Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: Overload

• Start Topic

Did they recast Vee? I swear that's not the same girl.

Leah:I'm drownding.  And yet the most offensive pat of that scene was her eye shadow. Is she already popping her anxiety medication? Why is she slurring words?

I got nothing on the other three, except that Kail's text to Vee was one of the bitchiest and most passive-aggressive things I've ever heard, which is pretty much what I expected from her. Oh, and seriously, we have to pretend that Chelsea is going to fret over not being able to work and has to rely on her minimum wage job to make her house payment? Seriously?

• Love 2

Ugh, I loathe Adam, but I have to give him props for the way he handled Aubree at the restaurant. I liked that he immediately took her outside when she acted up and that he was firm without being a total dick about it. Okay, back to loathing now...

Leah needs to get off those meds ASAP. I believe she is truly having anxiety attacks, but there has to be better options out there than prescription drugs. Aleeah is the type of kid who makes me want to get my tubes tied.

I was happy to see Kail behave somewhat maturely, even though I thought her text to Vee had a passive-aggressive bitchy tone. Baby Lincoln is adorable.

If Nathan can't drive why do he and Jenelle have TWO brand new cars in their driveway? Such a stupid waste of money, especially that gas guzzling Hummer.

Lulz, WhitneyWhit! We must have posted at the same time. How funny that we literally said the same thing about Kail's text!

I totally missed parts of this episode because it was so boring, and I was switching back and forth between this and "American Dad!". What did Kail say to Vee in her text message? I have no doubt it was bitchy because that's what we expect from Kail. I also loved her genuine smile when she apologized to Jo for being an asshole, and he made her apologize again. She seemed really happy to be around him. Is she positive she's not over him like she claims to be?

Leah's behavior seemed really abnormal. And, yes, her eye-shadow was atrocious. It looked like it was over her eyebrows at some points, like she missed her eyelid and smeared the brush all over her face. I would think she was high when she did her makeup, but it always looks like that, so drugs cannot be blamed. 

Chelsea, meh. I'm sure she'll get her license back. At least her makeup was looking normal and decent. I like her hair color. Hopefully she can keep it instead of constantly dying it.

Jenelle, meh. It's infuriating that she bitches and moans about her dick of the week leaving her for a month, yet can't seem to understand that she has a son who will love her unconditionally. Jace is still young enough that, in my opinion, he will form a bond to Jenelle and look past all her faults and flaws. But she'll never see that. She'll only keep pushing him away, then blame everybody else under the sun why they don't have a normal mother-child relationship.

• Love 1

Sigh. I hate to give it to Adam but I totally appreciated his taking Aubree out of the restaurant when she was having her meltdown. I loathe the parents that ruin other patrons dinner because they refuse to parent their brat. I'm sure it was just a show for the camera but I liked it anyway.

And now Adam can go screw.

• Love 4

Despite Kailyn's text message (and Vee's comment about pigs flying, to be fair), I was pretty impressed with the amount of maturity that happened during the whole apartment visit/dinner segment.  Apart from Randy, and Corey's dad, that was the most grown-up anyone on the show has ever acted in my recollection, and coming from *four* people all at once was astonishing.  One can only hope that they'll keep this up, and that maybe the other teen moms and dads will catch on as well!  Also nice getting to see Isaac feeling happy and comfortable with everyone being together, rather than trying to mediate arguments.  

It seemed like the dosage of meds Leah's doctor put her on to start was too high, but it also could have just been the wrong med for her entirely - she was really struggling during that scene on the phone (but it was great to see the PT trying to help!).  I'd assume that if she's still taking something for her anxiety she probably has it sorted out by now, but I wonder if seeing the episode might have helped her understand better how it was affecting her at the time.  It seemed like she was getting more upset feeling like she was overreacting, but she really was so out of it, I can't imagine how she got through her normal routine while feeling that way.

Chelsea I continue to find boring and whiny for the most part.  Her situation is very frustrating, I'm sure, and it's good that she's trying to do what she can to take care of it, but I just can't take her financial troubles seriously when it seems like Randy is probably still supporting her in at least some capacity.  I did laugh though when he answered the phone yet again and said he was doing "nothing" - just waiting by the phone for you to call and shout about your problems, Chelsea!

I just can't with Jenelle.  She had done such a good job with her argument with Nathan last week, but now she's sitting in a dark bathroom crying.  For once she should listen to her mother and take his jail time to reflect on how their relationship needs to improve before the new baby is born.  Nice job breaking out the white pants for court even while pregnant though!  She does look a little classier in flats.

• Love 2

I swear, every time Randy sees a phone call coming in from Chelsea, he probably heaves a heavy sigh, followed by, "Damnit what the hell does this kid want now??"

• Love 8

I don't know what medication Leah is on but it's got to be too strong for her or not the right med for her anxiety. She was clearly zoning out and saying off the wall things, dyes in babies heads,(?), while talking to the P.T.

Maybe Jenelle could use her off time from Nathan to spend more time with Jace. Remember him Jenelle? He's your son.

I was surprised by the maturity shown by Kail and co. tonight, I hope they keep it up for Isaac's sake.

• Love 1
(edited)

Love your name and avatar SPLAIN. I don't think I need to splain why.

I felt bad for Leah. She seemed to hate being drugged up. I'm glad she's looking for ways to handle the stress but I hope the drugs are just a short term thing and that she's seeing a therapist as well.

Edited by Maharincess

I don't buy Leah's slurry drugged out act (unless she was mixing her benzos with alcohol).

The way she went on and on and ON about herself with poor dumb Jeremy, and the way she acted flighty with Corey, confirms she is using her anxiety and medication as more attention-seeking behavior.

I foresee her pulling more of these lame acts until her entire family drops everything for an intervention/to proclaim how much they love her, etc.

This chick is crackers.

• Love 6

Oh my god . Kail was so rude at Jo and Vee's. She just barged right on in. Battering rams her way in with the baby carrier, grabs Isaac and demands to see his room, leaving her poor husband to introduce himself at the door. Jeez. But I too looked for flying pigs when she apologised for being an asshole. I thought she actually looked sincere. It was quite nice to see them all acting like mature people.

I was truly shocked at how well Adam handled Aubree.  Not sure if that was for the cameras or not.  Chelsea would certainly have given her the phone just to shut her up.

I am an overwhelmed single mother and have never once considered medication.  But that's just me.  Leah could be going down a dangerous path.  But at least she realizes there may be a problem.

As difficult as it may be to remain civil with an ex, you really have to for the sake of your kids.  I give the Kail clan credit.  It's not easy.

Just once, ONCE, I want Dr Drew to ask Janelle if she has ever wept over not being with her son. To lock herself in the bathroom, crying over her alcoholic boyfriend?

Bitch please. The lack of self-awareness is mind boggling.

• Love 9

This was an interesting episode....I was quite shocked at how mature the majority of the girls were.  I thought I had turned on a different show!  

Kail has been like a new person these last two episodes--much calmer and fairly realistic about things.  I was uber impressed with the 4 of them getting together...even Javi was fully participating after being kind of a jerk in previous episodes.  I loved that they all had some fun together, and Kail is so much better when she is smiling.  She has also looked better lately, as if she is trying to make a better appearance.

Chelsea...I still feel bad for her but glad that she has a lawyer to help.  Adam did surprise me, as mentioned above, at how well he handled the Aubrey situation.  His friend seemed decent as well.

Leah--I give her credit for trying something to help with anxiety and that she is being more realistic lately (about money and other things), but she needs to get off of those meds fast.  That was creepy.

Janelle--Although she still has issues, I think she was still handling things fairly okay this episode.  She was getting a bit emotional, but she didn't go into her full crazy mode.  And I think at the very least Nathan's friend seems to be helpful to them and wants to give them good advice (not that they will always take it, but at least he tries!)

"Drownding", "childs", and "girlses". This is why kids should focus on school and not sex. This has to be the dumbest group of twentysomethings I've seen.

I was so focused on the huge lump on Adam's head I couldn't concentrate on any of his scenes.

I've witnessed for a while that Chelsea has no boundaries when it comes to her relationship with her dad but it really bothers me that she swears the way she does when talking to him. I'm 31 and I wouldn't dream of using that language around my mom out of respect for her. This is what happens when you try to be the "cool" dad. She doesn't respect him. I guess all families are different when it comes to what language is ok.

Leah was so doped up it was scary. She should call her doctor and have her dosage adjusted. It was even scarier that she was working, driving, and possibly driving like that with the girls in car with her. But I do have to call bs on her claiming she doesn't have support. Really, Leah? You have more support than most moms.

What can I say about Kail except she's a mega bitch? She was her typical rude self when she arrived at Jo and Vee's. Did she even really acknowledge Vee when she first got there? Then scoping out the place when walking down the hallway like she expected to find something illegal there. She lived with the Riveras for a while. Although Jo can be uncouth he wasn't raised by wolves. The little that we've seen of his place it looks more put together than her home most of the time. I'm glad she finally acknowledged that they could've met sooner if she wasn't such an asshole.

Jenelle is a co-dependent moron. She acts as if she can't wipe her ass without Nathan there. That girl is a nut. Nathan isn't a prize, either. Him hoping for probation was a joke because he would've found a way to screw that up and probably would serve more than 30 days. He's an idiot. When he said the "positives and negatives of the consequences", what exactly is positive about a DUI and jail?

Why do I continue to watch this show? Oh yeah, the snark factor.

• Love 2

Chelsea, you are guilty, just based on that inital interview with her lawyer I think she almost slipped.  She said:  Her friend asked her to do make-up for a wedding ... she knew the laws ... she knew they couldn't get paid without a license, so we did it more for the experience .  Lawyer explains the Commission received a complaint.  She looks at what the Commission sent to her lawyer and said this is mostly Landon and Amanda and THEIR thing and just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

She then goes on to say, It's frustrating that they are going off of what other people are saying, she didn't say anything .. (lawyer looks up puzzled by that remark) ... errr, she corrects herself and says, SHE didn't  do anything wrong.

___

By the way, she says she can't "work" without her license but wasn't she working at the day spa while studying for her license?  And from the past episode she said she can't do those things anymore because she needed to be licensed?  So I don't get it, was she working at the spa, getting paid, and shouldn't have either?

• Love 1

this episode was such a snarkfest. First of all, if Leah doesn't stop with the "I have no support" bs, I mean really. Chick, I was on my own at 18, got married, paid rent, finally had a baby 5 years later (when I could AFFORD one and when I was MATURE enough to have one- what a novel concept) and I can tell her a little something about no support. No support means I didn't meet my girlfriends for lunches sans kids (I didn't go to lunches also bc I was BROKE as a JOKE bc I didn't have MTV $). I didn't go to the nail salon on a regular basis (again, no$). When I had a run of 9 surgeries with a baby and a preschooler running around, while my husband went to work each day (to pay the bills), I still took care of my kids, solo. I took them along to PT appointments, I took them along to doctor's appointments, I grocery shopped with them, while on crutches. THAT is no support. She needs to get a grip. And I don't even know what to say about the drugs. First, it looked like she was trying to play up the "don't I look like a druggie" angle any time she was around men or friends. She's such an attention whore. But for real, if she drove with her kids in the car, she is the worst mother of the year. They could die in a car with her high as a kite ass. Watching stupid little girls on Twitter prop this chick up as such an amazing mother makes me want to scream. Obviously these girls have no clue. 
I really wish MTV would stop supporting Janelle bc she is a horrible creature as well. She threw away Jace like yesterday's trash, hooks up with one loser after another and she has no shame for any of it. I don't even want to contribute to her insanity and the pain it no doubt causes Jace. She's scum.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm so over Nathan and his collared shirts. You're not fooling anyone into thinking you're some classy, upstanding citizen. So stop trying. I have zero sympathy for Jenelle and her sadness over him leaving and going to jail. Boo fucking hoo. Maybe next time you'll get to know someone for more than 5 minutes before you move them in and get knocked up by them, so you can determine that they engage in the same kind of destructive behavior as all the other losers who have paraded in and out of your life. Oh, and if you need your man to go to jail in order for you to feel confident he's not talking to other girls, that's pretty pathetic. 

Please, someone send me a copy of Adumb's little family picture so I can vomit all over it. What? He's just "living the dream". Give me a break. Why isn't his ass behind bars yet? Cheslea can't work an honest living because of some stupid social media crap, but this turd is out driving around and interacting with the general public when he has shown a blatant disregard for public safety??? Just really burns me up. 

Wow, seeing Leah on whatever meds were prescribed to her was really scary. That chick was GONE. Putting too much dye in a baby's head? What in the seven hells was she talking about? I would be so mortified later to see that I was speaking to my child's physical therapist like that. Was she driving? She had to get to work somehow. That just scares the shit out of me. She was clearly on too high of a dose, or the wrong medicine altogether. I appreciate her recognizing that she's too stressed out and doesn't want to take it out on her family, but with how she was acting...she was in no place to take care of them medicated either. I do feel for her. I have three kids 6 to 3. But I've never had twins, I don't have a kid with a physical disability. I will give her that she has a lot on her plate. But what I can't deal with is her whining that she has no support. That is utter BS. First of all, she's not a single mom. Jeremy may be gone a lot, but he pays the bills and he seems very hands on when he is there. Corey is as involved in his girls' life as he's allowed to be, which is more than you can say for a lot of divorced dads. And she has her family, Corey's, AND Jeremy's to help out, as we've seen on many different occasions. Shoot, just these last two episodes her grandma was watching the kids so she could work. So please take a seat with that shit. 

Strangely, the winner for me this episode was Kail. I loved that she orchestrated the little get-together. I loved that Javi went along and Vee was receptive and they all seemed to get along very well. I loved that they carried it on to dinner. How beautiful to see all the people that love Isaac able to come together and converse with each other in a mature way. It really had me smiling like a big, ol softy. I hope they can keep it up. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 6
Ugh, I loathe Adam, but I have to give him props for the way he handled Aubree at the restaurant. I liked that he immediately took her outside when she acted up and that he was firm without being a total dick about it. Okay, back to loathing now...

Adumb seems very aware of the cameras to me. If they weren't being filmed, he may just have pinched her very hard and told her to "shut up".

Did anybody else think that Nathans friend was an his AA sponser seemed way to sensible to be an actual friend.

Possible. I did think that guy seemed very cool and wondered how those two were friends. But I think he was a fellow Marine? He said something at the end of their phone call like "Semper, you devil" - like Devil Dogs? 

By the way, she says she can't "work" without her license but wasn't she working at the day spa while studying for her license?  And from the past episode she said she can't do those things anymore because she needed to be licensed?  So I don't get it, was she working at the spa, getting paid, and shouldn't have either?

It sounded to me like Chelsea said that the state had recently changed the laws and that Chelsea could not longer provide the services she had been without a license. 

What did Kail say to Vee in her text message?

I second this question. I watched it, but nothing stuck out as bitchy or passive aggressive and now I can't remember exactly what was said.

(edited)

I wonder if Leah would be fired now from her tanning spa job, after last night's episode the boss and any patrons know she was working there high as a kite and barely functional with a simple phone call.

Edited by JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl, so true about Chelsea! She was trying so hard to keep the lie straight in her head but she wasn't smart enough to pull it off. On the flip side, whoever reported her is a petty asshole.

I wonder if Chelsea was more of a front desk person at her job. It seems odd that the board would hold her license for doing makeup at a wedding but allow her to perform limited services at a place of business.

• Love 1

Did anybody else think that Nathans friend was an his AA sponser seemed way to sensible to be an actual friend.

I doubt it, only because, according to Nathan, he's not an alcoholic, and can stop drinking "any time (he)wants." I think another poster suspected he's a marine buddy, and I agree. Also, I think Nathan was diagnosed with PTSD, so maybe this guy was a mentor or support group member...something like that...cuz he did seem to give sensible advice.

• Love 1

I wonder if Chelsea was more of a front desk person at her job. It seems odd that the board would hold her license for doing makeup at a wedding but allow her to perform limited services at a place of business.

I can't believe I remember such a small detail, but I seem to recall Chelsea saying that her duties at the spa were limited until she got licensed, but then the rules were changed and she was prohibited from doing any stuff until she got her license. Of course this happened at the same time as this disciplinary matter, so who knows if it's all made up, but I do remember her pointing this out in a voice-over.

• Love 1

I'm so over Nathan and his collared shirts. You're not fooling anyone into thinking you're some classy, upstanding citizen. So stop trying.

Remember the time he wore the short-sleeved shirt with the tie? Nathan thinks he's Andy Sipowicz.

• Love 3

I can't believe I remember such a small detail, but I seem to recall Chelsea saying that her duties at the spa were limited until she got licensed, but then the rules were changed and she was prohibited from doing any stuff until she got her license. Of course this happened at the same time as this disciplinary matter, so who knows if it's all made up, but I do remember her pointing this out in a voice-over.

I recall that too, but I'm wondering if the Commission came down on the salon owner and put a stop to Chelsea "working" there at all until she got her license.  

New law? I don't believe that for a second, the Commission must've found that she was "working" there too and they put a stop to it during this investigation.

I recall that too, but I'm wondering if the Commission came down on the salon owner and put a stop to Chelsea "working" there at all until she got her license.  

New law? I don't believe that for a second, the Commission must've found that she was "working" there too and they put a stop to it during this investigation.

You're probably right. Makes sense. Or maybe the salon didn't want to get in trouble, so the owner asked Chelsea to take a leave until the license matter was resolved.

Do you really want to know? 

You can be an apprentice, and get an apprentice license which allows you to work at a salon practicing cosmetology.  Then after you complete your apprenticeship you can get a temporary license, which is good until the date of the next test, and is extended if you take the test.  But that temporary licence ends when you get your next letter from them, which in this case contained Bad News About People Talking Smack On The Interwebs. 

Thus, the salon owner was doing just fine by having her working under her apprentice or temporary license, but couldn't (without jeopardizing the business) have her work once she got the letter.

http://legis.sd.gov/statutes/DisplayStatute.aspx?Type=Statute&Statute=36-15

On another issue: Javier seems kind of actually sane.  Just been watching for a few episodes though, so don't tell me he's been awful previously.

• Love 1

I was happy to see Kail behave somewhat maturely, even though I thought her text to Vee had a passive-aggressive bitchy tone. Baby Lincoln is adorable.

In my opinion, Kail doesn't have carte blanche on inspecting Joe and Vee's living conditions.  Can you imagine the horror if Joe and Vee asked the same of Kail and Javi???  Kail has no reason whatsoever to be concerned about Isaac's well-being while he's with Joe.  Joe is not Isaac's sitter - he's his FATHER and is very capable of parenting him and providing a safe home for him.  She needs to get down off her high horse.  I also think it's inappropriate that Kail texted Vee and put her on the spot about coming over for an inspection.  Joe should have put up that boundary immediately and said, "I will speak to Vee and we'll decide as a couple whether to invite you into our home.  I know from personal experience that it's best to set up clear boundaries and for the bio parents to contact one another regarding the kid(s).  Boyfriends, girlfriends, step-moms and step-dads should only get involved in communications when it's really necessary.  It really can set up trouble in a delicate relationship, not to mention that Kail is an idiot most of the time.

• Love 2

Leah needs to stop thinking about  herself, and think about Ali. She's so selfish. "It affects me this way". What about Ali? She sounded drunk when she was talking to the therapist.

Does Chelsea know how to do anything except whine? I guess not. Maybe she should've found out that she passed the test before buying the house. Where does she get all of this money to move every season? 

Jenelle is a lost cause. 

Kail thinks she's all high and mighty for burying the hatchet with Jo and Vee. Should've been done a long time ago. For Isaac's sake, of course. 

• Love 2

It seemed like the dosage of meds Leah's doctor put her on to start was too high, but it also could have just been the wrong med for her entirely - she was really struggling during that scene on the phone (but it was great to see the PT trying to help!).  I'd assume that if she's still taking something for her anxiety she probably has it sorted out by now, but I wonder if seeing the episode might have helped her understand better how it was affecting her at the time.  It seemed like she was getting more upset feeling like she was overreacting, but she really was so out of it, I can't imagine how she got through her normal routine while feeling that way.

My mouth was hanging wide open when Leah started babbling incoherently in mid-phone conversation!!!  I was so sad for her.  I take anxiety meds, but WOW!!!  What the heck was she talking about?  I truly think she nodded off and was talking in her sleep.  I am really feeling for her.  She is so anxious and depressed that it's painful for her.  She really needs Jeremy's and Corey's support and possibly therapy.  It was encouraging that Jeremy's recognized her need for support and gave her affirmation that he's there for her.  The pressure and worry of Alliah's(?) issues (plus a new baby and the devils' space a.k.a Ali) has taken an incredible toll on her.  :(

Chelsea I continue to find boring and whiny for the most part.  Her situation is very frustrating, I'm sure, and it's good that she's trying to do what she can to take care of it, but I just can't take her financial troubles seriously when it seems like Randy is probably still supporting her in at least some capacity.  I did laugh though when he answered the phone yet again and said he was doing "nothing" - just waiting by the phone for you to call and shout about your problems, Chelsea!

Oh my God.  "Daaad-ah!".

(edited)

Do the MTV God's expect me to believe that the same Chelsea who can't take a pissed with Randilicious on the phone really sat in a attorney's office and had a conversation about a legal matter?

And if I were Vee I would have stopped that moose dead in her tracks when she marched her ass into Isaacs room. This isn't your house bitch. That is Vee's home, where she pays the rent. ASK if you can proceed.

I might have taken a taser to her, but that probably would have just made the bear angry.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 3

I know I'm a snarky, cynical bitch, but part of me thinks that Leah complains endlessly about Ali's medical bills in the hopes that fans will donate to cover the costs.

Leah manages to find money to bleach her hair, get a weave, have her nails done and drive a ginormous truck, so they're not struggling THAT badly.

• Love 5

I swear, every time Randy sees a phone call coming in from Chelsea, he probably heaves a heavy sigh, followed by, "Damnit what the hell does this kid want now??"

I have wondered if Randy ever wakes up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with the sound of "Daaaddd-aahh!" running through his head...

And on a totally shallow note: Vee's hair. Is the Farrah Fawcett back in style again?

• Love 6
(edited)

Vee's hair made me chuckle. As out of date as it was she made sure she had every strand in place. She was going to leAve Kail with no doubt about who the new cutie in Jo's life is.

I feel her. I'm a bit insecure too and I make it my mission to at least attempt to be the cutest chick in the room. Vee knows Kail still has feelings for Jo. However she may try to paint herself.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 2
(edited)

I liked Kail this episode.  Even though her scarves still look silly, her eye-makeup looked nice.  And it was sweet to see her let Vee hold cutie Lincoln as they all joked around.  Did anybody else think Javi might have been a little sweet on Vee, now that they’ve finally met?

Janelle’s eyebrows confuse me, the way they arch downward.  Further confusing was why she was so torn up about Nathan doing time.  If I got a break from that idiot for month I’d be jumping for joy.  Ironic, that she has extreme separation and abandonment issues, all the while abandoning her son. 

Chelsea’s story is tiresome.  I really lost all concern about the licensing drama.  But, I’m sure in the real world there would be no way she’d meet with that lawyer on her own.  Randy did all the legwork, of setting it up and getting documents to him.  I still believe she’s 100% guilty of getting paid.  Why fight it?

It was a little funny, how when Leah was zoning out she was mumbling bout dye in heads, when I’m pretty sure a fair about of dye has seeped into her noggin.  But, in all seriousness, I’ve been incoherent like that on certain meds. They weren’t for anxiety and were for a terminal illness.  But, it’s really frustrating to know you aren’t making sense, but you can’t stop yourself.  I felt for her.  I sure hope she wises up and stops driving or being alone with her kids in that condition.

Edited by PlanetSassy
  • Love 2

wrestlesflamingos, I think that's the first time I'ver ever seen Addalyn's real name appear on a forum. On TWoP she was known strictly as Baby Adderal.

I think Vee's hair would have looked better if she'd opted for loose barrel curls rather than tight ringlets. Shockingly I thought Kail looked marginally attractive this epi.

Chelsea and Taylor look like sisters. Weird how they were both sporting that faded red hair with an inch of roots. It reminded me of diluted cherry kool-aid.

(edited)

Thanks Maharincess! Love your screen-name as well.

Despite Kailyn's text message (and Vee's comment about pigs flying, to be fair),

To be fair, Vee is not the one who has been bad-mouthing Kail and Javi on screen or anywhere else, like those two dorks have done for quite some time. Their behavior and bad-mouthing of Jo and Vee on the reunion shows, on the show itself, in the media (something Kail has done many, many times with her interviews on the internet with various sites), on the MTV site with those post show interviews, on Twitter and Facebook, would cause me to pause and think that hell must have frozen over or that pigs are going to start flying pass my window.  Kail deserves to be questioned about her motives and behavior so, that remark that Vee did last night, which I feel was used accordingly, is not at all comparable to how passive-aggressive Kail's text was to Vee, which is so typical of Kow, I mean, Kail.

Now, it is a good thing for Isaac to have his mother finally come to her senses and realize the way she has been going about things, was not at all the right way of doing things. Too bad Isaac had to wait for his mom to find someone to marry her and put up with her nastiness and abusive behavior, and then get pregnant to secure her future, in order for her to feel "fulfilled and happy". Isaac had to take a ride in the backseat of Kail's ride to bitchhood and whinetown, until she found her own happiness. Self-centered scab.

What the hell was with her barging into Isaac's room? No class sow. You wait until your guests ask if you want to take a tour of their son and step-son's room. Just because you popped out Issaac, that gives you no authority to stomp your cow hooves into Isaac's room as if you pay the rent there.

Someone should give Leah an overdose of birth control pills and stitch up Jeremy's vas deferens, not put her on anxiety pills! Giving birth to Cheetos just magnified an already frustrating situation. Leah complained way back about the stress of dealing with Goggles and Thing 2. But of course, she had to have a baby with Jeremy because he wanted to have one, and who was she to say no to him? They both wanted a child, for their own selfish reasons, and now they must deal with it. No pity here. Leah has plenty of support. Who is it that takes care of the girls when she is out getting her extensions and hair disfigured? Where are the girls when she is getting her nails done? She shares custody with the girlses father so, it isn't as if she has them 24/7. That is her time to take it easy, relax, and go dump Cheetos with her mom or whoever else because she is "stressed".  Shut the hell up, Leah. Try going to school, working full-time and raising kids with a father who also works full-time. As for getting hair and nails done, that is when a box of nail polish and $10 store dye come into play. That's what I did.  By the way, who the hell is Leah trying to impress with her hair and nails? If she is so stressed at home, and she is playing up the "I am always at home" scenario, why bother with the nails and hair? Jeremy is out of town a lot. What am I missing here?

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 4
I also think it's inappropriate that Kail texted Vee and put her on the spot about coming over for an inspection.  Joe should have put up that boundary immediately and said, "I will speak to Vee and we'll decide as a couple whether to invite you into our home.  I know from personal experience that it's best to set up clear boundaries and for the bio parents to contact one another regarding the kid(s).  Boyfriends, girlfriends, step-moms and step-dads should only get involved in communications when it's really necessary.  It really can set up trouble in a delicate relationship, not to mention that Kail is an idiot most of the time.

I tend to agree with you, except in this case it seemed that Jo WANTED Kail to reach out to Vee directly, since she'd been so shitty to her in the past. 

Vee's hair made me chuckle. As out of date as it was she made sure she had every strand in place. She was going to leAve Kail with no doubt about who the new cutie in Jo's life is.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who thought that! I felt pretty evil for a minute there, but I was like - "damn, Vee, got all dolled up to chat with the ex". 

shockingly I thought Kail looked marginally attractive this epi.

When she's not scowling, Kail can actually look quite pretty, IMO. Unfortunately, that rarely happens. 

I didn't have an issue with Kail reaching out to Vee. I think it was the first step in taking ownership over what a bitch she's been the last couple years.

However instead of sending a text that said "I want to see how Isaac's been living" it might have been a little nicer to say something like "would it be okay if I came over to pick up Isaac and meet with you?" It's amusing how even in her texts Kail comes off like a hulking she-wolf.

• Love 1

I felt so bad for Leah. I had an anxiety attack at a get together a few years ago, and a friend gave me one of her Klonopins. I figured it would just calm me down and it did, but an hour later I could barely walk without help, I could barely talk, and after I got home I slept for about 12 hours into the next afternoon. Some of those things can just overtake you. Especially if she has to force herself to be up to parent and go to work.

Chelsea's been pissing me off lately and I can't put my finger on why. She used to be my favorite, but I think it's just that as I get older, I'm losing patience for her. I'm the same age as these girls and aside from Jenelle, Chelsea is the one who just won't grow up. It's great that she has a house now and is trying to work, but her demeanor is still the demeanor of a 15-year-old.

Kail has a really pretty smile and bright, blue eyes. She IS pretty when she's happy. It's like leap day though.

She is. It just goes to show how personality really can affect looks, because I thought she looked gorgeous for the first time in awhile in this episode. I hope the 4 of them can keep going on this path. It was still a little passive-aggressive, but it's a step.

I don't understand why they can't at least get her a wheelchair so she can go outside or do things on her own.  I remember the PT mentioning something about the the insurance company and wanting a power chair is a big expense.  

I loved it when Leah was whining to Jurmy about the effects of the meds, and she said, "I don't want to look like that."  With that hair, and that makeup, and those nails, and those clothes--looking sleepy is where she draws the line.

And THIS is why it's not safe on the roads.  Leah nodding off at work but presumably driving herself back and forth (because she has no support, you know), Chelsea seemingly unable to put a foot on the accelerator without talking on the phone about things that are upsetting her, Jenelle having Nathan clean her glasses for her while she's driving, Adam and his DUIs, Nathan and his DUIs,  Frankly, I don't care if they want to kill themselves and their children, but stop imperiling everybody else on the road.

I'm so over Nathan and his collared shirts. You're not fooling anyone into thinking you're some classy, upstanding citizen.

He always reminds me of these kids who moved down the street from us when I was little.  The two brothers came over and introduced themselves to my parents, and shook hands, and my parents were so impressed.  Well.  They turned out to be thugs to all the other kids, and in fact were the ones who told me a joke about Johnny Fuckerfaster, which to this day, almost 50 years later, i still can't forget.  Nathan and his collared shirts = the Minton kids.  You're not fooling me.

Adumb seems very aware of the cameras to me. If they weren't being filmed, he may just have pinched her very hard and told her to "shut up".

So how's this for an idea?  We all pitch in and pay someone to follow Adam around with a fake camera 24/7.  Adam behaves, and we don't have to see any footage.  Sounds like a win-win to me.

• Love 1