Type keyword(s) to search

Homestead Rescue - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Marty Raney, together with his daughter Misty and son Matt, help people aspiring to live the off-the-grid life survive the homestead experience. 

Anybody out there watching this show?   :)

I just discovered this show a few months ago, so I'm trying to catch up on re-runs, but I'm watching the new ones as they come out.  I guess we can start with any episode you guys want to talk about!  I just saw one of their early episodes where they were leaving their original home and starting their adventure on "The Forty."  They were building the cart & cable system to get them over the river.   It's a little sad seeing how excited they were at that point, not knowing that their cabin will burn down just a few years from then.  Luckily they were already building their new cabin, so at least they had something to be excited about after the fire.  

As for the latest episode, I saw the one with the couple who live in Juneau and were basically stuck in the mud.  Watching Misty procure an old boat for $20 was pretty awesome!  Great idea by turning it into a chicken/turkey coop.   I'm glad that the Raney's were able to fix the foundation on their home.  I find all of the fixes and unusual ideas that the Raney's come up with to be so fascinating.  I may never have occasion to use those ideas, but in case I do, I'm glad to have seen them demonstrated.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 1

Mine's been recording from The Animal Planet channel.  I've got my DVR set to record new episodes & re-runs, but it never gets it right!  I've got one on there that recorded last weekend that I've got to catch up on.  I can't keep up with them either since my DVR won't record them correctly!  I don't know what the problem is.  I've deleted it off of the list and started over.

I would like to see Marty's cabin since they got settled in.  I saw the episode where they finished it to the point that it was livable, but I haven't seen it since they completely finished it (if they have!)   I've always wondered if Matt lives in the round (yurt?) structure that was next to their old (burned down) cabin.   I admire their tenacity in living off the grid.  The way things are going, I wish I had their skills!  

• Love 1

I think Matt mostly lives in Hawaii with his wife and baby.  Misty spends a lot of time in Hawaii too, since that is where her husband is from.  I can't ever decide if I like Marty at all, but I do like the show.  I do think it's a waste of time for Matt ( in the older seasons) to spend so much time teaching people to hunt for food, since most places have limited hunting seasons for non-natives.  Teaching homesteaders to manage livestock and protect from predation seems to be a better use of time.  In earlier seasons, I resented being told that "a friendly neighbor" helped procure a huge industrial piece of equipment or helped finish a build.  This season, they mention that there are other construction employees on the site and the equipment is rented.  

• Love 1

The saddest situation was the family who had lost one home to Katrina and another to fire, and were now situated in a family property covered with toxic mud from a leak.  The family was so supportive of one another and the adult children were determined to help their parents, even if it meant that their own dreams had to be put aside.  

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, azprimadonna said:

I think Matt mostly lives in Hawaii with his wife and baby.  Misty spends a lot of time in Hawaii too, since that is where her husband is from.

I thought they moved to Alaska.  His wife talks about adopting that lifestyle and that she likes it, but I've missed so many episodes that I really don't know what's going with them!  Misty and her husband recently built a cabin in Alaska.  I wonder if they are there full-time.  It is a pretty small cabin for three!  

I've been watching. One thing I was wondering... When they were working on their new cabin and trying to get the oil tank across the water (was it a river? large stream?) and Marty was driving the truck with the tank on the ice and breaking through and having to be pulled back out and then rethinking how to do it, etc., all I could think was, how are they going to get oil deliveries once that oil runs out? It wasn't a huge tank and it will run out before the winter is over. I really didn't get it. If they can get their own vehicles to the site, why were they contorting trying to get that oil tank delivered and doing it by crossing the water? (And I admit, it was a while ago that I saw it and I was probably half watching, so there's that...) I did like that they made a dog house for their pup. It was cute.

Edited by Teri313
I'll always find a mistake
On 9/7/2021 at 9:23 PM, Teri313 said:

When they were working on their new cabin and trying to get the oil tank across the water (was it a river? large stream?) and Marty was driving the truck with the tank on the ice and breaking through and having to be pulled back out and then rethinking how to do it, etc., all I could think was, how are they going to get oil deliveries once that oil runs out?

I remember him crossing the river on the ice, but I can't remember the specifics of what he was hauling.  I'd have to go back and watch those episodes to know the answer to your question!  I thought they just had a wood burning fireplace, and possibly smaller propane tanks and/or solar energy for the water heater and stove.  I just can't remember what they were using!  They can haul the small stuff across the river in the overhead basket.  Maybe he's got some sort of system rigged up for having a delivery truck on one side of the river with a hose running from it to the other side to fill up smaller tanks, but that would be risky.  

Could he have been using the tank for some other purpose?  They are really good at repurposing things!  If I ever see that episode again, I'll pay attention to the details! 

• Love 1

What is this?! An episode from 2020 is nuts. A young couple borrowed $25k to buy 1 1/2 acres in Tornado Alley, Mo. Raggedy ass cabin, no utilities, no running water, no radio, no cellphone, no crops, no animals, wandering bears, millions of ticks, filth, rotting food, and killer trees! Well, Marty kept saying the trees would fall on their cabin and they’d be DEAD. 

He may build a tornado shelter. Misty may figure out how Cheyenne can grow food. Maybe Matt kills him a bear? Hard to imagine this enterprise is still going.

Kudos to the editors, though!

ETA: holy crap, Marty says, thinking as an Alaskan is far superior to an engineer, an architect or some vaguely over-educated dude. Think I may have found the audience for this. Hey, Marty, maybe button up your shirt. 🤮

Edited by buttersister
  • LOL 2
On 10/11/2021 at 11:31 PM, buttersister said:

What is this?! An episode from 2020 is nuts.

Most of the episodes on Dish are labeled as "new," so I'm not really sure what is actually new and what isn't!  

I've decided that a lot of the people who go off grid are really naïve as to how difficult it is to homestead.  I applaud their efforts, but some of them should've stayed in the 'burbs!   The show is interesting though and I pick up some helpful ideas for gardening from Misty.  She's pretty smart in that department.   

• Love 1

Misty is my favorite. But since the others (Marty and son, homesteaders) frequently seem like cartoon characters, not sure that's the biggest compliment ever. Some members of some families seem nice.

I'm not a live-in-the-middle-of-nowhere person, so I don't get the attraction, but no water, no power, no toilet,  dangerous water/food supply, if any, critters that kill all seems nuts to me.

Homesteading seems like an industry, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there equipped for that lifestyle. Would some of these people be homeless otherwise? Or incapable of being part of society? I don't mean to sound too harsh here (for a change), but honestly, one family lived with water that had brain-eating parasites in it and only moved away because they had a baby. 

10 minutes ago, buttersister said:

I'm not a live-in-the-middle-of-nowhere person, so I don't get the attraction, but no water, no power, no toilet,  dangerous water/food supply, if any, critters that kill all seems nuts to me.

In this day and age, I can appreciate those who can live off-grid and provide for themselves, but I don't have the skills to do it.    If I had the know-how though, I'd definitely want a decent home to live in.  What drives me nuts is how disheveled looking some of those properties are.  I know that sounds petty, but I couldn't live with a bunch of junk and other assorted stuff laying around.  It's too chaotic looking for me.  I have to have neatness and organization.  It doesn't have to be a big house, just a tidy one and a somewhat clutter-free yard!!  I'd want the out-buildings and barn somewhere other than the front yard.  

The latest episode I saw was the couple in Idaho with the dome-style house out in the middle of nowhere.  The predators alone would be pretty scary, but they didn't seem too fazed by them, even with all of the carcasses of the dead animals within a stones throw of their abode!  I'm assuming this was the latest episode because for some reason, Dish is listing every repeat & new episode as new.   

They didn't have much flat land around them.  I wouldn't care for that setup.  Good for them for embracing the solitude and trying to make a go of it out there!  I enjoyed watching the dogs chase that bear up a tree!  Nobody was fazed by that either!   

We just started watching on Discovery+. We've seen what is listed there as Season 1, Episodes 1-3 so far. 

I just wonder why these people ask for help and then offer so much resistance? So far in each episode that’s been the prevailing theme. Do the producers tell them to get upset and make idiotic objections to every suggestion the Raney’s make? I would enjoy the show so much more if the people showed some appreciation and cooperated right from the start.

6 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I would enjoy the show so much more if the people showed some appreciation and cooperated right from the start.

It gets better!  They come across quite a few people that are thrilled that they're helping them.  I think some of them are resistant to change, even though it's meant to make their lives better, and in some cases to save their lives.  I figure some of them have bruised egos over their lack of knowledge and their failures.   Seems like the most common theme is that people get overwhelmed at homesteading and didn't think it would be so hard.   It's nice when they have the cooperative folks!!

• Love 1

Has anyone seen the Hawaii episode with Graham Nash's son, Jackson?  I thought it was odd that they live in such squalor and for so long.  Jackson is supposed to be worth millions, so you would think that he would hire people to help them take control of their flooding homestead, and make it live able.  People may live as they want, but, he can afford to help the people around him with good jobs.  Just a thought.

I caught the last 10 or so minutes. Bizarre at best. If he has the money he’s reported to have, living like that mostly looks like mental or emotional illness.

His dad dumped Jackson’s mother (they were married for decades) for someone less than half his age. I’ve seen Graham Nash perform in every iteration of his career—the less I know about him, the better, it seems.

Marty, you’re no drummer, btw. That whole setup looked sad.

Just started watching this on a whim on DiscoveryPlus...

I'm suburban born and bred, and I spent a good chunk of my adult life living in a major city. The closest I've come to anything even approximating rural life was when I lived in a Midwestern college town where "rural" was a 10-minute drive in any direction. I had a house but it was in TOWN...and there were plenty of times when even mowing the damn lawn was more than I wanted to deal with. Right now I'm debating whether I even want another house or if condo life is in my future...

So people who, in the 21st Century, choose to live way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, with no infrastructure except whatever they're able to build/make themselves, fascinate me. That said: I just finished watching S1E2 and even I know that:

• "100% free-range pig farming" isn't a thing
  • Some kind of actual toilet is necessary
  • There's only so much knowledge you're going to get from the goddamn YouTube

I would LOVE to know if that couple is still homesteading. 

Edited by ExMathMajor

Is it my imagination or are some of these people dumb as rocks?  Just discovered this show and there are some great ideas from the Raney's but, sheesh, who builds a house in a floodplain and wants somebody to come and "fix it" without moving the dwelling? Or builds at the base of a mountain and is surprised when boulders rain down on them?

• LOL 1
On 9/7/2021 at 3:44 PM, ChitChat said:

I can't seem to get any new episodes.  I've got my DVR set to record both new and reruns, but it's not recording them.  Have there been new ones on?  Anybody watching it anymore?  

I don't have TV service but am easily able to keep up with everything online.  There is a website "premierdate.news" where you can set up a free account, select the shows you want to track and they will email you in advance the dates of new seasons starting, and also when additional seasons have been approved by a network.  Also you can do a search for the name of any show followed by "next episode" and usually the first result will be from "next-episode.net" which will tell you when the last episode was, what season and episode of that show it was, and same for the next episode.  This is especially useful when shows skip weeks between episodes, to find out when it will resume.

On 11/1/2021 at 8:37 PM, ChitChat said:

In this day and age, I can appreciate those who can live off-grid and provide for themselves, but I don't have the skills to do it.    If I had the know-how though, I'd definitely want a decent home to live in.

I agree!  I'm a homesteader, partner and I raise and hunt almost all of our own meat and lots of our own produce, working towards 100% food independence, but are not and do not want to be off-grid, have a nice, comfortable house he built himself before I met him with electricity, central heat and air, modern kitchen appliances, etc., though it is a fairly simple and basic design, big enough for two people but no more, at least not without adding a second bathroom and third bedroom in the unfinished basement or something but we have no plans for that, or any more people moving in.  In case of power outage we do have a couple wood stoves and plenty of natural wood on the property to be heat-independent as well if necessary, could also cook with fire if necessary and we often do this anyway because we enjoy it.  We do plan to get an outdoor furnace and heat with wood before too long to make heat independence easier, and to save money on heating expenses.  He lived here without internet for decades and still rarely uses it but I didn't move in until after having Starlink set up, so glad that is an option now.  :)

On 2/21/2022 at 12:12 PM, ExMathMajor said:
  • There's only so much knowledge you're going to get from the goddamn YouTube

True, but I did learn most of what I know about homesteading from YouTube and there is tons of valuable information there, have been putting a lot of it to good use.  Also some of the people with homesteading channels on YT have also written books with great info including building plans for livestock shelters and fencing systems, greenhouses, other gardening info and such.  One of them I know of also has his own website, charging a small membership fee which allows subscribers to ask questions about the lifestyle and have it answered by him and other subscribers, who are all dedicated to this lifestyle and full of knowledge and helpful tips.

This show is definitely over-dramatic with the "these trees are going to kill you!", "forest fire/flood/rocks/wildlife is going to destroy this place any minute!", "your whole homestead could fall into this sinkhole!" type statements, and I don't believe the timelines, that they supposedly get all of what is shown done in a week or whatever.  At least they admit now that crews help them but I still think timelines are fudged.  Also think/know a lot of it is acting, not reality.  Still interesting, though.  :)

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Boxer Woman said:

There is a website "premierdate.news" where you can set up a free account, select the shows you want to track and they will email you in advance the dates of new seasons starting, and also when additional seasons have been approved by a network.

Thanks for the info!  The show is back on, and I've got Dish Network so I'm able to see the new ones.  I'm happy for the family who was gifted the little schoolhouse cabin.  Looks like they've got some great neighbors!  Doing a reno on the bus in order to make it livable was probably going to cost too much money, so being able to turn it into a greenhouse was a great idea.  I like how the Raney's take as much stuff from the property & nature in order to make the renovations so that the homesteaders don't have to come up with a large amount of money in order to make their property work.  I do wonder if the show funds any of the stuff they end up buying though.

Back to the little cabin, I love it!  I'm curious as to what updates it will need in order to make it more energy efficient.  Were the walls sealed enough for the wintertime, or will it need some work?  Looks like it could use new windows.  I saw the gaps around them.  I was surprised that they left the little wood burning heater on top of the wood floor.  It needs to be on top of something fireproof.  

9 hours ago, Boxer Woman said:

I'm a homesteader, partner and I raise and hunt almost all of our own meat and lots of our own produce, working towards 100% food independence,

Sounds like you're doing great!  I admire all of you out there forging your own way like that.   

• Like 2

I liked the young couple from Delta Junction, they were amenable to every suggestion.  That's one energetic young mom!  It was interesting to hear them say that the solarium was a fail when they did the follow up.  I wonder if it was just too overcast or the snow covered too much window space.  I have a sunroom with vertical windows and it lets in a lot of solar even on a cloudy day.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Cetacean said:

It was interesting to hear them say that the solarium was a fail when they did the follow up. 

I just watched this episode.  She said that it helped heat the home in the Fall, but not in the winter.  She didn't say if the herbs/vegetables they were growing there did okay or not, just that it wasn't enough to heat the home.

They have one of the nicest homes we've seen on this show, and that's a lot of house to heat in that environment!  I'm glad that the Raney's were able to help them out.  I wish them much success with their homestead.  

• Like 3

It seems like most of the shows I post regarding I am hate watching. But I really love this show. It makes me happy. There is something about it that is going in the right direction, building up and not down, that it just gives me hope. I feel peaceful watching it. I can pick on some things but I don't wanna. I just like it.

When I first started watching it I thought 'why are people so dumb? Don't they do any research about the land they buy, the kinds of skills they need to so this?'.  But that gave way to just enjoying watching the Raneys come in and do stuff. I love to watch these people take a problem and figure out a way to make it work. It isn't always pretty and it doesn't always work perfectly over the long haul (it can, but I can see some things won't, over time). But it's great to see them try and work things out.

I hope this shows goes on for years.

• Like 1

I like to see Misty's creative answers to growing food and Matt figuring out how to keep the livestock safe.

I would love to see a full follow up on some of these folks after a couple of years. Are they still at it?  Successful?  Did they keep up with all of the changes that were made?

It's a tough life, that's for sure.  I need my full bathroom. thank you.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

When I first started watching it I thought 'why are people so dumb?

It seems that sometimes people go into this lifestyle lacking the skills/knowledge that it takes to start and maintain it.  Sometimes it's just bad luck that hits a homestead.  It was a shame that this latest couple's original A-Frame ended up being bug-infested, along with other issues.  That was just unfortunate for them.   I'm glad the Raney's could help get them back on their feet.  I hope they were able to finish the new A-Frame.  

1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

I like to see Misty's creative answers to growing food and Matt figuring out how to keep the livestock safe.

I also enjoy watching Misty come up with clever ideas for gardens that present such challenges.  She has some very unique ideas that wouldn't be too hard to implement.  

I need my full bathroom. thank you.

I'll second that!  

15 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I'm glad the Raney's could help get them back on their feet.  I hope they were able to finish the new A-Frame.  

I wonder why there was no "three months later" update at the end.  I hope they didn't throw in the towel after all that work!

And those ostrich chicks were adorable.

• Like 1

I wonder why there was no "three months later" update at the end.  I hope they didn't throw in the towel after all that work!

I wondered about that too.  I hope the young woman is okay, given that she's had some health issues.  They still had a bit of work to do in order to finish the inside of the a-frame.  At least the Raney's gave them a fighting chance.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, buttersister said:

What’s with Marty’s penchant for showing his old man chest?

Since he already wears his shirt half open in the freezing temperatures, I think he's hot natured and can't handle even the slightest bit of heat.  I'm not sure when they filmed this latest episode.  They did say that it gets hot in Washington.  I'd advise that he wear a white cotton t-shirt for such occasions (so as to reflect the light!) 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
20 hours ago, Cetacean said:

In one episode where it as nearly 100, he took his shirt off altogether.

I think he's a nice-looking man, but I'd prefer it if he'd leave his shirt on or wear a light t-shirt!!  Misty should tell him that nobody wants to see that!  :) 

Am I the only one who thinks being stuck on a barren wasteland with non-stop howling winds is hardly a place for those with PTSD?  Sure the mountains were nice but they were so far in the distance that they were barely a feature.  Nothing between but sand and tumbleweed.

I didn't find any of that comforting or peaceful in the least.

Cute animals, though.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, T Summer said:

On s11 e 1 "Where the wild wind blows" aired Nov 19, 23 did anyone see where the homesteaders were getting their water supply? 

The water situation wasn't addressed.  There was one quick shot of a spigot with a drop of water so I am assuming there was a well but seems odd in that desert area.

• Thanks 1
On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, T Summer said:

On s11 e 1 "Where the wild wind blows" aired Nov 19, 23 did anyone see where the homesteaders were getting their water supply? [I had to take a phone call during the episode and missed it.] Thanks.

On 11/20/2023 at 3:51 PM, Orcinus orca said:

The water situation wasn't addressed.  There was one quick shot of a spigot with a drop of water so I am assuming there was a well but seems odd in that desert area.

According to a GoFMe post:

February 27th, 2022by Drew Bankey, Organizer

Just a quick update on where the donation money is going .. here is a pic of just a small bit what your generous donation have blessed us with.

-pulse oximeter
-car seat
-thermometer
-diapers
-baby wipes
-gas to go back and forth to hospital and home
-replaced a tire that picked up a nail
-baby swing
-breast pump and needed parts/baby bottles
-breast milk supplements
-baby clothes and blankets
-baby bath tub
-misc other items and expenses
- were able to make an appt to have our well drilled! ($10,000!)

There are no updates as to whether the drilling was successful or whether they have progressed to full indoor plumbing.

I noticed that neither the "guest cabin" on top of the barn nor the daughter's "studio" were wired for electricity or plumbing or had a heat source.

Also, I don't know where she worked as a "professional nurse." She has held no nursing licenses anywhere in the US and no professional licenses whatsoever in the state of Colorado.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Orcinus orca and my extremely thorough friend @eel2178 !

I really thought they must have covered it when I turned my attention away briefly, but I saw it air a second time and still didn't notice them address it. I'd written it off to my possibly having dozed off...

but, thank you. It seems they barely did.

(edited)

Texas Rift air date 1/07/24:  Good grief.

Older brother Andrew and his wife Ashley (?) insist that the purpose of founding this homestead was to have family togetherness and take care of mom and little brother (late teen I think). However, as Marty pointed out subtly, no one seems to be actually taking care of mom and the power dynamics are way off kilter.

Andrew and wife have a tiny home that has hot and cold runnning water, a shower/tub, and a washer/maybe dryer. Mom has none of these things until very recently Andrew graciously ran some cold water to her tiny home. That's it. Just a line of cold water. They didn't say if little brother had any water in his tiny home. The homes are grouped together and the animals (lots of animals) live 'free range' or in cages right there among the homes.

Honestly, I think mom was sweet and as kind and good natured as she could be but I think inside she is deeply regretting selling her home in order to place herself at the mercy of Andrew and wife. Little brother is under Andrew's thumb. Wife talks a good game but it was clear to me that she sees herself as the queen bee of the property and wants all the best for herself.

When It was suggested that little brother move out onto the back of the property and set up his own home there and get some space you could see how unwelcome this idea was to Andrew and wife. We all have to stay with mom!  We all have to work together to take care of mom!  And wife actually says 'what if we want to move there and start our own separate home and expand our family?'  Andrew diverted away from that statement quickly and emphasized poor mom again. No one asked mom what she wanted and little brother was unhappy. Marty really wanted to move little brother out there and they all were shocked at the reception this idea got. After letting them think overnight it was very very clear that Andrew and wife demanded things remain as they were and unhappy little brother woodenly said it was 'the right thing to do' and he'd stay with the rest. You could really tell he was not happy.

Andrew was a huge lump who really did very little of the work while the team was there. He said multiple times that he was learning so much just watching Marty work. Marty is no fool so when Andrew tried a few times to remove a large metal post from the ground and declared he needed Marty to handle it Marty said no. Marty made him do it while Marty watched. That was great! Marty also took him to task about mom's home having almost no facilities and water while Andrew and wife had everything and told the two brothers that they needed to fix it today. No help, just do it themselves. And they did it pretty easily really. Andrew and wife left mom like that for a year and a half I think it was, and it only took someone forcing Andrew to do something and the two brothers got it done in less than a day.

Honestly, I hated Andrew and his wife. They wanted Marty and his team to do it all and it was only Marty, Missy, and Matt who made them do things on their own homestead. I felt bad for little brother he was so good at hunting right away and really wanted to have some independence and for mom who was completely reliant on those two lumps of crap for everything. I hope they will be okay out there. I don't trust Andrew and his wife as far as I could throw 'em.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
Finally remembered Matt's name. I was on Benadryl last night so was a little loopy.
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Texas Rift air date 1/07/24:  Good grief.

Everything you said above x1000.

That was just a very weird episode and I would be shocked if they are all still out there together. Got very evil vibes from the husband and wife, almost like they had some sort of cult thing going.  Mom was showering with cold water out behind some building?  But she was the excuse for the whole compound idea?  Puh-leaze.

I hope the young brother runs as soon as he can. 

• Like 2

The mom's shower!  I had forgotten about that. Yes, she was showering under a cold hose draped over a tree outside and was very happy to have an indoor shower/tub now.  Andrew and his wife had hot water and a shower/tub(?) inside all that time. They were such pieces of crap.

• Like 1
(edited)

Georgia Clay Mayday S10 E23

Gah, do people even LOOK at the land before buying it? I've been speed-binge-watching and honestly the number of places that are swamps or have no water source at all, etc - the Texas Rift compound that floods regularly and cuts off 90% of the land, the lady whose outhouse is regularly rinsed across her property, and now Georgia's swamp land. (ETA the Texas family of 5? that bought a rotted shithole of a house and did nothing to fix it at all. Had they never even seen the place before buying?? That's not even something you'd miss depending on the season like flooding, etc.)

The little girl with her "calling" to apparently abuse animals to death while planning to live off of her goat milk production. Becca thinks she can make bank off of local goat milk sales? Dead animals in every hovel, whole groups of animals dying off from hoof rot or parasites or predators or pneumonia from living conditions. Jesus.

Edited by CoyoteBlue
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Gah, do people even LOOK at the land before buying it?

The more of these I watch, the more I question the sanity of these people.  Is it the "romance" of homesteading?  I'd like to see if any of these folks are still on those awful places a year later.  Once in a while there is one that seems somewhat normal but for the most part I think they are all total idiots.

No way in hell Becca "the goat lady" is still there working that place alone.  And allowing those animals to live (and die) in that filth should have been something the ASCPA would prosecute for.

• Like 1