Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Ms Blue Jay

S03: Week 3: July 20, 2021-July 23, 2021

Recommended Posts

Don't ask me why Sunday represented the end of last week and Tuesday represents the beginning of this one, in Love Island world!  I don't make the rules!

lu.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

33 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Don't ask me why Sunday represented the end of last week and Tuesday represents the beginning of this one, in Love Island world!  I don't make the rules!

lu.jpg

I appreciate you keeping us organized and setting up the threads!  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I appreciate you keeping us organized and setting up the threads!  

Yes!!  Thank you! 😊

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I knew Isaiah was sketch, as Javonny said! He lied to Aimee about telling Cash he was still open to pursue Aimee (while telling Cash he was all in) and then acted like he would pull back from his commitment to Cash in retaliation for her being open to Wes, when we know that he had already continued to entertain Aimee on the sly. Hypocrite.

At least Cash has a sense of humor about being thrown in yet another love triangle with Aimee. "It's never just me in the ring." lol

But Jeremy is by far the worst. How are you gonna be annoyed at Aimee for you friendzoning her without her knowledge, denying saying it on camera and call Florita a liar to anyone that'll listen, and then still be all over Florita? I don't get Florita fawning all over a dude she knows badmouthed her, especially when she has a clearly smitten Korey in the palm of her hand and he's stated multiple times that he wouldn't even entertain anyone else. Hell, I don't even understand Jeremy as a lust object. He's just there. I guess it's just an ego thing for her. Aimee and Will are right, Korey is going to get his heart broken. Which makes me sad, because he seems like the most loyal person there. Very devoted, but also very shy. He would've also been good with Roxy.

Well, Javonny predicted what's going to happen 30 seconds after the new guys got there. He's labelled the goofball, but he's very perceptive. He knows he's pretty much done after seeing Slade. He should've coupled up with Lei-Yen or Cash. Looks like Tuesday is the end for Javonny and Korey.

Missing the bonus Monday episodes on P+ is so irritating.

How embarrassing that Will has to lecture a group of grown men not to leave their piss all over the bathroom. 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

How embarrassing that Will has to lecture a group of grown men not to leave their piss all over the bathroom. 

That was something that they really didn't need to show us.

You're so welcome Love Islanders!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

But Jeremy is by far the worst. How are you gonna be annoyed at Aimee for you friendzoning her without her knowledge, denying saying it on camera and call Florita a liar to anyone that'll listen, and then still be all over Florita? 

Yes! Jeremy is not only a liar and fraud, he is also vain and boring as hell. He has no redeeming qualities, and he looks like knockoff Tarzan (cannot remember who said that but LOL). If Florita chooses Jeremy over sweet Korey who clearly adores her she gets what she deserves.

Oh, and I call BS on Florita saying Jeremy is a good kisser when all the other girls rated him by far the WORST kisser in the blind kissing test.

Edited by xhoipolloix
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The Florita and Jeremy thing seemed to come out of nowhere.  I didn't realize either of them liked each other.  Maybe they are both looking for attention.  Korey is better off without her.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

How embarrassing that Will has to lecture a group of grown men not to leave their piss all over the bathroom. 

Seriously!  That's disgusting.  Would they urinate on the bathroom floor in their own home?  Maybe we don't want to know the answer to that question.  SMH.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Paramount+ 7/19 Monday Exclusive episode streamed live at 9pm ET yesterday.  I missed it & tried to watch later, message posted that it'd be available later on demand. Kind of irritating that that it wasn't immediately available for streaming.  I needed some mindless TV.

Anyhoo, I caught up this morning:

Spoiler

Shannon & Josh went to the Hideaway for the night.  They banged and shared all the details with everyone the next morning (after telling each other they wouldn't).

Slade left due to a family emergency.

They all got dressed up and played a combo of spin the bottle/truth or dare.

Cash & Isaiah decided that they're better off as friends.  Isaiah quickly told Aimee that he was again interested in her. Aimee decided that she wants Jeremy but Jeremy wants Florita and told her as much. Wes told Aimee that he wants her but she still wants Jeremy. Poor Korey is still pining after Florita. Oliva told Javonny that she wants to continue to pursue things with him, but...

Cash & Olivia made a pact that they're going to open themselves up and pursue the guys that they actually want. Cash feels like she handed Cinco to Trina and it's hard for her to watch them together.  Yep, she's definitely getting a bit of big head.  She was a bit extra all epsiode, singing & preening.  I think some of other ladies are irritated by her extraness.

The ladies drew pictures of the guys for some contest, Kyra won.

Tuesday episode is a recoupling and one of the guys is going home.  I fear that it'll be Korey.

 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, snarts said:

Paramount+ 7/19 Monday Exclusive episode streamed live at 9pm ET yesterday.  I missed it & tried to watch later, message posted that it'd be available later on demand. Kind of irritating that that it wasn't immediately available for streaming.  I needed some mindless TV.

Anyhoo, I caught up this morning:

  Reveal spoiler

Shannon & Josh went to the Hideaway for the night.  They banged and shared all the details with everyone the next morning (after telling each other they wouldn't).

Slade left due to a family emergency.

They all got dressed up and played a combo of spin the bottle/truth or dare.

Cash & Isaiah decided that they're better off as friends.  Isaiah quickly told Aimee that he was again interested in her. Aimee decided that she wants Jeremy but Jeremy wants Florita and told her as much. Wes told Aimee that he wants her but she still wants Jeremy. Poor Korey is still pining after Florita. Oliva told Javonny that she wants to continue to pursue things with him, but...

Cash & Olivia made a pact that they're going to open themselves up and pursue the guys that they actually want. Cash feels like she handed Cinco to Trina and it's hard for her to watch them together.  Yep, she's definitely getting a bit of big head.  She was a bit extra all epsiode, singing & preening.  I think some of other ladies are irritated by her extraness.

The ladies drew pictures of the guys for some contest, Kyra won.

Tuesday episode is a recoupling and one of the guys is going home.  I fear that it'll be Korey.

 

Thanks for this. I don’t have P+ but I followed along on Reddit last night and it was hilarious trying to figure out what was happening based on comments. Kind of sucks that they put relevant episodes behind a paywall but I get why CBS is doing this. But it’s kind of like trying to watch a movie where every fourth scene is cut out and you have to pay extra to go into another room to watch and then come back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, snarts said:

Paramount+ 7/19 Monday Exclusive episode streamed live at 9pm ET yesterday.  I missed it & tried to watch later, message posted that it'd be available later on demand. Kind of irritating that that it wasn't immediately available for streaming.  I needed some mindless TV.

Anyhoo, I caught up this morning:

  Hide contents

Shannon & Josh went to the Hideaway for the night.  They banged and shared all the details with everyone the next morning (after telling each other they wouldn't).

Slade left due to a family emergency.

They all got dressed up and played a combo of spin the bottle/truth or dare.

Cash & Isaiah decided that they're better off as friends.  Isaiah quickly told Aimee that he was again interested in her. Aimee decided that she wants Jeremy but Jeremy wants Florita and told her as much. Wes told Aimee that he wants her but she still wants Jeremy. Poor Korey is still pining after Florita. Oliva told Javonny that she wants to continue to pursue things with him, but...

Cash & Olivia made a pact that they're going to open themselves up and pursue the guys that they actually want. Cash feels like she handed Cinco to Trina and it's hard for her to watch them together.  Yep, she's definitely getting a bit of big head.  She was a bit extra all epsiode, singing & preening.  I think some of other ladies are irritated by her extraness.

The ladies drew pictures of the guys for some contest, Kyra won.

Tuesday episode is a recoupling and one of the guys is going home.  I fear that it'll be Korey.

 

Wow! That’s not just “extras.” I imagine that’s going to be the bulk of what we see in tonight’s episode. I guess Paramount is more like exclusive early access to the main content—plus maybe some different content.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Too bad about Slade leaving.  I hope all is well with his family.

Korey seems like a nice guy and he's cute but I really hate those all over body tattoos.  Having them on the arms, maybe chest, is ok but on the legs is just too much. 

Wes reminds me of a beefed up Shemar Moore.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

“I don’t like to hurt people, that’s why I usually just ghost them.” Welcome to dating in the 21st century 😔

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm surprised Florita picked Jeremy.  I don't mind though. 

Wow, Korey dodged a bullet.  Cash saved his ass.  Too bad about Isaiah though, he was nice and I liked him.

Trina's makeup is awful, the foundation made her skin look ashy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was wrong about Jeremy leaving the Island.

I’ll never understand how people can have sex and then just talk about it on national tv. Afterwards Josh said “Sorry Mom.” My family would die if I did that.

I must be old because I did not understand the cake metaphor.

I’ll be honest. Florita and Jeremy getting together surprised me.

I hope that a really hot nice girl comes in for Korey.

It’s too bad about Slade. 

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I speculated that Kyra could be the virgin and now they immediately send Josh and Shannon, instead of Kyra and Will, to the Hideaway?  Hmmmmmmmmm

Why do Josh and Shannon "deserve" it?  I remember this being such an issue last season but this season it's like nobody cares.

Gross, did they really have to show so much?  LOL. Maybe Kyra just didn't want all of her business out there for the world to see.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I speculated that Kyra could be the virgin and now they immediately send Josh and Shannon, instead of Kyra and Will, to the Hideaway?  Hmmmmmmmmm

Why do Josh and Shannon "deserve" it?  I remember this being such an issue last season but this season it's like nobody cares.

Gross, did they really have to show so much?  LOL. Maybe Kyra just didn't want all of her business out there for the world to see.

According to Reddit Will and Kyra went to the Hideaway last week. I guess it was part of the Monday P+ episode you have to pay for. It actually seems like everything up to the recoupling was in last night’s show, in more explicit detail. Not sure why they didn’t even mention the hideaway from last week and included it now. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

I want to watch a whole hour of Javonny grocery shopping.  I hope that Javonny lets Olivia makes nachos?  I love how Javonny acts with Olivia.  It's like full of desire but respectful.  Who am I kidding, I like how Javonny acts in any situation?

Some good songs tonight

Run DMC - It's Tricky
Dua Lipa - Levitating
Lady Gaga  - Always Remember Us this Way from "A Star is Born" ( a cover)

I am loving Will with stubble........ Mmmmmm.......

Who was the invisible couple last season?  This season it's Trina and Cinco.

God Trina is so Regina George smug.  LOL!

I like how Korey slicked his hair back, like "This is my Fuck You hair".  Korey looks better with his hair swept back.  He really has nice skin and eyes.  It makes him look older which is a good thing for him.  I'm kind of stunned.

Wes looks like somebody hot and famous.  Shemar Moore, model Jason Oliver , goddamn!

Aimee is willing to reject the two hottest guys on the island, Isaiah and Wes, FOR JEREMY????????? JEREMY??????????? JEREMY????????????

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Wes reminds me of a beefed up Shemar Moore.

Omg!!  I said the same!!!  

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oops. I posted in the wrong week. 

Well that was interesting. Maybe this would have made more sense if I had P+. But I'm not paying for another streaming service. 

That was smart game play by Cash. They could agree to stick together until the end.

Aimee's tone is so monotone and I find it creepy. I wanted Isaiah to stay. :(

Florita and Germy deserve each other. I'm voting them off the island. I hate his smug face and stupid hair  

I wonder why Slade left. I think Olivia would have dumped Javonny for him. 

Edited by Court
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Olivia: "The boy I'd like to couple up with is... Slade. But since he had to go home I'll stick with Jovanny, come on over here."

Florita: "The boy I'd like to couple up with is... Germy." Hah, love the new nickname may he be headed home soon. And good for Cash, she really has had a ride so far.

I'm still amazed at the whole Germy/Florita thing. I just don't get it. And man, way to trample over your friend to get to what you want. If I were Korey I'd def. "Pull him for a chat" and tell him there's no need to fake a freindship anymore, we don't need to talk.

Man this season is messy, it's like take everyone and put them in the hat and draw out names... daily.

And I'm still pissed at them for jacking US around with the whole P+ thing, not cool.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Court said:

 

Florita and Germy deserve each other. I'm voting them off the island. I hate his smug face and stupid hair  

Ha, Stupid hair drives me crazy,  So busy staring at the stupid  hair, that you never hear anything they say.   I do think the hair hides his lack of personality. 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

So I watched the beginning, fell asleep, and woke up for the recoupling and was shocked (pleasantly so) that Cashay chose Korey! Then I watched the middle and saw their two heartfelt chats in which they bonded over being rejected and are “best friends,” which is apparently another crucial label on this show. And I also saw that Cash barely spoke to Isiah because he was still actively pursuing Aimee (“80% vowels”). So it made sense that to pair up with the other “forever alone” (as my daughter would say) castmate and keep each other safe unless or until one of them makes a fully reciprocated connection.

Florita is stupid. Korey is so into her, and Jeremy gets distracted by a warm breeze. Especially since it’s “the turn” for more women to show up, Jeremy’s eye is going to wander for sure—which is probably why the preview at the end of the episode had Florita crying to Korey that she made a mistake…probably a mistake in strategy moreso than of the heart! I’m sure that’s the same reason that Cash chose Korey: Isiah will go after whatever pretty girl(s) walks in next, but Korey will just be sitting there in the corner pining after Florita, but keep his pal Cash safe. But…if Florita really does want to couple up with Korey, it might be over for Cash.

Though the app is saying there’s a big “elimination vote” tonight, where we get to decide who stays. I think the viewing audience is going to save Cash. My family is coming today to stay with me for the week, so I’ll probably miss the show, but I’m going to try to remember to at least vote.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Remember when Isaiah said the same thing to four girls? 

--Not sorry he's gone. 😏

My mom called Jeremy a Hologram.🤣

Edited by Whodunnit · Reason: Meant to use laughing emoji not shocked emoji
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I have missed some conversations and have become confused, but that is a good thing because that means this season things are changing up--last season was horrible as noone would change their coupling and it was quite boring.  I think this season is more realistic and how it should be...  I didn't realize Isaiah was being like that so good that he wasn't chosen.  I thought he was nicer than that, so good to hear he kind of was making the rounds and the decision not to keep him around was okay.  I agree that Jeremy is just not good...so not sure how he is still there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Whodunnit said:

Remember when Isaiah said the same thing to four girls? 

I'll be honest, I don't.

I only remember Shannon claiming that he said the same thing to 3 girls.  But I never saw it on camera.

I remember Isaiah having a lot of conversations with Cash that seemed totally reasonable.  He was interested in Cash.  Cash was thinking about ditching him for Wes.  So he said something like, okay then I can't put 100% of my focus on you.

Then last night he kind of made a case to Aimee to stay on the island.  What choice did he have?  But he did not pressure neither Cash nor Aimee to save him.

I have to assume that Jeremy fits some kind of Tarzan mixed with Luke Wilson fantasy that these women have.  I've seen no evidence of a personality.  I like Luke Wilson too -- but Jeremy doesn't really do it for me.  Too meatheady looking.  Maybe he should change his hair a la Korey.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think Isaiah got a bad wrap. If we disregard what Shannon said (which is reasonable) I think we saw a guy enter the villa not really sure how to play the game or interact with people more established. Not excusing what he said or his behavior, but I think he really liked Aimee but coupled up with Cash because it was easier. And it seemed like he completely changed his demeanor once Wes came in. There were a lot of deer in the headlight looks on his face as he talked to Aimee and Cash. I think he ended up just defeated and lost. 
 

Probably best he left, to be honest. And I’m not even a fan. I just think if people are cheering him leaving because they don’t like players, then they’re sleeping on Wes (not so much here, but Reddit loves the guy). Wes just oozes cockiness and smugness to me. The way he talked about Aimee before their chat sounded so calculating and manipulative. Maybe he’ll stay committed to Aimee (she is pretty great), but I just don’t get a good feeling about the guy. 
 

On a separate note, this season is so much better than S1 or S2! It has something for everyone. Seemingly genuine connections/couples, messy pairings, an interesting cast. It’s as close to the original seasons as I’ve seen in awhile. So kudos to the producers. (Though I’m still not sure about the weird release they’re doing)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I hate Jeremy so much that when he checked the waffle iron after Korey started making one, I yelled, "LEAVE KOREY'S WAFFLE ALONE!"

It seems like the women only want Jeremy when someone else wants him. When he was coupled with Trina, she wanted Cinco and only acted like she wanted Jeremy when Aimee started showing interest. Then Aimee was with Jeremy but wanted Isaiah, except then Florita wanted Jeremy so Aimee suddenly loved him again. Now Florita has Jeremy and judging by the previews is going to try to start back up with Korey. Jeremy is a totally witless agent of chaos. He's Mr. Bean without the charm.

If Cash and Korey stay together, even as just friends, they can probably win the whole thing, but he's so hung up on Florita (ugh and why) he would probably go back to her if she gives him any encouragement. Cash's story is ... I don't know. She had a brief conversation with Isaiah that felt incomplete and she didn't talk to Wes at all last night. Based on the way she was looking at Trina during Trina's recoupling speech and what I read about Monday's P+ episode, it seems like Cash might still be pining for Cinco. I would like to see something wipe that smug smile off Trina's face, but I don't want Cinco near Cash again. Since the audience is voting out a couple soon, this might be a non-issue though, since I would think Cinco and Trina are the least popular right now.

Aimee is so unpleasant. First her lecture to Jeremy on their second day together about how he wasn't waiting on her hand and foot, and then last night as she's telling Wes how attractive she finds him, she says, "but I hate your shirt." Jesus, he's not your SON. He can wear what he wants.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I hate Jeremy so much that when he checked the waffle iron after Korey started making one, I yelled, "LEAVE KOREY'S WAFFLE ALONE!"

THIS IS EXACTLY ME WHEN AIMEE KEPT PRYING THROUGH JAVONNY'S GROCERIES

17 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Aimee is so unpleasant. First her lecture to Jeremy on their second day together about how he wasn't waiting on her hand and foot, and then last night as she's telling Wes how attractive she finds him, she says, "but I hate your shirt." Jesus, he's not your SON. He can wear what he wants.

OMG yes.  I love how Wes was just reeling and reeling from that conversation.  He couldn't believe her audacity.  He just kept saying "Wow".  And long pause.  "Wow".  And long stunned pause.

I can't believe she "negged" Wes.  Probably because she's not even interested in him.  I'd like to see her talk that way to Jeremy.  Oh, well Jeremy doesn't ever wear shirts.

1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Probably best he left, to be honest. And I’m not even a fan. I just think if people are cheering him leaving because they don’t like players, then they’re sleeping on Wes (not so much here, but Reddit loves the guy). Wes just oozes cockiness and smugness to me. The way he talked about Aimee before their chat sounded so calculating and manipulative. Maybe he’ll stay committed to Aimee (she is pretty great), but I just don’t get a good feeling about the guy.

I don't get Wes being undeservedly cocky or smug.  If he's cocky, he's earned it.  He's no more cocky than Aimee or Shannon.  People are not even allowed to KISS in Aimee's presence.  Men's attention must be on her at all times.  And actually, women's too (Cash).  For some reason Cash must be interested in her feelings at all times.  Aimee doesn't even like Isaiah?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

If Cash and Korey stay together, even as just friends, they can probably win the whole thing, but he's so hung up on Florita (ugh and why) he would probably go back to her if she gives him any encouragement. Cash's story is ... I don't know. She had a brief conversation with Isaiah that felt incomplete and she didn't talk to Wes at all last night. Based on the way she was looking at Trina during Trina's recoupling speech and what I read about Monday's P+ episode, it seems like Cash might still be pining for Cinco. I would like to see something wipe that smug smile off Trina's face, but I don't want Cinco near Cash again. Since the audience is voting out a couple soon, this might be a non-issue though, since I would think Cinco and Trina are the least popular right now.

I DID really like how Cinco was the first to cheer Cash on when Cash had to make her "Boy" speech.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I DID really like how Cinco was the first to cheer Cash on when Cash had to make her "Boy" speech.  

I completely missed that. I did notice they were talking and working out together earlier. Hmmm. The editing on this show is done so quickly that it's not like they can craft story arcs, but it's interesting that they're showing us those two being friendlier with each other.

I forgot to mention the hilarious spectacle of Florita and Korey having a heart-wrenching conversation while Wes and Aimee are in the background doing that Dog Peeing on Fire Hydrant workout.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

My heart was breaking for Korey throughout this episode and I was so relieved when Cash saved him.  Hopefully, they will both find a good match.  

I agree, Aimee didn't seem to have any interest in Jeremy until other people started to go after him.  I was also  surprised when she told Wes she didn't like his shirt.  She doesn't like stripes.  I guess she left her manners in her other outfit: a non-striped outfit, of course.

And Shannon and Josh.  Please.  Spare us the details.   What happens in Love Island does not stay in Love Island.  It is broadcast all over the world, leaving an indelible record that can never be erased.  Youth truly is wasted on the young.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I still don't understand why they're almost never in the pool.  On the UK version, they're in it far more frequently.  Then again, they don't trowel on as much make-up...did anyone catch the amount of shading/highlighting/whatever Florita was doing at breakfast time?

I just find it odd that they all wake up and put on workout clothes, then at some point change into swim attire but rarely swim.  Then every night, it's full hair & makeup just to sit around.

I'd love the show much more if they'd be a little more natural and wear normal clothes and take advantage of the damn pool!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

They all do "contouring".  This never existed when I cared about putting makeup on, or if it did exist I didn't know about it.  Thank god.

Maybe the women don't like getting their hair wet.  Though, they could try tying it up and just wade.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I liked Isaiah, but I totally understand why Cash chose Korey. I think the "problem" with Isaiah is that he was actually honest, which people don't always understand. For example, the "same thing he said to 3 girls" was along the lines of "I really like you, and I've been thinking about you." He may have even said "the most" or something, but keep in mind that this may be true if he meets one girl, then another, then another. It was true for each one, but he's not going back to girl one to say, "I still really like you, but now I'm thinking about someone else MORE." Same as when he first coupled with Cash and told the guys, "if I'm with her, then I'm giving her my attention" (paraphrased), only to follow it with saying "well, if you're pursuing someone else, then that changes how much I invest into us." To me, he's not being a player, he's saying truths. But people don't want honest, they want praise and "loyalty." As we can see with Shannon and Josh, loyalty makes good TV, but bad relationships. I'd rather have Isaiah be honest to me, than to be Josh, pretending to not be attracted to anyone else ever so he doesn't face the wrath of Shannon, while Shannon runs around telling every new guy that comes in how immature all the guys are and that said new guy is her type and better than Josh, etc...

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

And Shannon and Josh.  Please.  Spare us the details.   What happens in Love Island does not stay in Love Island.  It is broadcast all over the world, leaving an indelible record that can never be erased.  Youth truly is wasted on the young.

Assume you're talking about the  post game recap from the broadcast ep. The streaming ep had a way more graphic version. 

Spoiler

Josh is apparently packing. And he gets turned on by going downtown, and is therefore very good at it (Shannon gives her best impression of his enthusiasm.) 

 

 

 

Edited by IndyMischa · Reason: Left out a word.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well, that was the best possible outcome of last night. Javonny was saved by poor Slade's family emergency. Olivia could not seem less interested in him. All her THs are just her halfheartedly convincing herself she might like him right before every recoupling.

Looks like we missed Isaiah friendzoning Cash Monday night. I know he's not the worst (JEREMY) but it still struck me as smarmy to suddenly say "We're such great FRIENDS, I really wanna be with Aimee" a day after you blathered on about being fully invested in Cash. Good for her for not throwing herself at the next best option (Wes) to save Korey. I'm grateful Isaiah didn't keep stringing her along or manipulate her with some bullshit loyalty guilt trip to save himself.

I feel terrible for Cash. She's not even everyone's safety option, she's the person everyone pretends to be into until they can make a move on their actual crush, which is worse. Why is she just "the friend?" (It's colorism.) Why couldn't Isiah be genuinely into her? Why can't Korey see her as more than a friend? Why can't Javonny? Why is she always passed around and over based on who's out of options? When is it her turn to be loved?

Florita and Aimee - JEREMY? You're ruining your time there and ignoring hot men who are obsessed with you for JEREMY? Is his hair emitting some type of irresistible pheromone? You're crying over this sentient claymation man? Why is Aimee suddenly pining for him? He did nothing with/for her even before the friendzone fight. And Florita, Jeremy is "a beautiful boy inside and out?" Where? Where is the beauty?

I felt bad when Korey said he felt humiliated bringing Florita breakfast after Jeremy brought her coffee. Korey is boyfriend material! He looked great with his hair back. Hopefully Florita doesn't drag him back with her tears tonight, but he seems very easily manipulated. So what, we're just supposed to hope for new girls so Korey can ditch Cash, because God forbid someone see Cash romantically!

Don't judge me, but I find Will...sexy? Him discussing turn ons with Kyra was funny. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Looks like we missed Isaiah friendzoning Cash Monday night. I know he's not the worst (JEREMY) but it still struck me as smarmy to suddenly say "We're such great FRIENDS, I really wanna be with Aimee" a day after you blathered on about being fully invested in Cash. Good for her for not throwing herself at the next best option (Wes) to save Korey. I'm grateful Isaiah didn't keep stringing her along or manipulate her with some bullshit loyalty guilt trip to save himself.

The P+ streaming version showed more of that conversation:

Spoiler

She actually called him out first on his interest being a bit forced. He agreed and they mutually decided they're better off as friends. 

That said, he very quickly turned & tried to rekindle things with Aimee. 

Aimee, meanwhile, regrets dropping Jeremy.  It appears to be the season of unrequited infatuation.

I don't think Isaiah is a bad guy, he's just wishy washy. I sense no manipulation, rather a bit of desperation to make something happen with someone so he could stay on the show. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Jeremy is a totally witless agent of chaos. He's Mr. Bean without the charm.

I can only hope he will somehow end up with a turkey on his head...

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ctmd said:

I liked Isaiah, but I totally understand why Cash chose Korey. I think the "problem" with Isaiah is that he was actually honest, which people don't always understand. For example, the "same thing he said to 3 girls" was along the lines of "I really like you, and I've been thinking about you." He may have even said "the most" or something, but keep in mind that this may be true if he meets one girl, then another, then another. It was true for each one, but he's not going back to girl one to say, "I still really like you, but now I'm thinking about someone else MORE." Same as when he first coupled with Cash and told the guys, "if I'm with her, then I'm giving her my attention" (paraphrased), only to follow it with saying "well, if you're pursuing someone else, then that changes how much I invest into us." To me, he's not being a player, he's saying truths. But people don't want honest, they want praise and "loyalty." As we can see with Shannon and Josh, loyalty makes good TV, but bad relationships. I'd rather have Isaiah be honest to me, than to be Josh, pretending to not be attracted to anyone else ever so he doesn't face the wrath of Shannon, while Shannon runs around telling every new guy that comes in how immature all the guys are and that said new guy is her type and better than Josh, etc...

You're so right.  He acted with honesty and integrity and Aimee and Cash didn't like this.  Aimee wanted him to pine after her and not look at other women even though she didn't like him.  Cash wanted him to pledge 100% loyalty to her even though she wasn't willing to give it.  He would have been better off lying.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

48 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Looks like we missed Isaiah friendzoning Cash Monday night. I know he's not the worst (JEREMY) but it still struck me as smarmy to suddenly say "We're such great FRIENDS, I really wanna be with Aimee" a day after you blathered on about being fully invested in Cash.

He said that?  What happened first, Cash wanting to ditch I. for Wes, or I. saying this?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Well, that was the best possible outcome of last night. Javonny was saved by poor Slade's family emergency. Olivia could not seem less interested in him. All her THs are just her halfheartedly convincing herself she might like him right before every recoupling.

Looks like we missed Isaiah friendzoning Cash Monday night. I know he's not the worst (JEREMY) but it still struck me as smarmy to suddenly say "We're such great FRIENDS, I really wanna be with Aimee" a day after you blathered on about being fully invested in Cash. Good for her for not throwing herself at the next best option (Wes) to save Korey. I'm grateful Isaiah didn't keep stringing her along or manipulate her with some bullshit loyalty guilt trip to save himself.

I feel terrible for Cash. She's not even everyone's safety option, she's the person everyone pretends to be into until they can make a move on their actual crush, which is worse. Why is she just "the friend?" (It's colorism.) Why couldn't Isiah be genuinely into her? Why can't Korey see her as more than a friend? Why can't Javonny? Why is she always passed around and over based on who's out of options? When is it her turn to be loved?

Florita and Aimee - JEREMY? You're ruining your time there and ignoring hot men who are obsessed with you for JEREMY? Is his hair emitting some type of irresistible pheromone? You're crying over this sentient claymation man? Why is Aimee suddenly pining for him? He did nothing with/for her even before the friendzone fight. And Florita, Jeremy is "a beautiful boy inside and out?" Where? Where is the beauty?

I felt bad when Korey said he felt humiliated bringing Florita breakfast after Jeremy brought her coffee. Korey is boyfriend material! He looked great with his hair back. Hopefully Florita doesn't drag him back with her tears tonight, but he seems very easily manipulated. So what, we're just supposed to hope for new girls so Korey can ditch Cash, because God forbid someone see Cash romantically!

Don't judge me, but I find Will...sexy? Him discussing turn ons with Kyra was funny. 

I’ve got an untested theory that Cash and Jovanny struggling has less to do with their appearances and more to do with their personalities. I think people get hung up on complimenting both on their personalities more than their looks, and figuring that’s the issue, but you can like someone’s personality and not be attracted to it. I think both do a poor job of matching other people’s energy (Cash is usually really energetic and bubbly or else stoic and almost cold. Jovanny is always WAY over the top with Olivia.). They both miss those moments to dial things down, be relaxed, and let small sparks go. I think about Aimee and Wes’ date, there were moments when they were both leaning back, there was a pause in the conversation, they looked at each other, and just smiled. They didn’t say anything they just both shared in the moment. I think you need that stuff. sometimes just reaching over and briefly squeezing your partners hand means more than a five minute conversation on where your heads at while both of you sit up right and emotionless. 
 

There are studies that say we respond more to body language than words people say. So I can totally see the guys enjoy talking with Cash about stuff but not feeling any attraction. Similarly, Olivia (who has a lot of her own issues) thinks J is funny and fun but you can tell sometimes she’s physically pushing herself away from him when he talks about her being an Amazonian Goddess. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I like Jeremy the Hair Flipper but I do think his time is gonna be cut short pretty soon.  Maybe tonight?  

Actually, I think most of the guys are pretty cool.  Exceptions are Cinco who thinks he's a playa, and Wes who thinks he's everything a woman should want in a man.  Harvard!

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wait, so the women have to reveal intimate information like, “What are your parents names?” But the guys are supposed to reveal how many people they’ve slept with and who they want to cheat with? That doesn’t seem fair. 

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Cashay is wearing that stupid crown now and she really does think she's the Queen.  I hope this so-called pact she made with Olivia backfires on both of them.  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

That pact is going to backfire badly. There is zero chance Will is leaving Kyra for Olivia. And Cinco made his choice awhile ago, so I don’t know why Cashay wants to humiliate herself further. They both seem delusional at this point, particularly Olivia. At least Cash has a history with Cinco. As I recall, Cash and Cinco had several make out sessions in bed at night when they were coupled up, so I get why she thinks he still might be into her. However, I’ve never seen Will do anything but hang all over Kyra, so Olivia’s hope seems to come out of nowhere. I’m just glad I no longer have to watch Olivia pretend to be at all interested in Jiovanni. As a couple, they are painfully boring to watch.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I rewound Olivia explaining to Javonny what a romantic comedy is like 10 times.  That whole segment and game was great and very funny.

I can't believe Cash and Olivia.  Well Cash, whatever that's fine.  But OLIVIA?????????????????????????????  There's NO WAY she has real feelings for Will.  Does she even know him?  

Kyra has done NOTHING to NOBODY.  She doesn't deserve that.

Of course they'd tell Shannon, shit-stirrer supreme, but how can she not see how hypocritical they are?  How would she feel if they made a pack to go after Joey-Josh?

By the way, I LOVED - LOOOOOOOVED how Josh basically told Shannon her conversation was pointless.  It so was and that so was the proper response to her nonsense!

2 hours ago, Fallacy said:

That pact is going to backfire badly. There is zero chance Will is leaving Kyra for Olivia.

Seriously, who does Olivia think she is?  Will wasn't making a marriage pact with her, he was answering in a game.

Oh my god I'm watching the last 5 minutes.   SHE IS SO DELUSIONAL.  She's acting like she's a star in some kind of Lifetime erotic thriller or something.  Not that I know because I watch them.  Which I don't.  (coughs)

The last song in the show was "Unstoppable" by Sia.

You guys will appreciate this.  I ONLY JUST FIGURED OUT that I've been taping the Canadian channel of this show which shows all the episodes an hour later than CBS!  When I could have just taped CBS instead.  Oh lord.   

Oh my god I almost forgot to mention.  Aimee trashtalking Javonny for putting the wrong spelling of her name (he was trying to compliment you you idiot) AND IS HER FAVOURITE COLOUR REALLY BEIGE?????????????????????????????????????????  Wes what do you see in her?!?!!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

It's going to be interesting to see which couple gets voted off tonight.  I think Cash and Korey are safe for now, but I wonder if she's beginning to lose some support on social media because of this pact with Olivia.

Speaking of Korey, I think he's a strange-looking dude with the all over the body tattoos and the earrings.  He does have nice eyes.  I wonder what he does for a living?

 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size