Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E06: Week 6

• Start Topic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/12/2021 at 7:46 PM, bosawks said:

Confidence is the only thing I can think of to explain Hunter’s dinner jacket.

On 7/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, JenE4 said:

Or, clearance rack at the Men’s Wearhouse.

Maybe Tom Haverston's Rent a Swag?

I went into this season really liking Katie, but this week, between the "contest', getting physically ill at the thought of "wrong reasons" and choosing a guy like Blake over a seemingly nice guy like Connor, I'm done with her.  I think being the Bachelorette has gone to her head and she's not thinking clearly.  Obviously, I don't think she should keep Connor if she's not feeling him, but the late-in-the-game attraction to Hunter and Blake seems like a 180 from the guys she seemed interested in at first.  (Connor, Greg, Michael.)

1 hour ago, leocadia said:

I went into this season really liking Katie, but this week, between the "contest', getting physically ill at the thought of "wrong reasons" and choosing a guy like Blake over a seemingly nice guy like Connor, I'm done with her.  I think being the Bachelorette has gone to her head and she's not thinking clearly.  Obviously, I don't think she should keep Connor if she's not feeling him, but the late-in-the-game attraction to Hunter and Blake seems like a 180 from the guys she seemed interested in at first.  (Connor, Greg, Michael.)

I cannot help thinking that Blake and Katie knew each other already, and the story line for this season was going to be all about "sex positivity" (whatever that means)  and sexual chemistry.  I just feel manipulated by the show this season, like it's become less of a reality show about dating, and more of a scripted show, where the main actors have lines and characters, but the minor characters are just playing themselves, and don't know what's going on.   Katie seems so uninterested in most of the guys, she doesn't want to give them the time of day - but she will kiss them, just to prove that the chemistry isn't there.  I feel bad for the guys who remain, because they have been led to believe they have a chance, and are desperate for Katie's attention or any crumbs she'll throw their way.

I don't believe Katie when she said that Blake sent a simple "congratulations for having a fun personality" message and left it at that.  Two horn dogs don't just stick with one DM on Instagram and leave it at that- I guarantee that they took it to Snapchat with the anonymity of video messages disappearing after they're sent.  If Katie keeps chasing  passion and sexual chemistry while pushing away respectful, handsome and intelligent guys- then she deserves whatever future romantic disappointments might come to her. 

Katie is the queen of mixed messages to reject Connor over his kissing despite devouring his face multiple times for make out sessions on camera.  Katie has zero subtlety in making out and goes from 0-60 with lots of tongue- she's one to talk with her lack of skills. 

I had two issues with Connor:  he was an aspiring musician and I generally don’t trust their sincerity and he didn’t seem to know how buttons worked.   But he did seem nicer than some of the guys she still has…Justin?   Is he new?

20 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

But he would only be able to see her if the producers allowed it, and told him where to go. (And gave him the boombox)   if it was easy to do, ALL the guys would be seeking her out every evening.

I’m hoping this is sarcasm . 

What a snot-fest. Not a single tissue in the whole show, just endless sniffle and snort back. Gross. Only matched by the endless talk of this revolting WoW challenge.

I'm sad she sent the guy who looked like a pussycat away - he even looked like a cat when out of his cat costume - but Connor B got to play a few songs on the show, so there's that. Just so weird that she kept the uptight, prematurely aged, crucifix wearing virgin, Mike P, and Brendan, who has hardly appeared all season, over someone like Tre.

On 7/13/2021 at 5:02 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Horrible makeup looks- she started out strong with a peachy gloss, cat liner and bronzer and ended the night looking like she ran into a heavy handed Mary Kay rep.  Katie is kind of plain looking to me though and in some lights looks like an odd blend of Vanessa Bayer and Jon Lovitz.

LOL, I totally see Vanessa Bayer. 

And yes, the makeup gun was suddenly set to 1980s whore. I don't remember it being this bad before. My older sister had this book of makeup tricks I loved to look at when I was a kid (in the 80s) and some of Katie's looks were straight out of that book.

Also, those eyelashes are such a terrible look, they don't go with the curve of her eye, they only cover the middle and make her look like Snufflufagus.

Without the slicked back hair he is very handsome !

Yeah, he is really committed to that particular look, but I suspect that he will look back on this gangster phase and cringe. He could be quite handsome if he dressed a bit more normally, used some blotting papers on his face, and unslicked the hair.

“ Blake went out of his way to check on me , he didn’t have to do that .” 
um katie , there’s literally nothing else for him to do . If anything , he was so bored without electronics in the house that it gave him something to do . Let’s see if he comes to check up on you in the real world . He seems like a snake to me . 

Ha, I hope for Katie's sake that she didn't really find that to be sweet. Someone swooping in on a crying woman for a makeout session...not sweet, that's calculating and opportunistic.

Also, that'll be fun for Connor to watch her go from squeezing out crocodile tears to full on making out with someone else.

Interesting that Connor got to come back and say goodbye, doesn't some PA usually just drag out the suitcase of the doomed? Seems like the show has future plans for Connor to give him a full goodbye like that. Complete with kisses from some of the other guys, lol.

Hands down best part of the episode was ALL the drama queens suddenly realizing their mistake. "I was trying to help Katie, but I guess she might think I'm drama..." Um, you think? You had a new target every single week and spent every cocktail party ratting people out.

I really wanted a flashback to Andrew S vs the drama contingent in that moment, where he said "who cares, she'll figure it out, talk about yourself!" and they all swore up and down that tattling was the honorable thing to do. 

23 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I’m hoping this is sarcasm . 

No, I'm saying that the guys don't know where Katie is, they would need production's help and permission to go to her.   She thinks it's so sweet, and Blake gets credit for being the ONLY one who went to comfort her, when it was clearly set up by production.  If the guys all know exactly where her room is, and were allowed to contact her after hours, there would be a line outside her door each night. 

No sarcasm meant. 

I used to think the show was pretty farfetched with all the places they traveled. The covid format for the show makes it unwatchable. The stuff they're coming up with to try to make it entertaining is draining and cringe. Too much having 2 hosts and Katie acting like teenagers and humiliating the guys, too much nonsense trying to create more drama. We need some Swiss Alps or a Greek island to give us some variety.

11 minutes ago, Lurk said:

I used to think the show was pretty farfetched with all the places they traveled. The covid format for the show makes it unwatchable. The stuff they're coming up with to try to make it entertaining is draining and cringe. Too much having 2 hosts and Katie acting like teenagers and humiliating the guys, too much nonsense trying to create more drama. We need some Swiss Alps or a Greek island to give us some variety.

I have watched this show since the very start with Alex Michel.  And for the past 3-4 years, I have been unable to watch it live, so I had watched it the next day on replay.  But this is the first year when I have gone days without watching the replay because I just don't care that much about what happens to Katie...I'm mainly watching because it helps to know the details of what happens on one season, to totally understand BiP and whatever happens with subsequent seasons.  

I can't figure out exactly what it is that is making this season so bad, in spite of the fact that Katie does have more of a personality than Matt James did.  For whatever reason, having Tayshia and Kaitlyn take the focus off of Katie in a distracting way.  And every season seems to get worse in terms of manufactured drama, that is just stupid and annoying and childish and petty. I know they aren't traveling as a group to any destinations right now, but I remember one season they showed the guys on the bus to the group date, and it was great.  I wish they would show more of the contestants just chilling, and what kind of stuff they talk about and how they fill their days...and the food, whether they cook, or the spreads that are prepared for them, etc.  I never realized the value of the 'exotic' destinations, but they really did add some variety and interest.

10 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I have watched this show since the very start with Alex Michel.  And for the past 3-4 years, I have been unable to watch it live, so I had watched it the next day on replay.  But this is the first year when I have gone days without watching the replay because I just don't care that much about what happens to Katie...I'm mainly watching because it helps to know the details of what happens on one season, to totally understand BiP and whatever happens with subsequent seasons.  

I can't figure out exactly what it is that is making this season so bad, in spite of the fact that Katie does have more of a personality than Matt James did.  For whatever reason, having Tayshia and Kaitlyn take the focus off of Katie in a distracting way.  And every season seems to get worse in terms of manufactured drama, that is just stupid and annoying and childish and petty. I know they aren't traveling as a group to any destinations right now, but I remember one season they showed the guys on the bus to the group date, and it was great.  I wish they would show more of the contestants just chilling, and what kind of stuff they talk about and how they fill their days...and the food, whether they cook, or the spreads that are prepared for them, etc.  I never realized the value of the 'exotic' destinations, but they really did add some variety and interest.

I always thought the exotic destinations made the whole premise unrealistic to finding a lasting relationship in the real world. This having them confined to a hotel/resort, locked up like they're on Big Brother or something is boring.

I remember in early years seeing the contestants goofing around the house, swimming, working out, hanging out.... not just dates, cocktail parties.

I too remember the good old days. My first season was Andrew Firestone, and I remember the amazing Tina Fabulous who would not even let Andrew so much as kiss her until she was like Final 3 or 4. I don't hate Katie, but I wish she wouldn't feel the need to make out with, and as someone upthread said, devour the face of every guy in the house. 

Good bye, Connor, or as you're known in the Blintzie house, Cat Boy. I thought you were final 4 for sure. 😿

1 hour ago, Lurk said:

I always thought the exotic destinations made the whole premise unrealistic to finding a lasting relationship in the real world.

I think it's the whole premise of the show that's unrealistic to finding a lasting relationship. If, like me, you're only watching for the drama and ridiculousness and not for a "love story," the travel locales add to the viewing experience.

2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I think it's the whole premise of the show that's unrealistic to finding a lasting relationship. If, like me, you're only watching for the drama and ridiculousness and not for a "love story," the travel locales add to the viewing experience.

Yup. If I want to watch something romantic and sweet, I'll watch The Notebook or something. I watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette because it's a shit show. 

3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I have a travel bucket list based on watching these shows! 

My nephew and his wife (my niece) went to Singapore for their honeymoon because my new niece is a huge watch of the Bachelor franchise and she loved it when she saw it there.

On a less exciting note: The series went to Hilton Head Island (I think Rachel’s season) and stayed at the same resort we stay at when we go there (it’s nice and very reasonably priced).

I think that there has been too much emphasis on the guys talking about who is here "for the wrong reasons" and talking to Katie about it, and all the ensuing denials and drama.  Who cares?  stop canceling the cocktail parties, stop showing the same stuff all the time,  just show people having fun, talking, goofing off, etc.   Everyone is soo SERIOUS, there's no fun.  

It's not the group of guys that's the problem -  it's the editors, the manipulation -  Blake joins the show, and we barely see the outrage, suddenly he's just another guy, or maybe the front-runner.   Something about this season just doesn't seem genuine .  And Katie - she doesn't seem like a nice, fun person.  She has a mean streak, and she seems more interested in  hanging with "kay & Tay"  laughing about the guys than in actually finding a husband. 

(edited)
On 7/13/2021 at 8:15 AM, nlkm9 said:

Without the slicked back hair he is very handsome !

He is the best looking participant ever in my opinion. I really wanted him to be the bachelor after his season.

(my comment is about Jason Tartick. James is handsome but needs Clinton and Stacy’ help

Edited by Maximadc
15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I think that there has been too much emphasis on the guys talking about who is here "for the wrong reasons" and talking to Katie about it, and all the ensuing denials and drama.  Who cares?  stop canceling the cocktail parties, stop showing the same stuff all the time,  just show people having fun, talking, goofing off, etc.   Everyone is soo SERIOUS, there's no fun.  

It's not the group of guys that's the problem -  it's the editors, the manipulation -  Blake joins the show, and we barely see the outrage, suddenly he's just another guy, or maybe the front-runner.   Something about this season just doesn't seem genuine .  And Katie - she doesn't seem like a nice, fun person.  She has a mean streak, and she seems more interested in  hanging with "kay & Tay"  laughing about the guys than in actually finding a husband. 

None of them, Katie included, joined the show because it's the only way to find love. So long as these guys are genuinely open to it and not faking feelings, who cares. Get to know them, have fun. 

3 hours ago, Maximadc said:

He is the best looking participant ever in my opinion. I really wanted him to be the bachelor after his season.

(my comment is about Jason Tartick. James is handsome but needs Clinton and Stacy’ help

By any chance did you have a crush on Andrew Keegan? Jason reminds me so much of that guy. When I first saw Jason I thought, why does he remind me of my childhood and looks like he belongs in the 90s? lol

Jason is cute, but my personal favorite looks wise is Peter Krause. 

1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

None of them, Katie included, joined the show because it's the only way to find love. So long as these guys are genuinely open to it and not faking feelings, who cares. Get to know them, have fun. 

By any chance did you have a crush on Andrew Keegan? Jason reminds me so much of that guy. When I first saw Jason I thought, why does he remind me of my childhood and looks like he belongs in the 90s? lol

Jason is cute, but my personal favorite looks wise is Peter Krause. 

Lol I think Jason is super attractive and yes, I crushed on Andrew as well! Good call 

On 7/16/2021 at 1:22 PM, Lurk said:

I agree. Very boring season-Very boring girls-Very boring guys-Very boring resort.

Looking forward to Michelle’s season. Hopefully the producers will change the hosts.

The first episode, when the guys were arriving, and one guy came in a truck (doesn't mean he drove his own truck, just that he arrived in a truck)  Kay  and Tay SQUEALED about "A truck!  I love a guy in a truck!" 

from that moment, I knew the season was doomed.  Chris H, for all his faults, at least didn't have a high pitched squeal about trivial nonsense. 

On 7/16/2021 at 10:55 PM, tinkerbell said:

I agree! I think that the emphasis on who is there for the wrong reasons has taken over the show over the last couple of years and is just getting worse and worse.

On 7/17/2021 at 2:15 PM, Maximadc said:

I agree. Very boring season-Very boring girls-Very boring guys-Very boring resort.

Looking forward to Michelle’s season. Hopefully the producers will change the hosts.

I think Tayshia and Kaitlyn are back

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Kerri Johnson said:

I think Tayshia and Kaitlyn are back

I think they will be, too. I don't like the dynamic of having the contestants up in arms and accusing each other of being there for the wrong reasons instead of focusing on exploring a relationship with the love interest. Then having the "hosts" and love interest giggling and kibbitzing like high school mean girls.

[edited for grammar error]

Edited by Lurk