Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Hoo Dunnit?

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

(edited)

I'm a sucker for these dramatized true crime miniseries that have been coming out lately, and this one is no exception.

So far, I've watched:

The Act, Unbelievable, When They See Us, The People vs. OJ Simpson, The Thing About Pam, The Dropout, Candy, and The Girl From Plainville.  I would love suggestions on some others! 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Zima said:

I'm a sucker for these dramatized true crime miniseries that have been coming out lately, and this one is no exception.

So far, I've watched:

The Act, Unbelievable, When They See Us, The People vs. OJ Simpson, The Thing About Pam, The Dropout, Candy, and The Girl From Plainville.  I would love suggestions on some others! 

Dopesick!  Highly recommend.

ETA. it also does the jumping-around-in-time thing, but I found it much easier to follow there. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Zima said:

So far, I've watched:

Dr. Death on Peacock. Dirty John.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Dopesick!  Highly recommend.

ETA. it also does the jumping-around-in-time thing, but I found it much easier to follow there. 

I don't mind that as much as others do, so that's fine by me! Thank you!

2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Dr. Death on Peacock. Dirty John.

Awesome, thank you!

• Love 1
On 6/14/2022 at 12:02 AM, Zima said:

I'm a sucker for these shows too!  The other two seasons of American Crime Story, The Assassination of Gianni Versace and Impeachment, are good, especially the one on Versace. They should all be on Hulu.  OH, and Waco is a miniseries on David Koresh and the Waco tragedy that is really good.

I was not familiar with the Michael Peterson case and hadn't seen the documentary, so this story was all new to me and I thought it was good.  I love Toni Colette and her death scenes were all so well done and horrifying.  They set up the owl theory to be pretty compelling, but I tend to believe Michael killed her.  There is something so off and creepy about him, and he's a total narcissist.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Goshengir1 said:

I'm a sucker for these shows too!  The other two seasons of American Crime Story, The Assassination of Gianni Versace and Impeachment, are good, especially the one on Versace. They should all be on Hulu.  OH, and Waco is a miniseries on David Koresh and the Waco tragedy that is really good.

I was not familiar with the Michael Peterson case and hadn't seen the documentary, so this story was all new to me and I thought it was good.  I love Toni Colette and her death scenes were all so well done and horrifying.  They set up the owl theory to be pretty compelling, but I tend to believe Michael killed her.  There is something so off and creepy about him, and he's a total narcissist.

There's supposed to be an HBO version of Candy later this summer. I wish one of the big streaming services would do a series on Jeffrey MacDonald. There was one done back.in the 80s, but that case has fascinated  me for a long time. 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

There's supposed to be an HBO version of Candy later this summer. I wish one of the big streaming services would do a series on Jeffrey MacDonald. There was one done back.in the 80s, but that case has fascinated  me for a long time. 

I saw another one on MacDonald recently. Let me look and get back to you.

ETA - here it is. Was on FX, not sure if it’s still available.

https://www.thewrap.com/a-wilderness-of-error-trailer-revisits-the-jeffrey-macdonald-triple-murder-case-40-years-later-video/

Edited by Cinnabon