Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Bad Apples

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Captain James leads Micki and the team into a drug bust with a dirty cop, Officer Campbell at the center. However, after Campbell is inexplicably set free, the cop targets the Captain's son, DJ, in retaliation. Walker gives Trey advice on his future.

Airdate: 07/15/2021

Stella:  "You have to go back to the Rangers, dad!  There is so much evil and corruption in law enforcement and only you can defeat it with your hat, stubble, and Sam Winchester-like charm!"

Auggie:  "I just want you to go back so you can quit making me sand chairs all the damn time."

Sometimes August really is the most relatable character here.

They certainly went all in with making this Campbell guy a complete scumbag.  Not just corrupt to the bone, but they made sure to let us know that he was racist and sexist (calling Micki "sweetheart" or something to that nature in the beginning) as well.  I think they just needed to have him be homophobic and they would have covered all of the bigotry bingo card.  Wonder if he'll be gone for good or is he going to end up being James' nemesis going forward.  Everyone needs at least one arch rival on television!

Hey, Bret is back!  Sure, he's moved on now with someone else, but he's now joining Liam's campaign team and while he said they're going to keep things "professional", well... this is television.  That won't last for long!

Nice speech, Liam, but again, from what I heard about Texas, you'd probably get more votes by just saying "Vote for me!  I'm the guy who got shot by a good for nothing criminal, but then got back up and put him in the goddamn dirt!  Texas Forever!"

Looks like Walker and Trey have moved onto the "Take nice strolls on horseback" stage of their friendship!  I do think Trey going into psychology and maybe being a therapist of some kind could work for him, because he seems to have the mindset for it.  Not surprised that Micki supports him as well.  And, hey, they'll still find use for the hospital jacket she gave him.  She's totally talking about sexy times, right?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I'm not sure how much time has passed in Walker World but it felt too soon for Brett to have moved on from Liam to the extent that he did. Kinda hoping the 'let's just be friends' thing doesn't last and they reconcile for real. 

• Love 1

My PVR decided to stop recording this 4 minutes in and I finally just got around to watching it earlier this evening. I'm glad Walker is back with the Rangers and now hopefully we can stop with the leaving, joining, leaving again, storyline. 

I see Trey more in the medical field as a doctor but if he wants to be a psychologist instead that's fine with me. 

I liked the Captain's son and I'm sad he's already leaving. I liked his friendship with Stella.  He couldn't have stuck around a few more episodes?

Maybe I missed something but I never got the impression that Campbell was racist, but according to James' son, he was arrested for that reason.  I just thought Campbell was a dirty cop and retaliating for James snooping around.  I guess I must have sneezed and missed a scene.

There just certain storylines that really have no bearing on the show. I will leave it at that.

Trey and Mick just don't go together. 

I'm still waiting for Mick and Walker to.........

• Love 1
6 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Maybe I missed something but I never got the impression that Campbell was racist, but according to James' son, he was arrested for that reason.  I just thought Campbell was a dirty cop and retaliating for James snooping around.  I guess I must have sneezed and missed a scene.

There just certain storylines that really have no bearing on the show. I will leave it at that.

I'm still waiting for Mick and Walker to.........

He made a comment during his arrest to Captain James along the lines of "I thought you were one of the good ones." And later in the episode he called the Captain "Boy" and Micki started to call him on it but Captain James said to let it go. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2021 at 2:35 AM, thuganomics85 said:

They certainly went all in with making this Campbell guy a complete scumbag.  Not just corrupt to the bone, but they made sure to let us know that he was racist and sexist (calling Micki "sweetheart" or something to that nature in the beginning) as well.  I think they just needed to have him be homophobic and they would have covered all of the bigotry bingo card

Yep!  They sure covered all the 'white man bad' bases.  I've said this before here and on other show boards - I don't want to be preached to about social/political/whatever issues in my tv shows that I look to for escape and entertainment from the crazy world outside

James' son's rant: "I was targeted because I'm the son of a black ranger"

Me:  No, you were targeted because you're the son of A ranger by a corrupt cop said ranger is trying to take down and was using that to get James to back down  Race had nothing to do with it.  Again, show, slotting in racism where it clearly doesn't apply.  Between this and Micki's deportation jabs, I'm close to taking this show off my watch list

7 hours ago, rr2911 said:

They don't.  They really just don't. 

7 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I'm still waiting for Mick and Walker to......…

Second that!

On 7/16/2021 at 2:35 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Looks like Walker and Trey have moved onto the "Take nice strolls on horseback" stage of their friendship!

Trey has more chemistry with Walker than with Micki!

• Love 5
On 7/16/2021 at 6:16 AM, wlk68 said:

I'm not sure how much time has passed in Walker World but it felt too soon for Brett to have moved on from Liam to the extent that he did. Kinda hoping the 'let's just be friends' thing doesn't last and they reconcile for real. 

We know Augie said Walker hadn't talked about the RAngers for weeks.  And he went on his leave after the hostage situation which happened at least a few weeks after the tornado when Liam "confessed" his affair. So, I'd say at least 3 months.  If I were Brett's new guy, I wouldn't be happy with him working with/for his ex.  probably be a deal breaker. So, yeah, they'll probably get back together.