Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
greekmom

S06.E11: Man Up or Shut Up

Recommended Posts

On 7/10/2021 at 8:33 PM, magemaud said:

Did he say they arrived in separate cars? I figured they both came in the truck and stayed in the same hotel room but in different beds. What I can't believe is that Natalie was able to get up, get dressed, gather up her stuff and drive herself to the hospital without Mike waking up. She probably had to be there very early and maybe she wasn't answering her phone because she was on the operating table when he called? Mike saying he had "no idea" where she was? Where the heck did he think she was? So a producer drives him to the hospital and he sees the truck in the lot but instead of saying, "Oh good, she's here. I'm going to go see if I can find out what's going on" he drives off in the truck, basically stranding her at the hospital. That'll teach her a lesson, huh! 

From what I understood, Natalie decided she wanted to stay in a hotel in Seattle the night before, which makes sense if they're a distance from the hospital. Mike then said they had an argument about "OklahomaGate" again and Natalie was not willing to let it go. She said she was going to her friends house (I think the one they had dinner with) so left the hotel. Mike thought she was coming back to the hotel, it looked like production drove him. It was interesting that the doctor called Mike post surgery, that means she was expecting him to be there. 

I am sure he was not allowed in the hospital. My friend had 2 major surgeries in January, 2021, she had a stroke after the second due to too much anesthesia. Her husband was never allowed in, all communications were through phone. They even told Dave to go home, not to wait in the parking lot! 

I always crave Wendy's baked potatoes after surgery! 

Natalie & Mike are toxic, I do not like either one. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

I don’t know where the money is coming from either.  Asulo should watch the kids and Kalani should get an 8 hr job somewhere.  Same for the others who have husbands at home.  TLC is picking from the bottom of the barrel.  They are getting worse and worse every season.  The best part is they get plastic surgery as soon as they have a few bucks.  Yara buys the best of everything and had facial surgery already.  Living the American dream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kalani can't get an 8 hour a day job,  she's up all night nursing her the kids! 

I loved when Yara and Family Jovi were at the airport and Yara spotted Jovi and whispered "Jovi!".

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Couldn’t watch last night, but am trying now.  Can someone tell me how much a month Brandon and Julia’s apartment is ?  Very small rooms, few windows, six floors up, one bedroom.  I know it’s worth it to be alone, but I would be very claustrophobic in there.

Too much air time for Tiffany.  Why is that baby always crying?  There are Mothers, and then there are Mothers who are on the ball.  She is not on the ball.    About the apartment.  I wouldn’t live there for free.  Windows looked very small for a person to get out?  No fire escape.  Small rooms.  Someone just slapped on paint and fixed up the kitchen.  On sixth floor.  They should have looked some more.  Not a safe apartment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Hangin Out
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2021 at 12:48 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

I genuinely cackled at Jovi's "I have a bedtime now" with his bitchy face.  LOL.  So good.  You can tell that Jovi and Yara actually missed each other, which was sweet.  Was there no in-between downtown NOLA and some woods in the middle of nowhere?  Personally, I liked the quiet of the home, but is there not way to replicate that closer to the hustle and bustle?

I feel like I type this a whole lot...Angela is a disgusting, nasty POS.  I hate how she talks to people.  Michael might indeed be an asshole, but the idea that she's pissed that he didn't give her enough attention or crawl up her ass apologizing tells me that she just wants a "yes" boy to control.  And the power and racial dynamics make that very uncomfortable for me. Can they be done?! There is no new story here. 

Mike and Natalie continue to be the weirdest nuts.  Mike is a dick, and Natalie is a bit off her gourd.  I thanked Mr Trini as we watched b/c the 2 times I needed to have procedures done that would take me out, he was the sweetest, patient nurse.  For example, he fixed me food without rolling his eyes and being a douche canoe about it.  Apparently, boiling some potatoes was a big deal?  Besides his new possible racism with the Dixie glass that in reruns have been blurred, I find Mike to be terrible unattractive.  No ass, high pitched voice having mama's boy. 

Are we sure Brandon's parents aren't South Asian b/c that level of "oh dear, I guess we'll have to do it alone and work our poor souls to the bone SINCE YOU LEFT US TO DIE" seems really familiar and Indian to me...  I'm glad they got a place and I hope they are able to maintain it. They have to get off the farm.

Ronald is manipulative, but in the laziest way possible - He continues to use the kids to try to work his plan.  Bringing them to a fancy specialty store (that automatically means extra $$) and forcing the most expensive things is ridiculous. So, in that regard, I agree with Tiffany.  Tiffany, however, has made her bed with this one.  She's constantly pissy, combative, and has taken no responsibility that he's not a responsible father and is new to this.  Which then seems to push him, almost without fail, to start pulling the macho toxic bullshit "I'm the man of the house" when he barely has a pot to piss in.  This is Deaven and Jihoon levels of just walk away.   

Tampa trash is Tampa trash.  Aunt Sue seems like an enabling piece of work b/c from the looks of it Charlie was just to much to blame as Andrei. Honestly, this family is gross. 

I really wish that TLC would kick Angela to the curb already.  Her horrific verbal and emotional abusiveness of Michael is NOT entertaining.  Michael really is an adherent of sunken cost fallacy.  He's so far beyond having doubled down on getting to America with this nasty, gross, disgusting, obnoxious, miserable shrew of a human being, Angela.  By now he's 100 doubled down after all he's willing to put up with.  I used to feel sorry for him, but at this juncture, when he could easily walk away and give up on obtaining the American dream via his marriage to this hosebeast Angela, he continues to hang on, so it's now on him and bye-bye sympathy for that hanging on.  For purposes of OUR selfish entertainment, my wish is that Angela's unsexy Nigerian (there is NOTHING sexy about Michael - to me he looks like an African-American Charlie Brown, with his bowling ball round head and baby features face) needs to stick to what he's newly doing to her - disobeying and refusing to kowtow or apologize.  It tickles me every time that it pisses Angela off, because she's been so used to bullying him into submission towards her.  My dream scenario would be to finally watch her entire head blow up from her frustration with Michael's unwillingness to be her whipping boy any longer.  I HATE this disgusting woman, who is not much different from her pedophile daughter (isn't her age difference with Michael something like 30+ years?).  I wonder if Skyla [SP] also has some secretive skeleton in her closet.  She actually usually comes off very well in how she speaks, but I do think she has an undeserving blind loyalty towards her mother, but then again, as awful as Angela is she IS Skyla's mother, so it's understandable why she's so unquestioningly supportive of her mother.

I was hospitalized for almost a week back in the summer of 2018, and was out of it for much of that time (I literally have virtually no memory of what went on during my hospital stay or prior to leading up to it - I had to be taken there in an ambulance because I was so out of it and that's how my husband found me when he got back from a business trip).  What I DO remember is that almost every time I opened my eyes in the hospital my husband was there.  They allowed him extended visiting hours.  Upon returning home I was so weak, like a tiny little kitten.  My husband insisted on sleeping on the sofa and having me sleep in our downstairs guest bedroom so as not to disturb me but to be able to monitor me throughout the nights.  I had been hospitalized because of extreme kidney stones (my urologist told me I had the worst infection and case of it that he had ever dealt with, which is why I was so out of it during that time), and they had attached a nephrostomy tube and urine bag to me, which my husband would repeatedly empty for me night and day, even driving home from work mid-day for the week following my hospital stay (and we live 30-45 minutes from his work).  He did everything in his power to try to get me to eat normal foods, but all I would consume during that time was yogurt and apple juice, along with the forced upon me by my doctors Ensure beverages.  At times like this is when you know you've got a keeper or not, and trust me, my husband is as far from a saint as is possible to be, but after how lovingly and unrelentingly he cared for me during that time almost any of the bad things he still does no longer bothers me as much as they did prior to that summer of 2018, because he showed me how much he cared for me and took care of me at one of my worst times.  That's a priceless thing to have in a mate.  Natalie and Mike do NOT have that (I don't think Natalie would have been any more caring of Mike than he was of her).

I hate to say how much I agree with Brandon's parents about that apartment - it was horrifically ugly and depressing looking, and I can't believe that Julia is happy to be living there.  I guess she hated the farm that much that she considers that eyesore of an apartment a better option.  I also can't believe that Brandon's salary affords them so little in the way of independent living.  That being said, I do agree that as much of a crappy apartment that they've chosen, good on them for finally getting out from under the thumbs of both his parents.  Betty pissed me off so much with her selfish, guilting comments.  I do honestly believe that before Julia arrive and for a short time after she was already here she did want for Julia to be like a daughter to them.  However, once she saw and realized just how much influence Julia had over Brandon, that was no longer the case.  Julia was then viewed as "The Enemy".  I do think that Brandon secretly likes that Julia stands up to his parents, which helps him to do the same thing to a slight degree (notwithstanding those occasions where he threw Julia under the bus to his parents).

Both Ronald AND Tiffany are equally awful, just in different ways.  I don't think that Tiffany went to South Africa with an open mind or good intentions.  I think that the trip was meant to be a seemingly last ditch effort on her part to keep their relationship going, but in her mind it was solely for appearances' sake.  I do think that it always was her intention to try to prove to everyone what a shite husband and father Ronald was, so she could then justify returning to America and divorcing him without looking like someone who didn't at least give him a chance to be a good father and husband.  Ronald on the other hand IS a shite husband and father, and will never be capable of stepping up to even remotely satisfy Tiffany's expectations, which are outrageous in light of who she chose to be her husband and father to her children.  I don't mean that he's shite as regards loving his children, just as regards financially providing for them as well as pertaining to making appropriate decisions concerning them.  Addicts generally tend to have stunted brains with regards to emotional maturity, and Ronald is definitely stunted, as well as manipulative, another trait of addicts.  It's so sad to me every time that Daniel says the word "dad".  That poor, sweet boy worships the idea of having a father, and genuinely loves Ronald, thus making him unfortunately prone to Ronald's manipulations, despite his also loving his mother very much.  To Ronald's and his mother's credit, it touches my heart how much they both seem to love Daniel as if he were their own son and grandson.  Ronald's mother never once referred only to her grandkid.  She always said grandchildren, incorporating Daniel into the equation.  Ronald actually seemed disappointed to be having a date night with Tiffany.  It seemed to me that his preference would have been to have Daniel and Carley [SP] with them.  I found it wildly inappropriate for Ronald to have made a denigrating comment about Tiffany to the waitress.  I do think these two are over and done with each other, and Tiffany's just trying to save face for having made the drastic mistake that she did of marrying this gambling addict who lives in another country.  I concur that they are on par with the awfulness of Natalie and Mike.

As inappropriate as it was, there was a part of me that enjoyed every insulting comment aimed at Andrei by Chuck's sister and their father.  I do think that Charlie is as much a POS as Andrei can be, and one is not better than the other.  They are kindred spirits in their horrificness.  I do have to admit to being quite surprised as to how much the sister seemed to know about Andrei and how predisposed she was to disliking him.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

$1,000 says that Jovi slammed at least 2 cocktails as soon as he got off the plane, with no camera crew to record it, swished some mouthwash, popped a stick of gum and headed down the escalator to the waiting TV team, and his baby… and his wife, yeah, her too.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I’m still surprised that Natalie had the balls to take Mike’s truck before her surgery. I would half expect him to call it in as stolen. I’m sure her name is not on the title.  Now that would have made for some great soap opera TV.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

16 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

I’m still surprised that Natalie had the balls to take Mike’s truck before her surgery.

FUCK MIKE! Sad Sack Mfer!

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Natalie and Mike seem to be in a power struggle to see who can get the upper hand over the other.  They aren't content unless they're fighting to be right!  Jesus -- exhausting!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I almost died chuckling when I saw Jovi struggling to carry that big ass box marked -- wait for it:  Hollywood Makeup Mirror!  LOL!  PLUS several other Amazon packages!  Yara's having the (spending) time of her life!  LOL  Their place looked cute and her explanation about STD's on Jovi's old couch was pricelessly hilarious! She's quite comical.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

was hospitalized for almost a week back in the summer of 2018, and was out of it for much of that time (I literally have virtually no memory of what went on during my hospital stay or prior to leading up to it - I had to be taken there in an ambulance because I was so out of it and that's how my husband found me when he got back from a business trip).  What I DO remember is that almost every time I opened my eyes in the hospital my husband was there.  They allowed him extended visiting hours.  Upon returning home I was so weak, like a tiny little kitten.  My husband insisted on sleeping on the sofa and having me sleep in our downstairs guest bedroom so as not to disturb me but to be able to monitor me throughout the nights.  I had been hospitalized because of extreme kidney stones (my urologist told me I had the worst infection and case of it that he had ever dealt with, which is why I was so out of it during that time), and they had attached a nephrostomy tube and

I couldn’t fit your story in, but I just wanted to say you have a wonderful husband.  That’s when you know how he is.  I had similar situations myself, and my husband did the same for me.  Did all the dirty work, make sure I ate, was clean, emptied my bed pans,etc.  more than a nurse would do, 24 hours a day, and never once complained.  When a spouse is dependable, you know you have a winner.  Good for you.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

I’m waiting for the third kid to come.  I’m sure they still won’t use birth control.  They’ll probably want to be on the show forever.  Why work?

I think there is n open time slot where the Duggars used to be!

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Well, with regards to Mike and Natalie, they're rarely, if ever, shown happy to be with each other. 

I think Natalie was her happiest when she was hugging the tree.

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

From what I understood, Natalie decided she wanted to stay in a hotel in Seattle the night before, which makes sense if they're a distance from the hospital. Mike then said they had an argument about "OklahomaGate" again and Natalie was not willing to let it go. She said she was going to her friends house (I think the one they had dinner with) so left the hotel. Mike thought she was coming back to the hotel, it looked like production drove him. It was interesting that the doctor called Mike post surgery, that means she was expecting him to be there. 

I get it now. Natalie took the truck and spent the night at Juliana's. Mike figured she was coming back to the hotel in the morning in order for him to drive her to the hospital. Instead, she went there on her own and didn't tell him what was going on. She didn't (or couldn't) answer his calls. Since Mike could only drop her off and pick her up anyway, someone in the doctor's office called Mike when she was ready to be released. We don't know how close the hospital and hotel are, but it could have been a quick Uber ride (or hitch a ride with production) since she had left the truck at the hospital parking lot. The whole drama could have been avoided if Natalie had told him her plan, but she's petty and vindictive (as is Mike) and production loves to "make a mountain out of a molehill." If the hospital story line had gone smoothly, there wouldn't have been anything for us to watch. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Wow it looks like Chuck's sister is as much of an asshole as the rest of them. Telling Andrei to calm down when it's actually the rest of the family that's yelling and critisizing him! 

It's Chucks money, Chuck's life and Chuck's company. If he wants to piss it away helping out   Andrei and his youngest daughter then that's his choice. I doubt any of those kids could make it on their own with a real job that doesn't involve daddy which is why they are so paranoid about losing their cushy gig. 

  • Like 18
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I think there is n open time slot where the Duggars used to be!

I think the Derricos have claimed that spot

  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still trying to figure out Ronald's plan for the Christmas tree and decorations after the holidays. What a stupid impulse buy that will need to be stored somewhere. Those big trees never go back in the box they come in! I guess Daniel's monastic cell could become storage after they leave SA (because there's no way they're staying.) But, as I said upthread, he will probably lose it in a card game or pawn it. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

I hate to say how much I agree with Brandon's parents about that apartment - it was horrifically ugly and depressing looking, and I can't believe that Julia is happy to be living there.  I guess she hated the farm that much that she considers that eyesore of an apartment a better option.

I liked their apt.  Yeah it's small and maybe not much to look at but it seemed to have a modern kitchen and looked fairly modern.  With furniture and nicely decorated I'm sure it wont look so depressing.  It has a lot of potential!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I liked their apt.  Yeah it's small and maybe not much to look at but it seemed to have a modern kitchen and looked fairly modern.  With furniture and nicely decorated I'm sure it wont look so depressing.  It has a lot of potential!

I thought it looked fine for a young couple with limited funds. We didn't get to see Julia's apartment in Russia, but other Eastern European ones we've seen on the show have been pretty bleak so Julia might consider this an upgrade. 

3 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

You know how in the opening sequences prior to each segment of a particular couple they show that image of them together with their names beneath them, and how sometimes they're shown as smiling and happy, acting as one, then at other times you'll see their unhappy/mad faces and facing away from each other (so you kind of know ahead of each segment how it's likely going to go, with them either fighting or getting along)? 

I can't even recall the "happy" Natalie/Mike intro pose. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

FUCK MIKE! Sad Sack Mfer!

He talks like he’s an authority on relationships.  He’s a damn stupid hick who doesn’t know when to keep his trap shut or how to treat a woman.  He belongs in the woods alone.  His Mother taught him nothing, as she’s just the same.  Why does he even want a woman?  He just wants to eat and drink beer.  Brainless asshole.

 

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

I couldn’t fit your story in, but I just wanted to say you have a wonderful husband.  That’s when you know how he is.  I had similar situations myself, and my husband did the same for me.  Did all the dirty work, make sure I ate, was clean, emptied my bed pans,etc.  more than a nurse would do, 24 hours a day, and never once complained.  When a spouse is dependable, you know you have a winner.  Good for you.

Thanks for saying that, Hangin Out.

You are likewise blessed!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Angela is horrific, she's Merican gosh darn it, and I am tempted to start a go fund me page to expel her out of this country to someplace far away. Mykul hasn't made you smoke for the last 40 years so shut your hole. 

Brandon and Julia, while it looks new, I would hate the fact that there were really no windows for natural light.

Why didn't Mike just stop someplace to get Natalie something to eat, she had to wait an additional 2 hours to get back home?

Shut up Tiffany, you are no cold shouldered martyr, you still got pregnant and married Raanold

Kalani and whatever that man child is... so stupid   

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

there is NOTHING sexy about Michael - to me he looks like an African-American Charlie Brown, with his bowling ball round head and baby features face

Okay, THIS made me laugh out loud.  I am still laughing at it!!

I have nothing to add except that Angela needs to be removed from the show.  Now.  Tiffany, cut your losses and go home.  You got pregnant by an unemployed felon who is still not employed.  

Mike, are you really that much of an asshole?

Kalani and Boo Boo Butt Butt:  don't care.

Yara, I am tired of your whining.  She has fans but I am not one of them.  She is writing a blog/vlog whatever it is of her day.  Like who the hell cares?  No, I don't want to watch you make the bed or load a dishwasher.

Brandon and Julia:  Are his parents that much of a pair of passive aggressive assholes?  Good Lord - my younger son turned 22 in June and started his internship in Washington DC - my parting words:  "Have fun, work hard, and reach out if you need anything!  Bye!"  Brandon is 28 - TWENTY EIGHT!  Yep, you are losing your unpaid labor.  Then again, I actually taught my sons lifeskills so they could be, you know.......adults.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I've also had sinus polyps surgically removed -- 3 times, in fact -- and they've never packed my nose. I don't even think I've had blood. But you tend to get a lot of drainage down the back of your throat and I've always been nauseous for several days afterwards. So it's possible that they may have told her that flushing out the nose and sinuses with a neti pot would be helpful (although frankly that sounds painful, post-surgery).

I'm pretty sure that Jovi and Yara's new apartment is in Mandeville, which is across the Causeway bridge from New Orleans. It's a pretty long drive into the city. I think she could have found something similar that wasn't quite so far, but one the other hand -- it's not like he's got a day job in the city. He just wants to be close to the bars and the nightlife. And I agree that since she's home for long stretches by herself, maybe her wants and needs come first.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

I'm still trying to figure out Ronald's plan for the Christmas tree and decorations after the holidays. What a stupid impulse buy that will need to be stored somewhere. Those big trees never go back in the box they come in! I guess Daniel's monastic cell could become storage after they leave SA (because there's no way they're staying.) But, as I said upthread, he will probably lose it in a card game or pawn it. 

They do. Sort of. You really have to push the pieces in to the box and seal the box with packing tape. A lot of people buy tree bags.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

To me the only good part of this episode was Julia and Opie (a.k.a Brandon) planning their escape from the farm. Living in a van would be more pleasant than being around anger issues Dad and guilt trip Mom.

Boo hoo, if you are not able to or dont want to do the farm work hire help or sell. Your son is now married and he needs to get out and adult. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2021 at 9:19 PM, Hangin Out said:

I feel very sorry for the kids.  I’ve never seen her make a meal for the kids yet.  I have seen her plaster on that eye makeup tho.  The baby is always crying.  Maybe from hunger.  Then they go buy expensive Christmas decorations.  WTF ?

I don’t think that baby is hungry! Carly looks like she’s been enjoying the McDonald’s menu for a while. Tiffany probably throws a burger and fries in a blender and puts it in a bottle. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2021 at 2:48 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

Are we sure Brandon's parents aren't South Asian b/c that level of "oh dear, I guess we'll have to do it alone and work our poor souls to the bone SINCE YOU LEFT US TO DIE" seems really familiar and Indian to me...

Funny, that's a classic Jewish mother approach, too...😄

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

To me the only good part of this episode was Julia and Opie (a.k.a Brandon) planning their escape from the farm. Living in a van would be more pleasant than being around anger issues Dad and guilt trip Mom.

Boo hoo, if you are not able to or dont want to do the farm work hire help or sell. Your son is now married and he needs to get out and adult. 

I keep wondering about Betty sobbing that she's "losing my son!". It certainly seems like an overly dramatic reaction to her adult, married son getting a place of his own. 

I think its because she knows the levels of Ron's rage. He is apparently estranged from all of his other children from previous relationships. So if Brandon insists on living his own life under his own roof, you know, with his WIFE, I think she's afraid that Ron will demand that Brandon never darken his door again, and she'll have to go along with it. She always glances over at Ron when she's whimpering about how Brandon is her baby boy and she never thought she'd "lose" him. She seems to spend most of her waking hours trying to keep his temper in check, with her near hysterical cheerfulness and hectic grinning. Then there's Ron's absolute contempt for his own son's abilities. Seriously, who does this? "You're such an incompetent boob you can't even pay a bill! Do you know where electricity comes from? How do you expect that a complete and utter idiot like yourself will be able to make your own coffee or tie your own shoes?" He's within inches of saying he'll cut Brandon off without a cent if he goes against his wishes! Ron. This is not a Victorian novel. Brandon has a job, Julia will get a job, and they will support themselves as countless others do. Sheesh. 

  • Like 13
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, all, but I think Andrei inadvertently came up with the title for the family’s inevitable spin-off when he described them as:

“The Extended Family of Libby”

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/13/2021 at 9:39 AM, Xebug67 said:

Every time I see him in his jeans (which I think is ALWAYS), I'm amazed about how NOTHING his behind area is.  Those jeans just hang perfectly straight down on him with ZERO filler, LOL.  He absolutely IS "No ass Mike!"

hahaha exactly! He is a MESS. I am team Natalie all day long not because of Mike's no ass but because she has some cultural challenges in a new country and some anxiety and probably some baggage. Mike is mean and so his mom. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I keep wondering about Betty sobbing that she's "losing my son!". It certainly seems like an overly dramatic reaction to her adult, married son getting a place of his own. 

I think its because she knows the levels of Ron's rage. He is apparently estranged from all of his other children from previous relationships. So if Brandon insists on living his own life under his own roof, you know, with his WIFE, I think she's afraid that Ron will demand that Brandon never darken his door again, and she'll have to go along with it. She always glances over at Ron when she's whimpering about how Brandon is her baby boy and she never thought she'd "lose" him. She seems to spend most of her waking hours trying to keep his temper in check, with her near hysterical cheerfulness and hectic grinning. Then there's Ron's absolute contempt for his own son's abilities. Seriously, who does this? "You're such an incompetent boob you can't even pay a bill! Do you know where electricity comes from? How do you expect that a complete and utter idiot like yourself will be able to make your own coffee or tie your own shoes?" He's within inches of saying he'll cut Brandon off without a cent if he goes against his wishes! Ron. This is not a Victorian novel. Brandon has a job, Julia will get a job, and they will support themselves as countless others do. Sheesh. 

1000% Pepper Mostly! Betty handles Ron in 99% of this show. Dark stuff, I feel. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HelloOutThere said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, all, but I think Andrei inadvertently came up with the title for the family’s inevitable spin-off when he described them as:

“The Extended Family of Libby”

I would call the show, “Andrei and the Pottholes”

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2021 at 7:30 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Angela needs to stop with the "I've had major surgery," no you didn't and besides it was not medically necessary, it was elective as was the augmentation, it was all out patient surgery to which you are not even following the rules for after care!!

She choose to have it knowing Michael was against it.  He told her she didn't need to change anything about her.  She did it for herself.  She made a big deal that he was not happy with it and asked both doctors to talk to him.  Then she is all butt hurt that he wasn't there for him afterwards?  Could it be when he asked questions you started yelling at him?  I think 3 plus years of giving into her has taken its toll on him and he is tired of it. But I think he still (shudder) loves her.

And what is up with Pillow Talk people all giving Angela a pass on being a total bitch and no slack to Michael as being an abused spouse?  Can you imagine if the roles were reversed?  The outrage of a man verbally abusing a women would be epic.  That is exactly what she does to him in every conversation.  Remember the poor tech guy that had to listen to her rage at Michael?  He said Michael never got a chance to say a word.  So are all the PT people friends with Angela?  How can they give her a pass on EVERYTHING she does?  She is truly a nasty piece of work.

  • Like 16
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

@gaPeach, sadly, I think that some of the pillow talk cast members or friends with Angela because they think there’s a possibility she will get a spin off and maybe somehow they can get a piece of the pie or their own spinoff for being her friend. That can’t happen with Michael who is over in Africa, waiting.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

@gaPeach, sadly, I think that some of the pillow talk cast members or friends with Angela because they think there’s a possibility she will get a spin off and maybe somehow they can get a piece of the pie or their own spinoff for being her friend. That can’t happen with Michael who is over in Africa, waiting.

Now that makes sense.  If they give Angela her own show I don't think I could watch it.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I’m a little sympathetic towards both Jovi and Yara. I do know people who love living downtown and I wouldn’t say that it has to do with where the strip clubs are, although that may be the case with Jovi. I can understand yara wanting to get out of New Orleans but two of her dream homes were Paris and was it New York City? I would’ve been looking for someplace closer to her mother-in-law and reasonably close to the airport.

Edited by Colfrmb
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

And what is up with Pillow Talk people all giving Angela a pass on being a total bitch and no slack to Michael as being an abused spouse?  Can you imagine if the roles were reversed?  The outrage of a man verbally abusing a women would be epic.  That is exactly what she does to him in every conversation.  Remember the poor tech guy that had to listen to her rage at Michael?  He said Michael never got a chance to say a word.  So are all the PT people friends with Angela?  How can they give her a pass on EVERYTHING she does?  She is truly a nasty piece of work.

I think the Pillow Talk people are given clear instructions from production about what they can and can't say. They are representing the brand, and if they want to earn their princely  twelve hundred an episode, (not to mention the extra income from cameos and Only Fans), well, they have to toe the line. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It certainly seems like an overly dramatic reaction to her adult, married son getting a place of his own. 

In 1976 (I was 11) we dropped my older brother off at college about six hours away.  I was seated in the front, between my parents leaving campus.  My mom, who NEVER showed emotion, leaned over, dropped her head in my lap and SOBBED for about an hour.  My brother was her favorite son and she never made a secret about it.   When he got engaged, to a WONDERFUL woman who has made him happy since 1987, she looked at the ring and turned around and left.  Yeah, so Betty is not so amusing to me.

 

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think the Pillow Talk people are given clear instructions from production about what they can and can't say. They are representing the brand, and if they want to earn their princely  twelve hundred an episode, (not to mention the extra income from cameos and Only Fans), well, they have to toe the line. 

I agree 100%!  The money can't be THAT good to defend Angela.  Her scenes should come with a warning to people who have survived domestic abuse.  

Tampa Trash:  OH MY GOD ANDREI.  For the love that is all good and holy:  GO GET A JOB OUTSIDE OF CHUCK.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I feel very uncomfortable watching Angela’s episodes… I don’t understand how TLC doesn’t see anything wrong with her behavior in terms of racism, emotional abuse as well as her attempt illegally spy on her husband.

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Quote
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

what is up with Pillow Talk people all giving Angela a pass

 

I don't watch PT but in general it seems like most cast members like Angela (for ex at the tell alls, on insta etc). I will say we have to keep in mind they filmed this stuff months ago. As it happens, the other cast are not watching her footage and her beastly behavior. They don't see it in real time and when she is talking with them and interacting with them, I am sure she is a little more subdued and behaves herself---as much as she can do so. I agree her behavior is horrible and I feel for him because I do think Michael cares for her and really, really wants to get out of Nigeria. What is the saying----silk purse out of a sow's ear? That sums those two up for me. Above someone mentioned the $ as $1200 per episode. I hope he is getting paid directly (and his share isn't going to Angela). The interwebs tell me average income for a ,middle class Nigerian ranges from $480-645 per month. So...yeah he wants to drag this on as long as he can even if it means being abused on tv. What was his job before he had to rearrange life to be available for her every single text and facetime? 

 

Edited by Stuckathome · Reason: $
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

. I hope he is getting paid directly (and his share isn't going to Angela)

It is my belief, and someone can correct me, that as a non US citizen he can't be paid from an American funding source.

I just a clip of PT on IG and omg......David is HUGE!  Sorry to body shame but man......cut back, man!!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Finally saw the end...

I didn't think Jovi's complaining was that bad.  Things didn't go as he planned - married, a father, apt away from city - but I think he's just getting it out of his system and he'll adjust fine.  I thought his comment about having a bedtime now was funny.  I could see it as dry humor, not complaining.

Yeah, Andreii should be more willing to start somewhere other than as full partner, but does anyone think any of Chuck's kids started at the bottom?  Yeah, maybe they had to slowly (because they don't seem that bright) learn the job, but I don't believe Daddy didn't give them a full paycheck from the start.

and Charlie obviously poisoned the minds of sis and gramps before the gang got there.

Chuck earned the money, his kids got to ride the gravy train, so if Chuck wants to extend the same privilege to his son-in-law, that's his business.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

37 minutes ago, Johann said:

 

Yeah, Andreii should be more willing to start somewhere other than as full partner, but does anyone think any of Chuck's kids started at the bottom?  Yeah, maybe they had to slowly (because they don't seem that bright) learn the job, but I don't believe Daddy didn't give them a full paycheck from the start.

Chuck earned the money, his kids got to ride the gravy train, so if Chuck wants to extend the same privilege to his son-in-law, that's his business.

So true!!! All of it. Charlie knows this, that's why he ignorantly spewed, "Most IMMIGRANTS who come to the country work from the ground up." 

His emphasis on "immigrants" made me think he was covering his own ass, because of course Charlie has never worked his way up on anything. 

It's something that "immigrants" should be expected to do.

Also, I LOVED how Chuck's hideous sister who just wanted a place where "everyone could love each other" bragged that Chuck worked his way up from the bottom after taking time off to care for the mom, and Chuck quickly said, "You supported me a lot. And dad gave me a loan."

Libby immediately says, "So it's okay to borrow money!" and dolt-faced sister scrambled to explain that even though Chuck was given a loan from his dad, he still worked his way up. Never saw someone try to switch gears so fast, and the blank globness of her face was hysterical. 

LOL. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2021 at 1:48 AM, mamadrama said:

Discovery+ shows the entire episode early. TLC shows a preview on Friday. 

I FF through the awful Potthasts. 

Mike was getting on my nerves, too. He most likely wasn't allowed in the hospital until after her surgery was finished and we have no idea what her signal or phone situation was like. My dad has cancer and has been in a hospital and rehab facility for over a year. He's had 3 surgeries since September. I wasn't allowed inside until after each surgery was complete. My son also has cancer. Although each one has its own policies, hospital restrictions are tight. 

I'm so sorry to read about your dad and son.  I hope both have great outcomes and you have a lot of support to help you through all this.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2021 at 1:07 PM, maxmama said:

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I kinda admire Ronald a little bit; he isn’t concealing his plan from anyone.  He wants them to stay and he said straight out that he knows buying the Christmas decorations will hopefully make them want to stay longer.  He isn’t giving any mixed messages about it, he admits it.  Now, this doesn’t make his ass-holery any less, but at least he is honest about his intentions.  The guy wants his wife and kids with him, that isn’t so weird to me.  Tiffany (and I sooo agree with everybody, get rid of those off-shoulder clothes already), doesn’t accept her role in all this.  You go to another country and get knocked up, it’s gonna be a problem eventually if you can’t agree on where to live.  For all his faults, and they are numerous, I can’t entirely blame Ronald for wanting his kids around.  

 

Right -- he just met his daughter!  Who wouldn't want to spend time with them, esp. during the holidays?  And Tiff was withholding that she wouldn't move to SA anyway if he wasn't approved.

I find her so incredibly annoying that it makes me feel sorry for him.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And what is up with Pillow Talk people all giving Angela a pass on being a total bitch and no slack to Michael as being an abused spouse?  Can you imagine if the roles were reversed?  The outrage of a man verbally abusing a women would be epic.  That is exactly what she does to him in every conversation.  Remember the poor tech guy that had to listen to her rage at Michael?  He said Michael never got a chance to say a word.  So are all the PT people friends with Angela?  How can they give her a pass on EVERYTHING she does?  She is truly a nasty piece of work.

Spoiler

For whatever it's worth, she attended Tiffany's (of Ronald and Tiffany) daughter's birthday party.  Flew there to attend, too.  Somebody posted an IG photo with a bunch of people there, including Angela and Johnny Yates.  A member of the FB Savage page's daughter was on the same plane when Angela boarded and took a couple of pictures of her (without Angela knowing but it clearly was her).  So...weird, right?  Who would invite Angela to a 2-year-old's birthday party?  Maybe I'm just old and cranky or hangry.  

 

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Surprise 7

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Tampa Trash:  OH MY GOD ANDREI.  For the love that is all good and holy:  GO GET A JOB OUTSIDE OF CHUCK.

He has no people skills and we have seen his one and only job interview, it was not good, it was a fake interview but I imagine the real ones would be similar.

Can you picture Andreiiii going to an interview at a real estate firm,

Andreiiii: I expect to do what ever I want, can you give me all my pay now and I will decide what I want to do and I would like my name on the building along with your company name. No questions asked, please. I will tell you what questions to ask.  I will tell people what house to buy you just worry about yourself.

Real Estate Firm: Well you have to work on a team before you get to be an agent with us, you know, prove yourself also please fill out this application.

Anreiiiii: Go fuck yourself, I say I am good, I can sell houses, I can break a door off of a fucking refrigerator the hard way, don't terrorize me with your fucking applications and fucking teams.

That is why he cannot get a job anywhere but with Chuck.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And what is up with Pillow Talk people all giving Angela a pass on being a total bitch and no slack to Michael as being an abused spouse?  Can you imagine if the roles were reversed?  The outrage of a man verbally abusing a women would be epic.  

Frist of all I 100% agree w/you that her beastly behavior should not be condoned and second, I think it's a pass by some because of the convenience almost 6000 miles apart and our entire collective agreement that he'll probably never ever get here nor will they ever be together again.  

Does not excuse her beastly behavior, at all. The best behavior modification would be to cut her off of being on teevee, same for Family Libby. Libby and Udereerereei should move far away and make their bank without the Pottholes (good name!).

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Right -- he just met his daughter!  Who wouldn't want to spend time with them, esp. during the holidays?  And Tiff was withholding that she wouldn't move to SA anyway if he wasn't approved.

I find her so incredibly annoying that it makes me feel sorry for him.

 

...and let's not forget that Ronald & Tiffany first appeared on "The Other Way" under the premise that Tiffy WAS moving to South Africa.  That's completely been discarded for all the tension in the "will he get approved" and "will they make it" garbage.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

...and let's not forget that Ronald & Tiffany first appeared on "The Other Way" under the premise that Tiffy WAS moving to South Africa.  That's completely been discarded for all the tension in the "will he get approved" and "will they make it" garbage.

This is so true!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size