Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Bubble Baths And Family Wraths

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

BTW there’s a Mike jerkoff video

Seriously? 

WTF....do women actually like watchign that? I mean, when I was online dating before I met my current BF, I had one guy ask me if I wanted one of those and i screamed, dropped the phone and then blocked him. We had never actually met or had even a phone call and he was ready to live stream that to me.....

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 7/19/2021 at 7:26 AM, Cini said:

Is this season almost over? I don't know if I can watch much more. It is sooo tedious and predictable.

Let me guess: next episode family Libby will fight with Andrei; Angela will yell at Michael for not calling her 10 times each day and telling her that she is the sexiest woman ever, Michael will say that he is an African man and that he is going to put his foot down only to cave and apologize to Angela; Jovi will still complain that he can't party all night and that Yara is now boring, both will pretend that Mylah doesn't have a crib, even though a crib was shown in previous episodes when they were still at the old apartment; Mike and Natalie will be bickering and bitching at each other over and over again; 

Dear TLC, I really didn't need to see Angela in the tub saying her "clitoris is on fire" and telling Michael to "swing your penis" . 

Michael, Mike and Asuelu could win prizes for being the least sexy 30-something year olds. 

I realize that Covid made it difficult to film, but this fake-drama season is awful. Unless next season has new people, I'm done.

I think she actually said "pop your penis", whatever the eff that can possibly mean.

Your paraphrasal was much more realistic and understandable, LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Seriously? 

WTF....do women actually like watchign that? I mean, when I was online dating before I met my current BF, I had one guy ask me if I wanted one of those and i screamed, dropped the phone and then blocked him. We had never actually met or had even a phone call and he was ready to live stream that to me.....

I think men want to think women like them.  News flash:  we don't.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Agree.....well, I am sure there is a woman out there that does but I haven't met one. or one that admits it....men on the other hand LOVE to watch women getting themselves off (in general). So maybe that is the confusion? 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/19/2021 at 8:05 AM, Dobian said:

"I have no money and a poor income stream.  Time to buy a truck!"

I loved the bit with the truck. "I'll start my handyman business here and just move it to America!" Yes, America, where nobody will know you and you'll have to start over from Square One again. To me, it proves Ronald has no actual desire to leave South Africa.

22 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Jovi and Yara: I get that Yara may have been upset at the guests not liking the food, but there were better ways to talk about it rather than shipping folks out the door. 

I hadn't thought about that, but you may be correct: Everyone obviously hated her food. Combine that with the questioning of her parenting, and I could see why she wanted them gone. She was still hella rude, though.

16 hours ago, jnymph said:

Tiffany is so fucking stupid. Ronald gave her a golden opportunity by asking, “What is it I can do?”  He’s genuinely asking. So ….. does she of the cold shoulders give him some insight, tips, examples? Nope. She tells him to …….FIGURE IT OUT.  My eyes rolled so far in the back of my head, it hurt. I’m so sad for Daniel :( 

My ex-wife used to do that. I'd ask her what was wrong, and she'd reply "You know what you did!" If I knew, I WOULDN'T BE ASKING YOU.

4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Seriously? 

WTF....do women actually like watching that? I mean, when I was online dating before I met my current BF, I had one guy ask me if I wanted one of those and i screamed, dropped the phone and then blocked him. We had never actually met or had even a phone call and he was ready to live stream that to me.....

1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Agree.....well, I am sure there is a woman out there that does but I haven't met one. or one that admits it....men on the other hand LOVE to watch women getting themselves off (in general). So maybe that is the confusion? 

Men, generally speaking, are more visually oriented when it comes to intimacy. Men LOVE receiving naughty pictures and/or videos from women, and don't necessarily understand that a lot of women don't feel the same way.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I loved the bit with the truck. "I'll start my handyman business here and just move it to America!" Yes, America, where nobody will know you and you'll have to start over from Square One again. To me, it proves Ronald has no actual desire to leave South Africa.

I hadn't thought about that, but you may be correct: Everyone obviously hated her food. Combine that with the questioning of her parenting, and I could see why she wanted them gone. She was still hella rude, though.

My ex-wife used to do that. I'd ask her what was wrong, and she'd reply "You know what you did!" If I knew, I WOULDN'T BE ASKING YOU.

Men, generally speaking, are more visually oriented when it comes to intimacy. Men LOVE receiving naughty pictures and/or videos from women, and don't necessarily understand that a lot of women don't feel the same way.

First, my husband had a girlfriend a few years ago who would say:  "If you don't know I am not telling you!"  He was like, BYE!

Second, I agree and then many men do NOT accept a request to stop.

• Love 1

Tiffany's whinging on and on is the kind of "communication" that give women a bad name. I mean, Ronald is no prize (to start, he keeps saying "you don't appreciate all I've done for you," but I don't see him, um- working for example). But she goes round and round and never says anything.  "I shouldn't have to ask. I do this all myself and you need to step up." All the dumb, pointless babble.  First of all, Tiff- you chose to risk getting pregnant when you barely knew the guy and raise yet another kid alone. And yes, you are a single mom but if you cannot even afford on your own to pay for Ronald to apply for citizenship (what does makeup artistry in Pennsylvania or wherever she lives really pay?) then you don't have much say about how heroic you are.  To his credit, Ronald constructed a cell for Daniel without windows that's painted a blue sure to keep him up all night. He had an idea to buy a truck to start a business.  He really is all over the place- but Tiffany needs to get a clue and perhaps sit down and make a few lists.  (1. feed the baby while I trowel on my makeup 2. clean the floor while I play with the baby  -etc). The two of them drive me nuts.

Angela, keep telling yourself (and Michael) that your surgery was life-saving. "Ah could hardly breathe!"  I think we need to consider the Marlboros over the mammaries in that case. The way she constantly interrupts him and acts like a victim is just awful.  And that "I want the guy I fell in love with" junk is just crap. No one acts the same when they are first dating (if you want to call it that) compared to a couple of years later when they see their partner throw up, hear them fart, and start to notice their deeply ingrained flaws.  

Mike has given up on Natalie, not that I blame him, but it's just written all over his face and with every move he makes. He looks defeated, self-loathing, miserable, depressed and exhausted.  Witness his massive weight gain, slack expressions and heavy sighing.  He's only here for the paycheck. So he can spare us the "we have a lot of things to work on" and just go cook more potatoes.

I like Yara despite the fact that she has become a rigid mom who can't fathom letting her baby stay up past 6pm (!) and doesn't seem to want sex with Jovi after his months away. Of course, he's just dreaming of strip clubs and staying up till 4am, so maybe they can compromise and she will let him go out and sow his wild oats.  If he is whining that "it's too quiet" in a suburban apartment complex when he has a wife and child, just maybe he wasn't ready to tie the knot and have unprotected sex (which he didn't learn from after the first pregnancy). 

The Potthast family has had their five minutes of "fame" and needs to go away. They all are such poor actors it's not even worth watching their segments.  Soooo scripted.  Everyone smirks during these "confrontations" when they aren't saying their lines. And I just don't get Libby- she watches everyone she supposedly cares about abuse the hell out of each other and just passively stares. It's like she's drugged. And don't get me going on all the screaming and incessant swearing while there are several children around to witness it all.  I don't think Andrei is all that bad but they all obviously bring out the absolute worst in each other which is not a good look.  At all.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

The average Ukrainian Christmas Eve or Day dinner has enough food to feed a lot of people. No one ever goes home hungry and there is all sorts of food in case the folks do not like some of the dishes. And we always ask about allergies and intolerances. If I was Yara, I would have told guests what some of the menu would be. They don’t know what Ukrainian Christmas food may be. If herring is a no-go, I would buy a can and eat it myself. I do wonder if there was the real, delicious dinner and the show just focused on a couple of foods that would not be well received.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

Is Papa Low that tall (that’s an oxymoron), or is Mama Lisa that short? Or was she sitting down when they showed them together? 

Papa Low is sexy AF.  Mama Lisa is adorable AF.  I love them together.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

<snip>

I was in a Yahoo Groups debate group for years. The owner of the group was a Fundamentalist Christian, and he insisted women are not visually stimulated at all. His "proof" was the lack of magazines for women featuring naked men.

I explained in my experience, women are visually stimulated by men's bodies, but the parts of men's bodies most women find attractive we can see - free - at any pool or beach, gym, or in many women's fashion magazines.

Some women are into chests. Others like abs or muscular arms. Then there's the butt crowd.

Men's "dangley bits"? Not so much. (There are exceptions, of course).

We women can enjoy our preferred "eye candy" without ever having to pay for it, pretty much whenever we like! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Andrei. Did. Nothing. Wrong. Seriously, Chuck came up and approached Andrei with that shit, and the sisters launch upstairs to yell at Andrei for it. Libby’s sisters are snakes. They really stir the pot and fuel the drama. For example, Becky’s little smirk when she said “I didn’t mean to throw Libby under the bus” (she said something like that - maybe “I didn’t mean to get Libby in trouble”?). YES YOU DID! You specifically start shit between your sister and her husband all the time! Stop being terrible! 

“He’s leaving over a babysitter!” No, he’s leaving because his wife hired someone to watch the child you SHARE without telling him.

They will find any excuse to throw Andrei under the bus RV over anything! Having a pleasant time at a reunion? Better start some shit to trigger Andrei! The guy was being subjected to a lot and had suffered enough!

Chuck: Hey, you wanna go in on a house with me?

Andrei: Okay.

Family Libby: ANDREI GOT DAD DRUNK AND IS MAKING BUSINESS DEALS WITH HIM! HE’S BEING MANIPULATED!

It’s never going to work with Tiffany and Ronald. Tiffany was wrong for getting pregnant and leading him on. She will never live there and he will never make her happy.

The fact that Psychic Tracey was telling MICHAEL to calm down and not ANGELA was just disgusting.

Angela saying she’s doing the surgery for her health is funny considering she is still smoking. If she really cared about her health she would quit that too especially after the doctors warned her many times.

An Emmy should go to the producer who convinced Angela to put baby’s breath in her hair for the video sex call, which made me die of cringe.

Jovi’s family was so rude to Yara at Christmas, giving her a lot of crap about where the baby sleeps, being rude about the food (Yara ate the crawfish, didn’t she? Or am I misremembering?). Plus, no mention of when they actually showed up or how long they were there. I would have wanted them gone after all the criticism of how I was raising my kid.

Jovi: “I tried so much, even bought her lingerie. I tried to spice up our sex life...for my own benefit entirely. I don’t care about her needs.” He says Yara’s not fun anymore? I heard that when my daughter was a baby. And shocker, we aren’t together anymore. 

Jovi is an immature little man-child. The baby isn’t even 1 yet and he has been overseas most of her life and he’s already talking about how they ‘need time away’ and need to ‘work on their relationship’. Remember when Farrah Abraham said she and her two year old were “taking a break and doing their own things?” Jovi is very that. Complaining that ‘everything is about Mylah’ (A LITERAL INFANT, who SHOULD be the center of attention right now. And in the preview, he kept bitching about how Yara doesn’t care what he ‘needs’ and making fun of her saying she isn’t fun anymore. SHE IS BREASTFEEDING A FUCKING BABY EVERY TWO HOURS WHILE HER HUSBAND WAS OVERSEAS! OF COURSE SHE DOESN’T WANT TO PARTY! (Did he think his life would be the same after having a kid? Of course it won’t be as fun as before! Men like the idea of having a kid, but not dealing with the reality of actual parenthood.)  Meanwhile, we all know what he’s really trying to say is he doesn’t want to look after a baby and wants to go back to getting blackout drunk every night. He should have been honest and told her he (clearly) wasn’t ready for a baby and she could have decided if she wanted to terminate the pregnancy or keep it but move back home where she would have her family to support her.

Some of my favorite moments: Psychic Tracey, in her costume head wrap, changing her question to fit the tarot card she picked up, Angela saying, “My weight was getting bigger for no reason,” Kolini doing a serious confessional in her reindeer outfit, and Tiffany pronouncing debt as “dept”.

• Love 6

Hello, Jovi. Welcome to “How Not to Be A Complete Douche 101”. I’m Professor Snarker. Our first lesson is “Appropriate Ways to Communicate Your Needs/Wants to Your Wife.”

Appropriate Way: “Honey, I so appreciate how much you did for our family while I was away. I’m so grateful, in fact, that I’d like to take you out for a romantic evening - wherever you want to go! We could even spend the night in a nice hotel.”

Inappropriate Way: “You’re not FUN anymore. You used to party and be sexy, but now you’re just a MOM. If you love me, you’ll take a vacation with me, otherwise the fire will go out in our relationship and we’ll get divorced and Mylah will need to navigate having DIVORCED PARENTS. I bought you lingerie, woman, so why don’t you want to have sex with me? I want to go out and party and not think about the baby.”

That’s it for today’s lecture. Next week, we’ll be covering “How to Do the Bare Minimum As a Parent.” Your homework is to buy actual fruit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

So many things.......

Yara & Jovi - put the baby to bed and let everyone talk around the table for a while. They may even help clean up the mess for you! Best part of a good holiday is sitting around chatting with family. Jovi is probably used to partying all the time because I'm sure there's not much else to do while he is overseas working. He exhibits a lot of the same ways of a sailor who's been on deployment.

Tiffany - quit thinking cold-shoulder shirts will make you look thinner or sexy by showing skin. Give Ronald a break on the kid thing. He's probably not had any experience with that young of a child. I did agree that the spending was a little out of control. Except for the cereal - seriously who measures out an exact portion of cereal? They could certainly eat that much cereal in a couple of weeks! lol. Ronald could have had a little more food in the house to get them through a meal or 2 until they could go to the store together and get what they'd need for their stay. How would he know what all to get without her input?

Natalie - Hard to believe that after nasal surgery instructions would be to flush out one's nose hours after surgery. Shouldn't there be some time for a little healing to prevent bleeding?

Chuckles - If you're that good of a flipper, explain to your crotch-spawn that you can handle running more than one flip at a time, one for the crotch-spawn and one to teach Andrei with. He needs to grow a pair and stand up to them - it's your business, tell them it's your way or the highway!

Angela - Horrid scene. Unnecessary. Stuck with an Earworm that I can't even think of the whole/real song. I'm left with Glooooooooooorious! My Clitoooooooooooorious! running through my head. Get out of the tub and into a shower more often to wash that thing properly and see your gyno for some cream.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

I think she actually said "pop your penis", whatever the eff that can possibly mean.

Your paraphrasal was much more realistic and understandable, LOL.

She did say "pop your penis". I think that's the frontal-twerking-air-humping maneuver he did.

[eta: I do not think that anyone needed to see a closeup of his crotch with his Nigerian manly bits flopping around in boxers. Episode should have had a PG-17 or even an R-rated disclaimer before any of their bathtub scene aired. AVERT YA EYES!!!!!]

Edited by Lurk
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

BTW there’s a Mike jerkoff video that makes Coltie look like John Holmes.  I took one for the team.

So Angela wasn’t just being cruel when she said Michael lied about his penis size? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Papa Low is sexy AF.  Mama Lisa is adorable AF.  I love them together.

Ok…so I get what you’re saying. Somehow, Low’s got a sexiness to him. I’d be interested to see pics of him in his prime. I’d make him shave his beard, change his clothes and get him to pump some iron, but yeah. I get it. I might be able to work with that. (I could never admit this to anyone but my Primetimer friends!)

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Lurk said:

So many things.......

Yara & Jovi - put the baby to bed and let everyone talk around the table for a while. They may even help clean up the mess for you! Best part of a good holiday is sitting around chatting with family. Jovi is probably used to partying all the time because I'm sure there's not much else to do while he is overseas working. He exhibits a lot of the same ways of a sailor who's been on deployment.

<snip>

Natalie - Hard to believe that after nasal surgery instructions would be to flush out one's nose hours after surgery. Shouldn't there be some time for a little healing to prevent bleeding?<snip>

Yara is breastfeeding, right? I think I heard her say Mylah is still being fed every two hours.

On top of that, she invited Jovi's family and cooked them a meal (it's immaterial they didn't care for the food she made; it still took time and energy to make it).

If she's like almost every other woman who's breastfeeding a baby every two hours around the clock, she's exhausted. 

Under those circumstances, I don't think it was unreasonable for her to cut the evening short. It was probably just as much (or more) for her benefit as Mylah's; she wanted to clear everyone out so she could relax and unwind instead of spending another couple of hours engaging in chit-chat and being a good hostess. 

As a matter of fact, I think Gwen of all people should have been in Yara's corner: "Of course, Yara. You're probably exhausted, too! We'll all clear out so baby and mama can get their rest "

As for Natalie irrigating her nose after polyp surgery, yes. 

Beginning the day of surgery, twice a day irrigate with 8oz. either purchased or homemade saline solution, according to the post-operative care instructions on the websites of several surgeons that perform nasal and sinus surgery I reviewed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Yara is breastfeeding, right? I think I heard her say Mylah is still being fed every two hours.

On top of that, she invited Jovi's family and cooked them a meal (it's immaterial they didn't care for the food she made; it still took time and energy to make it).

If she's like almost every other woman who's breastfeeding a baby every two hours around the clock, she's exhausted. 

Under those circumstances, I don't think it was unreasonable for her to cut the evening short. It was probably just as much (or more) for her benefit as Mylah's; she wanted to clear everyone out so she could relax and unwind instead of spending another couple of hours engaging in chit-chat and being a good hostess. 

As a matter of fact, I think Gwen of all people should have been in Yara's corner: "Of course, Yara. You're probably exhausted, too! We'll all clear out so baby and mama can get their rest "

As for Natalie irrigating her nose after polyp surgery, yes. 

Beginning the day of surgery, twice a day irrigate with 8oz. either purchased or homemade saline solution, according to the post-operative care instructions on the websites of several surgeons that perform nasal and sinus surgery I reviewed.

Well, then Yara and baby could go to bed, let Jovi and family chat for a while and clean up. It didn't seem like they were having a drunken free-for-all that would have caused a lot of commotion. Due to editing, we don't see who cleaned up the table and kitchen.

I've never had nasal polyps (or pull-ups as Mike said), so I wasn't aware they'd want you to rinse. I just know from oral surgery, you don't do anything like that until the next day to give things a chance to settle.

18 minutes ago, magemaud said:

How about if we have a limerick writing contest here about Angela’s Glorious Clitorius! 

Uh.....hard pass for me! lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

So Angela wasn’t just being cruel when she said Michael lied about his penis size? 

It’s Seattle Mike and he wants to know if “...you want the magic surprise?” 🤮. It’s as unsexy as you may imagine. 

Edited by misokinesia
grammar
  • Love 3

This show has become beyond inappropriate. Why wasn't the bathtub scene saved for Discovery +?  It's not even shock value, it's plain poor taste. I really hope nobody else was home when they filmed that. Those poor children growing up with Angela as a "role model."

• Love 12
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

How about if we have a limerick writing contest here about Angela’s Glorious Clitorius! 

There once was a woman so horrid

We can't believe she is recorded

Her clitorious is on fire

Barf bags we acquire

Brain bleach we are awarded!

• LOL 12
  • Love 11

in fairness to Ronald, their whole journey started with the idea that Tiff would move to SA. They were on "the other way." I don't think he ever expressed a burning desire to move to the US......and she seemed on board with going to SA, knowing his past issues would probably make the alternative impossible. She showed up, purposely got knocked up and then changed the game. He is no prize, but he is correct that she didn't really give life there a shot. 

• Love 7

I think its ripe that Tiffany is the all knowing ever so smart person talking to Rawnold like he is 2, however this is the same dumb idiot that didn't know she was pregnant until 5 minutes before she popped out Carli's nanny, Daniel.

Angela is horrible and a bully. Keep smoking those Marlboro's and see how weightloss will save your life. I wonder who is living in the shed in her back yard, could it be Skyla ? Or the other one that has to stay 500 feet away from youngin's?

When did Mike get a dog and what happened to the cat? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Wasn't Mylah like...4 months old when these scenes were filmed? Yara is still postpartum! That's barely out of the "4th Trimester." I've never had a kid and even I know that. I just felt like everyone -- Jovi, Mama Jovi, the cousins -- were expecting way too much from her in terms of moving the baby into her own room, messing with a sleep schedule, staying out late, showing off her body in sexy lingerie, travel! Plus she had COVID and she's been doing a lot of baby care all on her own. If Mylah was 9 or 12 months, I could understand where they were coming from. But it seemed like a lot of overreaction. 

(That being said, it did seem kind of ridiculous that they couldn't stay over after she put Mylah to bed.)

• Love 10

I’m not an Andrei fan, BUT … he had every right to be pissed about the secret babysitter. It would be one thing if he was opposed to it for financial reason – like he doesn’t want to spend the money, but she secretly splurges on it – but he is concerned about leaving his child with strangers and her safety. To sneak a person in that he hasn’t even met, much less one that he hasn’t had a chance to personally check references on, is really fucked up. I think I'd be livid.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

Yara is still postpartum!

My emotions were out of control after my first was born, crying at a Toyota commercial, crying at onions that were cut wrong at a friends BBQ, not chopped fine enough for a hot dog, crying at an out of date coupon...then the fog moved in, forgetting to take the parking brake off and driving to the end of my street like an anchor was attached to my car every time I drove or trying to lock the front door while holding the tv remote (standing on the front porch, holding the tv remote), not realizing why my hands were so full, not remembering about the laundry that sat in the machine for a day or two, it is a roller coaster of hormones and emotions, Jovi is just not that complex of a person so he may never understand what Yara is going thru.

I do not think co sleeping is a good idea, babies should be in their crib with nothing else not even a blanket (that is what the new mom's tell me these days) and in Yara and Jovi's bed there are blankets, pillows and two big humans and the chance of suffocating becomes greater, also babies need to be able to self soothe and put themselves to sleep and kids need their own space, does Yara go to sleep when the baby goes to sleep?  If I were friends with Yara I would tell her to get the baby used to normal household noises and sleeping solo soon and don't neglect your marriage.  Also I would tell her to never use those awful red solo cups again, go to Ikea and buy some cheap glassware for entertaining, I loathe paper and plastic used for an indoor event and well, at any event but that is just me.

• Love 5
On 7/20/2021 at 9:16 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Hello, Jovi. Welcome to “How Not to Be A Complete Douche 101”. I’m Professor Snarker. Our first lesson is “Appropriate Ways to Communicate Your Needs/Wants to Your Wife.”

Appropriate Way: “Honey, I so appreciate how much you did for our family while I was away. I’m so grateful, in fact, that I’d like to take you out for a romantic evening - wherever you want to go! We could even spend the night in a nice hotel.”

Inappropriate Way: “You’re not FUN anymore. You used to party and be sexy, but now you’re just a MOM. If you love me, you’ll take a vacation with me, otherwise the fire will go out in our relationship and we’ll get divorced and Mylah will need to navigate having DIVORCED PARENTS. I bought you lingerie, woman, so why don’t you want to have sex with me? I want to go out and party and not think about the baby.”

That’s it for today’s lecture. Next week, we’ll be covering “How to Do the Bare Minimum As a Parent.” Your homework is to buy actual fruit.

@Hotel Snarker I wish I could like this post 100 times. 

Someone needs to tell Jovi that infancy is not forever! Yara is a new mother with an infant! In a shockingly short time she will not need as much attention and round the clock care. Jovi needs to put a fucking sock in it. 

15 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I’m not an Andrei fan, BUT … he had every right to be pissed about the secret babysitter. It would be one thing if he was opposed to it for financial reason – like he doesn’t want to spend the money, but she secretly splurges on it – but he is concerned about leaving his child with strangers and her safety. To sneak a person in that he hasn’t even met, much less one that he hasn’t had a chance to personally check references on, is really fucked up. I think I'd be livid.

The sisters keeps saying "why is he so mad about a baby sitter?". 

He's not. He's mad that Libby hired one, behind his back, on the advice of her harpy sister who actually said "Just don't tell him". Sheesh.

• Love 10
On 7/19/2021 at 6:02 PM, bravofan27 said:

The glorious clitorius. For whatever reason, I don't mind Angela and I enjoy watching her scenes. I remember when Rosanne Barr first came out with the Roseanne show, and so many people hated her because she was crass and fat and didn't act "like a lady." I remember my friend's at school weren't allowed to watch it-- I guess seeing a woman not act a certain way made people angry.  I feel for Angela, and I think she is fine-- she's a little blue collar and her communication style lacks, but she is who she is. I actually feel really bad for her, and her anxiety and insecurity just overwhelms her. She literally has no one for support. 

Michael and his family are beyond if they think a 50 something woman with 6 little grandkids is going to start a whole new family. THAT is arrogance. 

Isn't that on Angela though for misleading Michael and his entire family about her willingness to try?  What makes zero sense, in light of the fact that Angela never has any difficulty saying what's on her mind to get her own way, is why she made those representations rather than straight off the bat with him and his family saying she had no intention of that ever happening.  Probably because she knew Michael's family would then oppose her relationship with Michael.

Personally, I don't believe that Michael really cares one way or the other about having a baby with Angela.  His main focus is on getting to the U.S. and becoming an American.  Once he's here long enough and has his green card, he can dump Angela and have as many babies as he wants with as many women as who are willing.

Angela's just a stepping stone to him.  I don't care how many times he professes to really lover her, I just don't believe that he will tie himself down to someone who can't give him children, as well as that someone no longer having huge fun bags for him to play with, LOL.

• Love 7
On 7/20/2021 at 4:43 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

I was in a Yahoo Groups debate group for years. The owner of the group was a Fundamentalist Christian, and he insisted women are not visually stimulated at all. His "proof" was the lack of magazines for women featuring naked men.

I explained in my experience, women are visually stimulated by men's bodies, but the parts of men's bodies most women find attractive we can see - free - at any pool or beach, gym, or in many women's fashion magazines.

Some women are into chests. Others like abs or muscular arms. Then there's the butt crowd.

Men's "dangley bits"? Not so much. (There are exceptions, of course).

We women can enjoy our preferred "eye candy" without ever having to pay for it, pretty much whenever we like! 

Ditto everything you said.

For me it's the eyes, smile, and God help me if the guy has a cleft chin and/or a facial scar, especially in the eyebrows a la Jason Mamoa.  That'll really bowl me over.  Any or all of those features will get me every time.  And it's not about a particular eye color.  Rather it's the "set" of the eyes, if that makes sense.  And a sincere smile with bright, healthy teeth.

After getting divorced from my first husband, my girlfriends meant well and took me to a male strip club.  After seeing the first dangling bits I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  I was like a character in one of those old school cartoons, when they're trying to run away from someone or something and there legs go into speedy slip and slide motion.  I would have much preferred if they had their private parts covered up and wore jeans and were topless.  That's so much sexier to me.  I much preferred looking at the waiters and bartenders in that club who were fully clothed, and all of them were so handsome.

To make it even worse, one of my girlfriends bought me a subscription to Playgirl magazine.  Trust me when I say that those magazines remained in mint condition, because after glancing through the first one of them, I never looked at another.  They didn't even have great articles like Playboy is known for.  Nothing redeeming about it at all.  And I'm far from a prude.  Even though I'm straight and not gay, I can look at a naked woman's body and appreciate and admire it as a work of art.  Men's nether regions, not so much.

To each his own, though, right?

• Love 6
On 7/20/2021 at 7:56 PM, Lurk said:

She did say "pop your penis". I think that's the frontal-twerking-air-humping maneuver he did.

[eta: I do not think that anyone needed to see a closeup of his crotch with his Nigerian manly bits flopping around in boxers. Episode should have had a PG-17 or even an R-rated disclaimer before any of their bathtub scene aired. AVERT YA EYES!!!!!]

Thanks for the explanation of the term.  It was such a weird phrase to my old school brain that I couldn't fathom what it meant.  It caused nightmarish visions to run through my head of "popping" penises but not really knowing how they were popped.  The only thing I knew for sure was that they didn't have any association with Dr. Pimple Popper, LOL.

• LOL 3
On 7/20/2021 at 8:57 PM, zenme said:

Ok…so I get what you’re saying. Somehow, Low’s got a sexiness to him. I’d be interested to see pics of him in his prime. I’d make him shave his beard, change his clothes and get him to pump some iron, but yeah. I get it. I might be able to work with that. (I could never admit this to anyone but my Primetimer friends!)

The funny thing is so many men who reach a more mature age are much better looking, less awkward looking than when they were young men.  I think they recently briefly did show a photo of Low in his very young days, and he didn't have the sex appeal back then that he has now.  I agree about the beard.  Shaving would be a good thing, along with styling him better in clothing.  He kind of sort of facially has reminded me of Duane "The Rock" Johnson, who I believe is also Samoan, or at least part Samoan.

Don't hate me for saying this, but as a rule men do seem to age better than we women do.  For example, when men start to get that salt and pepper hair, or crows feet around the eyes, I find those things attractive in men.  A completely unlined face does nothing for me.  And men who have that soap opera actor good looks going for them usually don't appeal to me at all.  Yet never ever have I heard men say that a woman looks awesome with gray in her hair, LOL.

My ex-husband had a best friend who had been given the nickname of "Bucky Beaver" when they were in high school.  But boy did he grow into better looks by the time I met him with my husband in their late 20s.  By then the guy was a practicing dentist who entered Tom Selleck lookalike contests, because that's what his high school beaver face transitioned into - a ruggedly good looking doppleganger of Tom Selleck.

Speaking for myself, and agreeably can also only admit to amongst certain people, I used to have an enormous crush on James Gandolfini when he was on The Sopranos.  I do, however, think it's because of the character that he was playing - a very strong, masculine, macho guy who had a lot of self-confidence and charisma.  Hanging my head in shame now.

• Love 3
On 7/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, magemaud said:

It could be sung to the tune of, "Gloria" by Laura Branigan, substituting the word "Glorious".

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@Hotel Snarker I wish I could like this post 100 times. 

Someone needs to tell Jovi that infancy is not forever! Yara is a new mother with an infant! In a shockingly short time she will not need as much attention and round the clock care. Jovi needs to put a fucking sock in it. 

The sisters keeps saying "why is he so mad about a baby sitter?". 

He's not. He's mad that Libby hired one, behind his back, on the advice of her harpy sister who actually said "Just don't tell him". Sheesh.

Exactly.  Yara's made the adjustments in life of him not physically being there for her and Mylah for many months out of the year.  The least he can do is reciprocate in understanding and not putting more demands on her when he is back home.  He should condition himself for a short while that she just can't be available to him the same way she was before the baby was born.  It will, or should, even out in the wash once Mylah is a little older, and Yara is no longer a brand new mom with all the stress, worries and anxiety that come from having a brand new baby, compounded by having it in another country thousands of miles away from everyone you ever knew in your life, and while being a short-term single mother. 

Yes, she came across as rude and abrupt, and of course there's a better way of handling the situation than the way she handled it, but I do not believe there was any malice in her behavior or mind set.  I don't feel that she's ever been a malicious person at all, unlike so many of the other 90 Day characters who actually are malicious.

• Love 6
On 7/17/2021 at 2:43 AM, magemaud said:

And every time I see Libby and Jenn with their hair parted in the middle and zig zag waves, all I can think of is a cocker spaniel. 

What did a cocker spaniel ever do to you??!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

What did a cocker spaniel ever do to you??!!

WTF are those hairdos anyway?  Is there some now hairstyling trend going on out there that I'm not aware of?  I've never ever seen any women when I'm out and about in the real world that are sporting that do.  It's somewhat reminiscent of that God awful hair crimping fad of the 80s, but not quite the same.  It is somehow different, in an equally unappealing way.  I personally don't think it flatters either one of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was a child of the 80's and I remember the crimpers...before all that we used to braid our hair wet and achieve something similar..oh the good ole days. I re-watched Ukrainian kick out dinner and I was looking at their wine glasses, seems like a lot of sludge going on, the bottom of the glass with Jovi and Gwen's, yuck. I love me some Cab and only once ever did I have the unfortunate experience to buy a "bad" bottle that had gone bad with that kind of residue at the bottom. I tossed it away and wept silently

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 2