Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Broken

• Start Topic

It's not really healthy that Patty's motivation for forming bonds with others is always about her fear of being alone vs. actually desiring the company of someone else.

• Love 5
(edited)

You know that part in Mean Girls where Regina admits that sweat pants were the only thing that could fit her anymore, and she’s so genuinely embarrassed and vulnerable that despite everything you find yourself feeling sorry for her?

I kind of felt the same way when Kevin got scared someone broke into the house. I don’t know why. He’s still an asshole and God knows there should never be a child brought into that trainwreck, but that’s the first time we’ve seen him act like an adult who cares about his wife and potential baby’s well-being.

Either way, Allison got a big reality check. It’s one thing to fantasize and plan to killing her husband, but knowing it’s about to go down is another. She’s starting to realize that ridding herself of Kevin won’t solve all her problems; Patty rightfully points out that it’s not going to be an automatic ticket to her fantasy scone-and-book life—not if she wants to get away with it.

Sam can just go away. Yeah, you don’t hate Jenn, you just secretly resent her and her parents because you depend on their financial support. Like that’s so much better.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 5

Interesting that Neil still only exists within the sitcom framing, even when Kevin's not around. I guess he's sucked so deep into Kevin's orbit that it follows him wherever he goes. The scene he had with Patty and Tammy was still all about Kevin.

It was oddly nice to hear Allison reminisce about some better times with Kevin. I could see her finding his antics much more charming when they were younger, but as she grew out of them and he stayed the same (and his darker nature began to show itself), it took its toll. Annie Murphy was also doing a great job of playing the dread that Allison was feeling as the big day got closer. This was always going to be much harder for her to pull off than she realized, and it makes sense that her guilt would manifest itself physically like that.

There were a lot of scenes I found moving this episode. Patty asking Tammy to let this be difficult for her ("I have cable, I know we're all cool with this now or whatever"), Patty admitting to Allison that she just likes spending time with her ("You were like a pointy houseplant. A naggy pointy houseplant. A naggy ficus."), and the fight between Sam and Jenn. There is a lot to unpack in that marriage. It's like he's jealous of Allison for not being as miserable as he is.

"Vagina-cologist" got an actual laugh from me. And everything Kevin said about his little, ahem, donation was absolutely disgusting but I have to admit I also found it wildly clever. "It's like going to Colonial Williamsburg and churning your own butter." There was also a moment when he came back to the house and hit the bongo a little too hard with his dominant hand and winced at the pain. Ew ew ew!

Also, no wonder Kevin is the way he is. Is Pete remotely capable of not kissing his ass at all times?

Jenny McCarthy...Tank Top!

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

He’s still an asshole and God knows there should never be a child brought into that trainwreck, but that’s the first time we’ve seen him act like an adult who cares about his wife and potential baby’s well-being.

I was also pleasantly surprised that he made an effort to protect Allison instead of doing something cowardly like asking her to check on the noises because he can't risk getting injured before the next Jenny McCarthy Tank Top gig.

Sam got mean really quickly after Allison told him she didn't want to have sex with him anymore. He's a d-bag, and I hope Jenn finds out about the affair and makes her parents cut off financial support for the diner.

I'm not a fan of Tammy the detective in the drama setting, but I liked her in the sitcom setting. She was obviously making fun of Neil but being subtle enough that he didn't realize it.

So is Kevin dead now? Allison seemed really shaken up during the questioning, and I don't think she was acting.

• Love 4

I still don't get whether Patty is sincere or working the angles when she's pursuing a relationship with Tammy.

Wow, Neil carries sitcomland with him, even without Kevin! So Kevin, Neil, and probably Pete do but the last is unconfirmed. No women do. Kurt and Nick and Sam don't, though Nick and Sam have appeared in sitcomland.

I'm fascinated by how the sitcom parts work as a (terrible multicam) sitcom but also how they are relevant to the single cam story. Though Tammy never did end up sliding her interrogation trump card across the table.

Allison continues to wreck her own path. She inadvertently blew up Terrence's drug dealing which derailed her own plan to kill Kevin with pills, and then she threw away the pamphlets in her own trash rather than shredding them or ditching them at the diner or like anywhere besides the garbage cans in front of her house. Or hell, throw them away but in a bag and this whole thing works out.

Also, pressuring Nick might have contributed to getting him fired from the restaurant. The other thing is the boss (feels like an uncle?) was being unfair about the plate being sent back. He's a busboy, not a waiter. It's absolutely not on him to know if there's dairy in a dish.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Aileen said:

I’m 99.9999999% sure that Kevin shot Nick, not the other way around.

Oh, absolutely. When Patty asked Allison about her relationship to Kevin during their 'rehearsal', she said "He was my husband", but when the cops asked her the same question, she used the word "is". Of course, Kevin could've been shot but without being killed, but I think it went completely south - either way, he's not dead.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, arc said:

Allison continues to wreck her own path. She inadvertently blew up Terrence's drug dealing which derailed her own plan to kill Kevin with pills, and then she threw away the pamphlets in her own trash rather than shredding them or ditching them at the diner or like anywhere besides the garbage cans in front of her house. Or hell, throw them away but in a bag and this whole thing works out.

She wanted the pamphlets to be found. Remember, she ascertained several times at the fertility clinic that there would be a record of her visit and she even knocked over a display to make sure the staff remembers her. She wanted to create the impression that she was fully committed to the marriage before Kevin's death so that she's not a suspect. That's also why she stopped sleeping with Sam.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

She wanted the pamphlets to be found. Remember, she ascertained several times at the fertility clinic that there would be a record of her visit and she even knocked over a display to make sure the staff remembers her. She wanted to create the impression that she was fully committed to the marriage before Kevin's death so that she's not a suspect. That's also why she stopped sleeping with Sam.

Yeah but they came back to bite her because Neil and Kevin finding them led Kevin to change his mind about having kids. And if he’s still alive, she’s uncle again screwed herself into her own trap. Unless she finds a way to just get a divorce.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

She wanted the pamphlets to be found.

I don’t think she did though. The trash probably would have been hauled away before the murder’s original scheduled date. She just wanted to be seen taking the pamphlet at the clinic, not leave it near her home. If she really wanted to sell that she was trying to get pregnant for the sake of hypothetical police investigators, she would have kept the pamphlet in the house.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, arc said:

I still don't get whether Patty is sincere or working the angles when she's pursuing a relationship with Tammy.

I think this is real for Patty. Her big speech about having trouble with it was heartfelt, and she doesn't seem like the type who could fake something like that. And in the scene with Neil, she and Tammy were in jammies which means they're in the sleeping over phase, which would be pretty far to take a relationship she wasn't serious about.

I haven't ruled out Tammy playing Patty though. She keeps asking about Allison and overall just seems like she have less qualms playing a person's feelings like that. I just can't shake the feeling that Patty's in for some serious heartbreak by the time the season's over. It seems inevitable.

Allison does seem to have a knack for getting in her own way, but Neil only found the pamphlet because he took Patty's painting out of the trash--Patty didn't notice it when she threw it away.

Another fun Easter egg between the sitcom and drama worlds: Patty's painting was much better when Neil found it than when she threw it away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

That was actually a good sitcom line.  'thats a well made guitar'

Seems her boss/boyfriend had his own miserable life happening.   I wonder how much the wife suspects anything.  

And yes the sitcom mode follows Neil, but not patty.  Even at the beginning before they bonded.  

Agree that Kevin was not likely the one shot.  

What would be a big twist and what I was wondering is who did he actually shoot?  Maybe it wasn't the hitman.  

• Love 3
On 7/18/2021 at 5:02 PM, chocolatine said:

I was also pleasantly surprised that he made an effort to protect Allison instead of doing something cowardly like asking her to check on the noises because he can't risk getting injured before the next Jenny McCarthy Tank Top gig.

Sam got mean really quickly after Allison told him she didn't want to have sex with him anymore. He's a d-bag, and I hope Jenn finds out about the affair and makes her parents cut off financial support for the diner.

I'm not a fan of Tammy the detective in the drama setting, but I liked her in the sitcom setting. She was obviously making fun of Neil but being subtle enough that he didn't realize it.

So is Kevin dead now? Allison seemed really shaken up during the questioning, and I don't think she was acting.

My feeling is Sam is bigger trouble and more of a douche than Kevin.  Kevin is selfish and his actions hurt Allison as a result but he isn't malicious towards her.  He is truly ignorant of how his life causes so much hurt towards her.  

Sam strikes me as a different type of problem, like he wouldn't blink an eye hurting Allison if it saved himself.  Seems like he will use anyone for his needs.  I'm sure this isn't his first affair  not based on how he acts.  Who knows if he's even truly sober.  

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

My feeling is Sam is bigger trouble and more of a douche than Kevin.  Kevin is selfish and his actions hurt Allison as a result but he isn't malicious towards her.  He is truly ignorant of how his life causes so much hurt towards her.  

Sam strikes me as a different type of problem, like he wouldn't blink an eye hurting Allison if it saved himself.  Seems like he will use anyone for his needs.  I'm sure this isn't his first affair  not based on how he acts.  Who knows if he's even truly sober.  

100%. I found the set up with Sam going home was initially sympathetic as it was from his perspective. We could see that his in laws clearly don't like him and he definitely made what could be the genuine mistake of using Jenn's frustration with her parents as an opportunity to unload his feelings about them. Which was a bit of a step too far because even without Sam's background, we all know that "I can rant about my brother but I'll defend him if anyone else is mean about him" is a normal human reaction to our families. And that's without the fact that we know Sam has been unfaithful to Jenn, which at least on some level she is aware of and hurting from. We know that as an alcoholic he probably caused utter chaos in her life, that her parents probably had to help her through. And we know that her parents have had to provide very significant financial support to them which Sam is more resentful for than grateful. When Sam was ranting about how Jenn and her family treat him Jenn's response made it clear that Sam has behaved appallingly in their marriage, affecting Jenn's family. And his reaction was to walk out. Which as the ex spouse of an alcoholic is absolute torture because storming out of the house due to a disagreement is usually done expressly to get very drunk. And even if Sam isn't intending to drink, he knows that until he is back, Jenn will be going through hell.

We also saw in the last episode that he was very angry that Allison wouldn't meet him after work for sex because, from his perspective, she was going out with her husband to celebrate his birthday. I've never had an affair or been the other women. But if I was, as much as it might smart, I'd think that prioritising your spouses birthday over a booty call would be pretty standard. Because regardless of how you felt about your spouse at the point in the marriage where you are cheating, how would you even justify not going to their birthday dinner in your normal way? But Sam was full of self-righteous anger about it. Sam is more physically attractive than Kevin, probably more capable of intelligent conversation on a variety of topics and on a surface level (such as to the restaurant staff) he probably comes across as more mature and polite. But other than that, he is as terrible a person. 

Edited by AllyB
  • Love 8
On 7/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, helenamonster said:

Allison does seem to have a knack for getting in her own way, but Neil only found the pamphlet because he took Patty's painting out of the trash--Patty didn't notice it when she threw it away.

What I've started to notice is that some of the trope-y sitcom plots are following Allison into her "real" world or perhaps she's dragging them along with her. As soon as we saw her throw the pamphlets, face up and oh so visible, into the trash can I knew it was only a matter of time until somehow they were found. The sitcom-beats were there. She threw them away unnecessarily close to her own home and discoverable by anyone who opened the can. Then there was Patty throwing away her picture with the momentary "will she find the pamphlets and think that Allison is double-dealing somehow" to the moment Neil walks up and sees the painting. Even the way he took it out was full of the pauses that would happen in a sitcom. He's taken out the painting and marveling at it and why someone would throw it away and you have a moments thought that perhaps he'll not see the pamphlets because he's distracted and then... he does and sitcom hijinks ensue.

They've done such a good job of showing how Allison's "real" world is so different than what Kevin's is and far distant from anything Kevin would imagine Allison's world to be. And yet Kevin's world seeps through into Allison's and Patty's and everyone else's to lesser or greater degrees (fully with Neil apparently).

I too am sure that it is not Kevin who was shot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Alison couldn't have been more obvious at the clinic, repeatedly asking if her visit was going to be recorded. Yeah, it's setting up a "happy marriage alibi" but on the other hand, if Tammy goes back and asks at the clinic, any witnesses that recount how squirrelly she acted could seriously set off a red flag.

In any case, Patty is right: Allison is no criminal mastermind.

• Love 5

I wonder if Kevin shot Neil (and, if not, most likely Nick) which could really have a different type of impact on the story.  No matter who Kevin shot (and I agree that he shot someone rather than getting shot himself) there may not be a long-term legal impact as it seems whomever it was did enter their house and if it was Nick, Nick had a gun.  Emotional impact would be huge if it was Neil (maybe Nick as well).

I agree with the posters who wrote that Sam is a whole other type of problem for Allison and that more of his true self is being shown while there are still questions (at least in my mind) about what the totality of Kevin's true self will end of being.  I did notice a bruise on Allison's arm/elbow when she was in the medical office and wonder if there is an evolving storyline that will be related to that.  

Am uncomfortable that a cop is dating someone who was questioned as part of an ongoing investigation and who may still be a suspect.  But, it certainly adds another dimension to the story.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, seacliffsal said:

I wonder if Kevin shot Neil (and, if not, most likely Nick) which could really have a different type of impact on the story.  No matter who Kevin shot (and I agree that he shot someone rather than getting shot himself) there may not be a long-term legal impact as it seems whomever it was did enter their house and if it was Nick, Nick had a gun.  Emotional impact would be huge if it was Neil (maybe Nick as well).

Except that the gun was the one that Patty and Allison got on their crazy road trip. Kevin just found it buried in the yard - so I'm guessing there will be legal issues when the gun isn't registered and maybe even tied to other bad things. 

On 7/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, seacliffsal said:

Am uncomfortable that a cop is dating someone who was questioned as part of an ongoing investigation and who may still be a suspect.  But, it certainly adds another dimension to the story.

I agree but I wonder if she isn't considered a suspect. Just a witness to the take down. I hope that the cop isn't just dating her to get info. But I agree that no matter what Patty is likely going to get hurt. 

On 7/26/2021 at 12:19 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Alison couldn't have been more obvious at the clinic, repeatedly asking if her visit was going to be recorded. Yeah, it's setting up a "happy marriage alibi" but on the other hand, if Tammy goes back and asks at the clinic, any witnesses that recount how squirrelly she acted could seriously set off a red flag.

I'm curious if they would do anything beyond confirming that she was there for an appointment. Can cops demand that doctors violate HIPPA? And that secretary won't remember. she was way more into whatever she was looking at on her computer. They will just be able to say yes - she was here for an X:00 appt. Maybe I am thinking too much on this. 

Also - in some ways - Neil and Kevin seeing the pamphlets and Kevin getting tested actually supports the happy marriage ideal that Allison was trying to establish. It's not as one sided. This does present issues because I agree that Kevin didn't get shot so will see if Kevin then starts pressuring Allison to have a kid. 

Edit - corrected it to say that Kevin found the gun which is what I meant but for some reason typed Nick. Oops!

Edited by slaterain
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, slaterain said:

Except that the gun was the one that Patty and Allison got on their crazy road trip. Nick just found it buried in the yard - so I'm guessing there will be legal issues when the gun isn't registered and maybe even tied to other bad things.

Kevin found it buried in the yard. Nick brought his own gun (supposedly, since he's the hit man).

When Tammy was giving Neil tips on how to interrogate someone, I thought Patty would start to get suspicious of her own relationship with Tammy. I'm still not 100% convinced that Tammy isn't working her as a suspect, and didn't she do some of the same steps with Patty when she first questioned her? 

• Love 2

Patti has no chemistry with the cop at all. I wonder if the show cast this way on purpose, or just didn't care one way or the other? Patti has way more chemistry with Allison.

It struck me as funny that the guy hired to kill Kevin has a big peace sign on his wall. Likely was just meant to go with his old and second hand looking furniture, but it struck me as funny. I also laughed when the cop asked Allison if Kevin had any enemies (don't remember the exact phrasing) and Allison answered "Everyone loves Kevin". I assume that was on purpose by the writers, since the sitcom part of the show is supposed to resemble shows like Everyone Loves Raymond. 

• Love 3

Definitely think Kevin is still going to be alive when this is all said and done, although I guess it's possible he'll still get shot.  But right now, I'm thinking he got the drop on Nick (assuming it was him) and that's going to be another big wrinkle in Allison's plan.  Despite having the lowest opinion of Kevin possible, I will at least give him credit for wanting to protect Allison (and their possible future child), and actually kind of act like a responsible adult for once.  Not sure if it was just a blip or if the idea of being a father is actually making him mature in some ways (granted, he had literally just came back from karaoke with his band, "Jenny McCarthy's Tank Top" singing "Don't Stop Believing" three times, so his buffoonery is clearly far from over!)

Granted, I'm starting to think Kevin might have competition for being the worse, because I'm really getting some uncomfortable vibes with Sam more and more.  He just seems like a guy who tries to act all nice and mature on the surface, but if anything goes wrong or someone disagrees with him, he starts lashing out and acting like a petty child at best.  But I kind of wonder if he has his own control issues and I worry for Allison if that is the case.  Still not sure what to make of Jenn yet, as she was more sympathetic this time, but still can come off a little jerkish throughout the entire show.

Interesting that the sitcom world follows Neil around too: even when Kevin isn't there.  I guess he's caught up in Kevin's world?

I still worry for Patty with how things play out with her and Tammy.  I have a feeling the whole bit with showing how Tammy "interrogates" someone is a major flag that the same thing is going down right now with them, but on a whole other level.

I wonder if Tammy's detective partner will factor in more, because it seems like a waste of Kevin Chapman right now to just have him mainly be hanging off to the side.  Fusco deserves more!

Mainly a set up for the finale episode next week, but I really can't wait to see how this plays out!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Patti has no chemistry with the cop at all. I wonder if the show cast this way on purpose, or just didn't care one way or the other? Patti has way more chemistry with Allison.

I think Patty could have chemistry with Tammy but right now she is rightly more freaked out about potentially getting busted for drug dealing that she is able to commit and be in the moment. And that plays out onscreen as bad chemistry.

• Love 1
On 7/18/2021 at 8:03 AM, Spartan Girl said:

You know that part in Mean Girls where Regina admits that sweat pants were the only thing that could fit her anymore, and she’s so genuinely embarrassed and vulnerable that despite everything you find yourself feeling sorry for her?

I kind of felt the same way when Kevin got scared someone broke into the house. I don’t know why. He’s still an asshole and God knows there should never be a child brought into that trainwreck, but that’s the first time we’ve seen him act like an adult who cares about his wife and potential baby’s well-being.

Either way, Allison got a big reality check. It’s one thing to fantasize and plan to killing her husband, but knowing it’s about to go down is another. She’s starting to realize that ridding herself of Kevin won’t solve all her problems; Patty rightfully points out that it’s not going to be an automatic ticket to her fantasy scone-and-book life—not if she wants to get away with it.

Sam can just go away. Yeah, you don’t hate Jenn, you just secretly resent her and her parents because you depend on their financial support. Like that’s so much better.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:01 PM, helenamonster said:

Interesting that Neil still only exists within the sitcom framing, even when Kevin's not around. I guess he's sucked so deep into Kevin's orbit that it follows him wherever he goes. The scene he had with Patty and Tammy was still all about Kevin.

It was oddly nice to hear Allison reminisce about some better times with Kevin. I could see her finding his antics much more charming when they were younger, but as she grew out of them and he stayed the same (and his darker nature began to show itself), it took its toll. Annie Murphy was also doing a great job of playing the dread that Allison was feeling as the big day got closer. This was always going to be much harder for her to pull off than she realized, and it makes sense that her guilt would manifest itself physically like that.

There were a lot of scenes I found moving this episode. Patty asking Tammy to let this be difficult for her ("I have cable, I know we're all cool with this now or whatever"), Patty admitting to Allison that she just likes spending time with her ("You were like a pointy houseplant. A naggy pointy houseplant. A naggy ficus."), and the fight between Sam and Jenn. There is a lot to unpack in that marriage. It's like he's jealous of Allison for not being as miserable as he is.

"Vagina-cologist" got an actual laugh from me. And everything Kevin said about his little, ahem, donation was absolutely disgusting but I have to admit I also found it wildly clever. "It's like going to Colonial Williamsburg and churning your own butter." There was also a moment when he came back to the house and hit the bongo a little too hard with his dominant hand and winced at the pain. Ew ew ew!

Also, no wonder Kevin is the way he is. Is Pete remotely capable of not kissing his ass at all times?

Jenny McCarthy...Tank Top!

Pete and Kevin's relationship is so strange. He is the Father but he acts like a 3rd banana for his son. Maybe, it is because Kevin is an only child? 

On 7/18/2021 at 5:02 PM, chocolatine said:

2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Definitely think Kevin is still going to be alive when this is all said and done, although I guess it's possible he'll still get shot.  But right now, I'm thinking he got the drop on Nick (assuming it was him) and that's going to be another big wrinkle in Allison's plan.  Despite having the lowest opinion of Kevin possible, I will at least give him credit for wanting to protect Allison (and their possible future child), and actually kind of act like a responsible adult for once.  Not sure if it was just a blip or if the idea of being a father is actually making him mature in some ways (granted, he had literally just came back from karaoke with his band, "Jenny McCarthy's Tank Top" singing "Don't Stop Believing" three times, so his buffoonery is clearly far from over!)

Granted, I'm starting to think Kevin might have competition for being the worse, because I'm really getting some uncomfortable vibes with Sam more and more.  He just seems like a guy who tries to act all nice and mature on the surface, but if anything goes wrong or someone disagrees with him, he starts lashing out and acting like a petty child at best.  But I kind of wonder if he has his own control issues and I worry for Allison if that is the case.  Still not sure what to make of Jenn yet, as she was more sympathetic this time, but still can come off a little jerkish throughout the entire show.

Interesting that the sitcom world follows Neil around too: even when Kevin isn't there.  I guess he's caught up in Kevin's world?

I still worry for Patty with how things play out with her and Tammy.  I have a feeling the whole bit with showing how Tammy "interrogates" someone is a major flag that the same thing is going down right now with them, but on a whole other level.

I wonder if Tammy's detective partner will factor in more, because it seems like a waste of Kevin Chapman right now to just have him mainly be hanging off to the side.  Fusco deserves more!

Mainly a set up for the finale episode next week, but I really can't wait to see how this plays out!

Sam is enjoying sleeping with Allison because it is the only way he can get back at Jen. He feels emasculated because her family is funding his lifestyle and I have little to no sympathy for him. My husband and I purposely were financially independent our whole married lives because we understood that taking money from the family came with too many strings.

If you hate taking the money then live within your means and work hard to be able to fund your diner yourself.

The difference is that Allison is sleeping with Sam because she honestly thinks he is a much better person than Kevin because he seems handsome and sensitive....which might not actually be the case.

• Love 5

It literally just now occurred to me that the gun Kevin found was the one Allison got in Vermont that Patty buried in the backyard. Even though I told myself when a literal Chekhov's gun showed up to keep an eye on it because it was going to come into play later, I'd totally forgotten about it and believed Kevin's theory that it had been left there by the previous tenant (I also noticed he said tenant, not owner, so I guess he and Allison don't even own the house). It was also good of the show to set up Kevin and Neil's metal detecting hobby early on as well, which itself wraps into Kevin's larger personality trait of get-rich-quick scheme aficionado.

6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Look at her coat!

• Love 2

I forgot all about the Vermont gun!  Hopefully they will rerun the season as I obviously have forgotten a lot of things that will probably be important in the season finale.  It will be interesting how they wrap up the season yet leave plot lines for season 2 (hopefully there will be a season 2).

Count me in as one who doesn't think Kevin got shot, but the ham-handed misdirection was really, really annoying. If Kevin shot an intruder why are they asking who would have a beef with him or asking about an argument with Neil? And Allison had traces of blood on her hands in the interrogation room. Flashing neon signs that Kevin is the one who got shot even though that is mostly likely not the case.

• Love 3
On 7/26/2021 at 1:36 PM, cardigirl said:

Kevin found it buried in the yard. Nick brought his own gun (supposedly, since he's the hit man).

Meant to type Kevin - too many thoughts while watching this! :) 

On 7/26/2021 at 10:17 AM, slaterain said:

I'm curious if they would do anything beyond confirming that she was there for an appointment. Can cops demand that doctors violate HIPPA? And that secretary won't remember. she was way more into whatever she was looking at on her computer. They will just be able to say yes - she was here for an X:00 appt. Maybe I am thinking too much on this. 

Allison could ok anyone looking at her own records- and wouldn't she WANT them to find something?  

On 7/26/2021 at 8:39 PM, Jordan61 said:

Count me in as one who doesn't think Kevin got shot, but the ham-handed misdirection was really, really annoying. If Kevin shot an intruder why are they asking who would have a beef with him or asking about an argument with Neil? And Allison had traces of blood on her hands in the interrogation room. Flashing neon signs that Kevin is the one who got shot even though that is mostly likely not the case.

I was thinking they wouldn't bring the widow in for questioning right after the killing? 

And I liked Kevin being protective, too, after hating him the whole season!

• Love 1

I expected that Kevin would announce, after he stated he had strong swimmers, that he was going to donate to a sperm bank so many little Kevin's could exist without him having to raise or care for them.  He is so assured of his superiority, I could see him wanting to populate the world with offspring.  I was surprised he actually wants to have a child. 

I am wondering if we'll learn he shot himself.  I could see him shooting himself as he bumbled with the gun. 

• Love 3
On 7/20/2021 at 10:12 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Let's see, Kevin has caused Allison to lose her job as a paralegal, spent all their savings on crap for himself, publicly ridiculed and dismissed her, and sicced the cops on her when she didn't answer her phone. Seems pretty malicious to me and willful ignorance doesn't excuse it. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Broderbits said:

and sicced the cops on her when she didn't answer her phone

And not even in an "I was worried about you and sent them to check on you" way, but in a "reported the car stolen" way.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cranberry said:

And not even in an "I was worried about you and sent them to check on you" way, but in a "reported the car stolen" way.

Making it very clear that the car is more important to him than Allison.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Making it very clear that the car is more important to him than Allison.

I don't think he cares about the car at all; he just wants to control Allison and have her handy when he needs something. Kevin is the King of his world.

• Love 3
On 7/26/2021 at 11:16 PM, seacliffsal said:

I forgot all about the Vermont gun!  Hopefully they will rerun the season as I obviously have forgotten a lot of things that will probably be important in the season finale.  

I also like the call back to the metal detector that Kevin and Neil were playing around with earlier in the season.

On 7/26/2021 at 1:42 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I agree with this 100%. I have never seen such a chemistry-free relationship in my life. And in that scene where Patty and Allison are drinking in the bathtub, I thought at the end, Patty was definitely having feelings (for Allison)-- and that's why she ran back to Tammy.

Also, if Tammy is actually supposed to be a lesbian, the idea that she would think that anyone who is "the right person" but is coming out all of a sudden in her 30s could not possibly have some stress about it and would definitely absolutely just be kissing without worrying who sees-- after only what? one or two dates? C'mon! Even now, and even in MA, which is practically the center of the lesbian universe (Boston and Northampton are famous for this), there are still women who get nervous in the street, especially when it's new.

Either the writers and directors of this show are somehow incompetent in this area while being great at everything else, or they are deliberately sowing doubt about what is really happening here-- because what they are showing is not what they are telling, at all.

Edited by possibilities