Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E06: Week 6

• Start Topic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, Katie really cleaned house, she got rid of ALL of the drama llamas. I am actually surprised, I would have thought the producers would insist on keeping a few of the shit stirrers. I guess I'll give Katie credit, sending home everyone involved in drama in a good way to get rid of it. But what will the show do now, the guys left all seem too nice and normal to bring that reality TV drama. Blake, its all on you buddy! 

Have fun in BIP Hunter!

Why did she have Hunter come back in just to send him home? Good riddance to him and Aaron, who was trouble since night 1. Tre was also big on Wrong Reasoning, but at least he was sometimes funny in his talking heads. And, um, so long to a couple of others who barely spoke.

Has she ever spoke to Brandon?  Has he ever spoke on the show?

I do like this group of guys.  Their response to Connor leaving was really cute.   They seemed to have accepted Blake pretty quickly.  They just seem like good guys. 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Has she had a one-on-one date with Michael the widower?  I like him, but surprised he made the cut because I haven’t seen them together much.

I think she had the first, or one of the first, with him.  

(edited)

The fake wedding was cringy.

I’m sick of the “are you here for the right reasons” group dates. Just have some fun already.

I felt so bad for Connor. He was so excited to spend time with Katie. But, if the spark isn’t there it’s not there.

Katie got rid of complaining Aaron Yeah!

I didn’t mind Hunter at first but, he was sounding obsessive and that’s never good.

I don’t like Blake. If the guys thought Hunter was calculating…

Edited by TroopinFairy
(edited)

I’m not sure whether I missed something. Did Katie, when talking to Justin about her late father, say that her mother had kept a secret that he wasn’t her biological father and then suddenly a bio dad came out of the woodwork? I wasn’t sure whether her bio dad just sort of abandoned the family and she was raised by her step-dad who she referred to as dad…or this was like a Maury Povich situation and her mother just straight out lied about the paternity of her child. Did anyone have that same impression?

Edited by JenE4
(edited)

I was only half watching, but Katie looked totally wasted before her hurling episode. Also, what was with all the crying guys when Connor left? What kind of mind fuckery are we witnessing? None of it makes sense. Stockholm Syndrome for sure. And, are we really to believe all these guys are jerking off in the shower with camera crews everywhere? Come on.

Edited by sauce62
13 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

are we really to believe all these guys are jerking off in the shower with camera crews everywhere?

I don’t think that’s far fetched. Most guys on this show are exhibitionists. Ugh, don’t know why I’m commenting when I stopped watching 2 weeks ago. I still like to visit with y’all. 

Just watching now -  Boy, Kaitlyn looks nothing like she did on her season. 

Did we need to go through every possible euphemism for jerking off?  Wouldn't a "sex positive"  woman, first of all, deliver this edict herself, and also just SAY what she means instead of dancing around the subject?  Honestly, why not just say, "your penises belong to me, you're not allowed to touch them without my permission."

The fake wedding was stupid.  Same as on other seasons, when the guys have to fake-propose. 

(edited)

The camera lingered too long on Connor’s green suitcase prior to his one on one. Once he gave it a little tap, I just knew that he would shockingly get sent home. It was very Chekhov’s Gun.

I do think Connor showed some class by telling her he knew what was coming and that she should just breathe. That seemed gentlemanly. I feel for him when he watched this back and saw Katie forget him the instant Blake slithered in.

I wonder if Chris Harrison were still there, would they portray a super fan of the show as a bad thing, the way they did with Hunter tonight? I know the purpose tonight was to show that Hunter was fixated on the show and not on Katie, but I don’t think Chris would’ve allowed super fandom to be shown as a negative quality.  Remember all those times he “dropped in” on watch parties at people’s houses?  He thrived on the whole notion of Bachelor Nation.

Edited by Arkay
(edited)

Blake showing up after Conor left, Katie says, "I did NOT expect you to show up!  this was unexpected!  What a surprise!  that was the greatest surprise ever!  I had no idea!"   

Yeah, I'm thinking it was set up and she was totally expecting it.  

It's not like he went out to Best Buy and bought a boombox.  And he couldnt just "show up"  to see her without the producers letting him.  

The whole thing just seemed set up and like they were both "acting." 

Oh, and then - make the guys get all dressed up and ready for a cocktail party - then cancel it.  Why don't ANY of these guys get upset about that? 

More and more, I think that Katie and Blake were a couple before he show, and this is all fake.  

Edited by tinkerbell

I’ve hoped for years that a super fan would be on the show. Then it ends up being Hunter? Yuck. My guess is that he’s a Reddit guy FWIW. 

The master of domain Wowo challenge is so stupid. 

Kaitlins face is so different now from when she was dating / engaged to Shawn, she’s basically a different person, in pictures at least. 

Katie is usually the worst-dressed person in every episode with her sparkly 80s outfits, but this episode's worst-dressed was the random musician on her date with Justin, with the shirt that had weirdly enlarged cuffs that were flapping around. Why would anyone make a shirt like that?

I always thought that sex-positivity implied a healthy attitude towards masturbation, but apparently I was wrong? And of course the editors had to have fun with the sprinkler visual while Blake voice-overed about "happy endings."

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

This is Blake’s go-to move, trying to show up at Clare…or Tayshia’s?…room and finding Harrison instead.

That was Ed, not Blake.

3 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Brendan? In the top 6? Has he had any screen time? Hunter should get a free pass to BIP. 

Technically it's top 7. Justin got a rose on the 1-on-1 date, and Katie gave out six at the rose ceremony.

(edited)
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Did we need to go through every possible euphemism for jerking off?  Wouldn't a "sex positive"  woman, first of all, deliver this edict herself, and also just SAY what she means instead of dancing around the subject?  Honestly, why not just say, "your penises belong to me, you're not allowed to touch them without my permission."

The fake wedding was stupid.  Same as on other seasons, when the guys have to fake-propose. 

I kept hoping one of the guys would step up and ask Katie to turn her dildo over in return.

And I wish Justin had said, "I appreciate that you want to play dress up, but marriage is significant for me and I don't wish to participate in a fake ceremony.  I'll see you at the rose ceremony instead."

Edited by eyelash
Because I originally said Tre but I meant Justin about the wedding date.
5 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

I am really grossed out by Katie asking Blake about her challenge and then laughing at him.  If she actually likes men, why would she be so controlling about their bodies.  That is not caring behavior. What an immature bitch.

Exactly! I'm sure Katie isn't abiding by the no masturbation rule and it is narcissistic of her to assume that it is so hard for the men to not work one out while dating her.  

3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm old. I hear "sex positive" and the first thing I think of is a failed STD test.

Blake is a hyper sexual fame-whore and would probably fall for a potted house plant if it got him a chance to be on TV- he'll blow her back out in bed, but will never be there for the long haul.  I actually think that the men have more chemistry with each other than with Katie. 

4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

That was Ed, not Blake.

I could never tell those 2 apart. Thanks! I’ll remove that one tally from my Blake is an obvious famewhore scorekeeping. He’s still got a lot of marks, though.

I'm a terrible person. I kept hoping the two themes of personal tragedy and personal gratification would combine and Katie would catch someone sneakily masturbating while she was talking about her father's death. I need to stop drinking while watching this show.

And can these guys really not be alone for even a minute without flogging the pharisee? It doesn't have to be part of your daily workouts, guys. If you think about it as a chore, you're making it more difficult from the get-go.

I wonder how many of them were thinking about Katie while ... umm ... summoning the butler. Maybe Katie put a stop to it because she thinks they were all thinking about Tayshia and she was jealous.

11 hours ago, alexa said:

The other thing is that kids watch this with their parents.  Kissing, etc is to be expected, but parents should not have to explain what Katie is forbidding.  Awkward.

I think this is a terribly inappropriate show to watch with kids!! I’m so glad i never watched anything like this when i was little . I can’t imagine allowing my kid to watch a show that shows dating and sex in such a casual way. 

8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Omg Kaitlyn looks horribly distorted and not at all attractive - i found myself wondering if she could get face fixed to what it was before . :::shudder::::

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

This James (?) is very shiny and the slicked back greasy hair is not a good look.  For me, anyway. 😂
He reminds me of a character in a James Bond movie.

Ugh.  Hunter.

Without the slicked back hair he is very handsome !

13 hours ago, Thumper said:

This James (?) is very shiny and the slicked back greasy hair is not a good look.  For me, anyway. 😂
He reminds me of a character in a James Bond movie.

To me, he seems like a minor character in Ray Donovan. Low rent Boston gangster. Not my jam

2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I think this is a terribly inappropriate show to watch with kids!! I’m so glad i never watched anything like this when i was little . I can’t imagine allowing my kid to watch a show that shows dating and sex in such a casual way. 

My kids are 24 and 21. I've been watching it since they were little. I DVR'd it when they were really young, but at some point, the show was on and I used it as a lesson for how NOT to be as a young adult. We actually had some great conversations through the years about dating, how to treat women and men, how to respect yourself, etc. We joke about our Bachelor lessons now. 

I'm officially off the Katie train. Her "request" last night was inappropriate and speaks of a seriously controlling personality. If a guy "takes care of business" when she's not there, why should she care in the slightest? How does it affect her in any way, positive or negative? And I didn't notice HER promising to lay off the five-finger massages. Basically, she wants the guy(s) in her life to adhere to a standard that doesn't apply to her. Ridiculous, and it would have been enough for me to walk off the show unless I was just sticking around for a BiP or Bachelor casting opportunity.

2 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

My kids are 24 and 21. I've been watching it since they were little. I DVR'd it when they were really young, but at some point, the show was on and I used it as a lesson for how NOT to be as a young adult. We actually had some great conversations through the years about dating, how to treat women and men, how to respect yourself, etc. We joke about our Bachelor lessons now. 

oh yes years ago the show was a lot milder. I certainly hope the way it is now, noone is watching with small children...

14 hours ago, sauce62 said:

And, are we really to believe all these guys are jerking off in the shower with camera crews everywhere? Come on.

I don't think there are cameras in the toilet or shower. 

The amount of make-up Katie had on -- on two different occasions during last night's show -- was over the top.  She looked like a clown.  It kind of makes me think that no one within production is looking out for her to make sure she doesn't come off looking foolish.

1 hour ago, MMLEsq said:

The amount of make-up Katie had on -- on two different occasions during last night's show -- was over the top.  She looked like a clown.  It kind of makes me think that no one within production is looking out for her to make sure she doesn't come off looking foolish.

Horrible makeup looks- she started out strong with a peachy gloss, cat liner and bronzer and ended the night looking like she ran into a heavy handed Mary Kay rep.  Katie is kind of plain looking to me though and in some lights looks like an odd blend of Vanessa Bayer and Jon Lovitz.

“ Blake went out of his way to check on me , he didn’t have to do that .” 

um katie , there’s literally nothing else for him to do . If anything , he was so bored without electronics in the house that it gave him something to do . Let’s see if he comes to check up on you in the real world . He seems like a snake to me . 

Maybe the guys should ask Katie if she’s there for the right reasons because from what I’ve seen, I’d be questioning that myself. 
I’m surprised that someone who is saving himself for marriage, like Mike P, would  want to be part of this spectacle and want someone who treats sex so casually. And honestly, I’m surprised that all the men want to keep being demeaned by Katie. 
I can’t imagine how this is family friendly, at least not anymore. I couldn’t even watch this episode. 

1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

And honestly, I’m surprised that all the men want to keep being demeaned by Katie. 

The Bachelor(ette) producers are very good at manipulating the contestants and handing out Pavlovian rewards and punishments, which makes the contestants eager to win regardless of personal compatibility with the Bachelor(ette) themselves. It's why both shows have such a terrible record in terms of the final two ending up together long-term. If you're the winner, you eventually ask yourself if this is REALLY the person you want to spend the next half-century or more with. Most of the time, they're not. BiP, because the couples are self-selecting to an extent, has a much better record creating long-term relationships.

The men are still around because they're living in a bubble of Katie 24/7 and have convinced themselves that out of the 4+ billion women on this planet, she's the only one for them.

Agree…it gets to be a competition they want to “win” and get all those Instagram followers.  Or maybe just make it far enough to get on BiP where the fun is.  

Has anyone ever seen the show called, "Burning Love"? If you haven't, it came out in 2012 and is a such a great and funny parody of The Bachelor/Bachelorette TV shows.  Michael Ian Black plays Chris Harrison and Natasha Leggero and Ben Stiller make appearances in it too along with many other great comedians.  I watch it for free on Youtube and Pluto TV.

23 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Has anyone ever seen the show called, "Burning Love"? If you haven't, it came out in 2012 and is a such a great and funny parody of The Bachelor/Bachelorette TV shows.  Michael Ian Black plays Chris Harrison and Natasha Leggero and Ben Stiller make appearances in it too along with many other great comedians.  I watch it for free on Youtube and Pluto TV.

That was a great show! My favorite part was the Jennifer Aniston cameo:

28 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Oh, I want to watch that! According to IMDB it is on Pluto, so I think I need to get a Pluto account (poor actual Pluto being demoted, he did nothing wrong - I may or may not have had some wine.

42 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Oh, I want to watch that! According to IMDB it is on Pluto, so I think I need to get a Pluto account (poor actual Pluto being demoted, he did nothing wrong - I may or may not have had some wine.

I agree about Pluto being a strange name for a TV service 😄! It is free with some commercials on Pluto TV or you can binge watch/rent a whole season on Amazon.com for $3.99.  It's definitely worth a watch- really captures the desperation, outrageousness and awkwardness in its hilarious parody of the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows!

4 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

My other favorite clip from this show is the Blaze clip- Blaze was the original Blake of this season haha. 

The Blaze character was based on Bentley from Ashley's season.

4 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

The Blaze character was based on Bentley from Ashley's season.

How could I forget Bentley?! He was such an unfeeling jerk, but also might have been egged on by producers.  I wonder whatever happened to Bentley- I'll have to check his Linkedin.  I'll never forget when Ben Flagnick was pissed when Ashley turned down his proposal that season- finally someone not saving face.  If I were turned down by the Bachelor, I'd tell him he's really missing out and I'd tearfully ask the driver to take me to the nearest 7-Eleven for a slurpee and Big Bite hot dog.

6 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

“ Blake went out of his way to check on me , he didn’t have to do that .” 

um katie , there’s literally nothing else for him to do . If anything , he was so bored without electronics in the house that it gave him something to do . Let’s see if he comes to check up on you in the real world . He seems like a snake to me . 

But he would only be able to see her if the producers allowed it, and told him where to go. (And gave him the boombox)   if it was easy to do, ALL the guys would be seeking her out every evening.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

But he would only be able to see her if the producers allowed it, and told him where to go. (And gave him the boombox)   if it was easy to do, ALL the guys would be seeking her out every evening.

I'm sure in this case the producers encouraged him. After Katie let Connor go because she didn't feel "passion" for him, they wanted to show her having a makeout session with someone for whom she does feel "passion." If another man who wasn't one of her top picks had asked to go "cheer her up," the producers would have denied the request, or sent him to the wrong place like they did with Ed last season. It's supposed to be an unscripted show, but production still controls the narrative.

Edited by chocolatine