Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: Overload

• Start Topic

So how's this for an idea?  We all pitch in and pay someone to follow Adam around with a fake camera 24/7.  Adam behaves, and we don't have to see any footage.  Sounds like a win-win to me.

I love your entire post, but I definitely wanted to get on board with this idea. But, actually, I bet he'd be on "camera behavior" for awhile before he snapped. Hopefully he'd do something really awful, but no one actually got hurt, enough to lock him up for once. I'm still beyond baffled that he is out on the streets. If taking his license hasn't solved the problem, maybe planting his ass behind some bars would. 

JerseyGirl, so true about Chelsea! She was trying so hard to keep the lie straight in her head but she wasn't smart enough to pull it off. On the flip side, whoever reported her is a petty asshole.

I wonder if Chelsea was more of a front desk person at her job. It seems odd that the board would hold her license for doing makeup at a wedding but allow her to perform limited services at a place of business.

Anybody else suspect that petty asshole might be Adam's new baby momma?

No, just me being paranoid?  Okay, carry on....

I loved it when Leah was whining to Jurmy about the effects of the meds, and she said, "I don't want to look like that."  With that hair, and that makeup, and those nails, and those clothes--looking sleepy is where she draws the line.

Leah's face looked like a box of Crayola crayons had blown up in her face.  The 64-count box.  

Honestly, I thought for a minute there that Leah was doing a crossover appearance on a new episode of Intervention, what with the way she was nodding off during that phone call.  

I was waiting for Jeff to walk in and tell her, "Leah, I know one thing....These people love you like crazy..."

• Love 7

Honestly, I thought for a minute there that Leah was doing a crossover appearance on a new episode of Intervention, what with the way she was nodding off during that phone call.

Either that or Toddlers and Tiaras, with the talk about dye on babies heads.  WTF??

Vee did look different; I think it was the mom haircut.  

Adam being a good parent on camera was jarring. 

Anyone else feel that despite the fact he loves her and wants the best for her that Corey is lowkey Cockblocking the motorized scooter thing with the insurance company? Why can't Leah speak with them directly? That shouldn't be a big deal at all. 

• Love 1

Adam being a good parent on camera was jarring. 

Anyone else feel that despite the fact he loves her and wants the best for her that Corey is lowkey Cockblocking the motorized scooter thing with the insurance company? Why can't Leah speak with them directly? That shouldn't be a big deal at all.

I'm not completely well versed in the insurance maze but I know that when my husband and I were going for infertility treatments, the representatives were not allowed to discuss anything with me about his coverage. I'm not sure if that was based on Hippa Lawson their own rules. It'd be great if someone could chime in on this one, because like Corey, my husband is not great at getting his point across.

Cory would have to authorize Leah to speak about his policy. I really don't think Leah would be anymore effective.  She could nag a bunch but I wonder if she'd be able to navigate the insurance bureaucracy.  I think there is going to be a lot of push back on a diagnosis never made for a child.  Dr. Tsao said the only known cases were adults.

(edited)

From what I understand, they will only talk to the policy holder and/or whoever on the plan the treatment is for. Since Leah isn't on Corey's plan, her calling would go nowhere because they wouldn't talk to her about it.

Leah mentioned how her child is the only child in the world with the medical issue that she has. I thought it was mentioned two seasons ago how Goggles - sorry, can never remember her name - is one of around 20 something people with this medical issue.

I believe every other case was adult-onset or adult-diagnosed, so Ali is the only one to be diagnosed as a child.

Edited by Universalhunter

Just rent a friggin wheelchair until this is worked out! They cost about a 100 bucks a month and that's California prices. I guess though that's it only somewhat about the wheelchair and more about the fact that Ali is becoming more aware of her condition. It's hard for Leah and Cory to accept it, do what needs to be done and to stop seeing it only through this lens of tragedy. I did feel bad for Leah when she nodded off on the phone while talking to Ali's therapist (I think). The therapist playing it off like she couldn't hear her was the weirdest. Why didn't she ask Leah if she was okay? Also, Leah's silver, sequined Topsiders were..interesting. I actually like offbeat clothes but the shoes with her make-up and hair, it looked like she was dressing for clown school.

Janelle's guy seemed scared that some other dude might be living there when he got back.

• Love 2

Depending on the insurance carrier, some will talk to someone other than the policy holder ONLY IF the policy holder gives permission to the person at the insurance company to discuss the issue at hand. I had a relative who was not clear with what was going on with his health coverage. I sat there as he called his insurance company, he gave them authorization to speak with me and then handed me the phone. I was able to assist him with the issues he was experiencing. Cory might be able to sit there and do this just to get Leah off his back and so she could hear for herself - when she isn't falling asleep - what is going on.

I am certain Cory is making his point to the insurance company, it's just that Leah is not receptive to the answers he gives her. If she had any clue, she would know that insurance companies tend to take their time with these sort of matters. I had to wait six months for approval on a certain matter with my insurance and believe me, no amount of pushing makes things go faster.  As someone else posted, why don't they acquire a wheelchair in the meantime if Goggles is experiencing that much pain? If it is available, I think someone needs to check with a thrift store or even  Easter Seals. Easter Seals, from what I know in the past, help families that have financial difficulties that are not covered by insurance. They might be able to assist with helping them acquire a temporary wheelchair or power chair until the issue is resolved with the insurance company.

Leah mentioned how her child is the only child in the world with the medical issue that she has. I thought it was mentioned two seasons ago how Goggles - sorry, can never remember her name - is one of around 20 something people with this medical issue.

Adam, without a doubt, would have pinched Aubree or done something worse to get her to shut up. I remember that one time he pinched her leg when she was crying and was in his girlfriend's arms. I did love his approach with Aubree because that is exactly the right thing to do in such a situation.

I don't even remember Nate and Jenelle's scenes. I must have walked away. Thank goodness.

• Love 1

Actually, they could get a second hand wheelchair from the Salvation Army to use until the insurance trouble is cleared. Leah will just have to work a bit and push the damn chair. The chair won't be as snazzy as a motorized but it will still get her from A to B.

But these are people who buy Hummers instead of Hondas so practical is not really in their wheelhouse.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure the whole dyes in babies' heads comment referred to the dyes the doctors have to give via IV's when kids get diagnostic MRI's. The thought wasn't quite coherent but I have a feeling Leah was talking about that whole process. Sometimes the dyes can cause side effects, too, and too much can affect their vital organs. I don't know what that all had to do with anything, though. I was more worried the PT would think she was drunk and/or on illegal drugs. It definitely sounded like the PT was unimpressed at the end of their conversation, as she hung up with that displeased "mmm." I was worried she'd call the authorities on Leah on suspicion of child endangerment. (Though, I was also worried that Leah was driving and/or caring for the kids, especially the baby, under the influence, even if it was legally prescribed. What if she dropped the baby, or nodded out while the kids were bathing or something? But anyway.)

I too thought Kail looked really pretty in some scenes.

The editing was more obvious than usual. With Chelsea, the sky through the window was going dark very rapidly, Kail's dinner scene was all rushed - no food, then food, baby nursing, all the food off the table... Leah's conversation with Jeremy had them jumping from one background scene to another very rapidly... it's like they make whole new conversations happen from cutting bits of convo from here, others from there. Or do they just replay the same conversation bits over and over again until they get a perfect take?

Speaking of things being staged, I don't for a second think that Adam is in any way, shape, or form genuine, and I also don't think anyone's buying his schtick. His girlfriend totally looks like she can't stand Aubree. And I was genuinely worried when Adam took Aubree outside for his fake parenting thing. Aubree kept looking over his shoulder at the camera crew (I assumed) and it seemed almost like she was paying more attention to what they were saying than Adam. Maybe I read too much into it, but that's what I got. I don't see any bond between the two of them. Honestly, I think Adam is still hung up on Chelsea - not that he CARES about her, but he sees her as a person he can bully. (And/or get laid by when he's in the mood to cheat on his current gf. Added bonus!) I think she's more or less over him.... Speaking of which, does anyone know the guy that she was seeing IRL, if she's still seeing him, or whatever happened with that?

• Love 1

Interesting that in last week's episode, Adam told some friend of his that Aubree knew about the accident because she saw he had a big cut on his head. I seem to remember the cut not being that obvious last week. This week though, when he took her to the restaurant, he had the big gash on his head so this was really out of sequence. No surprise there. Interesting that Adam was able to stop Aubree's meltdown. The girlfriend's snarky "She needs to learn no means no," was a bitchy thing to say. We'll see how smug she is when her kid reaches the terrible 2s.

Jesus Christ, Jenelle. Grow the eff up. He's going to jail for 30 days. Stop blubbering like he's going abroad for 4 years. I loved how Nathan made sure he would not be on probation after this time served. Why on earth would you care unless you plan on drinking, drugging or driving when you are not supposed to, after you get out.

Kail's tone to Jo was offputting to me. She sounded accusatory when she said she wants to see how Isaac is living when he is there as if she has to check up on these irresponsible people.  I just could not get away from the idea that once Kail and Javi were in the car on the way home that Kail made some unkind remarks about Vee. It's hard not to think otherwise when it comes to Kail. Regarding Javi's leaving for training, it's interesting that we went from last week's "This separation will make or break us" to "I'm only worried about waking Lincoln when I have to take Isaac to school."

Leah was scary. That no one at work noticed her condition is just bizarre. You can buy a pediatric wheelchair (with excellent reviews) for under $200 on Amazon. One less trip to the salon could provide this for Ali until a motorized one is approved.

Oh, and kudos to the poster that thought Chelsea was guilty based on her seeming a bit tripped up in the lawyer's office. I thought exactly the same thing. 

Edited by Config
  • Love 1

When my Mom died, we donated all of her stuff from her care-- with the exception of her hospital bed, which the medical company took back-- to a charity, including her wheelchairs.  I'm sure we are not the only ones in the world that have donated wheelchairs to places that will give out the wheelchairs for free-- does that not occur to Leah and Corey to see about, until the whole insurance mess gets straightened out?  My sister had some sort of arthritis as a baby, and she couldn't even walk until after she was 3 years old as a result-- surely the insurance company has heard of situations like these before.  Although, I completely get it that they don't want to pay for an expensive piece of equipment until they are darn sure Ali (or anyone) needs it.  That stuff is expensive.

I think the camera man was as high as Leah in that scene, because he seemed very taken by her sparkle boat shoes. Like, it was either a poignant Werner Herzog documentary at that point, or the camera guy had a buzz and was fixating on the shoe.

I hope the female version of Adam's face looks good on an adult Aubree. I don't see any Chelsea in her. Chelsea is striking and I wish she'd just tone down the eye makeup. I also think she was being deceptive in the lawyer's office, because she touched her nose at one point and I've heard that people touch their faces when they're feeling self conscious or ashamed. Even if she's totally innocent, I would love to see her drop the whole victim routine.

I kind of feel bad for Vee. She clearly wants a baby, and she's being punished for waiting (Jo's choice of course, but the prudent choice) by people flaunting cute babies. I think it's great she can be a buddy to Isaac.

I think the camera man was as high as Leah in that scene, because he seemed very taken by her sparkle boat shoes. Like, it was either a poignant Werner Herzog documentary at that point, or the camera guy had a buzz and was fixating on the shoe.

I saw that as fixating on the fact that she couldn't tie it and actually stopping trying halfway through - I'm pretty sure she was nodding off.  It seemed like the person behind the camera didn't want us to miss the fact that Leah was totally out of it. 

The whole thing with the wheelchair is understandable to me. Medical insurance companies seem to deny as an automatic first response.  I've seen them deny hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical bills that they eventually paid but not without the policy holder's pursuing the matter like it's their j.o.b.   The company hopes you will just accept the no and I think alot of people do.    Corey and Leah are so young this is probably their first (but sadly not last) experience trying to navigate a system that is designed not to pay out.  Corey needs to jump on it and stay on it. 

As a stepmother myself I don't see anything wrong with Kail communicating with Vee directly.  I think it's a good idea to have some sort of civil relationship with the woman who is taking care of your child when they are with their father. 

I also don't think there is anything wrong with Kail wanting to see where Issac spends half his time.    I didn't see her barge in but I did see Issac very excited to show her his room and I heard her tell him, "This is a great room!"  I think it was a big step for all four of them and if it got a little awkward at first that's okay.  They are headed in the right direction.   Points to Kailyn for making the first move.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

I think this whole wheelchair debacle just shows how young and inexperienced these kids are at life. If they are trying to give Goggles a $20k wheelchair and DON'T expect that the insurance company is going to take their time approving such a huge expense, they are nuts. I had an insurance company force me into TWO surgeries because they would not give me additional physical therapy visits. It's a business and they don't get all mushy cause some Teen Mom tells them how her child has a rare disease. In fact, because it is so rare, it will take longer for them to approve it because they will have no case studies to fall back on regarding the condition in a young child. And I can't see stupid Leah, with her jacked-up version of the English language having any more success with the insurance company than Cory is having. If she REALLY wants to be proactive, she would ask her fancy doctor to put in a call to the insurance company. That is the most proactive thing they can do. In the meantime, buy a regular chair. You say your kid needs it desperately but you continue to drag her around on foot while you have a pissing contest with the insurance company? Go to a few yardsales, go to the Elks and people like that, etc. There are plenty of used wheelchairs... I got one for like $40.
And btw, we all remember how just last year she was talking shit about how Germy makes SOOO much money that they don't even know what to do with it all, right? ha... I guess that was all BS. My daddy always said "People that talk about their money don't have any."
My hatred for Leah runs deep. She's just a ridiculous human being.    

• Love 2

And if I were Vee I would have stopped that moose dead in her tracks when she marched her ass into Isaacs room. This isn't your house bitch. That is Vee's home, where she pays the rent. ASK if you can proceed.

I was floored when in mid-visit, Kail (or Javi... I can't remember) finally introduced himself to Vee).  I'm no Emily Post, but in my world, intros are addressed immediately upon entrance to someone's home.  Kail should not have started her self-tour of the house.  That's an invitation-only activity in my book.

IMO, the inspection of Joe's home was not precipitated on Kail's revelation that she should start getting along with Vee or just plain old behave like an adult and put her son's best interest first and foremost.  I think she is just plain nosy and super controlling.  Too bad Joe did not see through her "good intentions".

• Love 1
I have just realized that fake legal visits have replaced fake friend chats.

I imagine if a foreigner were watching this show they would assume that it's very common for Americans to have frequent meetings with lawyers, court dates, etc. 

The girlfriend's snarky "She needs to learn no means no," was a bitchy thing to say. We'll see how smug she is when her kid reaches the terrible 2s.

Exactly. I gave her a BIG ol eye roll over that one. She sounds like a typical young person who has so many opinions about parenting, but little experience. She'll learn. 

Honestly I agreed with Taylor. Aubree is four, not two. Having meltdowns every time she's told the word "no" is getting a little ridiculous. Regardless if Adam was genuine or not it was nice to see someone discipline that little brat for a change. Chelsea sure as hell isn't doing it.

• Love 8

I'm pretty sure the whole dyes in babies' heads comment referred to the dyes the doctors have to give via IV's when kids get diagnostic MRI's. The thought wasn't quite coherent but I have a feeling Leah was talking about that whole process. Sometimes the dyes can cause side effects, too, and too much can affect their vital organs. I don't know what that all had to do with anything, though.

Her incoherent tangent on dye in baby heads had ZERO to do with the conversation.  She obviously fell asleep and started dream-babbling.

• Love 2

Jenelle having Nathan clean her glasses for her while she's driving

That reminds me, I am severely alarmed by the fact that Jenelle of all people, a complete mess of a person who has I think LIVED IN her car during the course of the series, can produce the proper glasses-cleaning cloth when warranted. I always have to use my t-shirt.

• Love 3

Jesus Christ, Jenelle. Grow the eff up. He's going to jail for 30 days. Stop blubbering like he's going abroad for 4 years. I loved how Nathan made sure he would not be on probation after this time served. Why on earth would you care unless you plan on drinking, drugging or driving when you are not supposed to, after you get out.

I'm curious as to how neither Jenelle or Nathan are behind bars.  Jenelle is on probation, which means ANY arrest would warrant her being tossed back into the slammer.  Also, Nathan has had multiple DUIs (3, I think) and now he somehow squirms out of this (4th?) one???  Un-fucking-believable.  It's not like either of them are first time offenders of ANYTHING.  Oh well...they'll both be in jail on other offenses in no time and them Barb will be raising two of Jenelle's little monsters.  Wonder how many more kids she'll shit out over the next few years. Cringe.

In the interim, I shudder to think of baby Kaiser being raised under the same roof as these two delinquents.  I really fear that he will be caught in the middle of the certain violence.  The tension is surely rising with a newborn in the house (plus however many innocent animals live there as well) and Jace.

Edited by BitchOnWheelz
  • Love 2

I think Taylor will eat those words later on when she has to deal with her own cranky child. My daughter was a dream at 2 but let me tell you she's turning 5 in 3 weeks and this past year has been the absolute hardest. I was happy to see Kail own her bad behavior. I think was really doing the right think but did it somewhat awkwardly. Jenelle should just keep thanking her lucky stars that she isn't the one going away for 30 days.

• Love 1
Points to Kailyn for making the first move.

Let me point out, it was Vee who had made the first attempt two seasons ago when she sent the letter to Kail. The letter where she was very mature and polite, while asking if they can move forward from whatever issues had occurred. Kail gets no points from me for finally deciding to make a budge simply because she is in a happy place now. Back then, she was angry, pissed off at Joe for moving on with his life, she was single and trying in vain to get some guy to move in with her all the while, blaming Vee for whatever bullshit was bothering Kail.  Rather than think about her son's relationship with his dad, you know, the guy Kail had attempted to remove from Isaac's life by any means, she pouted and whined about how unhappy she was rather than put her son's needs first. Isaac should not have to wait for mom to decide when she is ready to be an adult.

• Love 2

Honestly I agreed with Taylor. Aubree is four, not two. Having meltdowns every time she's told the word "no" is getting a little ridiculous. Regardless if Adam was genuine or not it was nice to see someone discipline that little brat for a change. Chelsea sure as hell isn't doing it.

What? Auuuuuuubbbbbbreeeeeeeee-uh, STOP-A. What worries me is Chelsea can't stop the baby talk whether she's talking to Aubree, her dad or an attorney.

Was Jenelle taking a shower in the pitch dark? I just can't with her. She's a ridiculous human.

I laughed out loud when Leah started talking about the dye in babies heads. Now that her only friend moved to Vegas, we're treated to whoever will listen to her. Random friend, a 3rd cousin by marriage...

I thought it was good of Kail to get passed her ridiculous behavior of Jo & Vee, but I would never go out to eat with my ex and his wife. Glad they can, but I couldn't. Was Vee trying to rock the 70's/early 80's wings?

All this stuff with Adam and Taylor on camera and they aren't even together anymore. Adam has finally found his match with some stripper. She is cheap looking. And she actually posed in a picture with Taylor's baby and put it on Twitter.

Also, Adam's injuries were grossing me out. That goose egg on his head reminded me of that guy on True Life that had horns implanted. Then, in his eye was bloody.

Edited by ShaNaeNae

In Kail's defense, she did tell Jo over the phone that she wanted to come with Javi to pick up Issac and see his new room.  I didn't see it as her barging in and walking to his room unannounced.

At first I think Kail was nervous and didn't know what to expect, that's why Jo was saying they haven't eaten and they were starving.  Once Kail felt comfortable being there, she agreed to go to dinner with Jo and Vee

• Love 1

Where are we supposed to go with our feelings on Leah's concern about taking the meds? I'm confused. Did I miss the part where they strapped her down and made her take them? Or the part where she owned up to having created the situation that she made for herself, did everything she could to take care of her responsibilities?

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 1

I was going to ask why Nathan is called Mongo, but then I Googled it. I almost choked on my coffee.

Leah is definitely the main source of her extra stress. She's been divorced once and married twice before the age of twenty-five. She was already stressed with twins - one who is special needs and the other who is a handful - but she adds another baby on top of that. Leah's life is chaotic because she makes dumb choices. Then she has the nerve to act surprised when life isn't all rainbows and fairies. She's stupid.

• Love 2

In Kail's defense, she did tell Jo over the phone that she wanted to come with Javi to pick up Issac and see his new room.  I didn't see it as her barging in and walking to his room unannounced.

At first I think Kail was nervous and didn't know what to expect, that's why Jo was saying they haven't eaten and they were starving.  Once Kail felt comfortable being there, she agreed to go to dinner with Jo and Vee

I think kail would have looked less like a moose if she had respected the lady of the house and said "Hey Vee, can you and Isaac show me his room?" or "Vee can I take a peek at his room?"

But what you cannot do is come in my house, and march yourself down my hallway without my expressed consent.  Yes, Vee knew what Kail was there for, but still dont behave like a untrained monkey.  Kail wouldnt like it if Jo helped hisself to her house.

• Love 5

Where are we supposed to go with our feelings on Leah's concern about taking the meds? I'm confused. Did I miss the part where they strapped her down and made her take them? Or the part where she owned up to having created the situation that she made for herself, did everything she could to take care of her responsibilities?

As someone who takes medication for mental health issues, and as someone who has worked with a lot of people coming to terms with their own issues, for some people it really isn't easy to admit they have a problem, and when they do most don't want to take meds.  If they choose to do so, a lot of people feel like it makes them weak.  It is just hard for many people.  It wasn't for me, but I've been taking seizure meds since I was two and when I took my crazy pills it was fine.  Leah comes from an area similar to where I am now living, and people in areas like that are really put down for going to a therapist/psychiatrist/taking crazy pills (crazy is being used as a term of endearment here).  So I can definitely see where Leah is coming from.

• Love 4

All this stuff with Adam and Taylor on camera and they aren't even together anymore. Adam has finally found his match with some stripper. She is cheap looking. And she actually posed in a picture with Taylor's baby and put it on Twitter.

Also, Adam's injuries were grossing me out. That goose egg on his head reminded me of that guy on True Life that had horns implanted. Then, in his eye was bloody.

How old is that girl? She apparently has a kid who old enough to get a tattoo and have his own Twitter...

I almost puked after reading that text message in the article that I guess one of them tweeted? GROSS.

Edited by Ladystardust
  • Love 1

How old is that girl? She apparently has a kid who old enough to get a tattoo and have his own Twitter...

I almost puked after reading that text message in the article that I guess one of them tweeted? GROSS.

I don't know, but I think in her 30's. If I were Taylor, I'd be PISSED if she was holding my baby and taking a picture like it's hers. Looking at the girl she was probably knocked up at 14/15 to have a son that old.

I know that text message was grody. So grody.  What's funny is it looks like it was taken from his cell phone (since her name is at the top) and the font is a total girly font.

Why can't I find why they call Kilmer 'Mongo'? However, if you start to Google, "Why is Nathan..." It automatically comes up with "Why is Nathan Griffith...not in jail? Gay? On TV? Drunk? and other choices that would hurt his precious ego. Funny.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 2

Ugh, he's so gross. How long before she gives him baby #3?

I think kail would have looked less like a moose if she had respected the lady of the house and said "Hey Vee, can you and Isaac show me his room?" or "Vee can I take a peek at his room?"

But what you cannot do is come in my house, and march yourself down my hallway without my expressed consent.  Yes, Vee knew what Kail was there for, but still dont behave like a untrained monkey.  Kail wouldnt like it if Jo helped hisself to her house

Well said.  Kail looked like her usual Hulk-self, making her way down the hallway rather than waiting for Jo or Vee to allow her to see the room.

I agree with the poster above.  Vee is the one who had extended the olive branch first, but Kail wasn't having it. Vee gets props for having to deal with She-Hulk and still maintaining self-control when She-Hulk couldn't maintain her mouth from running like an overflowing toilet.  Kail didn't even have the common courtesy to introduce her spouse, Javi, to Vee.

As someone who takes medication for mental health issues, and as someone who has worked with a lot of people coming to terms with their own issues, for some people it really isn't easy to admit they have a problem, and when they do most don't want to take meds.  If they choose to do so, a lot of people feel like it makes them weak.  It is just hard for many people.  It wasn't for me, but I've been taking seizure meds since I was two and when I took my crazy pills it was fine.  Leah comes from an area similar to where I am now living, and people in areas like that are really put down for going to a therapist/psychiatrist/taking crazy pills (crazy is being used as a term of endearment here).  So I can definitely see where Leah is coming from.

Leah has had no shame as far as seeking therapy. She has been pushing it for some time with Jeremy. As a matter of fact, as I skimmed through a magazine at the grocery store, there is an article out in one of the tabloids, where Leah gives an interview (ching! ching!) about her and Jeremy attending therapy and how they are working on their marital issues. She claims they are in a better place as far as communication is concerned. I didn't read the whole article (had no time) but I assume the therapist may have written the prescription for Leah (if they are authorized to do so) or Leah was referred to a psychiatrist. Leah has never given me the impression that she is worried about what people think of her, even if it comes to her being on meds.

I think the question being asked is, is Leah masking her problems by taking meds or is she dealing with them head on? Meds are not a cure-all in these kind of matters. It isn't as if Leah is suffering from PTSD. Her constant complaint has been she is overwhelmed and has no support. Why then does she makes choices that seems to go in the opposite direction such as wanting to move to another area, far from family? Why does she spend money on new cars, hairs, nails, and whatnot while at the same time crying about the lack of money? Is taking meds helping her to curb her spending? I guess it does if it causes her to be sleepy. She is too tired to drive to get a mani-pedi.  Is giving interviews to magazines the way she makes her money?  She is so overwhelmed, but there she is being a Mary Kay representative. She doesn't have her kids with her all the time as they are with their father part of the time. Leah earns money from MTV and other sources, but she can't even have the common sense to go get a second-hand wheelchair. I am getting mixed messages from the show as well as what Leah puts out there in interviews, so I can understand the poster asking what are we supposed to feel about Leah. At least, I hope that is what the poster meant. At least with Jenelle I get what is going on there. With Leah, not so much. More of the same drama except now she is on meds. Not sure how that will help her in the long run. It may impede her and frankly, a sleepy Leah sounds scary.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

I agree with what she said but her motive was to bash Chelsea. She wasn't saying it out of genuine knowledge of how little kids are. She was saying it because it was a way to snark at her ex-boyfriend's "other" kid on camera. We will see how perfect she is with her own kid. Well, we won't, but she will. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 2

I agree with what she said but she her motive was to bash Chelsea. She wasn't saying it out of genuine knowledge of how little kids are. She was saying it because it was a way to snark at her ex-boyfriend's "other" kid on camera. We will see how perfect she is with her own kid. Well, we won't, but she will.

Exactly. And really, it's so easy to critique someone else's parenting, especially if your only experience is your 6-month-old infant. I see it all the time, women with fairly easy newborns who think that means they must be some sort of parenting expert. All parents have made mistakes, handled something the wrong way, dealt with episodes that would make a TV audience think they're the shittiest parent alive, and no one has raised a perfect child.

The comment was just bitchy IMO. Instead of helping or just letting Adam deal with it, she had to put her two cents out there.

• Love 2

Bravo to Kail for finally acting like an adult; if she keeps this up, I may like her one day.

Jenelle, I can't even. Co-dependency has never looked good on you. I fear for (kaiser) Roll's future given that I already strongly suspect that Jace's Teen Mom footage will be used in a future documentary about how he develops into a serial killer.

Chelsea. The smirk gives you away. And "dad" is one syllable and not pronounced "DaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaD.Duh." Sack up and take responsibility rather than running to Daddy and his lawyers.

Finally, Leah. The whole Leah anxiety/depression meds storyline bothered me. First of all "stress" and anxiety are not interchangeable terms. Often anxious people operate well in stressful times because their mind is occupied with the urgent task at hand - and not given to what Leah describes as not being able to shut her mind off at night (an anxiety/negative feedback loop). Second, Leah was obviously prescribed the wrong meds or over prescribed. Her reaction and description of how she felt (helped her nearly immediately, then made her tired) describes a benzo like Xanax, Ativan or Klonopin, which are very effective for anxiety attacks, but aren't what doctors (at least where I live) prescribe as a daily treatment (which would be an SSRI). I thought it was great that she identified that she had an issue, sought help, but it bothered me that the message delivered was "anxiety or depression meds will make you dopey and not yourself" which is a terrible message to someone really suffering. In my experience, if you mention anxiety, a GP will throw Xanax at you, but a psychopharmacologist will approach it differently - and would on board you on to any meds (and wean you off when you were better, if it was not a chronic, biological condition).

• Love 1

Bravo to Kail for finally acting like an adult; if she keeps this up, I may like her one day.

Jenelle, I can't even. Co-dependency has never looked good on you. I fear for (kaiser) Roll's future given that I already strongly suspect that Jace's Teen Mom footage will be used in a future documentary about how he develops into a serial killer.

Chelsea. The smirk gives you away. And "dad" is one syllable and not pronounced "DaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaD.Duh." Sack up and take responsibility rather than running to Daddy and his lawyers.

Finally, Leah. The whole Leah anxiety/depression meds storyline bothered me. First of all "stress" and anxiety are not interchangeable terms. Often anxious people operate well in stressful times because their mind is occupied with the urgent task at hand - and not given to what Leah describes as not being able to shut her mind off at night (an anxiety/negative feedback loop). Second, Leah was obviously prescribed the wrong meds or over prescribed. Her reaction and description of how she felt (helped her nearly immediately, then made her tired) describes a benzo like Xanax, Ativan or Klonopin, which are very effective for anxiety attacks, but aren't what doctors (at least where I live) prescribe as a daily treatment (which would be an SSRI). I thought it was great that she identified that she had an issue, sought help, but it bothered me that the message delivered was "anxiety or depression meds will make you dopey and not yourself" which is a terrible message to someone really suffering. In my experience, if you mention anxiety, a GP will throw Xanax at you, but a psychopharmacologist will approach it differently - and would on board you on to any meds (and wean you off when you were better, if it was not a chronic, biological condition).

I can vouch for that. When I first got my diagnoses and my medications, I was prescribed by a psychopharmacologist. When I moved to where I live now there are slim pickings for Psychiatric doctors of any sort, and if it weren't for my insistence would try to prescribe something different.

But GreatKazu, also before when Leah suggested counseling for them as a couple, I got the impression that she thought Jeremy (and before that, corey) was the problem and she had nothing to do with the issues in their marriage. Now she's realizing differently. That makes all the difference.

• Love 2

Leah was scary. That no one at work noticed her condition is just bizarre. You can buy a pediatric wheelchair (with excellent reviews) for under $200 on Amazon. One less trip to the salon could provide this for Ali until a motorized one is approved

Ok, I know we all supposed to suspend our knowledge that these people are being paid to be on this trainwreck, but if you look at the cars and houses, you remember. Leah- take some of your Teen Mom money and buy your daughter a wheelchair.

• Love 1

Spidermiss2426, I think that's always been Leah's problem. She never takes responsibility for her actions/choices and blames everyone else. No one forced her to cheat on Corey, no one forced her to marry Jeremy when she knew his work would take him away from his family for long periods of time, and no one forced her to have another baby. She's always the victim but never sees that she's part of the problem, too.

• Love 5
But GreatKazu, also before when Leah suggested counseling for them as a couple, I got the impression that she thought Jeremy (and before that, corey) was the problem and she had nothing to do with the issues in their marriage. Now she's realizing differently. That makes all the difference.

True, and I appreciate you pointing that out and reminding me of that small detail. Either way, she was at least open to counseling, regardless of where she was pointing the blame. A lot of people don't even consider outside help. My hope was that Jeremy would be receptive to counseling because that would at least get them BOTH through that door and Leah would eventually learn that she is responsible for the problems in her life because of the choices she makes and rather than finger point, she would take ownership of her damn self.

Now, with the whole meds issue rearing itself, I wonder if it is just another way for Leah to garner sympathy rather than tackle the issues at hand. Another way to make her look like the victim and avoid taking responsibility.

I agree that Kail had other intentions with her wanting to visit Jo's place. Yes, Kail is one controlling hag. She didn't say she wanted to mend fences with Jo and Vee, but rather, go check out how Isaac lives. That is her right, she should know how her son lives, where he sleeps and how the conditions are in Jo and Vee's home, but how she went about it was just rancid. However, it in the end, Kail will see Jo and Vee in a different light, she will eventually have those blinders removed from her eyes and realize how it is in the best interest of everyone to be able to get along as Isaac's family.