Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
humbleopinion

S13.E1: Lone Stars No More

Recommended Posts

10 newly minted fiancés have only 2 weeks to prepare to meet their mystery spouses at the alter; when the wedding day arrives, one bride’s hopes are dashed when a clue about her husband’s passions leaves her feeling devastated.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not feeling any of these couples and I'd be surprised if any of them stayed married. 

And Jose really needs to shave that beard because he can't pull off that look.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Jeanne222 said:

Is this for tonight’s show!

Yes, not a lot of traffic though! 😅 

I think that's pretty telling, these couples don't seem that interesting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Crashcourse said:

Yes, not a lot of traffic though! 😅 

I think that's pretty telling, these couples don't seem that interesting. 

I hope it picks up I’ve given up on the Bachelorette and this is what I’ve got going!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Did Jose just say there are 1,000 ways to skin a cat?????

Jose is officially dead to me.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

Did Jose just say there are 1,000 ways to skin a cat?????

Jose is officially dead to me.

He is weirding me out with his facial hair. The way he has it trimmed around his mouth. It's all raggedy on the top of his face, yet the bottom and his hairline is so straight. It makes me think he's one of those guys that takes off his t-shirt and it still looks like he's wearing a fuzzy t-shirt.

 

Some of these people remind me of people from other seasons. I can't remember the current people's names though. A couple of them:

One of the girls reminds me of the girl that got arrested at the airport on the way to honeymoons.

One's sister reminds me of um..... Dr. Viviana? that hooked up with someone's husband.

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

Did Jose just say there are 1,000 ways to skin a cat?????

Jose is officially dead to me.

He should just marry himself because who ever he marries will not do things exactly like he will, as adults we all do things our own way, can you imagine Jose trying to convince his new wife to change her entire way of living to please him.  Also, what will happen if new wife wants him to move so they can buy "their" home as in not his, not hers but theirs, his finances are as tightly wound as he is.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm not feeling any of these couples and I'd be surprised if any of them stayed married. 

And Jose really needs to shave that beard because he can't pull off that look.

No! Jose's face is lopsided.  And did I see a scar running down that side of his face in the younger beardless picture?

Honestly, I think Bao and Johnny plus Brett and Ryan may actually go the distance.

Myrla should have been paired with Zack; likewise Michaela with Gil.

Rachel and Jose will be a pure dumpster fire from the altar. Jose is far too shallow and wants far too much of a wife. The doctors are complete trolls and I refuse to believe otherwise.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

No! Jose's face is lopsided.  And did I see a scar running down that side of his face in the younger beardless picture?

I didn't even notice if his face was lopsided.  All I saw was that moustache and beard surrounding those wide red lips and it's not a good look.   Zak and Ryan have a similar look but their lips don't look bad.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, not a lot of traffic though! 😅 

I think that's pretty telling, these couples don't seem that interesting. 

This show is 3 hours long! And we are only getting one wedding tonight.  Surely in 13 seasons this show can be edited better.  I am committed to this season so far... Heh. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Maximadc said:

Myrla’s hair always look dirty 

She's the one I think looks like the one that got arrested at the airport.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Mia? From Tristan and Mia in Dallas? LOL - that was my first season!

Yes! I couldn't remember Mia's name or Myrla's. I'm not always good with names.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Lurk said:

She's the one I think looks like the one that got arrested at the airport.

You are right! 

Share this post


Link to post

33 minutes left, Johnny and Bao are first up / I do  not like what the episode summary up top says about them 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Myrla should have been paired with Zack; likewise Michaela with Gil.

It's so obvious and even the editors seem to agree.  When Gil said that if they got it right, his girl was having a ball, they cut to Myrla just sitting there like a bump on a log and Michaela tearing up the dance floor.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

All these people talking about how love conquers all, but so picky “beautiful wife” are idiots.  None of them are open to being matched, they all want the ideal rainbows and unicorns 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Johnny and Bao's wedding was so adorable! My eyes are a bit dusty...  

The way Bao was stuck on the wedding gifts (it should have been books! omigod he's a bro!), the look of shock when she recognized her groom, the look of relief on Johnny's face, all of it was pretty wild!  These two should be okay with being with each other.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

Is Bao terrible or is it still too soon to tell?
Edited: nm she's got a great laugh and the tea ceremony tradition alignment was really sweet.

Edited by Adgirl
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if this has been asked/answered before..... Do the couples have any say in the decorations or theme for the wedding decor or is it all picked by production?

Kind of wondering because the runner on the floor said "It's you" on it and they know each other. After the way that Dr. Pepper asked Bao about her list of people to exclude, could he have been on that list so the panel knew they knew each other?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Lurk said:

I don't know if this has been asked/answered before..... Do the couples have any say in the decorations or theme for the wedding decor or is it all picked by production?

Kind of wondering because the runner on the floor said "It's you" on it and they know each other. After the way that Dr. Pepper asked Bao about her list of people to exclude, could he have been on that list so the panel knew they knew each other?

Probably not.  It's generic and can be used for multiple weddings.

Johnny wasn't on Bao's list because they met in college 10 years ago and never dated.  He was not one of her exes.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, Stardancer Supreme said:

Probably not.  It's generic and can be used for multiple weddings.

Johnny wasn't on Bao's list because they met in college 10 years ago and never dated.  He was not one of her exes.

I'm running a little behind since I recorded it so I can FF through commercials. Just came to the part where she said he wasn't on the list.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Lurk said:

I don't know if this has been asked/answered before..... Do the couples have any say in the decorations or theme for the wedding decor or is it all picked by production?

Kind of wondering because the runner on the floor said "It's you" on it and they know each other. After the way that Dr. Pepper asked Bao about her list of people to exclude, could he have been on that list so the panel knew they knew each other?

When she told him about the list she told him he wasn't on it.  the list was a former lovers and boyfriends and people she had worked with in the community.

I think they have a good chance of working things out. He is an intellect as well so she's not just getting a bro. They have some insight into who they were 10 years ago and they've been on some similar paths. The rigidity or perfectionism, it depends on where you stand, can give them insight into each other because they have some of the similarities.

Edited by Kira53 · Reason: I don't remember to proofread.
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

This show is 3 hours long! And we are only getting one wedding tonight.  Surely in 13 seasons this show can be edited better.  I am committed to this season so far... Heh. 

I cannot believe it took more than 2 hours to get to the wedding. Luckily I recorded and could FF to that moment, because I don’t care about the pre-wedding crap. However, I’m now watching Bao freak out and be disgusted by a “sports fan”. Really?  Are non sports fans that annoyed and bothered by a sports fan? (Asking as a serious female fan of my football and baseball teams - one of which is in Houston!)

And they know each other. When will this show figure out how to avoid that?! 

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I think Jose needs to re-think this whole path. 😉

Johnny is a just-no in looks. 😐

Woman doesn't want Bald. Gets matched with Bald. 🤔

No real lookers this season. 😕

2 hours ago, rebel2u said:

Did Jose just say there are 1,000 ways to skin a cat?????

Jose is officially dead to me.

It's just an expression! 

https://grammarist.com/phrase/more-than-one-way-to-skin-a-cat/

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, not a lot of traffic though! 😅 

I think that's pretty telling, these couples don't seem that interesting. 

And three hours!  Were they taking suggestions on how to make this show even worse?  Luckily for them I don't watch any other show at this point but the BH housewives, so I can drag this out over several nights 😄

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I think Jose needs to re-think this whole path.

Johnny is a just-no in looks.

Woman doesn't want Bald. Gets matched with Bald. 

No real lookers this season. 😕

Like I said, the doctors and pastor are trolls.  Myrla specifically said that she didn't like bald men, so why pair her with one?

8 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

I cannot believe it took more than 2 hours to get to the wedding. Luckily I recorded and could FF to that moment, because I don’t care about the pre-wedding crap. However, I’m now watching Bao freak out and be disgusted by a “sports fan”. Really?  Are non sports fans that annoyed and bothered by a sports fan? (Asking as a serious female fan of my football and baseball teams - one of which is in Houston!)

And they know each other. When will this show figure out how to avoid that?! 

As a non-sports fan, yes.  I used to be a football widow; my ex-husband would forget that we all existed when football was on the tv!  No one could disturb him; unfortunately, he would watch the tv in the living room in the middle of our controlled chaos with children and pets.  So the children and I no longer bothered with sports of any kind once he and I got divorced.

Bao and Johnny met in college 10 years ago. At best, they were friendly with each other.   And if they insisted that their spouse be Vietnamese, that makes for a very small pool to draw from after eliminating the exes.  I think Bao was more than happy not to see an ex at the altar. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

I cannot believe it took more than 2 hours to get to the wedding. Luckily I recorded and could FF to that moment, because I don’t care about the pre-wedding crap. However, I’m now watching Bao freak out and be disgusted by a “sports fan”. Really?  Are non sports fans that annoyed and bothered by a sports fan? (Asking as a serious female fan of my football and baseball teams - one of which is in Houston!)

And they know each other. When will this show figure out how to avoid that?! 

It has been my experience  as a major fan of college and pro sports that yes, "non sports fans" are "annoyed and bothered by a sports  fan" and will not refrain from snarking, belittling, or in other ways acting in a condescending  manner. 

Luckily, my husband was simpatico!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

It's 11:47 and they are showing another wedding!   Michaela - 4  hrs of this....

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

MAFS going the Bachelor route and just picking gay men, I'm not going to name names, but there's at least two on this season.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Bao and Johnny met in college 10 years ago. At best, they were friendly with each other.   And if they insisted that their spouse be Vietnamese, that makes for a very small pool to draw from after eliminating the exes.  I think Bao was more than happy not to see an ex at the altar. 

In Houston, TX that is most certainly not a small pool of people. However after seeing them talk after the ceremony, it looks like this may just work. Only time will tell. I have very little faith in our “experts”.

Edited by CSunshine76 · Reason: I can’t fix this jacked up quote box
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I can get past the bald thing.  When I was single,I never would have considered a bald guy and may have even made that a “requirement if this show was around 20 years ago.  I was into long haired musician types.  I was at a sporting event and started talking to the guy next to me.  He was bald.  I gave him a chance and we have been married for over 18 years. 
 

Bao looks amazing…but I hate her bouquet.

Edited by Chellichik
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Bao's expressions to me showed distaste. I could be wrong.

Okay, I'm  wrong! They seem at the end to be comfortable and pleased with each other, and I've changed my mind about well-spoken Johnny, too! But maybe he could grow his hair a little more, for me? 😁 Hope they make it! 🤞

I fast-forwarded through the parties; not interested. 

 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

57 minutes ago, princelina said:

And three hours!  Were they taking suggestions on how to make this show even worse?  Luckily for them I don't watch any other show at this point but the BH housewives, so I can drag this out over several nights 😄

Since they went to 5 couples, they've drug out the pre-wedding stuff for at least 2 hours on 2 nights with the respective pre-wedding stuff for the couples shown getting married that night. This season is off to an awful start with the 2-3 hours already spent on the matching and couple info last week. Then rehashing couple info tonight with the pre-wedding stuff. I haven't looked to see how many hours the show is next week......

I think they could have done some of the pre-wedding stuff and all the weddings tonight in 3 hours. That's another reason I record the show so I can FF.

[eta: Just looked back at things I deleted on the DVR - 2 hours matchmaking special 2 weeks ago and 3 hours last week on couple info with the commentary and previous participants. So 8 hours in and we've had 1, one, uno, single, solitary, lone wedding. Lord help us all!]

Edited by Lurk · Reason: added information
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Brett reminds me of some actress who always plays the star’s best friend but I can’t put my finger on the name. The guy she’s matched up with has zero affect and looks bored/depressed/zoned out. In any event, that’s three hours of my life I’ll never get back. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Johnny wasn't on Bao's list because they met in college 10 years ago and never dated.  He was not one of her exes.

I will bet anything that Johnny was on Bao's list, however she put his name in a category they purposely didn't tell us about - People she knew from the past and wouldn't mind being set up with.  This is so contrived it has that written all over it.  I wonder if even Johnny knew about it.

However, (and this is a big however), I like both of them so far and think they have a good chance of making it.  I hope so, anyway.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Brett reminds me of some actress who always plays the star’s best friend but I can’t put my finger on the name. The guy she’s matched up with has zero affect and looks bored/depressed/zoned out. In any event, that’s three hours of my life I’ll never get back. 

It was bugging me and my husband all night because we're sure we've seen Brett somewhere else before but we can't figure out where.  Maybe she was on some other reality show we watch?  Was she a bridesmaid in a previous MAFS season?  Can't pinpoint it.  I agree with you about her match Ryan.  There's no joy in that man and that in and of itself is a red flag.  Plus his constant long face is making him look older.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

.  Maybe she was on some other reality show we watch?

I feel like she was a contestant on Survivor.

The best I can do wrt Ryan is to say that I liked his dog; looked like a labradoodle.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LEILANI2 said:

MAFT going the Bachelor route and just picking gay men, I'm not going to name names, but there's at least two on this season.

I've seen a pattern in other seasons too where at least one man pings my gaydar and I too won't name names this time, but I think we are probably thinking of the same person or people.  Some of the ones that say they are super picky, have dated a zillion women but never said "I love you" by age 35 are in that category.  Even in this day and age there are obviously men that are still repressed gay, and don't know they are or don't want to be, or so it seems.  I refuse to believe that all of them are just super picky "metrosexuals", and I could probably get a room full of gay men to agree with that assessment after looking at them, LOL.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 11
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Here's my assessment so far:

José will not be attracted to his match.  She seems really sweet but he acts like he thinks he's better looking than he is, plus he's fastidious and perfectionistic about his appearance, and probably is about any woman he meets.  The dude obviously whitens his teeth professionally and might have had other work done like veneers.  He won't like her pockmarked face and those frown line jowls she has.  Poor thing, I hate saying that about her, but he strikes me as shallow enough to think she's not "on his level", since he already thinks he's on a level above any woman he's ever met.

The Myrla looks like a handful - rigid, high maintenance, temperamental, a spendthrift, and obviously wants a guy that can help "keep her in the style to which she has become accustomed".  However, that takes a lot more bucks than a fireman's salary can maintain.  I would say that José would probably be a better match for her that way but I think they would also be a train wreck.  Myrla could be a Mia stand-in.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're related somehow.  Plus how similar could their names BE?  You cant make this stuff up!

The parents whose heads exploded when their son told them he was doing this had looks on their faces that told the whole story.  They know their son and know he's not ready for marriage.  Yikes.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I feel like she was a contestant on Survivor.

The best I can do wrt Ryan is to say that I liked his dog; looked like a labradoodle.

I can't find Brett's last name anywhere, nor Myrla's.  Of course that's making me wonder if they don't want to broadcast their last names because someone might recognize them from somewhere else.  If someone can find them I'd like to know what they are.

I like Ryan's dog too.  Reminds me of a therapy dog I met at a local hospital.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Calling out JamieO’s cottage cheesey thighs in a too short dress that is inches from showing the grooms her lady bits.

Hair extensions that need brushing out.

Bad, too small shoes.

Too tight beige jacket.

Her mauve tablecloth poncho would be welcome…cover thyself, JOtis.

Unfiltered: Johnny, Zach, Ryan, JOtis

Johnny looking summer cool in his slim fit floral shirt and white pants. His open emotional communication style makes him likable and delightful on the panel.

Zach seems to be a gentle soul but is too young at 27 years old to be desperate enough to let MAFS “experts” (mis) match with a wrong mate. Handsome with kind eyes.

Ryan is the poster boy of who should be chosen for MAFS.

Having dated thousands of women with none of them sticking around for a long term relationship and an aura of sadness from the recent death of a best friend, it is surprising Ryan has enough gumption to go through the process of being cast unless he was plucked by a producer through FB, Ig but most likely by recommendation by someone through the fore mentioned SM vehicles.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

The rest of Season 13 cast…

Bella-Zach’s brown dog

Nova- Michaela’s white pooch

Hype- Gil’s dog

Baxter- Brett’s white dog

Maisey-Ryan’s white dog

 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Good- I thought Bao looked very pretty at her wedding. She might have a good match in Johnny.

Bad-I felt embarrassed for the show when they proudly proclaimed that 3 out of the 5 Atlanta couples are still together. The show can’t keep its own lies straight.

The one that wants to look like JLO already looks older than JLO.

Seriously, there might have been 20 minutes of interesting footage in this 3 hour bore fest.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Good- I thought Bao looked very pretty at her wedding. She might have a good match in Johnny.

Bad-I felt embarrassed for the show when they proudly proclaimed that 3 out of the 5 Atlanta couples are still together. The show can’t keep its own lies straight.

The one that wants to look like JLO already looks older than JLO.

Seriously, there might have been 20 minutes of interesting footage in this 3 hour bore fest.

 

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

 

Seriously, there might have been 20 minutes of interesting footage in this 3 hour bore fest.

Way too much repetition.  But I watch.   
Really loved the wedding.  Marketers give such misleading clips together I’ll make it a point to judge nothing before seeing whole episode.   Such karma that their first meet in college as equals really.  Presidents of Vietnam groups.  I sincerely hope they have an easy time.  And I love that they’re Asian.  This program needs more diversity.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Here's my assessment so far:

José will not be attracted to his match.  She seems really sweet but he acts like he thinks he's better looking than he is, plus he's fastidious and perfectionistic about his appearance, and probably is about any woman he meets.  The dude obviously whitens his teeth professionally and might have had other work done like veneers.  He won't like her pockmarked face and those frown line jowls she has.  Poor thing, I hate saying that about her, but he strikes me as shallow enough to think she's not "on his level", since he already thinks he's on a level above any woman he's ever met.

The Myrla looks like a handful - rigid, high maintenance, temperamental, a spendthrift, and obviously wants a guy that can help "keep her in the style to which she has become accustomed".  However, that takes a lot more bucks than a fireman's salary can maintain.  I would say that José would probably be a better match for her that way but I think they would also be a train wreck.  Myrla could be a Mia stand-in.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're related somehow.  Plus how similar could their names BE?  You cant make this stuff up!

The parents whose heads exploded when their son told them he was doing this had looks on their faces that told the whole story.  They know their son and know he's not ready for marriage.  Yikes.

 

 

5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Myrla could be a Mia stand-in.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're related somehow.  Plus how similar could their names BE?  You cant make this stuff up!

I see not one bride that reminds me of Mia.   Esp in looks.  Guess I’m missing something.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Ms.C. said:

I see not one bride that reminds me of Mia.   Esp in looks.  Guess I’m missing something.  

Myrla doesn’t look like Mia to me either - they’re different races, for one. Mia was half Black and half Indian and I think Myrla is Latinx.

Jose and Rachel are the most obvious “no” to me. She’s still raw from being cheated on and he’s shallow. She looked like she was about to cry most of the time she was on. Her sister (friend?) has clearly seen the show before.

Bao and Johnny could make it. Johnny needs to let go of his clingy thing though, and Bao needs to let the sports stuff go. Bao being excited about pockets and snacks was very cute.

I don’t like Ryan. Rubs me the wrong way. I do like Brett. 

I don’t see it for Myrla and Gil either; Myrla seems like a pill and she’s very high maintenance.

Not sure yet about Ryan and Michaela; his parents are clearly not about it, which is telling.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size