Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Light As A Feather, Stiff As A Bored

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

This is an episode thread; it is not the place to discuss who will or will not return for the next season. 

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Do we *really* think that was poo on Ramonas bathrom floor…. really? That’s like my ancient Labrador dog whose poo just falls out of him now. We can’t really believe Ramona has poo on the floor that she doesn’t notice? NO!!!?? Tell me how that can be true 😳

Seriously!!  And if it just falls out willy nilly at any time, any place....  Wouldn't she have gone to a DOCTOR by now??

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

And here the other housewives were accusing Coco of shitting on their floors when a random turd would appear 😂

(I just knew these comments would be far superior to anything on this show)

I think we know now that Coco was NOT the  one responsible for the shit on the floor at random houses, hotel rooms, and AirBnB's they have stayed in.

IT WAS RAMONA!!

• LOL 9
34 minutes ago, ancslove said:

But another thing that strikes me is that Sonja, the main target of Bershan's blast, opts initially to stay in Bershan's company, simply because she doesn't want to abandon Ramona.  That was an oddly sweet moment.  A bit weird, but sweet.

Oh, when I saw Sonja come back to the table I thought she returned to where the food was rather than follow the other women out of the dining area.  Sonja is never going to leave free food.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
On 7/13/2021 at 10:37 PM, Hangin Out said:

I’m so happy I saw NOTHING of Salem thanks to these bitches.  All I saw was fakeness, screaming, shit on the floor, Sonja peeing her pants and the new woman calling them old.  The Countess losing her cool, also.  The rest was a waste of a nice town.  When is this crapola show finished?

Luanne was really triggered by the bunch of “grandmas” comment.   As if she thought that all the plastic surgery, fake hair, and clothes from the young adult section fooled everyone into thinking these women were 30 years old.   Yes, you are the age at which women become grandmas. What’s wrong with that? And you are boring, like literally nothing of interest is going on with any of you.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

When they come down to key west we have gotten calls and my friends that run other hotels are reached out to and turned down. When the real world was down here there were bars that banned them because they wanted to “stage” fights and the bar would have looked bad. 

I thought you were going to say because of the poop…

Do black lights work on poop?  I would never feel like the floor was clean enough…

• LOL 3

Why is ok for newbie Eboni to call the women “White Supremacists” but it is so horrible that Bershon called Sonja a “clown?”

When Sonja is actually a clown.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

Luanne was really triggered by the bunch of “grandmas” comment.   As if she thought that all the plastic surgery, fake hair, and clothes from the young adult section fooled everyone into thinking these women were 30 years old.   Yes, you are the age at which women become grandmas. What’s wrong with that? And you are boring, like literally nothing of interest is going on with any of you.   

There may be a slight reflexive thought for all of them that "My 20-24yo child certainly isn't ready to be having children, so no way can I be a grandma" and not realizing that actually, all the OGs' children are old enough now to be thinking about having kids.  But I think the bigger trigger is her worry that she's boring when she's sober.  Bershan calls them boring grandmas, right when she notices that Luann and Leah aren't drinking.

But then, "boring" is apparently a huge insult in Housewifeland.  Teddi freaked out last year when Sutton called her boring.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Sonja droning on and on about “her family” has got to stop!  The Adams, the Quincys, the Morgan’s….NONE OF THEM ARE RELATED TO YOU SONJA!!!  Your ex husband and your daughter can claim the “very old American family” legacy, but NOT YOU SONJA!  The delusions of grandeur get worse every year.  Is that a symptom of dementia?  Creating false memories vs. losing memories? 

BTW, for anyone wanting to visit Salem, MA -  great city with so much to do! Just don’t come from Sept to Nov so you can avoid the Halloween crowds, inflated prices and insane traffic.  But when you do visit, the Black Veil is pretty awesome (the twins Lu flirted with own the place).  And there is an incredible bakery right next store with some of the best breads and pastries ( A & J King Artisan Bakery).  

The Adams and Quincys arrived in Massachusetts from England the same time as these pilgrims.  You would think she would ask a ton of questions and be more active in the interactive program. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Why didn't Eboni leave after finding out her grandmother had died? Even production wouldn't be cruel enough to expect her to fulfill her filming obligation.  Leah needs a refund on her acting lessons. Just saying. 

I did get a chuckle out of Leah not realizing she was on speakerphone when she was badmouthing Ramona to Sonja - and Ramona yelling, "I'm right here, bitch."  Kinda takes the wind out of Leah being upset that someone else was talking smack behind her back about her. What does she think she was doing?  Or technically, trying to do, as she got busted. 

Ramona and her Tour de Poo.  My mother insists on eating shellfish even though it causes diarrhea and has messed up mattresses all over the world. *so gross*  Sonja peed her pants, but didn't go and change? *yikes*  

Bershan's talking head impersonation of Sonja was funny. Not so much in the restaurant though. And who goes to an authentic Italian restaurant and orders a steak?  Leah's hair & the crystals stuck on it and her light make-up did look very pretty in that scene. 

Between the screamfest at the Italian restaurant and the bad behavior at the Black Veil, those women love to embarrass themselves wherever they go. Well, at least they're consistent. I went out to lunch last week with a group of friends and nobody even raised their voice, let alone start a physical fight. And when I go out to lunch with my mom and two of my aunts tomorrow, I highly doubt we're going to do anything that will make other patrons in the restaurant want to leave in the middle of their meal. 

Only Sonja can drink wine through a mask. And again, blabbering on about her 'old American family'. No, honey, that's your daughter's legacy, not yours. 

That Pioneer Village looked like the cheap-looking set of a bad high school production of the Salem Witch Trials.  I've seen Ren Faires that look better.  I don't blame some of the women for not wanting to be forced to participate in an interactive activity and wear costumes that probably aren't sanitized between tour groups, but also cool of Leah to play dress-up and be willing to look silly.  

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

BaltimoreBetty, you totally get me because this is exactly what I thought when I saw the costumes lol. I thought it was something the women could have had fun with so of course Eboni has to comment about how she refuses to wear the "uniform of the colonizer". Like, if she put it on she'd somehow be embracing slavery and oppression as opposed to it being about taking a few minutes to see what it might have felt like to live in that world and listen to what the actors and historians have to say. Can she ever give it rest? 

There isn't that much to it. She was drunk and rude to the other women and seemed confused as to why she was being called out on her behavior by all of them. Everyone, even the gruesome twosome, let Bershan know that she was acting like an asshole and it still didn't really get through to her. Another newbie who seems to have blown the opportunity of being on this show. 

Eboni must not realize there was a fairly decent free African American community in Salem. She could’ve put on the costume (or not) and contributed some AA history in an organic way rather than the way it played out at her Harlem dinner. (And that may have been different were it or for covid if they could’ve gone to the Apollo or something)  There’s even a listing of AA sites in Salem. And the costume of the colonizer? Wouldn’t that really be more appropriate for Native Americans to say in this particular instance? (Here’s your chance luann! Lol) http://npshistory.com/brochures/sama/african-american-heritage-sites-2003.pdf

Edited by lawrbk
  • Useful 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Funny how the new and improved (once again) Lou was so triggered by being labeled what she is eligible to be called--- grandma! She has had more work done (and looks strangely young at this point) and has been putting on the shrill giggling girl act this whole season.  The idea anyone isn't fooled and would dare consider her both boring and old sobered her up better than 'going away' did! Man she really was doing some serious questioning of Rashon after that comment.  "What do you mean OLD and BORING?!" 🤣 

I was gagging to myself at the Countess, Sonja and finally Ramona falling all over themselves trying to please the shows new star: Leah.  Them on the couch laughing and snuggling up with that weirdo was totally eye rolling. I guess production clued them in that Leah is on for another year.  Sigh....

Sonja is just a caricature of herself now.  A silly simpleton who won't shut up. 

For the 3rd week in a row I've fast forwarded almost all of this show.  I watched the dinner table fight when they all turned on Rashon. It was like a group of harpies who can get drunk, stomp around dominating the conversation, and insulting whoever they want got the tables turned on them and boy they didn't like it.  I didn't agree with how Rashon went about it, but it wasn't anything worse than the rest have done all season-- and some for years!  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ancslove said:

But then, "boring" is apparently a huge insult in Housewifeland.  Teddi freaked out last year when Sutton called her boring.

Because "boring" gets you fired...who wants to watch a boring housewife bring nothing to the table?

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 7/13/2021 at 11:16 PM, goofygirl said:

I don't understand what is happening with Ramona and her poop.  When is it just falling out, and how is that even possible?  Is it before she sits down on the toilet?  When she gets up?  WTF is happening?

This has happened too many times.  The woman is not wiping herself properly, in a rush, and leaving some behind.  She’s too busy yapping even in the toilet.  That was not makeup on the floor.  What else could it be ??

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

If I heard it correctly something was mentioned regarding a physical altercation.  But I can’t be sure because I was not watching or listening closely.  I also need to rewatch Leah’s crying meltdown as I was distracted at the moment and didn’t see most of it.

So many things were happening at once with everyone screaming that you don’t even hear what is going on.  I always have to watch again the next day.

• Love 3

Like others have said, Luann's anger has its roots in her struggle with alcohol, and I find it hard to believe Breshawn didn't know this about her.  Breshawn might not be cut out to be a Housewife; if you're going to stir the pot, then you can't half-ass it. Announcing that "people" have been talking behind Leah's back is stupid if you're not going to even tell what they're saying.

Sonja is a clown whose viciousness gets hidden in her drunken old-money pretentiousness antics. More people need to call her out, but Breshawn is not that person. If Breshawn had remained sober and backed up her point with specific examples, it would have been harder for everyone else to dismiss it as the Guest picking on One of Us.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I think we know now that Coco was NOT the  one responsible for the shit on the floor at random houses, hotel rooms, and AirBnB's they have stayed in.

IT WAS RAMONA!!

She better not wear white anymore.  I don’t get the logistics of this problem.  Does she not wear underwear .. does she not wipe properly?  Does she stand up too quickly?  Whatever it is, it’s mortifying. Lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

So many things were happening at once with everyone screaming that you don’t even hear what is going on.  I always have to watch again the next day.

It's in the preview for next week. It was shown at the very end of this week's episode. If you missed it you can see it on Bravo com. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Why didn't Eboni leave after finding out her grandmother had died? Even production wouldn't be cruel enough to expect her to fulfill her filming obligation.

I mean, death does not effect everyone like a Telenovela competing with a Verdi opera.  It may have been expected, they may not have been close, etc.  I've - subjectively, fully granted - found the sheer spectacle of public reaction to deaths on these franchises to be pretty gross.

• Love 6

Ebony is very ignorant about the history of the USA. And the worst part is that she doesn´t want to learn or know better, which makes her a bigot. She has a terrible personality.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

In what way, regarding what?

Her ignorance was on full display during the visit to the pioneer village. Although maybe it´s not so much lack of knowledge that is her problem, she just doesn´t care that she´s making things up and disrespecting the ancestors and culture of other people. She wants to be constantly teaching others something about being black but is not willing to learn from them (if they are white) or hear about their roots.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, halkatla said:

Her ignorance was on full display during the visit to the pioneer village. 

What did she do, or say, that displayed her ignorance?  I admit I did not catch it.  

• Useful 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Lassus said:

What did she do, or say, that displayed her ignorance?  I admit I did not catch it.  

The reasons she gave for not taking part in it, like insinuating that these people had owned slaves and nonsense like that. She´s constantly making things up to fit a certain racial narrative.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, halkatla said:

The reasons she gave for not taking part in it, like insinuating that these people had owned slaves and nonsense like that. She´s constantly making things up to fit a certain racial narrative.

Ah.  Well, slaves arrived in Massachusetts in the 1630s, slavery was legally sanctioned in 1641, and slavery was not legally abolished until 1783.  Salem had slaves during the period being re-enacted by the historical village.

Edited by Lassus
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11

I agree with many others who think this episode was terrible. I had been so looking forward to it because of the trip to Salem, I thought it might make things pretty fun. But all that drinking and history got totally wasted. I´m not even going to mention that thing on the floor, I can´t believe they showed that, it really makes me angry. It is truly sad to see rhony going down in flames.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Lassus said:

I mean, death does not effect everyone like a Telenovela competing with a Verdi opera.  It may have been expected, they may not have been close, etc.  I've - subjectively, fully granted - found the sheer spectacle of public reaction to deaths on these franchises to be pretty gross.

Grief is extremely performative on housewife shows.  Leah was way OTT about Eboni's grandmother.  Eboni explained in an earlier episode that her grandmother had been sick for some time and was not mentally there anymore; that is, quite sadly, she didn't really recognize them.  So she would visit.  However, she didn't feel like it was critical to be there at all times.  

7 hours ago, halkatla said:

Barshan made comments at the village.  Eboni was uncharacteristically silent.  Barshan insinuated they were slave owners.  Eboni did not. Eboni made a comment in a TH only.  While race has been a major talking point for Eboni this season, in this instance she really did not have much to say.  Also, the first people to decide they did not want to suit up for the tour were Ramona and Luann. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I would rather do completely without this storyline.  There are things I don't need nor want to know.

I would rather have Eboni lecture me for an hour than know even 1% about Ramona's bowel movements seriously.

I agree.  It was bad enough when the film guys were showing close up shots of the dog poop in Sonja's garden, on Dorinda's carpet and everywhere else.  I think that this entire scene should not have been shown or filmed.  This is some type of health issue, and it shouldn't be shown on tv to embarrass Ramona, or so that viewers can laugh at it.  

I'm not laughing.  

Although, I don't know if I would go so far as to say that I would deal with an hour long lecture by Eboni in place of it!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Ah.  Well, slaves arrived in Massachusetts in the 1630s, slaves were legally sanctioned in 1641, and slavery was no legally abolished until 1783.  Salem had slaves during the period being re-enacted by the historical village.

Extremely few people at that time owned slaves, making it sound that it was common is a fake narrative. She should learn more about the hardships most of the settlers had endured before immigrating and also the morals that so many of them upheld.

And if she wants to be consistent about not taking part in culture & history in places where people owned slaves I wish her luck with that. Especially if she goes to Africa.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Barshan made comments at the village.  Eboni was uncharacteristically silent.  Barshan insinuated they were slave owners.  Eboni did not. Eboni made a comment in a TH only. 

Oh sorry. I thought she had said that she wouldn´t be putting on the costume of the colonizers, and some other things. And she pointed to her skin as an explanation, or so I thought. I´m glad to be proven wrong. I must have been so overwhelmed by the disappointment Bershan turned into that I just tuned her out. And also Bershan doesn´t seem like the type to have that attitude so when I was half-watching this terrible episode I could have mixed them up.

I don´t have a problem with people not doing certain things they are not comfortable with, absolutely not, but I found the delivery of the reasons why from Bershan/Ebony to be smug and disrespectful.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, halkatla said:

Oh sorry. I thought she had said that she wouldn´t be putting on the costume of the colonizers, and some other things. And she pointed to her skin as an explanation, or so I thought. I´m glad to be proven wrong. I must have been so overwhelmed by the disappointment Bershan turned into that I just tuned her out.

I don´t have a problem with people not doing certain things they are not comfortable with, absolutely not, but I found the delivery of the reasons why from Bershan/Ebony to be smug and disrespectful.

Eboni did say that she didn't want to put on the "colonizer's uniform". I remember because I rolled my eyes and was expecting a follow up lecture that surprisingly didn't come. 

Edited by Avaleigh
Edited to put in the exact quote
  • Love 8

Extremely few people at that time owned slaves

Which doesn't mean there weren't any slave owners. It was also probably more than "extremely few".

also the morals that so many of them upheld.

Including burning alive innocent women...lovely morals there.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Including burning alive innocent women...lovely morals there.

I'm pretty sure that they were hanging innocent women (and men) not burning them alive. Not that it makes it any better just pointing out that they weren't burning people alive. Not going to disagree with you about the morals though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

One of the most famous victims of the Salem Witch Trials was a slave.  

I actually think that Pioneer Village could/would have been a good opportunity for Eboni and Bershan to organically talk about their history, and then discuss how whitewashed American history has been.  It would've been natural and interesting, if someone had followed up on Bershan's comments.  It's just that by that point, none of the others were in the mood to hear it.  

(Of course, the other thing that probably impacted what was aired is that Bravo likely doesn't want to show their cast criticizing any site they book.  That would make it harder to arrange other outings further down the line.  These places put up with all the screaming and antics, in exchange for upfront money and also good publicity and being shown on national television as an awesome place to go.)

• Love 7
(edited)

To me, I just don´t understand this unwillingness to learn more, like in Salem. If I was anywhere that had a history of such a weird event like the witch trials I would want to know more about it and what led up to it.

And if they really think that there were no good deeds happening back then, no men with good morals and none who fought against injustice (like slavery), then that is just extremely sad (and ignorant).

Also, to add: Personally I find it offensive to even insinuate that every homestead had slaves or that the people living there would have wanted to own a slave if that was possible. I can hardly think of anything more hurtful to say about ones ancestors, when it is so far from the truth (servants of all skin tones are not the same as slaves brought over from Africa). It also just bothers me when history is viewed through a narrow and distorted lens.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 7

Bershon is catching a lot of flak because she is over the target.

A sober Luann is a boring Grandma. No falling in a bush. No more drunken hookups that you defend bleary eyed wearing shades saying “Don’t be all un-cool.” A sober Luann is a supremely boring Luann.

Sonja is a clown. A drunken slurring caricature of what she was when she first came on the show. Every events devolves to her screaming incoherently and the others trying to get her to go to bed. Frankly it’s boring and repetitive.

Bershon was absolutely right. She just doesn’t have the standing to tell these truths.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Eboni did say that she didn't want to put on the "colonizer's uniform". I remember because I rolled my eyes and was expecting a follow up lecture that surprisingly didn't come. 

And maybe there was, but they haven’t shown it.  Maybe it will turn up in a never before “scene.”  But hopefully if they keep Eboni they will cut most of her lecture scenes or even more viewers will likely stop watching NY.  Including me.🙁

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Avaleigh said:

Eboni's comment was made in a TH, not at the site from what we were shown.  I rewatched and took notes because I'm that person (or I was extremely tired and cranky at work so it seemed like a good use of my time 😀). 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

Eboni and Leah have both stated they were very close to their grandmothers. Apparently except for at the end of their lives, if they can't even make the time to be there.  Dementia is not an excuse not to bother. When my grandmother was lingering in March of 2006 and my dad in October of 2013, we camped out at the hospital. It wouldn't have occured to me to be anywhere else. Sometimes you should put your own life on hold when someone you love is at the end of theirs. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Feech said:

A sober Luann is a boring Grandma. No falling in a bush. No more drunken hookups that you defend bleary eyed wearing shades saying “Don’t be all un-cool.” A sober Luann is a supremely boring Luann.

Sonja is a clown. A drunken slurring caricature of what she was when she first came on the show. Every events devolves to her screaming incoherently and the others trying to get her to go to bed. Frankly it’s boring and repetitive.

Bershon was absolutely right. She just doesn’t have the standing to tell these truths.

Totally agree. Sonja is definitely a drunken, delusional mess and she has been for years. 

I rolled my eyes again when she started talking about "her family". How many years has she been divorced and out of that family? Hasn't her ex been remarried for some time? Let it go.

• Love 10

But in times of Covid, it could easily be that both their grandmothers were hospitalized or in hospice at the end, and visitation was severely limited, if it happened at all.  My great-uncle died alone of dementia coupled with Covid, not even his wife was allowed to be with him at the end.  There was no whole extended family camping out in the hospital in 2020.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, halkatla said:

To me, I just don´t understand this unwillingness to learn more, like in Salem. If I was anywhere that had a history of such a weird event like the witch trials I would want to know more about it and what led up to it.

And if they really think that there were no good deeds happening back then, no men with good morals and none who fought against injustice (like slavery), then that is just extremely sad (and ignorant).

Also, to add: Personally I find it offensive to even insinuate that every homestead had slaves or that the people living there would have wanted to own a slave if that was possible. I can hardly think of anything more hurtful to say about ones ancestors, when it is so far from the truth (servants of all skin tones are not the same as slaves brought over from Africa). It also just bothers me when history is viewed through a narrow and distorted lens.

There is no indication that Eboni would be willing to learn or be respectful to other cultures and experiences. The struggles of the Pilgrims to survive religious persecution are meaningless to her. Everything and everybody is to be viewed through the prism of the black experience or it has no value or importance.

To expect these ignorant sows to care about anything but their next meal and glass of wine they can inhale through their masks is a bridge too far.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 7/14/2021 at 4:15 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I only got as far as the tattoo scene. Leah shaking and crying when Eboni tried to announce her grandmother died was so cringeworthy and fake. Ebonis display also seemed fake. Leah and Eboni got their grandmas names tattooed on them even though they didn’t go to them at their death beds. 
I cannot take any more of Eboni trying to enlighten who she considers white women of privilege. I can’t stand the language her and Leah use when they pat themselves on the back for educating the ignorant. SHUT UP.

I found this episode amusing in that both Leah and Eboni are so unaware of how ridiculous they sound. Leah once again claims that Ramona has an amazing talent of finding a way to be annoying in every situation. Says the person who is annoying in pretty much every situation. I had to laugh at Leah who is insulted that anyone thinks that getting a tattoo is defacing their body, but says she never gets tattoos on her left hand as she doesn't want to take away from the wedding ring she hopes to wear on it some day. Lol. But don't tattoos add, not take away, Leah? And Leah, I think you are likely safe to tat up your left hand. Cover it, in fact. 

Then we have Eboni, who claims that the others (sans Leah of course) are "white women living in an affluent, elite bubble".  Says the person who cannot go on a trip without a hair/make person in tow. Same with Leah. What idiots. 

Then we have Bershan, continually calling Sonja a clown. Bershan, the person whose make up gun is set to "clown".  

Ramona defecating on the floor of her bathroom didn't bother me a lot, as she obviously didn't know it. And appears that she went back in to clean it up, Not sure how that would happen but Ramona does seem to have some issues in that department. What bothered me was Sonja, knowing it was on the bottom of her boots, but continuing to walk around on the carpeted floors. Ewww. And yuck. I hope these hotels do a thorough cleaning of rooms, including carpet shampooing, after the howives leave. The howives have been on enough trips that anyone hosting them should be forewarned by production. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Feech said:

Standing never stopped Leah. I still have trouble understanding how it's OK for Leah to make ageist remarks and call everyone Ho's constantly, but Betshon calls a clown a clown and everyone starts clutching pearls. Including Leah!

• Love 19
(edited)
6 hours ago, halkatla said:

don´t have a problem with people not doing certain things they are not comfortable with, absolutely not, but I found the delivery of the reasons why from Bershan/Ebony to be smug and disrespectful.

I mean Lu and Ramona were the first to not wear them and were much more disrespectful to the tour guides about it than Eboni and Bershan who just didn’t say anything. Eboni was respectful of the tour and seemed to appreciate that they also highlighted the wigwam. The pilgrims were colonizers and had a devastating impact on the people who were already here when they came and acknowledging that isn’t disrespectful it’s being accurate about our country’s founding.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/14/2021 at 4:38 PM, Hangin Out said:

still like Bershan.  Don’t blame her for her outburst.  She was told to say all those things by Bravo.  Bring it up or get out.  All rehearsed.

Yep!  I would bet money that this is exactly what took place.

18 hours ago, ancslove said:

Plus, Bershan was absolutely rude.

Maybe she was; maybe she wasn't.  How many hours of film do they shoot for each of these 42-minute long episodes?  (Brian Moylan mentioned it somewhere in his book. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I was shocked.)  There's probably five hours of B-roll from the Italian restaurant dinner alone.

The "narrative" that results is all about the editing.

My guess is that after the "altercation" that is this week's To Be Continued cliffhanger occurred, the producers cherry-picked the footage to come up with some sort of narrative ark to hang it on.

Bershon was certainly not wrong about the observations she made.  The women are boring—not necessarily because some of them don't drink but because all of them—with the possible exception of Eboni–aare shallow, materialistic and have the inner lives of amoebae.  Sonja is a clown.  The three legacy Housewives are the age of grandmothers.

I mean, maybe Bershan's outburst did come completely out of nowhere as it appeared to on what was shown in the 42-minute episode, but it's just as likely that it was built up to slowly and even conversationally.  We audience members will never know because Bravo sits on its production secrets like some kind of demented nesting chicken.

Same is true of Ramona's "poop."  She's fairly fastidious about her person; I don't honestly think she would let a problem like fecal incontinence go untreated if she even suspected she had it.

All we have by way of proof that the stuff on the floor was fecal matter are Sonja's squeals.  And since Sonja has a verified incontinence problem, this could easily be projection.

Edited by Maximona
wrong word
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Maximona said:

poop."  She's fairly fastidious about her person; I don't honestly think she would let a problem like fecal incontinence go untreated if she even suspected she had it.

She has acknowledged it happening on past trips and acted like it wasn’t a big deal. This isn’t the first or even second time. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Maximona said:

And that means she wouldn't do something about it?  😊

Just askin'!  😊

It’s literally been happening for years so it doesn’t appear to be a priority for her. She has also left it to be cleaned up by the staff before.

• Love 6