Type keyword(s) to search

S03: Week 2: July 13, 2021-July 18, 2021

• Start Topic

Lol. Olivia is so not into Jovanny no matter how nice he is to her. I think she only likes white guys. Jeremy is the only guy she’s barely expressed interest in. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Now I've changed my mind about the two new guys.  I mean, they're nice-looking but not as hot as I thought, and maybe it's because they're kind of...blah.   

Olivia really needs to ditch those fake eyelashes.  They make her look even older.  On the other hand, I think she's a good match for that guy Slade(?) because he looks older than his age, too.

Edited by Crashcourse

Olivia talking to Slade about the other guys was complete gibberish. Something about because she and Javonny care so much about each other they should see other people, because that’s what people do who care about each other? And her “scaring off all the guys” because she’s looking for something serious? I’m pretty sure she’s the one who hasn’t given any of the guys a chance. I’d say most of the guys take this more seriously than she does. It’s just frustrating that she blames other people and puts others down to explain her bad behaviour. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow, Aimee really lost favour with me.  What the fuck?  Cash is not allowed to kiss Isaiah in front of her even though Aimee is in a couple with Jeremy?  Even Aimee telling Kyra that she was going to have some of her breakfast annoyed me, LOL. And Aimee said no one has tasted her cooking.  Have you ever made anything for anyone?

Aimee:  I'm removing myself from the equation.

Are you even in it??????

So Jeremy denies calling Aimee a friend, yet he's dumping her anyway?  That all happened so fast I was confused.  POOR KOREY.  I WANT KOREY TO GET WHATEVER HE WANTS.  Even though he only likes Florita because of how she looks.  LOL

Is Jeremy secretly American Psycho?  Does he have any feeling for any person whatsoever?  Is he a robot?  I don't get it.......

Olivia makes me laugh when she says she's closed off and not open to men whatsoever.  Why do people who always describe themselves this way go on shows like this?

What is Shannon's role on this show?  Lying to absolutely everyone and fucking everything up?  She's so evil.

Is Aimee ok?  This was her reaction to getting a text halfway through the episode LOL

4e2B.gif

Here are the songs I heard this week:

Lady Gaga, Bad Romance
Bang Bang, Jessie J
Everybody, Backstreet Boys
Good Vibrations, Marky Mark
Call me By Your Name, Lil Nas X
Cool for the Summer, Demi Lovato
Trampoline, Shaed
Lizzo, Good as Hell

I would NOT be able to handle that shower situation!  Good lord!

Wes is so gorgeous.  I can't believe Slade just lied to Aimee's face saying he had interest in her from the start.  That's just nasty.

And now Cash is trying to make Isaiah feel guilty even though she told everyone she wants to drop Isaiah for Wes.  These people are all so manipulative.  She's clearly trying to trap Isaiah into saying something stupid so she can publicly dump him for Wes.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Wow, Aimee really lost favour with me.  What the fuck?  Cash is not allowed to kiss Isaiah in front of her even though Aimee is in a couple with Jeremy?  Even Aimee telling Kyra that she was going to have some of her breakfast annoyed me, LOL. And Aimee said no one has tasted her cooking.  Have you ever made anything for anyone?

Aimee:  I'm removing myself from the equation.

Are you even in it??????

So Jeremy denies calling Aimee a friend, yet he's dumping her anyway?  That all happened so fast I was confused.  POOR KOREY.  I WANT KOREY TO GET WHATEVER HE WANTS.  Even though he only likes Florita because of how she looks.  LOL

Is Jeremy secretly American Psycho?  Does he have any feeling for any person whatsoever?  Is he a robot?  I don't get it.......

Olivia makes me laugh when she says she's closed off and not open to men whatsoever.  Why do people who always describe themselves this way go on shows like this?

What is Shannon's role on this show?  Lying to absolutely everyone and fucking everything up?  She's so evil.

Is Aimee ok?  This was her reaction to getting a text halfway through the episode LOL

4e2B.gif

Here are the songs I heard this week:

Lady Gaga, Bad Romance
Bang Bang, Jessie J
Everybody, Backstreet Boys
Good Vibrations, Marky Mark
Call me By Your Name, Lil Nas X
Cool for the Summer, Demi Lovato
Trampoline, Shaed
Lizzo, Good as Hell

I would NOT be able to handle that shower situation!  Good lord!

Wes is so gorgeous.  I can't believe Slade just lied to Aimee's face saying he had interest in her from the start.  That's just nasty.

And now Cash is trying to make Isaiah feel guilty even though she told everyone she wants to drop Isaiah for Wes.  These people are all so manipulative.  She's clearly trying to trap Isaiah into saying something stupid so she can publicly dump him for Wes.

Agree with all of this, which is interesting because this show was so confusing I’m not sure any of it made sense. Aimee was upset Jeremy says they were just friends. Jeremy “rectifies” the situation by confronting Aimee, then telling Florita he never said it, then says he has “platonic relationship with all the girls, like friends”? I swear these people don’t understand English. Anyway, almost immediately he’s now into Florita, and during the make out challenge neither Aimee or Jeremy choose each other as people either want to be with, but they both look extremely happy for each other?

I’m guessing a producer got in Aimee’s ear to stop lying around moping all the time, because she was like a totally different person once she got a text. 

Olivia continues to blame the other guys for her not putting in any effort. She finally got her tall white guy with Slade so she should be happy. Though she couldn’t resist taking a dig at him at first either by saying he was what she normally goes for but too tall. Good grief, woman, you’re not Megan Fox or Natalie Portman. Not every guy wants you so maybe loosen up your standards a little bit. 

It’s interesting now that Cinco and Trina are paired up they’re getting less screen time and now maybe Cash isn’t the blessed saint everyone thinks she is. I saw the convo with Isaiah as, “I’m interested in getting to know both you and Wes, but you need to put all your eggs in my basket.” I think she’s getting a little cocky and has been manipulative and continues to be. I see her getting burned because I think Wes goes for Aimee, so she better not screw things up with Isaiah too much. 

Poor Korey and Jovanny risk leaving the island. At least we should be close to a couple vote soon and I think Jeremy/Florita will be near the bottom. Even if people liked the couple they’d probably rank low as it’s usually a popularity contest for the women, and newer arrivals usually get fewer votes than original cast. But Kyra and Will get my vote, they seem the most genuine, mature, and not trying to stir up trouble. 

• Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Olivia continues to blame the other guys for her not putting in any effort. She finally got her tall white guy with Slade so she should be happy. Though she couldn’t resist taking a dig at him at first either by saying he was what she normally goes for but too tall. Good grief, woman, you’re not Megan Fox or Natalie Portman. Not every guy wants you so maybe loosen up your standards a little bit. 

Slade wasn't any better.  I would not be interested in a guy who opened up a conversation by telling me that the main thing he likes about me is that I'm old.

And the host was so mean about Isaiah not being a Harvard grad.  Isaiah seems pretty smart to me so I don't know why that matters.

It’s interesting now that Cinco and Trina are paired up they’re getting less screen time and now maybe Cash isn’t the blessed saint everyone thinks she is. I saw the convo with Isaiah as, “I’m interested in getting to know both you and Wes, but you need to put all your eggs in my basket.”

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.  I wonder if she knows how popular she is on SM, because that would make it even worse, that she knows that she can basically do no wrong and if any guy turns on her he's screwed.

But Kyra and Will get my vote, they seem the most genuine, mature, and not trying to stir up trouble. 

They're the only couple that would get mine too.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think Cash saying second choice is more about her life than love island. I think she's gorgeous but she's not traditionally beautiful. Trina is what guys go for. 

I also thought Shannon was shit stirring. 

That was before tonight's episode. 

Tonight: 

Shannon is still stirring the shit.

Cash is losing favor with me and so is Aimee. (I think I only like Kyra and the boys at this point.)

But Florita was the worst behaved. She knows Germy lied and is now kissing him? Also, he didn't lean in for a kiss. He said he wanted to and then you asked him to kiss you. 

Javonny and Korey are going to get their hearts broken.

Edited by Court
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

❤️ Javonny. It was so clear he was sussing out Isaiah's intentions regarding Cash, what a sweetheart. And then doing the Kid N Play pajama jammy jam best dance of my lifetime was da bomb. He just needs to lose the weird earring fetish and calm down the smooth operator thing a little.

In no way do i want to defend Jeremy, but I must be the only one who misheard him. I swear he said Aimee is his "best friend" rather than they're "just friends". Which, if possible, are two very different things. And did his new personality just arrive from Amazon Prime? Was he actually smiling and laughing with (the overrated imo) Florita? Joking about wishing the best for "his friend"? Dance-thrusting in the mirror and asking Slade if anyone tells him he looks like a sexy Billy Bob Thornton?

I find it hilarious that Trina and Cinco have completely faded into the background. Shannon and Josh would too if she weren't constantly stirring up shit.

Cash's conversation with Isaiah was uncomfortable. Is she savvy and game-experienced enough to realize that she's popular online and getting a little big for her britches? Not that I think Isaiah is truly into her, but I want to continue rooting for her and hope she doesn't get too big a head.

Aimee can just miss me with that bullshit crying drama. Those tears came awfully fast, like she's had a whole lot of practice. Two girls had to go home; she should feel lucky she's still in the game.

Olivia is still weird and awkward. Slade seems weird and awkward. I don't want to lose Javonny's presence, but Slivia deserve each other.

Oh my - almost forgot, but was Shannon's tea on a possible virgin in the villa for real? I'd guess one of the guys. Korey or Jeremy, if I had to guess.

• Love 7

I feel so sorry for Korey.  He had about 5 minutes to enjoy the afterglow of coupling up with Florita and her acting like she was into him.   You could see his disappointment with every passing moment as the attraction between Jeremy and Florita unfolded.  I was rooting for Korey and Florita as a couple.  Was Florita working a program saying that Jeremy thought of Aimee just as a friend as she (Florita) wanted Jeremy for herself?

• Love 6
(edited)

Jeremy did say he was “best friends” with Aimee, and I took that to mean that he really cared about her a lot, like how Shannon and Josh also call themselves best friends. But Florita did definitely read into it to twist it as “only friends”—which isn’t what he was trying to convey. I can see why they’re both emphatic that they’re right and the other is lying because it was just a misinterpretation of the meaning behind the words. But that really threw me for a loop that it turned out that they like each other!! Huh?!?! I thought they were each other’s arch-nemesis in the house and were going to confront each other…but then they ended up declaring their feelings and kissing?!? Ah, the power of being pulled for a chat. There’s no telling what will come out of it! But, yeah, then that does make it seem like Florita was purposely lying. But even before all that, Jeremy chose Florita and Olivia (Olivia!!!! Who saw that coming?!?!)—not Aimee—for the answer to his threesome truth or dare…so he really wasn’t into Aimee after all?! This is very confusing. All I care about in this situation is our pure of heart Korey. This kid. The heartbreak in his eyes is killing me!! I bet he’s the rumored virgin just because he seems too shy to try to even make a move on anyone. It was great seeing him come out of his shell with Florita, but this Jeremy thing probably made him retreat into his protective bubble tenfold. It’s sad because unless he makes some grand gesture to try to win Florita back, he just seems to be sitting there morosely while Jeremy keeps pulling her for chats. He needs Cinco or someone to help him up his swag game, as Florita seems to be someone who would fall for some machismo. Ok, back to Aimee…yowzaas. I’m sure this whole situation plays with your head a bit, but she was on an emotional roller coaster! She was inconsolable that Isiah chose Cash and then kissed her in her presence—and yet everyone was making a big deal about whether Jeremy’s intentions toward her were real. Uh, how about the fact that she’s crying over someone else?!?! I don’t fault Jeremy for ultimately trying to move on. (Just wish he wasn’t screwing over Korey’s chances by doing so.) Then when she got the text, even though it’s standard practice to hoot and holler and jump all around, when she jumped on the table and started flailing and screeching, the looks on everyone’s faces had me laughing. I think after the crying episode, they thought this woman was having some type of a manic break. That being said, she pulled it together with her date with Wes, and I thought they hit it off better. I don’t think any of these girls are smart and accomplished enough for Mr. Harvard. (Um, my 25-year-old single daughter is also a financial analyst. Can I slip into his DMs to pass along her number?!?) His date with Cashay was kind of strange, like kissing The Godfather’s ring or like Cash expected him to pay homage to her popularity. Even the new girls coming in have run right up to her and fangirled, so I think Cash is fully aware she’s the fan favorite and it’s really going to her head. We were rooting for her when she was seemingly the genuine underdog—just like with Korey. But if she suddenly has expectations that this show is “hers” or whatever, America is fickle and that goodwill she earned can change fast. Granted, she’s SO FAR above the other girls in the rankings that it would take a LOT to “drop out of first place.” If she “settles down” with either Isiah or Wes and is steady from this point on out, she could win. But even though neither Kyra or Will are very popular individually, they are for certain the strongest couple and will likely win the money. But I guess anything can change once the Casa Amour portion of the show kicks in! As for the other new guy, Slade, it does seem that Olivia is the right match for him. I guess this is why the show finally started showing us her and Jovanny—just in time for her to dump him for Slade. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

❤️ Javonny. It was so clear he was sussing out Isaiah's intentions regarding Cash, what a sweetheart. And then doing the Kid N Play pajama jammy jam best dance of my lifetime was da bomb. He just needs to lose the weird earring fetish and calm down the smooth operator thing a little.

In no way do i want to defend Jeremy, but I must be the only one who misheard him. I swear he said Aimee is his "best friend" rather than they're "just friends". Which, if possible, are two very different things. And did his new personality just arrive from Amazon Prime? Was he actually smiling and laughing with (the overrated imo) Florita? Joking about wishing the best for "his friend"? Dance-thrusting in the mirror and asking Slade if anyone tells him he looks like a sexy Billy Bob Thornton?

I find it hilarious that Trina and Cinco have completely faded into the background. Shannon and Josh would too if she weren't constantly stirring up shit.

Cash's conversation with Isaiah was uncomfortable. Is she savvy and game-experienced enough to realize that she's popular online and getting a little big for her britches? Not that I think Isaiah is truly into her, but I want to continue rooting for her and hope she doesn't get too big a head.

Aimee can just miss me with that bullshit crying drama. Those tears came awfully fast, like she's had a whole lot of practice. Two girls had to go home; she should feel lucky she's still in the game.

Olivia is still weird and awkward. Slade seems weird and awkward. I don't want to lose Javonny's presence, but Slivia deserve each other.

Oh my - almost forgot, but was Shannon's tea on a possible virgin in the villa for real? I'd guess one of the guys. Korey or Jeremy, if I had to guess.

It’s possible Cash has always had a big ego and we just misjudged her from the beginning. It would be interesting to go back and rewatch earlier episodes after the season to see if there are clues to people’s personalities, but this show isn’t supposed to be that deep. At this point we’d expect the fan favorite to settle down and focus on someone, but she’d barely recoupled with Isaiah before falling for Wes. I can understand where he’s coming from. Everyone has been calling him out as being shady, but he was the new guy figuring out the house dynamics/game and it could look like Cash played him to stay in the house. She not only didn’t hear what he was saying but seemed pretty cold about his feelings. Which is something she’s done with other people when confronted. 

Good lord, why would anyone tell Shannon anything? At first, I thought maybe Will was the virgin because he was one of about two guys that seemed to frown when the secret was revealed (Korey was the other I think). Now I think maybe he just thought the whole topic was untoward and not something everyone should be joking/gossiping about. 

The humidity was NOT good for Olivia tonight. Between her hair and makeup she was looking pretty rough. I was surprised Slade had her in his top 3 from the start and that she moved up, but maybe there’s something there in person. I can see them recoupling but can’t really see them having a Will/Kyra or Shannon/Josh kind of relationship. Olivia is just too reserved and standoff-ish which makes me wonder how she ever got cast for the show. 

I think it’s funny so many see Wes as the good, genuine guy. To me he’s pure ego. Harvard football player, he definitely thinks he’s better than all the other guys (and probably all the girls). I don’t think he’s genuine, I think he’s smart and used to getting what he wants. I don’t think he’s a player, but I think he’s definitely selfish. 

• Love 3

I was starting to feel that this was the most boring season ever.  No real friction other than the silly slip-up of Will giving Kyra a 9 instead of a 10, a little drama between Shannon and Josh initially and the Cinco-Karina-Cash brouhaha which fizzled as quickly as it started.  Everyone and everything seemed to be settling in until last night!   Pass the popcorn, please .  .  . 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

That being said, she pulled it together with her date with Wes, and I thought they hit it off better. I don’t think any of these girls are smart and accomplished enough for Mr. Harvard. (Um, my 25-year-old single daughter is also a financial analyst. Can I slip into his DMs to pass along her number?!?) His date with Cashay was kind of strange, like kissing The Godfather’s ring or like Cash expected him to pay homage to her popularity. Even the new girls coming in have run right up to her and fangirled, so I think Cash is fully aware she’s the fan favorite and it’s really going to her head. We were rooting for her when she was seemingly the genuine underdog—just like with Korey. 

Yes to all of this - tell your daughter to DM Wes, he's beautiful, and yes yes yes to Cash thinking she's Queen of the Island.

• Love 1

That whole Aimee/Jeremy/Florita mess is so confusing, but all three of them seem like sociopaths so I don't care how it shakes out. I just feel bad for Korey. Poor kid can't catch a break.

Honestly, I don't think the women ever really liked Cash that much; there was always a bit of an air of condescension and disbelief that the bald-headed chick snagged Cinco, who was the then-hottest guy in the house. When she did it again with Isaiah, they started showing some annoyance, and if she and Wes turn out to be anything, I could see a lot of backstabbing coming her way. At the same time, I do think Cash is aware of her social media popularity and it's starting to affect how she interacts with people in the villa. Her conversation with Isaiah was so weird. She wants to continue to get to know Wes, but then gets shirty when Isaiah says that will change the dynamic between the two of them. He didn't even say, "well, then I'm going to try again with Aimee" or anything; he essentially said he wouldn't be able to get so invested in her if she wasn't doing the same, and she acted like he was laying down an ultimatum. I'm curious as to why Javonny thinks Isaiah is so shady, though.

I liked the ladies' pants that Will was wearing at the 90s party.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Good lord, why would anyone tell Shannon anything? At first, I thought maybe Will was the virgin because he was one of about two guys that seemed to frown when the secret was revealed (Korey was the other I think). Now I think maybe he just thought the whole topic was untoward and not something everyone should be joking/gossiping about. 

My mind actually went to  Kyra or Korey.  Shannon's mean.  She didn't have to take that opportunity from Josh to gossip, but she wanted to.

1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I think it’s funny so many see Wes as the good, genuine guy. To me he’s pure ego. Harvard football player, he definitely thinks he’s better than all the other guys (and probably all the girls). I don’t think he’s genuine, I think he’s smart and used to getting what he wants. I don’t think he’s a player, but I think he’s definitely selfish. 

The one thing that perked my ears up was when he told the entire island that he needs a woman who knows how to treat a man.  Kind of a weird thing to say.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

My mind actually went to  Kyra or Korey.  Shannon's mean.  She didn't have to take that opportunity from Josh to gossip, but she wanted to.

He barely finished reading the card and she was POUNDING on that bell. She was dying to out the virgin and is probably mad that they all weren't begging her to name names.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The one thing that perked my ears up was when he told the entire island that he needs a woman who knows how to treat a man.  Kind of a weird thing to say.

I didn’t like that, but we also heard Aimee say she needs to be treated like a queen so that she can treat her man like a king, and I’m not a fan of that, either. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I didn’t like that, but we also heard Aimee say she needs to be treated like a queen so that she can treat her man like a king, and I’m not a fan of that, either. 

This whole “my King”/“my Queen” thing is very common slang with young people nowadays. I remember when everyone was each other’s “bae” about 5-7 years ago. Now everyone is each other’s King/Queen. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

By the way, why do we see SO MANY GUYS doing this!?

I'm also tired of Cash twerking.  I do think she's beginning to smell herself.

And did y'all know that Wes went to Harvard?🙄  Yeah, he's nice-looking but he ain't all that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Court said:

Yes, I also don't understand why everyone thinks Isaiah is shady. I like him. 

I have a hard time concentrating on what Isiah is actually saying because his tone of voice sounds so much like Senator Corey Booker that I just get distracted thinking about that. But I’m a big supporter of Senator Booker, so bonus points to Isiah just on that account, I guess. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Court said:

Yes, I also don't understand why everyone thinks Isaiah is shady. I like him. 

Agreed.  I think he is (or was) trying to focus on Cash, the person he coupled up with.  I sort of don't understand why Cash was so terse with him during that chat at the end of Sunday's episode.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

So, Cash and Aimee are in the same situation again but, now it’s Wes instead of Isaiah.

Olivia is so smitten with Slade.

Jeremy now knows that it struck out with Aimee and is putting his hopes into Florita to save him. I wish that Korey would stop being a doormat.

Cinco is reminding me a lot of Johnny from last season. I want to see what he does in Casa Amour.

Well that was interesting. Maybe this would have made more sense if I had P+. But I'm not paying for another streaming service. 

That was smart game play by Cash. They could agree to stick together until the end.

Aimee's tone is so monotone and I find it creepy. I wanted Isaiah to stay. :(

Florita and Germy deserve each other. I'm voting them off the island. I hate his smug face and stupid hair  

I wonder why Slade left. I think Olivia would have dumped Javonny for him. 

• LOL 1
On 7/16/2021 at 6:23 PM, snarts said:

IMO, all the talk about Cash holding back and not opening up was code for sex.  Cinco thinks Trina is hotter and she's made it clear that she's down for the physical stuff by talking about how sexual she is.  Dude wants to get laid.

Meanwhile, Cash is gorgeous and an interesting person.  I'm rooting hard for her & Isaiah, they;re cute together.

But Cinco was going at it hard each night with Cash. He was either attracted to her or a real pig.