haven't seen anyone laying on that thick on Love Island (in all versions) in a long time. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

Cash has became 100% delusional. When she was giving that speech that she probably learnt from rom coms, Cino sat there with his eyes glazed over. He had no reaction at all until the end when he gave her a grunt and a slight smile. It's hilarious. Cash really thinks she's the protagonist in a low budget rom com. I mean, I guess since this is a TV show but I haven't seen anyone laying on that thick on Love Island (in all versions) in a long time. 

What I don’t understand is after all the sh*t people like Josh and Trina and Jeremy got for going after people and kissing people and potentially breaking up relationships that were much more nascent than the ones we have now, now every time somebody asks if they should try to blow up a relationship the whole villa seems super excited for them to do it. “Yeah! That’s a great idea! You should totally do that! I think you two would be perfect together!” I realize it’s a TV show so it’s all for effect, it just seems like the tone of the show changed drastically in the last few days compared to what was going on earlier. 

• Love 2

Cash isn't delusional. She wasn't the only one who observed a stronger connection between Cinco/Cash than Cinco/Trina. I think she can do better than Cinco, but that's her choice.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, waving feather said:

Cash has became 100% delusional. When she was giving that speech that she probably learnt from rom coms,

Maybe Cash is thinks she is on Chesapeake Shores on Hallmark  instead of Love Island or trying to get on a Hallmark Movie.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

It’s too early to tell, but not a lot of chemistry between any of them. Isabel seems interested in Korey because she knows he’s popular. I don’t think Will is interested, but he wasn’t going to stop that kiss and embarrass Flo. Jeremy and Genny might have a connection, they both seem ditzy and just rely on their looks. Josh going after Flo was hilarious because I’m guessing he’s too short for her. Surprised Cinco is the only one who’s pursued Leslie. 

As for the women, after Shannon’s initial excitement her talking to the guys gave her the, “I’ve made a horrible mistake” look and she’s running back to Josh. The guys just don’t have any personalities. Kyra is blocking everyone. Trina is politely not interested. Olivia isn’t interested in any of the guys and they’re not into her (how has she lasted this long again???) I guess Cash is interested in two of the guys, but mainly she just seems interested in attention. Thought it was interesting that the men asked the new women about themselves when they met but Cash’s first question to the guys was which women they liked. She even commented that she just wanted guys to want her and pursue her, but she also wants Cinco. 

• Love 2