Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Episode talk only. No WWHL. No other housewife shows. No future information. 

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Sonja hides behind this ‘kooky’ act, but she’s really nasty. It comes out every now and then, like that snap at Ramona.  Her self-pitying crap is long played out, too. And that accent she put on when mocking Berhsan?...wow. Am I the only one who thought that sounded really racist?  

Nailed it nailed it nailed it

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

During the "intervention," Sonja called Lu out, and Lu admitted it:

S: Just because you're not drinking NOW, doesn't mean you weren't drinking before (unintelligible) downstairs,...

L: Of course I was, but we're not talking about ME right now.

I think Sonja said something about falling down stairs - which I took to mean the Mexico trip.  It didn't sound like she was accusing Lu of drinking like 5 minutes before hand.  I mean, we all know she could have accused her of drinking after her first attempt at sobriety.

• Love 15
(edited)
25 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

The gal pals really done goofed on that “intervention” in a bar, while hiding Sonia’s drink. But the medium swoops in performs an intervention by drunk, absentee dad from beyond the grave, shining a light on 60+ (however old Sonia is) years of trauma by pointing out her alcoholic/abandonment issues and everything that ever went wrong in her life is from that trauma! And the best part was Sonia saying she sees a healer, and she’s all: Oh, honey! You need some real help! Make sure they have a PhD from an accredited university! The “rose” is that female medium! The “thorn” is the male medium: You’re like a mountain goat, but like not on the mountain yet, so you’re more like a regular goat—but you could be a mountain goat if you just climb the mountain, but like, you’re doing okay on the farm, too, and you might teeter off the edge of the mountain, and all goats are beautiful in their own ways—when they’re not eating garbage… Say what?!?!

The male medium with his "So anyway..." when his schtick wasn't landing! Lol

15 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

S: Just because you're not drinking NOW, doesn't mean you weren't drinking before (unintelligible) downstairs,...

I had captions on (always) and Sonja said falling down stairs and in bushes (they should've shown my fave clip of the Lu vs bush there.) Sonja once again said she likes being funny, so she's equating her ott drunk antics as entertaining.

When Leah said in her TH about wishing someone would hold an intervention if SHE behaved that way, they should've rolled the clips of Ramona's house and the Rhode Island(?) dinner! C'mon Bravo

I get the glam and that they want to look excellent on camera, but it takes away from it a little when I see the process. Though I did like seeing Leah's extensions, it made me want to get some for my thin frog fur 

I loved how Ramona's first comment after Leah told her Sonja broke something, was "Was she hurt?" For all her assholishness, there's a little tiny bit of goodness.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Forgot letters and a )
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I think Sonja said something about falling down stairs - which I took to mean the Mexico trip.  It didn't sound like she was accusing Lu of drinking like 5 minutes before hand.  I mean, we all know she could have accused her of drinking after her first attempt at sobriety.

Yeah Sonja mentioned falling in the bushes.

How long is she going to HOLD ONTO THAT ONE??????

They'll be 70, 80 and she'll still be screaming drunk and she'll still scream at Luann that she once fell in the bushes.  Oh my god Woman Let it Go!

• Love 7

Yes, I think that Sonja was talking about Lu's previous antics, which is why Lu admitted it. It's not like Lu is unaware of how out-of-control her drinking got prior to her arrest. I don't think that Luann is hiding falling off the wagon or anything right now. And I don't have any problem saying "we're not talking about me" right now. They weren't talking about Lu, they were talking about Sonja and Sonja can use the behavior of all three women to deflect but the truth is, that's all that is - deflection. 

• Love 18
9 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Sonja clearly has a drinking problem at the very least, but honestly I don't think Leah and Luann have any credibility when it comes to talking about bad behavior while drinking.  They've been sober about five minutes.  And really, who has this kind of conversation IN A BAR?

Exactly! Let’s have this conversation when the person is at her daily summit of withdrawal!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It's not like Lu is unaware of how out-of-control her drinking got prior to her arrest.

Yet two or three times she downplayed what happened during her arrest, including saying she was just drinking in her room! Lu, it wasn’t your room, you threatened a cop, and you tried to resist arrest. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There are opportunities where that makes sense, like in an abusive situation or something, but Bershan just got drunk and said some things the women didn't like.  

It was especially ridiculous of Sonja who was as bad as Bershan doing it and no one suggesting she should also apologize for her behavior and her acting like it was cool that she was going to resort to violence. That would have been a perfect time, since they clearly don’t have an issue bringing it up in public spaces, to start holding Sonja accountable for her behavior.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 21
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It was especially ridiculous of Sonja who was as bad as Bershan doing it and no one suggesting she should also apologize for her behavior and her acting like it was cool that she was going to resort to violence. That would have been a perfect time, sense they clearly don’t have an issue bringing it up in public spaces, to start holding Sonja accountable for her behavior.

Agreed! I wonder if it has something to do with what Ramona said, how close to the edge they think Sonja is? 
I don't think the truce, on Sonja's side, is going to last, she was starting to go off on Bershan again during the 'intervention' when she was (relatively) sober. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Aside from Luann's arrest off-camera, we've never seen her be as belligerent or obnoxious as Sonja is almost every time she drinks.

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I wonder if Luann, Ramona, and Leah know that Sonja is dependent on the Bravo paycheck to live and this is why they are going soft on her? They know her financial situation and they worry about her being fired like Dorinda was. 

100% this.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

The water pill excuse cracked me up.  When she got up in the morning she looked BAD.  Speaking of, LuAnn is looking haggard these days.  Her cheeks are sinking in.  Bet she is drinking on the sly again when not filming.   What I hate most of all is how Leah took over the show, and not for the better.  She’s got everyone against each other.  Sneaky bitch.  Who is she to schewer Sonja?  She was the worst last season tearing up Ramona’s property running around Ramona’s pool acting like a lunatic.  Talking about her Grandma is getting old too.  I can see why she doesn’t get along with her parents.  They must have had their hands full.  Rob too.  They are watching over Kiki.  They don’t want another Leah.

10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

This was so good I rewound to watch again!

I know!  And I haven't finished the episode yet but so far no one bothered to tell her, not Eboni, not even the glam squad people.   Hilarious!

ETA:  Eboni finally told her!!! 

I'm sure they all noticed, figured that she was breathlessly WAITING for them to call her on it so that she could claim it was FASHION! and wouldn't give her the satisfaction.

Then when they didn't she went for the next best thing - whoopsadaisy!!

The only other person I can think of who works that hard at grabbing attention for her look is Dorit, but Dorit pulls it off. She tries too hard and she is embarrassingly overbranded... but she generally looks good head to toe.  Sutton tries, but she's just buying labels to show off the fact that she can afford them, regardless of the fact that they rarely flatter her (or would flatter anybody). Erika is hit or miss - sometimes she has the same issues as Sutton; this may be when she dresses herself, as opposed to when her team dresses her.  

But Leah facies herself as cutting edge fashion, and ... she doesn't appear to have much innate fashion sense. Which is a shame, because with her figure she could look effortlessly stylish in the most BASIC outfits (as Lu does).

• Love 10

I started liking Bershan already. She is so different from the rest of the group, and this is refreshing. 
LuAnn looks old. I’m sorry, but when Ramona and LuAnn were walking in the pilgrim village, they absolutely looked like two grandmas gossiping about others.
Ebony is just gorgeous. 
Leah is too judgement for who she is. She’s is not Bethenny after all.

Sonja needs help, but nothing can be done until she admits the fact. Right now she is a clown.

I liked Ramona 13 years ago - and I still like her…

• Love 13

Any (real) intervention for Sonja would need to happen off-camera and in between seasons, the same way they happened for Luann and Leah (and maybe Ramona?).  But the problem with that is that Sonja often does take the time between seasons to do a detox.  It's when she's back filming that she goes wild.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Feech said:

At least there was very little Eboni in this episode.

Now if they can just show less Leah we might be getting somewhere.

I guess someone got the word we don’t like her enlightening us.  Ebony is always pursing her lips.  I just read it means anger, disappointment, frustration, tension and disapproval.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

I am thinking Bershan got the "Mountain Goat" reading because this was her first year and the producers didn't know her full back-story...

I'm such a dummy.  I was thinking how easy it would be for these media (heh) to look up back stories for these people who were having their seance recorded for TV, and completely forgot they could just ask the producers.

1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Bershan was great with her apology! I halfway expected her to have sneaked off in the night, like we've seen other HW's do after big blow ups, but she owned it, and won points from me. 

She lost massive points for me when she was telling Sonja that if Sonja puts her hand in her face or whatever, her reaction will be to hit her, because that's how she rolls.  How about exercising just a teeny bit of self control, Life Coach?

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm such a dummy.  I was thinking how easy it would be for these media (heh) to look up back stories for these people who were having their seance recorded for TV, and completely forgot they could just ask the producers.

She lost massive points for me when she was telling Sonja that if Sonja puts her hand in her face or whatever, her reaction will be to hit her, because that's how she rolls.  How about exercising just a teeny bit of self control, 

10 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She lost massive points for me when she was telling Sonja that if Sonja puts her hand in her face or whatever, her reaction will be to hit her, because that's how she rolls.  How about exercising just a teeny bit of self control, Life Coach?

Did she say that?  I thought Bershan said that in her life experience, when somebody puts a finger is someone else's face, they usually or could get hit.  Not that SHE would hit Sonja?

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Anyone else think if Eboni got drunk and acted out and came with an apology later they would all accept it without issue?

Yes because they are all afraid of Eboni.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Ebony is always pursing her lips

It’s like she’s performing for the cameras all the time, even if in the background.

Thing is, Sonja loves free food, she needs to eat (something rib sticking stodgy) before drinking.  The producers should provide for this.  Because watching a bunch of rational teetotal housewives could cause ratings to plummet even further.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pi237 said:

And that accent she put on when mocking Berhsan?...wow. Am I the only one who thought that sounded really racist?  

Almost forgot about that! No, you're not alone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

The producers should provide for this.

She literally got drunk at dinner while eating. She eats, she is just also a hot drunken mess.

18 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Did she say that?  I thought Bershan said that in her life experience, when somebody puts a finger is someone else's face, they usually or could get hit.  Not that SHE would hit Sonja?

That’s what I heard too and she repeated to Sonja that she shouldn’t do that to other people because they wouldn’t restrain themselves. All the while, Sonja bragging that she would fight her or others.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

The amount of work and injectables Ramona has had were never more apparent than with a real cry. 

Thanks for the weekly dose of your bare ass Leah.  Give us a cooch-flash so i can compare yours to Snooki and Deaners.

Not loving Lu Ray Cyrus's talking head mullet. I suspect it was created with dippity-do (for the younger folks...thats the original hair gel and it was thick, wet, gooey glop).

Sonja makes me think of the line from When a man loves a woman...its just not as fun to pour you out of a cab at the end of the night as it used to be. 

There's someone standing next to me. Its a woman. She's older. Do you know anyone like that? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Bershan poured her heart out and apologized to the group, and the group not being very classy, tried to pile on more shit (Luann and Sonja) and Bershan just had to sit there and take it.

That was terrible!  I thought Bershan's apology  explained herself very well and I could tell she had given it some thought.   But instead of just being gracious about it Lu especially kept berating her.  I thing Bershan really hit a nerve with Lu calling her a boring grandma, lol.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, Feech said:

Yes because they are all afraid of Eboni.

Agree.  Could be production’s doing but she comes across as though it’s possible she may not hesitate to label someone as a racist for whatever the hell they may say or do.   It seems she sometimes reads things into things that may not be there ie: LuAnne saying she seemed angry and Eboni tells Leah LuAnne called her an angry black woman which was false.  I’ve read in one article that Luanne is afraid to film with her now.  Even if something were said or happened that Eboni decides in her mind as racist, it could be a career killer for her target.  Who wants to work/film walking on eggshells all the time?

The women are not the same around her.

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Oh no, I think I missed that? (I'm watching this while cleaning the house and feeding animals lol.)

I thought she said Sonj needs to cool it with the getting in people's faces, or someone will eventually pop her one? But that she, Bershan, would not do that? I'll have to rewatch with full attention!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Sonja hides behind this ‘kooky’ act, but she’s really nasty. It comes out every now and then, like that snap at Ramona.  Her self-pitying crap is long played out, too. And that accent she put on when mocking Berhsan?...wow. Am I the only one who thought that sounded really racist?  

I definitely noticed that and it was also happening even when she wasn’t mocking her. Both Ramona and Sonya were using words like girl and bitch, which I’ve never seen them do before. I don’t think they intended it to sound racist. I thought they were just trying to be cool.😬🙄

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

This episode broke me up. First off with all the ladies going on and on about Bershan’s inappropriate behavior when Leah acted like a crazed banshee last season and they pretty much ignored it. I guess it’s because Leah has an apple and Bershan doesn’t.  And then later saying she wished that people would do an intervention for her if she acted like Sonya. I nearly laughed out loud.  And we got to see lots of hair extensions being applied. How many does Leah wear? It was also apparent that Ramona knew about the fight before Leah told her. I also suspect that Sonya knew that the ladies were going to talk to her about her drinking when she was so reluctant to go over and talk to them. I really enjoyed this episode for its absurdity, obvious scripting, the hair extensions, and best of all, the look on the bystander’s face in the lobby when he saw Leah’s outfit.  Priceless.

Thank you! The editors definitely fell asleep at the wheel on that. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Sonja once again said she likes being funny, so she's equating her ott drunk antics as entertaining.

She also said that she takes pride in being funny. I have never, not even once, found her to be funny. She is so over the top and performing for the cameras. I’m always puzzled when I see comments on other sites and people talk about how funny she is, that she makes them laugh out loud, that she is the best thing on the show, etc.I just can’t see it. I find her behavior embarrassing and boring.

• Love 15

Eboni tells Leah LuAnne called her an angry black woman which was false

It wasn't false, but that was discussed to death a few episodes back, so...

RHOBH has a lot more Housewives so there's more going on

And overall as a group (a few instances here and there notwithstanding) they seem to be much more racially aware.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah Sonja mentioned falling in the bushes.

How long is she going to HOLD ONTO THAT ONE??????

Probably as long as I am because that clip seriously makes me laugh every time.  I think they should show it each time Countess Lu acts all high and mighty.   (How DARE you!)

42 minutes ago, J80134 said:

Not loving Lu Ray Cyrus's talking head mullet.

Hahahaha!   🤣 🤣   Awesome.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think they do it because they are reality tv stars and want to look their best on camera, but we would like to see a little more reality and a little less professional hair and makeup.

I blame karTRASHians. I remember when the sisters first began swanning about, repeatedly declaring "I am getting ready for a photo shoot." "I have a photo shoot today." "Mommy can't play with you- she's getting ready for a photo shoot."

They friggin' LOVED bragging about their photo shoots. And introduced the world to watching their glam sessions.

Somehow this practice was adopted by thirsty housewives, who view glam sessions as evidence of their importance.

Thinking that viewers prefer watching their spackle sessions, complete with curlers and extensions, is the height of delusion and narcissism.

Eboni and Leah think they've arrived.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Sonja once again said she likes being funny, so she's equating her ott drunk antics as entertaining.

This is the problem with Sonja. She's not funny when she's drinking. Nobody is laughing at how funny she is. She can't see it. Can she be funny without drinking? I have seen her throwing some fabulous shade in her talking heads when she appears to be sober. 

I also think Sonja drinks because she thinks she is securing her spot on the show and if she doesn't get crazy drunk she will be fired for being boring. 

I actually didn't hate any of these women this episode. That's a first in a long time. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I agree. She likes to put on the wounded kitten act as well and sadly Eboni seems to be falling for it. Bershan was right to call her a clown and for Sonja to get enraged by that - when her whole schtick is acting goofy and flaky and like a clown? Not buying it. 

I do think that Bershan came in way too hot and heavy handed at the dinner the night before - clearly working to get her apple - but her apology (though it was clearly strategic) was well done and I was waiting for Sonja to apologize too. What I realized with Sonja is that she and Ramona are two sides of the same coin. Neither really apologizes for anything - Ramona will do her disappearing act when things get too hot and Sonja devolves into crazy, flaky, clown mode to avoid things. 

I think too that Sonja has gotten a big head as she is pretty loved for her "kookiness" (gag) and thinks as long as she puts it on, she's good to go.

None of this is to say that she isn't terrified all the time about losing this, her most lucrative money-making gig. I think she's spinning just as fast as she can all the time because it must be incredibly scary to know that if she loses this income, what will she have to live on? And I think this does spur her nasty comments towards Ramona and Lu - always claiming they don't support her or help her or whatever. They both would be fine if they lost this gig... not so Sonja. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Oh no, I think I missed that? (I'm watching this while cleaning the house and feeding animals lol.)

I thought she said Sonj needs to cool it with the getting in people's faces, or someone will eventually pop her one? But that she, Bershan, would not do that? I'll have to rewatch with full attention!

You did not get it wrong.  Bershan said that others might get physical with Sonja if she shoved her finger in their face and advanced on them the way she did.  Bershan did not say that she would physically harm Sonja for doing so. Bershan gave as good as she got in the yelling in the other person's face and wagging a finger.  Sonja started and Bershan stepped right up to be as big of a mess.  Only Sonja caused physical damage by smashing the glass on the fire equipment door. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

It wasn't false, but that was discussed to death a few episodes back, so.

Oops apologies, I must have completely missed when she called her an angry black woman.  All I saw was that Lu said Eboni seemed angry and I totally missed the black woman part!  Like some others I’m doing other things while I’m watching the show so I do miss some things!

I missed the part about leahs dress being on backward too😕

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Why do Leah and Eboni have glam squads every time they are on camera??  Especially during COVID…any place they venture out to has been shut down for just these women.  Who are they glamming up for?  Or sit just a status/narcissistic ego thing, like Erica on RHOBH?

Sonja needs rehab and deep therapy to get her shit together while she’s relatively young enough to benefit from it. She IS a clown.  Drunk and disorderly is not acceptable from anyone. Her poor daughter must be embarrassed from years of escalating delusions and sloppy drunkenness.  Sonja doesn’t think she has a problem with alcohol??? She has all the classic excuses of an alcoholic’s reasons for why she “gets a little loopy”.  It’s never HER a fault for drinking.  It’s the water pills, or the altitude, or the food combination she had with dinner, or lack of food, or she was sad and needed a pick me up, or she was happy and celebrating, or she’s used to champagne, so the liquor got her drunk, or she did a shot and that was her tipping point, or she didn’t sleep well….On and ON!  Always someone or something to blame for pouring 3-4-8 drinks down her throat. Now she’s blaming that lovely Italian restaurant in Salem for serving “cheap red wine”??? Are you fucking kidding me?  Dorinda got bounced from the show for being belligerent and mean.  Sonja has now gotten physical with a cast mate and damaged private property.  If Bravo and TPTB for this show don’t intervene and force the rehab issue, they are complicit in Sonja’s self destructive behavior.  And I think Luann and Ramona need to take a serious stand if they truly care about their friend.  It isn’t cute or funny to witness someone so broken. Sonja looks old and tired and defeated. 

THIS! Sonja needs to go to a really good REHAB not a glorified spa. She has an alcohol issue, not sure if this qualifies as an alcoholic but clearly, her drinking is causing her to act badly and is putting her in physical and mental danger. She self medicates and then blames her behavior on everything but herself. She's a belligerent and angry drunk. Very much like Dorinda was. I was horrified that she and Bershan, who was also drunk, got into a physical fight that spilled out into the halls and resulted in breaking the glass on the fire extinquisher...the Hawthorne Hotel is a lovely, famous, historic place and they had to soil it with their Bowery bum dive bar drunken brawl. Disgraceful and classless.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

You did not get it wrong.  Bershan said that others might get physical with Sonja if she shoved her finger in their face and advanced on them the way she did.  Bershan did not say that she would physically harm Sonja for doing so. Bershan gave as good as she got in the yelling in the other person's face and wagging a finger.  Sonja started and Bershan stepped right up to be as big of a mess.  Only Sonja caused physical damage by smashing the glass on the fire equipment door. 

Thank you for the clarification! I'm rewatching a little more closely right now, as I'm swiffering the living room, lol. If Sonja does indeed behave this way when she's out in public (but not with anyone in this group who really know her) she puts herself in quite a precarious place.

Eboni's post-scuffle TH of "Come on, we're classy ladies" made me giggle.

Then ffw to the medium after the huge crash "There won't be any levitating or eyeballs flickering..." and Sonja says "..but there might be poop!" Yes, I believe there probably will be, but I hope we don't have to see it again!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Pi237 said:

The psychic stuff was ridiculous, as always. Hire some new script writers already!!  So bored.

Interesting, isn't it, how Sonja's nasty side comes out when she's loaded. She especially takes alot of anger out on Ramona. She's combative, mean, verbally abusive and now we can add physical anger to the list. Unfortunately, I think the only people that might be able to stage a successful intervention with Sonja are her daughter and the producers of RHONY. And frankly, she needs to be fired or quit the show. She will not get control of her drinking and her drunken behavior as long as she is on this show. She needs to devote herself to rehabilitation and commit to sobriety. Clearly, from what we learned last night about her father being a drunk, this is in the genes. She has a genetic predisposition to alcoholism. She needs professional treatment and a good therapist who has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology to help her...the psychic was right about that....or bring Bethenny back to tell her "You're a drunk!" like she did with Dorinda.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I'm not sure I can bear a rewatch, but I didn't come away with the impression that she said she herself wouldn't do it.  She said that her experience is that people who finger wag in someone's face get hit, and I don't know why she would have said that if it had nothing to do with her.  It seemed to me like she wasn't condemning the practice of hitting someone who puts a finger in one's face, which I take as similar to when people beat up other people because "you made me do it."  I heartily condemn both.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She said that her experience is that people who finger wag in someone's face get hit, and I don't know why she would have said that if it had nothing to do with her. 

Because she was stating that Sonja should avoid doing that with other people because it might end differently. Sonja responded that she didn’t care because she was ready to get physical. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm not sure I can bear a rewatch, but I didn't come away with the impression that she said she herself wouldn't do it.  She said that her experience is that people who finger wag in someone's face get hit, and I don't know why she would have said that if it had nothing to do with her.  It seemed to me like she wasn't condemning the practice of hitting someone who puts a finger in one's face, which I take as similar to when people beat up other people because "you made me do it."  I heartily condemn both.

Lol, I re watched it so you don't have to!

When she was with Ramona she was basically saying that Sonja is playing with fire by getting combative in someone's face like she did, that in her experience, people will fight back and Sonja has been lucky no one has yet.
She did say that she herself wouldn't do it,(and that she listened when her dad warned her that people will give back what you give them, or even more), but someone else just might one of these days.  (Ramona added that Sonja could end up arrested.)

Later during the hug w Sonja, she told her to please not do that to anyone else, but Sonja blew her off, probably because Bershan had been face-yelling-finger-wagging right back. 

I don't get why none of them just walk away when someone starts going off, or jumping on their last nerve. It's never going to end well to either escalate things, or square off in a drunk screaming match. I'd gtfo fast if someone hollering at me got close enough to count my nose hair. 

• Love 9