Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Drunk In Love

jewel21
  • Start Topic

While in Mexico, Zoey and Aaron find themselves in trouble following their first night out as a couple. Ana debates with Jazz about Javi and the status of their relationship. Doug and Luca continue on their excursion with two local ladies.

Airdate: 07/15/2021

Ana/Javy is exhausting. This is why you have the conversations about previous sexual partners, STDs/health concerns, birth control, etc. BEFORE you have sex with someone. 

Hopefully, that’s the point of this storyline.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, woodstock said:

Ana/Javy is exhausting. This is why you have the conversations about previous sexual partners, STDs/health concerns, birth control, etc. BEFORE you have sex with someone. 

Hopefully, that’s the point of this storyline.

This show is becoming an advertisement on the benefits of celibacy

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, Aileen said:

The Covid twist was a gut punch.

The timeline does not add up though. Last episode they're talking like it's Mid July 2020 (starting senior year, "she's still in Japan for the olympics") but Covid "officially" came to the US in Jan/Feb 2020 (I still say it was way more widespread but unknown before then).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/18/2021 at 11:00 AM, Skyfall said:

The timeline does not add up though. Last episode they're talking like it's Mid July 2020 (starting senior year, "she's still in Japan for the olympics") but Covid "officially" came to the US in Jan/Feb 2020 (I still say it was way more widespread but unknown before then).

Absolutely. I read a comment to that effect on fb yesterday and it’s totally right. It makes no sense.

• Love 1
On 7/18/2021 at 12:00 PM, Skyfall said:

They might be taking TV show liberties with the timing. Kind of an interesting choice to introduce the storyline now, it seemed like they were going to bypass it.

I'm finding it harder and harder to like the show anymore though. It went from being such a fun, nostalgic look at kids having their college experience and then they wandered down so many unrelatable paths. 

Like, what was the point of Nomi's pregnancy storyline if the baby doesn't stop her from jetting off to Mexico with her friends or affect her lifestyle much. Zoey and Luca both seem to live this impossibly jet set lifestyle (did we ever get any background on Luca? Does he just come from money or what?), Aaron had his standoff with the school, etc, Skye's going to the Olympics, etc. 

I miss the days of partying vs studying, girl code, and silly stuff like that. And the Zoey and Aaron stuff just doesn't feel earned. Aaron always seemed like the guy who was really into her and hung around hoping her relationships with other guys wouldn't work out. But she was never really running to him, he was more like the fallback option when the guys who really interested her didn't work out.

I'm not sure if it was this episode or the other one where they were keeping Zoey in jail, but that had a real menacing undertone to it. Like, we're going to let you go, guy, but we're keeping your girl here alone with us.

And I didn't really understand Zoey's surprise and pleasure to find that Aaron had stayed there all night. Did she really think he was just going to zip back to the hotel and catch some Z's while she was in a Mexican prison??

• Love 4

I don't really think it was menacing to keep her in jail after she confessed to theft. She apparently told them she did it and Aaron was innocent, so they had no reason to hold him, and plenty to hold her. I was more irritated that they let her go with basically no consequences. It seemed like a tourist's slap on the wrist. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't really think it was menacing to keep her in jail after she confessed to theft. She apparently told them she did it and Aaron was innocent, so they had no reason to hold him, and plenty to hold her. I was more irritated that they let her go with basically no consequences. It seemed like a tourist's slap on the wrist. 

I guess, but in terms of safety, it seemed incredibly foolish for her to take the rap. I guess it was supposed to show she cared about him or whatever, but in terms of danger, it seems like leaving a woman alone in a prison in a foreign country carries a higher risk than Aaron staying behind. Best case scenario would be they both admit to it and stay together.

• Love 1

This is why we don't get drunk, marry our college boyfriend/girlfriend, and steal random novelty crap, especially while in a foreign country. Aaron and Zoey are almost as exhausting as Ana/Javi. I wish that this trip to Mexico was a lot more fun and a lot less stress. 

So they are doing the "lets re-do 2020 because it was so much fun the first time" thing that a lot of shows have done, which really feels off timeline wise, and makes me wonder what this season would even be like if their school is closed and everyone spends all season on Zoom. I wonder if they will do something like what Black-ish did, and have a big Covid two parter and then just time jump to post Covid? I thought that they would just skip it. 

• Love 2